PDA

View Full Version : Automatic bible links.

Knight
August 20th, 2008, 07:18 PM
The feature that makes Bible verses automatically link to BibleGateway is now re-installed.

Judges 4:21

elohiym
August 20th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Woohoo!:banana:

nicholsmom
August 20th, 2008, 09:10 PM
You rock, Knight!

I know it's not in context, but 1 Cor 15:57-58
Just to test it out & encourage the laborer in his work :)

Frank Ernest
August 21st, 2008, 06:34 AM
The feature that makes Bible verses automatically link to BibleGateway is now re-installed.

Judges 4:21

Thank you!! 2Timothy 3:16-17 KJV

Psalmist
August 21st, 2008, 07:01 AM
:thumb:

Hallelujah!

Amen and Amen!

Romans 10:8-13

:wave2:

Aimiel
August 21st, 2008, 07:20 AM

Judges 4:21That's a feature that I love. You can see someone's quote (often people will quote Scriptures along with the reference) and you can see the context of the verse by just clicking the link. Handy!!! :thumb:

We really appreciate all your hard work on the new website, Knight.

Servo
August 21st, 2008, 07:21 AM
Yipee!!!

:the_wave:

Exodus 20:13

Door
August 21st, 2008, 09:01 AM
Now all we need is for every word in a post to be linked to either a dictionary / Greek dictionary, and/or Wikipedia! :up:

Lion
August 21st, 2008, 09:14 AM
Way to go Knight!:bowser:

chickenman
August 21st, 2008, 09:26 AM
Now all we need is for every word in a post to be linked to either a dictionary / Greek dictionary, and/or Wikipedia! :up:

And for the more challenged ones of the group, there could be a feature where one can click on any letter and a dialogue box will pop up and tell them whether it's a consonant or a vowel.

PaulMcNabb
August 29th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Does it ever think normal text is a Bible reference? I remember that it used to do that sometimes.

paul

Mr. 5020
August 29th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Does it ever think normal text is a Bible reference? I remember that it used to do that sometimes.

paulThe 1 way it does that... oh...

bucksplasher
August 29th, 2008, 06:55 PM
How (not a stereotypical Native American form of greeting) but how does it work? tWINs

Mr. 5020
August 29th, 2008, 07:02 PM
How (not a stereotypical Native American form of greeting) but how does it work? tWINsYou type a reference, and it automatically creates a link to Bible Gateway. Like this...

John 3:16

I didn't do anything special. I just typed the reference, and it did it automatically. It also works with abbreviations, like this...

Jn 3:16

Also, it defaults to the New King James Version. If you want it to link to a different version, just type the version after the verse, like this...

Matthew 18:11 NIV

Oops... bad example. Try this...

Matthew 18:11 KJV

:D

bucksplasher
August 29th, 2008, 07:08 PM
You type a reference, and it automatically creates a link to Bible Gateway. Like this...

I didn't do anything special. I just typed the reference, and it did it automatically. It also works with abbreviations, like this...

Jn 3:16

Also, it defaults to the New King James Version. If you want it to link to a different version, just type the version after the verse, like this...

Matt 18:11 NIV

Oops... bad example. Try this...

Matt 18:11 KJV

:D

What if you only have the geest of the words? I need a program that let's me type "God so loved the world.." and it gives me the verse etc. Is there something like that? As you can probably tell I'm a Catholic. tWINs.

Mr. 5020
August 30th, 2008, 09:37 AM
What if you only have the geest of the words? I need a program that let's me type "God so loved the world.." and it gives me the verse etc. Is there something like that? As you can probably tell I'm a Catholic. tWINs.The site that those links take you to (BibleGateway.com) is a great tool for that.

BibleGateway Quick Search for "God so loved the world" (http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=for+god+so+loved+the+world&qs_version=50)

bucksplasher
August 30th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Thank you. I'll give it a try. tWINs

bucksplasher
August 30th, 2008, 09:57 AM

It worked...It worked. What a great invention. Thanks again. tWINs

SaulToPaul
August 30th, 2008, 10:19 AM

It worked...It worked. What a great invention. Thanks again. tWINs

Check out this one, Twinsplasher, Paul writing...
1 Cor 4:15-16 KJV.

bucksplasher
August 30th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Nehemiah 8:6
I can see where this could get to be addictive. Anyway I learned something else new today so life's good. tWINs

Lighthouse
August 30th, 2008, 01:29 PM
What if you only have the geest of the words? I need a program that let's me type "God so loved the world.." and it gives me the verse etc. Is there something like that? As you can probably tell I'm a Catholic. tWINs.

The site that those links take you to (BibleGateway.com) is a great tool for that.

BibleGateway Quick Search for "God so loved the world" (http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=for+god+so+loved+the+world&qs_version=50)
Ya beat me to it.