PDA

View Full Version : Greetings.

TheAnomalist
November 26th, 2008, 05:07 PM
For those who are curious about my username, it means I am very interested in anomalies, as I consider myself one. However, I am mostly interested in natural anomalies, but not usually supernatural or paranormal ones, because they are usually fakeries.

I hope I enjoy my time here. This site looks pretty interesting. :)

Spitfire
November 26th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Takes most of the fun out of an anomaly if there's no apparent need for a supernatural/paranormal explanation, though, doesn't it? Otherwise I don't see how it would be much of an anomaly to begin with.

Yes, maybe you'll find some exceptions to what one should usually expect here if that's what you're hoping for.

TheAnomalist
November 26th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Takes most of the fun out of an anomaly if there's no apparent need for a supernatural/paranormal explanation, though, doesn't it? Otherwise I don't see how it would be much of an anomaly to begin with.

I am more interested in anomalies such as the Platypus. :D

kmoney
November 26th, 2008, 05:45 PM
How are you one?

SaulToPaul
November 26th, 2008, 05:48 PM
What's an anomaly? Is that anything like alimony? :idunno:

TheAnomalist
November 26th, 2008, 05:49 PM
How are you one?

Genetically, physiologically, and mentally. :dunce:

TheAnomalist
November 26th, 2008, 05:57 PM
What's an anomaly? Is that anything like alimony? :idunno:

From wikipedia:

An anomaly is any occurrence or object that is strange, unusual, or unique.

4string
November 26th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Greetings Anomalist... welcome to TOL.

To be honest I find the platypus to be a biological oddity but relatively uninteresting compared to the anomalies of quantum theory and cosmology.

TheAnomalist
November 26th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Greetings Anomalist... welcome to TOL.

To be honest I find the platypus to be a biological oddity but relatively uninteresting compared to the anomalies of quantum theory and cosmology.

Of course!

Quantum theory and cosmology are among my favorite subjects.

Stripe
November 26th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Welcome to TOL. Watch out .. reality can hurt anomalies.... :chuckle:

Knight
November 26th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Welcome to da "big show".

HappyCetacean
November 28th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Welcome to the madhouse! You will see sights and experience things here to be found nowhere else on the interwebs! :)

Stripe
November 28th, 2008, 06:14 AM
WHOA! A talking dolphin!

bybee
November 28th, 2008, 06:43 AM
I am more interested in anomalies such as the Platypus. :D

What about the Pelican? His beak can hold more than his belly can......mildly anomalous. bybee

Town Heretic
December 1st, 2008, 03:02 PM
For those who are curious about my username, it means I am very interested in anomalies, as I consider myself one. However, I am mostly interested in natural anomalies, but not usually supernatural or paranormal ones, because they are usually fakeries.

I hope I enjoy my time here. This site looks pretty interesting. :)
It by and large is, but you might want to take the Adhominalist with a grain of salt, if you run into him.

Welcome. :e4e:

bybee
December 1st, 2008, 05:10 PM
It by and large is, but you might want to take the Adhominalist with a grain of salt, if you run into him.

Welcome. :e4e:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: bybee