PDA

View Full Version : Hello, TOL

rdalin
September 17th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I'm a life-long atheist and a long-time forum participant looking for some new places to hang out. At present, I'm checking out Theology Online to see if it would be a good fit for me.

GuySmiley
September 17th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I'm a life-long atheist and a long-time forum participant looking for some new places to hang out. At present, I'm checking out Theology Online to see if it would be a good fit for me.
Welcome! Good intro by the way, no attitude. We've had some doozy's lately.

assuranceagent
September 17th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Welcome :wave2:

You're likely to find a number of conflicting view points and...lively...presentations of them, but that's what makes it fun. As another atheist has said,

"I've been to forums full of atheists and the conversation goes something like this:

'There's no God'

'Yeah. I know.'

'Cool.'

'Cool.'"

As long as you brought your thick skin suit and a little edge, you'll be just fine. Brains help too, but they certainly aren't a requirement as you shall soon see. :thumb:

Knight
September 17th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I'm a life-long atheist and a long-time forum participant looking for some new places to hang out. At present, I'm checking out Theology Online to see if it would be a good fit for me.Welcome to the jungle.

novice
September 17th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I'm a life-long atheist and a long-time forum participant looking for some new places to hang out. At present, I'm checking out Theology Online to see if it would be a good fit for me.What forum did you get banned from ?

rdalin
September 17th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Welcome! Good intro by the way, no attitude. We've had some doozy's lately.

Thanks.

That was what I was aiming at.

rdalin
September 17th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Welcome :wave2:

Thanks

You're likely to find a number of conflicting view points and...lively...presentations of them, but that's what makes it fun. As another atheist has said,

"I've been to forums full of atheists and the conversation goes something like this:

'There's no God'

'Yeah. I know.'

'Cool.'

'Cool.'"

As long as you brought your thick skin suit and a little edge, you'll be just fine. Brains help too, but they certainly aren't a requirement as you shall soon see. :thumb:

My skin is quite thick after more than seven years of discussions, arguments, attacks and ripostes. I try to be polite even when disagreeing with someone, although that isn't always possible. (I would have a problem with someone like the newbie who recently started off by saying that he thinks atheists are liars when we say we don't believe in a god.)

Brains? That will become apparent, I hope.

rdalin
September 17th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Welcome to the jungle.

Thank you.

rdalin
September 17th, 2008, 02:50 PM
What forum did you get banned from ?

Your assumption is incorrect.

Aimiel
September 17th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Looks like a pretty good fit... turn around... yup, TOL looks good on you. I'd buy a subscription if I were you. :thumb:

The Graphite
September 17th, 2008, 03:04 PM
C'mon in! The water's fine!

Or lack thereof, for many of us.... :chuckle:

novice
September 17th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Gee... you are gonna be a barrel of fun aren't you? :rolleyes:

rdalin
September 17th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Looks like a pretty good fit... turn around... yup, TOL looks good on you. I'd buy a subscription if I were you. :thumb:

I'm definitely considering it. So far, so good.

rdalin
September 17th, 2008, 03:07 PM

Thanks for the invitation.

rdalin
September 17th, 2008, 03:08 PM

That remains to be seen.

How would you have preferred me to reply?

novice
September 17th, 2008, 03:34 PM
That remains to be seen.

How would you have preferred me to reply?Oh I don't know.... I suppose you could have chuckled :chuckle: at my little joke instead of taking it seriously. :idunno:

We have now officially talked about this way too much. :noid:

:deadhorse:

Rusha
September 17th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Welcome to the forum ...:)

rdalin
September 17th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Oh I don't know.... I suppose you could have chuckled :chuckle: at my little joke instead of taking it seriously. :idunno:

We have now officially talked about this way too much. :noid:

:deadhorse:

I apologize. I'm not yet familiar with the people here, so I didn't realize you were joking.

rdalin
September 17th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the forum ...:)

Thanks.

GuySmiley
September 17th, 2008, 05:06 PM

I think I get this, and its really funny. :chuckle:

The Graphite
September 17th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I think I get this, and its really funny. :chuckle:
We should all get together and have a big party next to a big, empty swimming pool! :chuckle:

GuySmiley
September 17th, 2008, 05:20 PM
We should all get together and have a big party next to a big, empty swimming pool! :chuckle:
:rotfl: I've repped you too recently already.

Thunder's Muse
September 17th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Welcome to TOL

rdalin
September 17th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Welcome to TOL

Thank you.

The Graphite
September 17th, 2008, 05:44 PM
:rotfl: I've repped you too recently already.
We could have baptisms in a dry creek bed!

Dust bowl dispensationalists!

Stripe
September 17th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Welcome!

spider
September 18th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Hi rdalin! What other forums have you been on? I go by the same name on other forums, I might've bumped into you before.

Check out the smileys here, they are great. Look at this one: :jeffrson: and this one :Grizzly: and this one!!! :DK: zomg so many!!

rdalin
September 18th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Welcome!

Thanks.

rdalin
September 18th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Hi rdalin! What other forums have you been on? I go by the same name on other forums, I might've bumped into you before.

Check out the smileys here, they are great. Look at this one: :jeffrson: and this one :Grizzly: and this one!!! :DK: zomg so many!!

I don't recognize the name, but . . .

I'm a regular on three of Delphi forums: Christianity-General, CrossCurrents and Circus Maximus. I hang out a lot on About's Atheism/Agnosticism forum. I just stopped posting at About's Christianity forum; the moderator changed the format to all-fellowship, so to speak. There used to be an active debate section, but for reasons unknown that was dropped.

There are a couple of others, as well - Internet Infidels, for one.

I keep busy.

I don't use smileys as a rule, but these are so easily available I may have to change my policy.