Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bob with a former Church of Christ Pastor

Friday December 16th, 2005. This is show # 250.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW
Bob Enyart: Paul said that my gospel is a mystery that was never before revealed and yet the gospel that Jesus preached and that the apostles preached, it was part of prophecy. And Peter said in Acts 3 that everything that we're saying and doing was all prophesied. But Paul's message was a mystery never before revealed.

Pastor Trent Cole: Those were the 2 verses that opened my eyes. You're quoting, I think it's Acts 3:24 where Peter says Samuel and all the prophets likewise foretold of these days. But Paul in Romans 16:25 says, "Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret..." So one has been revealed and the other has been kept secret and my eyes came right open just like that. There's a difference here!

sentientsynth

I had a run-in with a Church of Christ pastor a couple of months back. At the first, all was OK, but then he started in on indoctrinating me. Let's just say, it wasn't pretty. He said I had to be re-baptized and that I had to keep the Law. Also, he claimed that Jesus wasn't God. Let's just say that he doesn't come around any more. I was able to put him to shame because he had no clue about the division of the Word of truth.

And I have to thank Pastor Bob Enyart for equipping me to be able to demonstrate just why we are not to keep the Law. If you don't want to be susceptible to such attacks, I implore you to read the Plot by Enyart. In one message, he makes the claim that anyone who reads the Plot will be able to hold their own even with seminary trained pastors. I'm here to tell you that that's the truth.

SS

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Fortunately, going to a CoC for the first dozen years of my life didn't cause irreversible damage. I still like the no-instrument corporate singing, though.

Last edited:

docrob57

This was a great show!! I would like to hear more from the former CoC pastor. I would like to hear Bob talk more on this subject too.

Nimrod

I maybe listened to 4 minutes of the show before I wanted to puke. Dispensationalism crapola. YUCK!

Sometime I perfer no instruments.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Nimrod said:
I maybe listened to 4 minutes of the show before I wanted to puke. Dispensationalism crapola. YUCK!

Sometime I perfer no instruments.

You should read "The Plot"! :D

I loved the show. I'd like to see the CoC pastor do another show with Bob, the discussion was great. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.