The Gift of God is Eternal life !

beloved57

Everyone is familiar with the scripture
Rom 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Yes Eternal life is a Gift of God, however its not a Gift to everyone, but only them Chosen by God, His Sheep or Elect. Let's look at Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Its Gods Will for Christ to give as a Gift, Eternal life, restricted to only as many as the Father has given Him. That is to be given to His Sheep! Jn 10:27-29

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Nanja

Everyone is familiar with the scripture
Rom 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Yes Eternal life is a Gift of God, however its not a Gift to everyone, but only them Chosen by God, His Sheep or Elect. Let's look at Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Its Gods Will for Christ to give as a Gift, Eternal life, restricted to only as many as the Father has given Him. That is to be given to His Sheep! Jn 10:27-29

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Amen Brother! Those who were Gifted by God with Eternal Life are the Election of Grace 2 Tim. 1:9 chosen in Christ before the foundation to have an eternal inheritance.

Eph. 1:11
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

1 Pet. 1:2-5
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

So in time, each one of God's Elect, or Sheep, receive this Gift of Eternal Life experimentally when they are born again as evidence they were ordained to receive it Acts 13:48.

1 Pet. 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Titus 1:1-2
1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; 2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;