Being ignorant of God's righteousness & trying to establish your own righteousness

beameup

Being ignorant of God's righteousness & trying to establish your own righteousness

Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. - Romans 10:1-4

Many Gentiles essentially do the same thing by rejecting the sacrifice of God the Son and pursuing their "own righteousness".

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
AMEN.

If anyone is relying on their own righteousness, they are relying on the wrong one.

Romans 5:18 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

God's Truth

Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. - Romans 10:1-4

Many Gentiles essentially do the same thing by rejecting the sacrifice of God the Son and pursuing their "own righteousness".

The Jews established their own righteousness as God commanded in the Old Testament.

They established their own righteousness by cleaning themselves with baths and animal sacrifices.

...but God came with a New Covenant to where He would clean them and make them righteous, and this would be done by the blood of Jesus; but they rejected God cleaning them with Jesus' blood. They wanted to keep doing it themselves with the purification/ceremonial works to clean oneself.

beloved57

AMEN.

If anyone is relying on their own righteousness, they are relying on the wrong one.

(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Who's the All men the free gift of justification came upon ? It can't be all men without exception since many are under Gods condemnation and wrath Jn 3:18,36!

beloved57

Gt

The Jews established their own righteousness as God commanded in the Old Testament.

Where in the OT did God command the jews to establish their own righteousness?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who's the All men the free gift of justification came upon ? It can't be all men without exception since many are under Gods condemnation and wrath Jn 3:18,36!
It tell you right in the same verse.
The same 'all men' that the offense of Adam came upon.

God's Truth

Gt

Where in the OT did God command the jews to establish their own righteousness?

Do you not know what the purification/ceremonial works are?

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

beloved57

Do you not know what the purification/ceremonial works are?

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

So you don't have scripture that says that. That figures.

beloved57

It tell you right in the same verse.
The same 'all men' that the offense of Adam came upon.

Who's the All men? Some men are condemned Jn 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Calvinists and Catholics

beloved57

That's because not everyone believes. But the option is open for salvation if they repent and believe.

Those Christ died for were reconciled to God while being enemies and unbelievers, they did not believe, and they were not condemned Rom 5:10!

God's Truth

Those Christ died for were reconciled to God while being enemies and unbelievers, they did not believe, and they were not condemned Rom 5:10!

Reconciled while enemies means Jesus did not make us get circumcised first before he would save us.

We were Gentile enemies not circumcised in the flesh, but Jesus still saved us.