"WHOSOEVER That Calls Upon the Name of the Lord Shall be Saved" Romans 10:13

Robert Pate

Banned
"WHOSOEVER That Calls Upon the Name of the Lord Shall be Saved" Romans 10:13

The word "whosoever" means all, everyone, anyone. (Funk and Wagnalls Dictionary)

If you try to say that only the "elect" are the whosoever's then the word loses its meaning. It is not possible to define the word "whosoever" to any particular person or group, it just doesn't make sense to try and do so.

The word "whosoever" appears in the Bible over 180 times. Jesus used the word "whosoever" over 80 times. Such as in John 3:16, where he said, "That WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

The Bible plainly teaches that salvation is for "whosoever" that believes in Jesus. To try and change that is to deceive yourself into believing a lie.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The word "whosoever" means all, everyone, anyone. (Funk and Wagnalls Dictionary)

If you try to say that only the "elect" are the whosoever's then the word loses its meaning.

Whosoever (πᾶς) means every or all. Everyone is considered individually.

Robert Pate

Banned
Catholics believe in Jesus Christ, they have icons of him.

To try and change that is to deceive yourself into believing a lie.

Catholics believe that Jesus is there example. They are busy, busy, busy, trying to be like him.

We can't be like him because we are sinners. But we can trust in him to save us.

theophilus

Matt. 7:21-23 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Its not complicated. It is so simple that even a small child can understand it.
Right,
drevil.gif
and this isn't wearing one's ball cap backward and fist-bumping (Mt 18:3). :freak:

nikolai_42

If you try to say that only the "elect" are the whosoever's then the word loses its meaning. It is not possible to define the word "whosoever" to any particular person or group, it just doesn't make sense to try and do so.

The word "whosoever" appears in the Bible over 180 times. Jesus used the word "whosoever" over 80 times. Such as in John 3:16, where he said, "That WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

The Bible plainly teaches that salvation is for "whosoever" that believes in Jesus. To try and change that is to deceive yourself into believing a lie.

Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

I Corinthians 12:2-3

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Catholics believe that Jesus is there example. They are busy, busy, busy, trying to be like him.
The only busy, busy, busy Catholics I know are busy, busy, busy confessing their sins, serving the less-fortunate, and celebrating the Lord's Supper, just as the New Testament reveals the Church has been doing from the earliest.
We can't be like him because we are sinners. But we can trust in him to save us.
I don't know a single Catholic who disagrees with this Robert.

Robert Pate

Banned
Matt. 7:21-23 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.

The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
The only busy, busy, busy Catholics I know are busy, busy, busy confessing their sins, serving the less-fortunate, and celebrating the Lord's Supper, just as the New Testament reveals the Church has been doing from the earliest.
I don't know a single Catholic who disagrees with this Robert.

Then why do they disagree with Romans 4:4, 5?

theophilus

The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ.

That is the WORK of God: John 6:29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”

Romans 1
1 Paul, a bond-servant of Christ Jesus, called as an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, 2 which He promised beforehand through His prophets in the holy Scriptures, 3 concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh, 4 who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord, 5 through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name’s sake, 6 among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ;
7 to all who are beloved of God in Rome, called as saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

God's will is for us to obey Jesus.

If He truly is your Lord...you will obey Him.

Otherwise,

Matt. 7:21-23 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!

Robert Pate

Banned
That is the WORK of God: John 6:29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”

Romans 1
1 Paul, a bond-servant of Christ Jesus, called as an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, 2 which He promised beforehand through His prophets in the holy Scriptures, 3 concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh, 4 who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord, 5 through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name’s sake, 6 among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ;
7 to all who are beloved of God in Rome, called as saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

God's will is for us to obey Jesus.

If He truly is your Lord...you will obey Him.

Otherwise,

Matt. 7:21-23 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!

Problem is that in order to obey Jesus you would have to be without sin.

"Be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect" Are you perfect? If not then you are a sinner.