ECT Rom 3:3 and 9:6 on God's constancy

Interplanner

A future restoration of a state/theocracy/worship system of Israel is said to be the clinching proof that God's promises are true. Otherwise God lies.

This problem was already dealt with in Rom 3:3 and 9:6. God is faithful or constant, and that can be shown negatively: he DOES judge when his people fail him. Paul frequently referred to the coming wrath on Israel for its gross failure.

In 9:6, a progression from that is made to show, at the same time, that the word of God has NOT failed even with such performance by Israel, because of another Israel that is by faith. It is not the natural children after all, who are God's children, which is why the "us" he is referring to is both Jew and non-Jew. And this is validated by 4 OT passages--so long as they are read "in Christ"!

Danoh

You have too many thread trying to figure out the answer to the same thing.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Yep, and he figures that if he could just say his "one size fits all" Scripture in just one more vague way, he will get a different result - he'll at last succeed in his push for everyone to subscribe to his endless books of the month club :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep, and he figures that if he could just say his "one size fits all" Scripture in just one more vague way, he will get a different result - he'll at last succeed in his push for everyone to subscribe to his endless books of the month club :chuckle:
Yep. Shows his desperation.
Also shows his blatant lack of forum etiquette to not clog a forum with your own threads about the SAME THING.

Desperate and ill-mannered!

Interplanner

I have test-readers I pay and the typical progression is:
1, for 20 mins they have no idea what it is about. Well, of course, I plopped them down in the middle of it.
2, the next 20 mins, a change over takes them because pieces from earlier are now being assembled together and the 'idea' is shaping and their voice changes.
3, in the last 20 mins they are quite taken and a bit upset that i have to stop, and we often talk another 15 minutes about what they know about the Gospel etc.

I don't know the answer to reading for pleasure today, but I think it will help to read material like this aloud to others, or to hear it read by a good actor/ess. I had one pick it up once and within minutes her professional training took over and I was writing notes by the gobs because she was conveying things in her tone of voice about the story that needed to be clarified, ruled out, etc. Amazing. I've had 3 people like that.

themuzicman

A future restoration of a state/theocracy/worship system of Israel is said to be the clinching proof that God's promises are true. Otherwise God lies.

This problem was already dealt with in Rom 3:3 and 9:6. God is faithful or constant, and that can be shown negatively: he DOES judge when his people fail him. Paul frequently referred to the coming wrath on Israel for its gross failure.

In 9:6, a progression from that is made to show, at the same time, that the word of God has NOT failed even with such performance by Israel, because of another Israel that is by faith. It is not the natural children after all, who are God's children, which is why the "us" he is referring to is both Jew and non-Jew. And this is validated by 4 OT passages--so long as they are read "in Christ"!

Romans 9-11 says that God's word to Israel was fulfilled in the remnant of Israel that believed. The rest of Israel is the pot prepared for wrath. see Rom 11:1-7

heir

TOL Subscriber
Romans 9-11 says that God's word to Israel was fulfilled in the remnant of Israel that believed. The rest of Israel is the pot prepared for wrath. see Rom 11:1-7
LOL The remnant of Romans 11:5 KJV is the remnant according to the election of grace which God foreknew that was gathered into the Body. That all Israel shall be saved is future/second coming of the Lord and Paul confirms it in Romans 11:25-27 KJV!

You all need to stop ignoring the truth!

Interplanner

LOL The remnant of Romans 11:5 KJV is the remnant according to the election of grace which God foreknew that was gathered into the Body. That all Israel shall be saved is future/second coming of the Lord and Paul confirms it in Romans 11:25-27 KJV!

Rom 11:26 is not 2nd coming. It is saying how the other Israel will form. The quote of Isaiah there is historic; it had all happened. those Jews who see that are part of the other Israel--by faith.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The all Israel who will be saved (by Christ's gathering of them)refer to the men and women of faith in Christ from all races, not to Israel of the flesh in Judaism.

LA

Danoh

Nope.

That passage is referring to The Little Flock...and they were not...in the Body.

Back to the drawing board you go, your heirness - stop distorting...the truth :chuckle: