ECT Why is a future restoration never mentioned at critical moments in the NT?

Interplanner

Show where a future restoration of Israel in its land is the answer that soothes a hostile interaction between Christian and Judaism. It never happens because it is not what the apostles believed.

Danoh

Might as well use the Lord's Own parables on your stiff neck and UNcircumcised heart.

The future restoration is there - for the Son abideth forever.

It is there - for God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

God's Truth

Might as well use the Lord's Own parables on your stiff neck and UNcircumcised heart.

The future restoration is there - for the Son abideth forever.

It is there - for God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Earthy land is nothing. Why do you keep talking about it?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Earthy land is nothing. Why do you keep talking about it?

Land is synonymous with the Kingdom.

However mortals will also live in it distinct from the rest of the nations.

God does not mind what flesh they come from.

Eze 39:25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
Eze 39:26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
Eze 39:27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
Eze 39:28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
Eze 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Isa 49:19 For thy waste and thy desolate places, and the land of thy destruction, shall even now be too narrow by reason of the inhabitants, and they that swallowed thee up shall be far away.
Isa 49:20 The children which thou shalt have, after thou hast lost the other, shall say again in thine ears, The place is too strait for me: give place to me that I may dwell.
Isa 49:21 Then shalt thou say in thine heart, Who hath begotten me these, seeing I have lost my children, and am desolate, a captive, and removing to and fro? and who hath brought up these? Behold, I was left alone; these, where had they been?
Isa 49:22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.

ON EARTH----

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Rev 7:11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
Rev 7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
Rev 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Rev 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
Rev 7:16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
Rev 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Interplanner

Eze 39:25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
Eze 39:26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
Eze 39:27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
Eze 39:28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
Eze 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Isa 49:19 For thy waste and thy desolate places, and the land of thy destruction, shall even now be too narrow by reason of the inhabitants, and they that swallowed thee up shall be far away.
Isa 49:20 The children which thou shalt have, after thou hast lost the other, shall say again in thine ears, The place is too strait for me: give place to me that I may dwell.
Isa 49:21 Then shalt thou say in thine heart, Who hath begotten me these, seeing I have lost my children, and am desolate, a captive, and removing to and fro? and who hath brought up these? Behold, I was left alone; these, where had they been?
Isa 49:22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.

ON EARTH----

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Rev 7:11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
Rev 7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
Rev 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Rev 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
Rev 7:16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
Rev 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

As long as you are talking about non-Judaic NHNE, it is fine to refer to a coming kingdom of bliss on (that) earth.

DAN P

Show where a future restoration of Israel in its land is the answer that soothes a hostile interaction between Christian and Judaism. It never happens because it is not what the apostles believed.

Hi and turn to Gen 15:18 , Israel will occuply the Land from the RIVER of Egypt to the Great River EUPHRATES and this is Prophecy yet to be FULFILLED !!

So the disciples were not out of line in asking when the Kingdom would br RESTORED , Acts 1:6 !!

dan p

SaulToPaul 2

As long as you are talking about non-Judaic NHNE, it is fine to refer to a coming kingdom of bliss on (that) earth.

You are viewing this in a non-linear apparatus, skewing the NHNE paradigm set forth by NT writers in favor of a Judaic reverberation event which is not rather a state of bliss, but one of prolonged discombobulation which comes when one ignores Acts 13A and Acts 13B in favor of their treasured 2P2P.

DAN P

Not so. Read Joshua 1:6 and 21:43

Hi and where are the Rivers of Egypt and the RIVER Euphrates , mentioned in Josh 1:6 is the Land of Canaan !!

Israel as I see from the maps that I have seen never occupied all the land that was promised to them !!

dan p

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Matthew 19

28 So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Revelation 21

9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. 12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Danoh

Matthew 19

28 So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Revelation 21

9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. 12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Nope. That's not the way to go, Nick.

You are supposed to show that in your own words.

Posting the passages - actually allowing them to speak for themselves simply will not do.

How is a book based book worm supposed to worm his way around the passages speaking for themselves.

You Mads are - Ugggh!!! - MADNING!!!

:doh:

musterion

Luke 19:44 and Josephus' standing towers = Doomsday Machine

Preterism = Commodore Decker

tumblr_n1knm9faYn1s67vyfo9_r1_250.gif

God's Truth

ON EARTH----

Just like Interplanner said.

Interplanner

Luke 19:44 and Josephus' standing towers = Doomsday Machine

Preterism = Commodore Decker

tumblr_n1knm9faYn1s67vyfo9_r1_250.gif

Then because you have postponed the destruction found in Mt24A, you have to do this with your clumsy, failing, gymnastic theology:

1, you have re-designate the 'desolation' that was already declared in Mt 23. I know you D'ists are all into busting up literary context and flow, but really. If the end of Mt 23 is on the note of the declaration of the desolation of the country; and then 24A starts by the disciples in classic denial and shock about what they heard so that all they know to do is look at the buildings across the valley and say how grand they are, then you have just exploded what Jesus is saying in 24A by your disconnection.

2, you now have to ignore the 'most devastating event recorded in antiquity that has extensive documentation' several times that of Pompeii.

3, you now have to have some kind of Israel come back to a land where, with its Islamic layer, a proposal to restart the worship system in its exact spot is going to ignite a war. But is such a restart good or evil? Well, then the land has to be destroyed again, even though, if you read Hebrews, "Israel" had no business, in light of the gospel, of doing so!

4, now your Jesus is some kind of time-traveler who speaks very intently to people around him things that matter X000 years in the future, but keeps saying "you" to those in the room but means things X000 years in the future, describing things, places, events, details that are right there (as they were in Mt 10), but means things X000 years in the future.

Enjoy your company!