ECT Abide in Christ, or in sin

I.S.I.T.

Jesus said in John 15:1-10 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.”

Ok, some claim all Christians are still ongoing sinners, and that they keep on sinning even though they have been saved. And even despite that ongoing disobedience and reoccurring sin they proclaim you still abide in Christ. This my friends is false, because you cannot remain in sin and also in Christ at the same time.

Notice Jesus said in order to bear fruit one must abide in Him, that also means believing in and abiding in His words. And here is what it means to abide in Him…
1 John 3:9 “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

The seed mentioned there is Christ, but again to be in Christ is to 1 John 3:6 “Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
So the simple truth is in order to bear fruit we must abide in Christ, and to abide in Christ one must stop sinning.

Now if one is sinning are they truly in Christ? Not according to the Lords words above. Also we are given what happens if one in Him does not bear fruit in Jesus, as said in John 15:2 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away:” So anyone in him that does not bear fruit he takes away. And not only that we are also told by Jesus in verse 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Also we cannot bear fruit on our own except we abide in Him John 15:4 “Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.” And again, to abide in Christ means you cannot abide in sin.

And if you remain in sin, then you truly don’t abide in Christ do you? And as Jesus said, those who do not abide in Him are cast forth as a branch, and then gathered and cast into the fire and burned.

Christ is not a vine of sin (minister of sin) Galatians 2:17But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

Anyone who says you can abide in sin and also remain in Christ at the same time is a liar and a deceiver.

I.S.I.T.

1 John 3:8
He that committeth sin is of the devil;----->>>>John 14:30
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.------>>>>>1 John 3:5
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

I.S.I.T.

Walk as Jesus walked...

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

I.S.I.T.

Jesus' words and all the apostles words agree, unrighteousness shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

All unrighteousness is sin---->1 John 5:17
All unrighteousness is sin:---->>>Romans 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin:----->>>1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?

So Paul did not preach grace is given as a license to sin, but rather that under grace sin shall not have dominion over you, and that sinners shall not inherit the kingdom of God. The message is clear for those who do not try to distort it. :)

heir

TOL Subscriber
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Isaiah 5:4 What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?

Isaiah 5:5 And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard: I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten up; and break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down:

Isaiah 5:6 And I will lay it waste: it shall not be pruned, nor digged; but there shall come up briers and thorns: I will also command the clouds that they rain no rain upon it.

Isaiah 5:7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.

as in Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

That's not us and Paul confirms it

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus' words and all the apostles words agree, unrighteousness shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

All unrighteousness is sin---->1 John 5:17
All unrighteousness is sin:---->>>Romans 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin:----->>>1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?

So Paul did not preach grace is given as a license to sin, but rather that under grace sin shall not have dominion over you, and that sinners shall not inherit the kingdom of God. The message is clear for those who do not try to distort it. :)

Those who have trusted the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV are not identified as "unrighteous" as we have the righteousness of God upon us (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). There's nothing we did or didn't do for it (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Philippians 3:9 KJV, Titus 3:5 KJV) and there's nothing we can do to undo it (Romans 8:38-39 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Thanks for confirming you do not abide in the Vine= Christ, but rather to a non Christian "cult" :)
We are not the house of Israel and can therefore not be the vineyard/the branches of the Vine. We, the saved (which you don't believe you are) are members of the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27 KJV)! Now, while there is, but one Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV, Ephesians 4:4 KJV), there are two bodies of believers in the so called NT. You are making MUD out of the two.

One is a royal priesthood, an holy nation (1 Peter 2:9 KJV) made up of kings and priests /from the 12 Tribes that James wrote to (James 1:1 KJV) who will become that holy nation that Peter talked about, to whom Matthew, Mark, Luke John and Hebrews through Revelation is written to (Revelation 1:6 KJV, Revelation 5:10 KJV). The doctrine of the 12 has to do with Christ's second coming/ His earthly rule and reign. There are Gentiles who inherit this kingdom (the kingdom of heaven Matthew 25:34 KJV), but they are there as a result of their blessing Israel during the Great Tribulation (Matthew 25:31-46 KJV).

The other which the saved are in today is the one Body, the church, which is His Body (Ephesians 1:22-23 KJV) that the saved are in today, in Christ by the gospel Paul declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

Danoh

Those who have trusted the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV are not identified as "unrighteous" as we have the righteousness of God upon us (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). There's nothing we did or didn't do for it (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Philippians 3:9 KJV, Titus 3:5 KJV) and there's nothing we can do to undo it (Romans 8:38-39 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV).

Yep :thumb:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
as in Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

A house is a dwelling place. If the King of Israel dwells in your house then you are of Israel.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Romans 4:9 Does this blessedness then come upon the circumcised only, or upon the uncircumcised also? For we say that faith was accounted to Abraham for righteousness.

Abraham was uncircumcised and circumcision was given as a sign of his faith.

Romans 4:11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also.