PDA

View Full Version : Online Prayer Requests

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

death2impiety
June 30th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Everyone could use a little prayer.
This thread is for anyone who could use some.
You need not be Christian or even a theist. If you aren't sure where to turn and could use a little prayer, please post your prayer requests here.

I will spend time in prayer for each request.
If you see a request in here please pray :)

(this thread is not for debate about prayer, theology, the existence of God etc...)

ebenz47037
June 30th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Please, pray that :jessilu: is happy at her new job and that it leads to training that will bring her further in life.

death2impiety
June 30th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Please, pray that :jessilu: is happy at her new job and that it leads to training that will bring her further in life.

praying for :jessilu:

hippiechyck
July 1st, 2008, 07:09 AM
we can always use prayers for finances D2I ;-)

death2impiety
July 13th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I've been gone but I'm back!

I hope everyone is doing well. My prayers are with all of you.
:angel:

If anyone needs prayer post it here :)

ebenz47037
July 13th, 2008, 09:22 PM

By the way, :jessilu:'s been with her new job for two weeks and loves it. She especially likes the paycheck, right now (After getting less than $100 a week for six months, she's now getting around $300 a week.). And, they're already teaching her to drive a fork lift.

Lucky
July 16th, 2008, 03:03 PM
My dad's leg is swollen and his doctor said he may have a blood clot. Pray that the hospital staff does their best to find what the problem is and that my dad does all he can to fix it.

My grandmother (dad's side) is also going to be having back surgery so pray that it goes well.

kurtsteele
July 21st, 2008, 06:00 PM
I have built a simple, free website to assist people in prayer. Prayer is the ley to unlocking the power of God!!!

Kurt Steele
www.kurtsteele.net (http://volusia.org/beach/daytona.htm")

kurtsteele
July 21st, 2008, 06:03 PM
Blow a trumpet in Zion, And sound an alarm on My holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, For the day of the LORD is coming; Surely it is near, A day of darkness and gloom, A day of clouds and thick darkness. As the dawn is spread over the mountains, So there is a great and mighty people; There has never been anything like it, Nor will there be again after it To the years of many generations. A fire consumes before them And behind them a flame burns. The land is like the garden of Eden before them But a desolate wilderness behind them, And nothing at all escapes them. Their appearance is like the appearance of horses; And like war horses, so they run. With a noise as of chariots They leap on the tops of the mountains, Like the crackling of a flame of fire consuming the stubble, Like a mighty people arranged for battle. Before them the people are in anguish; All faces turn pale. They run like mighty men, They climb the wall like soldiers; And they each march in line, Nor do they deviate from their paths. They do not crowd each other, They march everyone in his path; When they burst through the defenses, They do not break ranks. They rush on the city, They run on the wall; They climb into the houses, They enter through the windows like a thief. Before them the earth quakes, The heavens tremble, The sun and the moon grow dark And the stars lose their brightness. The LORD utters His voice before His army; Surely His camp is very great, For strong is he who carries out His word. The day of the LORD is indeed great and very awesome, And who can endure it? "Yet even now," declares the LORD, "Return to Me with all your heart, And with fasting, weeping and mourning; And rend your heart and not your garments." Now return to the LORD your God, For He is gracious and compassionate, Slow to anger, abounding in lovingkindness And relenting of evil. Who knows whether He will not turn and relent And leave a blessing behind Him, Even a grain offering and a drink offering For the LORD your God? Blow a trumpet in Zion, Consecrate a fast, proclaim a solemn assembly,
(Joe 2:1-15)

Kurt Steele

eveningsky339
July 21st, 2008, 06:39 PM
My great aunt is dying of a brain tumor. The only thing they can give her is radiation because the tumor has tripled in size in just a few short months, and the radiation may kill her. She has gone blind and is starting to speak with people who died a long time ago.

My prayer is that God takes her home quickly.

Jahdal
July 21st, 2008, 07:15 PM
Geez eveningsky339, I'm sorry to hear that! Makes my prayer request seem minor. I'll be praying for your family too. Were you close?

cattyfan
July 21st, 2008, 08:59 PM
I have built a simple, free website to assist people in prayer. Prayer is the ley to unlocking the power of God!!!

Kurt Steele
www.kurtsteele.net (http://volusia.org/beach/daytona.htm")

Stoip advertising your website, or you will be banned.

Sharri
July 22nd, 2008, 08:18 AM
You need not be Christian or even a theist. If you aren't sure where to turn and could use a little prayer, please post your prayer requests here.

(this thread is not for debate about prayer, theology, the existence of God etc...)

Please pray for me as I begin prsion ministry. After training, I will be going into the prisons and ministering to those behind the walls. I would lie if I said I wasn't scared as heck, I am looking forward to hearing the voices reach out to learn and know God's word. Please keep me in prayer for strength and God's guidance.

Thank You and Praise God!

eveningsky339
July 22nd, 2008, 01:46 PM
Geez eveningsky339, I'm sorry to hear that! Makes my prayer request seem minor. I'll be praying for your family too. Were you close?

Yes we were close. :sigh:

Jahdal
July 22nd, 2008, 05:40 PM
Sorry to hear that brother. You have been in my prayers the moment you asked.

eveningsky339
July 22nd, 2008, 05:54 PM
Sorry to hear that brother. You have been in my prayers the moment you asked.

Thank you Jahdal. My aunt has been moved to Hospice and she's completely unresponsive. I hope she passes soon.

Jahdal
July 22nd, 2008, 06:23 PM
Is she a believer?

eveningsky339
July 23rd, 2008, 01:03 PM
Is she a believer?

Yes.

My aunt died about five minutes ago. I wanted to go see her one last time before it happened but that's not an option anymore.

Jahdal
August 25th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I'd like to ask for prayer.

I went to a job interview at a great place. I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing, but it's a toss-up between working on the floor, or in sales.

I wouldn't mind the sales job, but am nervous about the expectations. I can work on the floor because I've done that type of job for a long time. I only graduated from college in 2005 and have yet to get a job where I really use my degree (just a simple BA but I studied business, computers, networking, blah, blah, blah). They sounded interested because I have experience in sales, but was more interested that I had a degree. It'd be nice to use it instead of letting my time and money go to waste on the floor.

So, I'd appreciate prayer that I get the job (and it's close too! I can ride my bike!). I, of course, want His will to be done. I also know the importance of fellowship of the saints. I'd appreciate any prayer. Mainly for His will to be done.

P8ntrDan
August 31st, 2008, 08:18 PM
I would really appreciate prayer for my church. We recently had an 'exchange' in our leadership, and our new pastor is trying to steer our church away from being a meeting place for believers and turn it into an evangelism tool by trading the meat for milk. :(

Please pray that God would speak to his heart and show him that his decisions are literally tearing a bleeding hole in our family.

ebenz47037
August 31st, 2008, 08:59 PM
Please pray that :jessilu: gets a job soon. It's been three weeks since the detassling season ended and she hasn't gotten a job yet.

P8ntrDan
August 31st, 2008, 09:36 PM
Please pray that :jessilu: gets a job soon. It's been three weeks since the detassling season ended and she hasn't gotten a job yet.

Ugh, I know how frustrating that can be. I'll def. keep her in my prayers.

OctoberMist
November 25th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Please pray for all those in the world who are suffering from addiction, that God may grant them the strength to break out of the cycle of suffering and shame, and that they may learn to walk out of the darkness and into the light.

DBCReviewer
December 19th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Performer in Church's Christmas show dies after 25-foot fall

Not only am I deeply saddened by this event but I must also question the Church's fall protection standards.

I have worked along side some of the best Canadian fall arrest / fall restraint professionals and this tradgedy would have never occured if they had the proper training and a backup lifeline.

This Church I am sorry to say is responsible for this. Still, my prayers go out to them and everyone who had to witness it. Accidents like this are 100 percent preventable and it makes me mad to hear it.

Story link:
http://www.startribune.com/nation/36374104.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aUUsr

SarahEJY
February 2nd, 2009, 06:00 AM
I would greatly appreciate prayer for a friend of mine who has recently gone back to using. At around thirteen after her family fell apart she got into the drug scene at school. A dealer (he was around 30 at this time) got into a relationship with her offered her all the drugs she wanted. With him she got into dealing and cooking. At 18 she got pregnant and they both got caught. In the short time in prison she got clean - for her child. Out of prison she was given much support and encouragement. She became a christian and her passion for God was very evident in everything she did. Five years she was clean then at the end of last year her ex was released from prison. I don't know exactly when it happened but she started using again after he made contact. She is currently heavily using and I suspect cooking and dealing as well. She wants so much to get clean but cannot see a way out because of how deeply entrenched she is into the drug scene. She still talks of God and how she loves Jesus but hates to be around people who love Jesus because of how guilty she feels. She needs a miracle.

Thankyou

shredguitar17
February 15th, 2009, 04:46 AM
I pray that I can be humble enough to understand that I don't have the answers to everything, and that I can listen more often.

Lighthouse
February 15th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I have a wisdom tooth that has not erupted whose root is crossed with the tooth in front of it, which is abscessed, and the next two teeth have cavities. I need an extraction for the first two, but I'm not sure I can afford it. And they also didn't give me anything for the pain. Just antibiotics for the infection.

Maximeee
February 15th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I have a wisdom tooth that has not erupted whose root is crossed with the tooth in front of it, which is abscessed, and the next two teeth have cavities. I need an extraction for the first two, but I'm not sure I can afford it. And they also didn't give me anything for the pain. Just antibiotics for the infection.

Try a dental school. They'll do the work for 20-40% cheaper.

Lighthouse
February 15th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Try a dental school. They'll do the work for 20-40% cheaper.
I've been told that, but the closest one is pretty far away, so gas for the car is an issue on money there.

zackariath
April 7th, 2009, 02:53 AM
please pray that all nonbelievers be eternally cast down into the abyss of sin and treachery where unending torment will show them the light of a loving god.

Aimiel
April 7th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Pray for those who spend their lives praying for others, that God will increase their number. Pray for all those who make prayer requests. Pray that someone with moderator privileges will delete posts which are disruptive.

MrPolo
May 12th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Pray for those who spend their lives praying for others, that God will increase their number. Pray for all those who make prayer requests. Pray that someone with moderator privileges will delete posts which are disruptive.
A wonderful thought. Lord hear our prayer.

Morgan66
May 13th, 2009, 05:04 AM
This a very nice thread. There are always nice people around here. Please pray that N1H1 flu pandemic will end soon. Thanks.

Knight
May 13th, 2009, 12:34 PM
This a very nice thread. There are always nice people around here. Please pray that N1H1 flu pandemic will end soon. Thanks.:wave2: :spam:

Good call Lighthouse.

Lighthouse
May 13th, 2009, 12:41 PM
:wave2: :spam:

Good call Lighthouse.
After reading the post on how good Doogie's idea to test if Jesus was imaginary is and then seeing a post on how good it is to pray, it just seemed clear.

holylight
May 15th, 2009, 02:54 PM
This is for all we pray

Angel of God, my holy guardian, given to me from heaven, enlighten me this day, and save me from all evil. Instruct me in doing good deeds, and set me on the path of salvation. Amen.

Angel of Christ, holy guardian and protector of my soul and body, forgive me everything wherein I have offended you every day of my life, and protect me from all influence and temptation of the Evil One. May I never again anger God by my sins.

Pray for me to the Lord, that He may make me worthy of the grace of the All-Holy Trinity, and of the blessed Mother of God, and of all the saints. Amen.

yeshuaslavejeff
May 26th, 2009, 06:49 AM
cease

vladkhab
August 26th, 2009, 09:27 PM
If anyone is willing, I ask that you pray for my friend Angela that God shows her the emptiness of sin and that He reveals Himself to her more. She believes in Christ but is always struggling in her walk and cannot stay focused upon Him.

I believe that God has a beautiful plan for her life, and I ask that you pray for her relationship with the Lord.

Thanks and God bless.

Lighthouse
August 27th, 2009, 07:37 AM
If anyone is willing, I ask that you pray for my friend Angela that God shows her the emptiness of sin and that He reveals Himself to her more. She believes in Christ but is always struggling in her walk and cannot stay focused upon Him.

I believe that God has a beautiful plan for her life, and I ask that you pray for her relationship with the Lord.

Thanks and God bless.
Tell her to stop focusing on her sin. The biggest problem that keeps people from focusing on Christ is when they see themselves as unworthy sinners, ignoring that fact that He has already made us the very righteousness of God.

JonM
August 27th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Hey y'all. Keep my FIL in your prayers. He has bladder cancer and is undergoing chemo. He's only 63.

Thanks.

Psalmist
August 31st, 2009, 03:44 PM
TOLer's . . .

I would appreciate the prayers of our fellowship, I have developed a kidney stone, not a very big one, but the Doctor said even a grain of sand size is difficult. This a first for me, so finding out the intensity of the pain is something else. And its passing is really slow.

I know the Lord Jesus has His hand on me and Violet as she sees me through this. And simply put the Lord has instruction for me through trail as read what David said about affliction, "It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes." Psalm 119:71

Yes I would greatly appreciate you praying with us.

Blessings, peace, grace and mercy to all at TOL . . .

Psalmist

heir
August 31st, 2009, 03:48 PM
TOLer's . . .

I would appreciate the prayers of our fellowship, I have developed a kidney stone, not a very big one, but the Doctor said even a grain of sand size is difficult. This a first for me, so finding out the intensity of the pain is something else. And its passing is really slow.

I know the Lord Jesus has His hand on me and Violet as she sees me through this. And simply put the Lord has instruction for me through trail as read what David said about affliction, "It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes." Psalm 119:71

Yes I would greatly appreciate you praying with us.

PsalmistYou are both in my prayers, you and the Mrs.

Aimiel
August 31st, 2009, 04:25 PM
My wife and I are praying for you. :thumb:

Psalmist
September 2nd, 2009, 05:30 AM
TOLer's . . .

Update -

I appreciate the prayers of our fellowship concerning this kidney stone dilemma. Nothing has passed, yet. The pain is almost non-existent. Before we left the hospital I was told that it pass in a few hours to maybe a few days, then the E/R physician added it may not move for a while, a week to ten days. It could even desolve and I wouldn't necessarily know it.

Praise the Lord all is quiet for now.

Yes I greatly appreciate you prayingfor me, well yes the two of us.

Psalmist

Christiano
September 9th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I'd like to ask for you guys to pray for me.

I'm in love with a person who doesn't correspond me. I've been crying a lot because she's been living in my house untill she finds a place for her and when she's on MSN, most of the time I stay at her side, chatting with her, and there are things that I read on her chats that make me very sad. She's in love with another person and it hurts me so much. Sometimes I even prefer not to be around when she's on MSN. She's a very poor person and I've been helping her financially and trying to help her to get a job. Not only because I love her, but because we are friends and I think that's one of the things friends should do.

I've never been able to tame my heart. When I love someone I love her completely. I truely give myself entirely to the person I love. And I end up suffering a lot because of that.

I've been praying recently, asking God to do His will, making her love me back or making me put this feeling aside and opening a door for me to love someone else. But it's been so hard. Sometimes I think God isn't answering me.

Hope you guys please pray for me and include my name in your churches' prayer list: Christiano José Jabur.

Aimiel
September 9th, 2009, 06:58 PM

I've been praying recently, asking God to do His will, making her love me back or making me put this feeling aside and opening a door for me to love someone else. But it's been so hard. Sometimes I think God isn't answering me.

Hope you guys please pray for me and include my name in your churches' prayer list: Christiano José Jabur.We'll pray for you Christiano. It also sounds like you think of God as a genie. He won't 'make' someone do anything. He doesn't work like that. He also won't open any doors for you. He will give you wisdom to know which doors to go through and which to pass by, but He won't live your life for you, since that is yours to work out, with fear and trembling. He also won't give you temptation that is beyond your capacity to resist. Despite what you think, God always answers Christian prayer. Sometimes the answer is, "No," or, "Wait," or even, "In time;" but He always answers. I'd suggest that you listen. He's as close as your next heartbeat. He said that His sheep would recognize His Voice. He's calling you right now.

Lighthouse
September 10th, 2009, 06:53 AM

I'm in love with a person who doesn't correspond me. I've been crying a lot because she's been living in my house untill she finds a place for her and when she's on MSN, most of the time I stay at her side, chatting with her, and there are things that I read on her chats that make me very sad. She's in love with another person and it hurts me so much. Sometimes I even prefer not to be around when she's on MSN. She's a very poor person and I've been helping her financially and trying to help her to get a job. Not only because I love her, but because we are friends and I think that's one of the things friends should do.

I've never been able to tame my heart. When I love someone I love her completely. I truely give myself entirely to the person I love. And I end up suffering a lot because of that.

Hope you guys please pray for me and include my name in your churches' prayer list: Christiano José Jabur.
I'm in a similar boat. But she's not living with me. And my advice is to grow up.

ebenz47037
September 12th, 2009, 03:21 AM
I'd like to ask for prayer for my sister, Rachel, and her son, CJ. This is my nephew with cerebral palsy. He's five years old, now.

About three weeks ago, my sister called me, telling me that CJ was running a fever and she couldn't get rid of it, no matter what she tried. A week later, she called back and said that the doctor said it was scarlet fever. Well, tonight, I called Rachel, after not hearing from her in two weeks and not being able to get in touch with her via phone. She told me that CJ was in the hospital from 8/31 to 9/6. He's been diagnosed with Kawasaki disease (https://www.google.com/health/ref/Kawasaki+disease). CJ has more than his share of health problems already. Now, even with treatment, he's at a higher risk of coronary disease and aneurysms.

Since CJ's been born, our family has been living by the mantra, "Hope for the best but prepare for the worst." Please, pray for his health (He's always in good spirits like most disabled children tend to be.) and pray for my sister and her husband, Charles. I know that they both will need as many prayers as they can get, no matter what happens. CJ is Rachel's second special needs child. Her daughter, Kathryne, is autistic.

BabyChristian
October 1st, 2009, 08:58 AM
Please pray for my alcoholism to finally be over. I was sober for 22 years and messed up 4 years ago.

Been not drinking more than drinking since I relapsed.

I know God will help me this time, I'm positive.

I was an agnostic and didn't attend AA for that 22 years I didn't drink. Not sure how I did it. I think it was that footprints in the sand poem where Jesus carried me even when I didn't know he was there.

Aimiel
October 1st, 2009, 09:17 AM
Not drinking but praying. :thumb:

MaryContrary
October 1st, 2009, 10:41 AM
There's this little trick I know. I mention it all the time, whenever anything even tangentially related in the most tenuous way pops up and allows me to, because I think it's just the neatest trick. Who knows if someone who needs to make use of this little trick might read it and learn it? Odd as it may seem, I even used to thank God for it quite often whenever I'd make use of it. Still thank Him that the thing even exists and for making us smart enough to come up with it.

For folks who have a problem with self mutilation, many of them can make use of the association between the oddly disconnected sort of pseudo-pain they feel and the visual image of blood from the act itself with the false, sick sense of relief that it brings. So much so that they can make use of a substitute when learning how to ween themselves off from this behavior. Rather like methadone and such, I would suppose.

You mix lots of red food coloring in water, fill an ice tray with it and freeze it. When you need to cut yourself, go to the freezer, get a couple of those red ice cubes and squeeze the holy living heck out of the buggers. Squeeze with all your might for as long as you need to. They melt, red flows down your arms like blood. No self injury necessary.

Not a great substitute and still not all that healthy (any more than methadone and such) but boy howdy, sometimes it's enough to get you through when all else fails.

Haven't done that myself in years. But I still keep a ice tray full of dark red ice in the freezer. Just in case.

I used to pray to God to take away that sickness in me that wants me to hurt myself. Now, instead, I thank Him for making us smart enough and malleable enough that silly little tricks like that actually work. And for making me strong enough that I can make use of them instead of biting myself until I bleed.

After many years of contemplating this and other such things and all those years of God teaching me what little wisdom I have, I can honestly and sincerely say I'd rather be as I am. Someone who hasn't needed that ice tray of frozen red water in the freezer in years, instead of someone He'd miraculously cured of that sickness.

dave3712
October 14th, 2009, 12:33 PM
My prayer is that Christianity awaken to the present chance to claim immediate salvation as sons-of-God, peacemakers, by touring the Holy Lands as a charity to the much needed economic improvement of the two parties at War in God's own little acre.

Mt 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

http://www.goodmagazine.com/section/Features/the_new_nostradamus

Bueno de Mesquoto has invented a Mathematically proven Sociology Predictive Computer Model that claims Tourists and pilgrims will be the vehicle for Middle East Peace.

Recently, he’s applied his science to come up with some novel ideas on how to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

“In my view, it is a mistake to look for strategies that build mutual trust because it ain’t going to happen. Neither side has any reason to trust the other, for good reason,” he says.
“Land for peace is an inherently flawed concept because it has a fundamental commitment problem.

If I give you land on your promise of peace in the future, after you have the land, as the Israelis well know, it is very costly to take it back if you renege. You have an incentive to say, ‘You made a good step, it’s a Qgesture in the right direction, but I thought you were giving me more than this. I can’t give you peace just for this, it’s not enough.’
Conversely, if we have peace for land—you disarm, put down your weapons, and get rid of the threats to me and I will then give you the land—the reverse is true: I have no commitment to follow through. Once you’ve laid down your weapons, you have no threat.”

Bueno de Mesquita’s answer to this dilemma, which he discussed with the former Israeli prime minister and recently elected Labor leader Ehud Barak, is a formula that guarantees mutual incentives to cooperate.
“In a peaceful world, what do the Palestinians anticipate will be their main source of economic viability? Tourism.

Thunder's Muse
November 23rd, 2009, 05:14 PM
Can I ask for prayers please?

I feel like I'm stuck in Groundhog Day. There seems to be no end to the stress I face day to day as a stay-at-home-mum. The same arguments, fights and hassles, no matter how much I ask them to stop, it never does.

I feel like I'm gonna go insane...I'm so tired and it's just the same...everyday...

Please pray that I can deal with the stress better.....

Aimiel
November 23rd, 2009, 05:28 PM
You can ask for prayer, any time. We'll pray for you, and continue to pray for you. Many of us already are. Remember that there's nothing too big or to small to take to God in prayer.

Nicolaas
November 23rd, 2009, 08:01 PM
pray for me as well too please just that God fufills his promises to me and all been waitin a long time now and still got as far as the end of july to go.

Aimiel
November 24th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Praying.

Lighthouse
November 24th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Can I ask for prayers please?

I feel like I'm stuck in Groundhog Day. There seems to be no end to the stress I face day to day as a stay-at-home-mum. The same arguments, fights and hassles, no matter how much I ask them to stop, it never does.

I feel like I'm gonna go insane...I'm so tired and it's just the same...everyday...

Please pray that I can deal with the stress better.....
There's this great little innovation called a 'rod.' I suggest getting one and using it properly. They work wonders.

Nicolaas
November 24th, 2009, 02:03 PM
There's this great little innovation called a 'rod.' I suggest getting one and using it properly. They work wonders.

is that a sexual comment?

Thunder's Muse
November 24th, 2009, 03:06 PM

haha! Thanks LH. I actually don't like to smack my kids... I use time out, instead.

Nicolaas
November 24th, 2009, 04:16 PM
haha! Thanks LH. I actually don't like to smack my kids... I use time out, instead.

oh kids i see lol

csuguy
November 24th, 2009, 04:19 PM

:rotfl:

Lighthouse
November 25th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Mind in the gutter much?

Then you will continue to have the problems.

serpentdove
November 25th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Everyone could use a little prayer. Would you please pray for Derek, a hockey player who was seriously injured?

Thunder's Muse
November 25th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Then you will continue to have the problems.

Spoken with years of experience as a parent.....

Son of Jack
December 23rd, 2009, 05:52 PM
Please pray for a lady in the SS class that I teach. Her name is Betty and she was just diagnosed with cancer for the second time. The doctors say that it is terminal and that they are going to treat her for comfort and quality of life. I went to see her today and she is in pretty good spirits and no really in much pain. They haven't said how much time she has yet. She is very courageous. She looked at me today and said without flinching, "Michael, we all have to do this one day," and smiled. She really is a wonderful lady.

screamin4u2hear
December 23rd, 2009, 06:32 PM
I will definitely keep Betty in my prayers! Please be praying for an old high school friend. Her name is Abby. She is 22 and was diagnosed with colon cancer a few weeks ago. The doctors have never seen this type of cancer in some so young.... So please pray for guidance for them.

Son of Jack
January 7th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Please pray for a lady in the SS class that I teach. Her name is Betty and she was just diagnosed with cancer for the second time. The doctors say that it is terminal and that they are going to treat her for comfort and quality of life. I went to see her today and she is in pretty good spirits and no really in much pain. They haven't said how much time she has yet. She is very courageous. She looked at me today and said without flinching, "Michael, we all have to do this one day," and smiled. She really is a wonderful lady.

Betty found out today that she has several tumors on her lungs as well. The doctors have given her two weeks to two months to live, and hospice has been called in. Pray for comfort as the end approaches and that we, as her Sunday School class, can provide whatever comfort to her and her family as we are able.

Aimiel
January 8th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Praying.

Son of Jack
January 15th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Betty found out today that she has several tumors on her lungs as well. The doctors have given her two weeks to two months to live, and hospice has been called in. Pray for comfort as the end approaches and that we, as her Sunday School class, can provide whatever comfort to her and her family as we are able.

Thank you all for your prayers. Miss Betty died in her sleep last night. Pray for her family, especially her daughter. Thank you.

Aimiel
January 15th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Praying. :thumb:

Thunder's Muse
January 15th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. Miss Betty died in her sleep last night. Pray for her family, especially her daughter. Thank you.

Sorry to hear that SoJ. Will pray for her family.

Aimiel
January 15th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Please pray for the rescuers, that they might be able to find the Compassion International missionary, trapped in rubble, who is texting, "Help me," in Haiti, but they haven't found her yet.

serpentdove
January 23rd, 2010, 06:42 PM
Prayer For Will (age 14) damaged 70% of his cornea due to a chemical burn. Dr. will know in 24 hours if he will heal 100%.

Aimiel
January 23rd, 2010, 10:20 PM
Praying.

serpentdove
January 24th, 2010, 03:04 PM
PrayerPraise Report: Thank you for prayers for Will (age 14) suffered chemical burns in his eyes--experienced 50% healing of his cornea as of today. Is expected to make a 100% recovery. Praise God for the body he makes to heal.

...Praying for the Compassion International missionary trapped to be found and cared for.

...and BC's son for wisdom and strength at this time.

Aimiel
January 24th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Praying.

Prisca
February 20th, 2010, 05:49 PM
A few weeks ago, we were delighted to learn that my daughter is expecting our very first grandchild. Now, at eight weeks, it looks like she might lose the baby.

A week and a half ago, the ultra-sound showed a healthy, adorable baby, but the amniotic fluid looked low. The doctor did an another ultra-sound on Thursday to check how things were progressing, and could no longer detect a heartbeat. She has had intermittent bleeding over the last few days and we are beginning to fear the worst.

We know that miscarriages are very common, but it is still very painful. Please keep my daughter and her husband in your prayers. We are doing our best to give them comfort and support. Their names are Natalie and Matt.

Thanks,
Becky

Random
February 20th, 2010, 05:52 PM
A few weeks ago, we were delighted to learn that my daughter is expecting our very first grandchild. Now, at eight weeks, it looks like she might lose the baby.

A week and a half ago, the ultra-sound showed a healthy, adorable baby, but the amniotic fluid looked low. The doctor did an another ultra-sound on Thursday to check how things were progressing, and could no longer detect a heartbeat. She has had intermittent bleeding over the last few days and we are beginning to fear the worst.

We know that miscarriages are very common, but it is still very painful. Please keep my daughter and her husband in your prayers. We are doing our best to give them comfort and support. Their names are Natalie and Matt.

Thanks,
Becky

I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what you're all going through right now. I will be sure to keep your daughter in my prayers.

Poly
February 20th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Oh Prisca, this makes my heart hurt so I can't imagine what it's doing to yours and your family.

Thinking of you and fervently praying!!

Please keep us updated if you can.

Please, please, God, bring much wisdom and much of Your very special peace.

Aimiel
February 20th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I've been through this, and will remember them in prayer.

Prisca
February 21st, 2010, 01:35 AM
Thank you so much for the prayers! We thank God for the comfort He is able to give us.

Maximeee
February 21st, 2010, 11:42 AM
We're praying, Becky. *hugs* I am so so sorry :(

Lighthouse
February 21st, 2010, 09:06 PM
Praying...

Prisca
February 24th, 2010, 03:47 AM
I want to thank you for all your prayers. Natalie and Matt did lose the baby, but they have come through the experience with much wisdom and grace. We are doing everything we can to support them. The outpouring of love has been humbling and greatly appreciated.

Lighthouse
February 24th, 2010, 07:10 PM
I want to thank you for all your prayers. Natalie and Matt did lose the baby, but they have come through the experience with much wisdom and grace. We are doing everything we can to support them. The outpouring of love has been humbling and greatly appreciated.
:cry:

King cobra
February 24th, 2010, 08:11 PM

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Natalie and Matt are blessed to have you with them through this sadness.

Cracked
February 24th, 2010, 08:13 PM

I am sorry.

Son of Jack
March 5th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I would like to ask for prayer for a former student of mine. Her name is Emily. Sunday, she was diagnosed with Wilson's disease, which is a very rare liver disorder. She is a strong believer and she is only 16. She needs a liver transplant immediately. So far, they have been able to find a liver that matches her. Tonight she will have surgery. Pray that she handles the anesthesia well, that her body doesn't reject the liver, and that she recovers quickly after the surgery.

Breathe
March 5th, 2010, 09:15 PM
My request seems so small next to all of these enormous needs, but it is very dear to me. Please pray for my son's safe travel and return as he embarks on his first spring break trip. When we are young, we believe we are invincible, and because of that, sometimes we act before thinking of the consequences. I pray that, not only will his travels be safe, but that he will behave responsibly and in the decent manner in which he was raised.

Many thanks. :)

Aimiel
March 5th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Praying earnestly for your needs, both of you.

Ktoyou
March 6th, 2010, 12:46 AM
In my prayers.

Please pray for my friend who has too much suffered the loss of a once normal child to a molester and has now become a man lost to himself. Pray that my friend can find it through God who she lives with in her heart, that she receives God's Grace to survive an ongoing tragedy, where some good parents would abandon, yet she keeps helping him over all these years.

Aimiel
March 6th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Praying.

Son of Jack
March 9th, 2010, 10:52 AM
I would like to ask for prayer for a former student of mine. Her name is Emily. Sunday, she was diagnosed with Wilson's disease, which is a very rare liver disorder. She is a strong believer and she is only 16. She needs a liver transplant immediately. So far, they have been able to find a liver that matches her. Tonight she will have surgery. Pray that she handles the anesthesia well, that her body doesn't reject the liver, and that she recovers quickly after the surgery.

Thanks everyone for your prayers. Emily had her transplant surgery and everything went as well as it possibly could have. She is doing quite well and might be going home later this week. Continue to pray that her body doesn't reject the transplant organ.

vnctblzn
March 28th, 2010, 05:57 PM
please pray regarding this easter sunday. it will be my third easter alone, since my mother died three years ago. although, my father wants to get together with me, but i don't like him around, because he made sexual advances to me. he is homosexual pedophile, but i was never tempted into those things. but he made my health very ill, so the holidays are very depressing.

serpentdove
April 1st, 2010, 10:52 AM
prayerWould you please pray for Renee, terminated from her job.

Aimiel
April 1st, 2010, 11:00 AM
Today's troubles are a test... preparing us for tomorrow's blessings. All things work together for good, to those who love The Lord and are called according to His Purposes.

Praying. :thumb:

serpentdove
June 12th, 2010, 03:36 PM
PrayerSage, aged 7, horse injury, a bruised liver plus a spleen laceration.

Prisca
June 12th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Sage, aged 7, horse injury, a bruised liver plus a spleen laceration.
My prayers are with Sage.

Aimiel
June 14th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Praying.

serpentdove
June 14th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Sage, aged 7, horse injury, a bruised liver plus a spleen laceration.Praise report. Sage is doing great. She is at home recovering and eating Jell-O. Thank you for your prayers!

Aimiel
June 14th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Praise God! Still praying! :thumb:

assuranceagent
June 14th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I just learned yesterday that one of the most important people in my life has been diagnosed with colon cancer.

She's set for surgery on June 30. She's taking it quite well. I, however, am not. I'm not sure I'm equipped for this. When you love a person as much as I do her, you start to believe that nothing could ever possibly happen to them.

I'm having to shift my paradigm. As it turns out, my grandmother - the woman who raised me and had the single most powerful influence on my life - is vulnerable.

Please pray for her. And pray that I can come to terms with her humanity. Simply imagining my life without her presence and support is almost crippling.

My head knows that the time will come. But my heart refuses to accept it.

Aimiel
June 15th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Praying.

serpentdove
June 15th, 2010, 07:48 AM
prayerReviewing our list here and praying for you...

God is near (Isa 43:2).

Son of Jack
June 15th, 2010, 02:19 PM
I just learned yesterday that one of the most important people in my life has been diagnosed with colon cancer.

She's set for surgery on June 30. She's taking it quite well. I, however, am not. I'm not sure I'm equipped for this. When you love a person as much as I do her, you start to believe that nothing could ever possibly happen to them.

I'm having to shift my paradigm. As it turns out, my grandmother - the woman who raised me and had the single most powerful influence on my life - is vulnerable.

Please pray for her. And pray that I can come to terms with her humanity. Simply imagining my life without her presence and support is almost crippling.

My head knows that the time will come. But my heart refuses to accept it.

My friend, I'm sorry. My prayers are with you and your family.

CALVARY\CALVIN
June 19th, 2010, 03:42 PM

(this thread is not for debate about prayer, theology, the existence of God etc...)i pray that God would bless you to pray through the energy of His Spirit; because true prayer is no easy task to attempt, without the guidance, and assistance of The Holy Spirit!! God Bless you in Christ's Power, Amen!!!

Lighthouse
June 24th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I was just informed that an old friend has passed away. He was thrown from his SUV after a tire blew and the car eventually flipped, I assume as a result of his trying to correct. He passed in the hospital as a result of the injuries suffered. He was only 34. Please pray for his family, the Strahl family.

serpentdove
June 24th, 2010, 06:25 PM
I was just informed that an old friend has passed away. He was thrown from his SUV after a tire blew and the car eventually flipped, I assume as a result of his trying to correct. He passed in the hospital as a result of the injuries suffered. He was only 34. Please pray for his family, the Strahl family.

Praying for the Strahl's (1 Pe 5:7).

Thunder's Muse
June 25th, 2010, 01:47 AM

I'm sorry to hear this, LH.

Praying.

Aimiel
June 25th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Sad to hear... and SO young. Praying for the Strahl family. :thumb:

Lighthouse
June 25th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Thank you all.

heir
June 25th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Sorry to hear this, LH. The Strahl family is in my prayers.

serpentdove
June 28th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Please pray for Clark who has a seizure today and is in the hospital. Thanks.

Aimiel
June 29th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Praying.

dafenstein
July 14th, 2010, 09:10 PM
let's pray that armeggedon is posponed indefinitely and that it will be made as short as possible.

Lighthouse
July 28th, 2010, 08:56 PM
My 6mo. old nephew is in the hospital. His soft spot was swollen and he had a fever. He is doing better, but they still don't have a definite diagnosis, and last I heard they thought it could be meningitis.

bybee
July 28th, 2010, 09:32 PM
My 6mo. old nephew is in the hospital. His soft spot was swollen and he had a fever. He is doing better, but they still don't have a definite diagnosis, and last I heard they thought it could be meningitis.

I'm sorry to hear about your nephew. I am praying for him. Blessings, bybee

Pink Fuzzy Bunny
July 28th, 2010, 09:51 PM

Only six months old?

Will definitely keep in prayer... I'm sorry :( Fortunately God is bigger than anything that could ever happen to him

Lovejoy
July 28th, 2010, 10:26 PM

I certainly hope that it was aseptic. He will be in our prayers either way.

Aimiel
July 29th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Praying.

Lighthouse
July 29th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Thank you.

Town Heretic
August 2nd, 2010, 01:44 AM
Didn't see this until after I'd posted my thread asking. Sorry for the grandstand then but I could use any and all.

Many thanks. :e4e:

Frank Ernest
August 2nd, 2010, 05:18 AM
Didn't see this until after I'd posted my thread asking. Sorry for the grandstand then but I could use any and all.

Many thanks. :e4e:
No problema there either, TH. Can't have too many prayer threads.

zippy2006
August 7th, 2010, 08:18 PM
A depressed friend of mine is in the hospital after an especially hard time in his life, prayers needed.

Thanks
-zip

Thunder's Muse
August 7th, 2010, 09:49 PM
A depressed friend of mine is in the hospital after an especially hard time in his life, prayers needed.

Thanks
-zip

Having been there, I know how much it sucks.

I will pray for your friend and also for you, that God gives you the right words to say..

Aimiel
August 7th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Praying.

Town Heretic
August 7th, 2010, 10:14 PM
God comfort your friend in his need.

Ktoyou
August 7th, 2010, 10:21 PM

Thanks
-zip

You got it Zip

zippy2006
August 7th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks so much guys, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it and he needs it :sigh: :e4e:

zippy2006
August 8th, 2010, 01:10 PM
So he was released from the hospital and is doing considerably better--apparently it was a bit of a "perfect storm" that tossed him. Re-finding the love of family and friends has lifted him, though many of us are worried that it is a rather temporary situation. Hopefully the Captain can turn what may be the eye of the storm into a more permanent peace. :)

Thanks friends :e4e:

Aimiel
August 8th, 2010, 09:37 PM
God works all things together for good: to those who are called according to His Purposes. :thumb:

Thunder's Muse
August 8th, 2010, 11:23 PM
So he was released from the hospital and is doing considerably better--apparently it was a bit of a "perfect storm" that tossed him. Re-finding the love of family and friends has lifted him, though many of us are worried that it is a rather temporary situation. Hopefully the Captain can turn what may be the eye of the storm into a more permanent peace. :)

Thanks friends :e4e:

At this point, it's one day at a time. Hopefully, the worst is behind him.

Keep being the great friend you are, zip. It's worth more than you know....

serpentdove
September 21st, 2010, 02:34 PM
Would you please pray for Chanel, a young lady who is experiencing fainting episodes. She has a condition called cardioneurogenic syncope. Thank you :)

bybee
September 21st, 2010, 03:22 PM
Would you please pray for Chanel, a young lady who is experiencing fainting episodes. She has a condition called cardioneurogenic syncope. Thank you :)

I pray for a cure for Chanel and others who suffer the same condition.

serpentdove
September 21st, 2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks Bybee. :)

Psalmist
October 6th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Would appreciate it if you all would remember Mrs Psalmist in your prayers, she is headed for the hospital today to have a diagnostic colonoscopy, not sure what the doctor is looking for since the word routine was not in the conversation.

Thanks Psalmist

serpentdove
October 6th, 2010, 12:16 PM
[COLOR="Navy"][INDENT]Would appreciate it if you all would remember Mrs Psalmist in your prayers...Will do. :)

Psalmist
October 7th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Would appreciate it if you all would remember Mrs Psalmist in your prayers...

Will do. :)

Mrs Psalmist did well, the colonoscopy to a little longer than usual, but it's done, being in a deep sleep on O2 kept her out trouble breathing wise. They found diverticular spots in the colon wall and her diet will control that, a some polyps were removed and the Dr will have them examined for whatever, Mrs Psalmist will know more about that in a 7-10 days.

Thanks for praying for her, it means a lot.

Psalmist

bybee
October 7th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Mrs Psalmist did well, the colonoscopy to a little longer than usual, but it's done, being in a deep sleep on O2 kept her out trouble breathing wise. They found diverticular spots in the colon wall and her diet will control that, a some polyps were removed and the Dr will have them examined for whatever, Mrs Psalmist will know more about that in a 7-10 days.

Thanks for praying for her, it means a lot.

Psalmist

Hi Mr and Mrs P., I have found that watching my diet and eating small portions really helps with the misery of diverticulosis. You are both in my daily prayers! peace, bybee

serpentdove
October 7th, 2010, 11:34 AM
[COLOR="Navy"][INDENT]Mrs Psalmist did well...Very glad to hear that. :)

serpentdove
December 19th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Connor concussion, age 15.

Praise report: doing well. Praise God!

bybee
December 19th, 2010, 03:33 PM

I seem to be drowning in grief since my husband died. I'm struggling to stay in the world. Please pray for me.

Sherman
December 19th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Husband goes into surgery on Dec 23rd to remove a cancerous prostate.

I will remember you in my prayers bybee.

Psalmist
December 19th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I seem to be drowning in grief since my husband died. I'm struggling to stay in the world. Please pray for me.

Husband goes into surgery on Dec 23rd to remove a cancerous prostate.

I will remember you in my prayers bybee.

We'll be praying for both of you.

Frank Ernest
December 20th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Done. Isaiah 40:28-31 (KJV)

bybee
December 20th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Done. Isaiah 40:28-31 (KJV)

Thankyou. My help does come from the Lord and I hang on for dear life!

Ryan Collins
January 11th, 2011, 07:28 AM
I'm starting my last semester of undergraduate studies and one of the courses is Math. I'm terrible at Math and am really nervous. Pray that I may learn the Math properly and am able to complete my last semester before taking off for graduate studies.

Thunder's Muse
January 11th, 2011, 07:31 AM
I'm starting my last semester of undergraduate studies and one of the courses is Math. I'm terrible at Math and am really nervous. Pray that I may learn the Math properly and am able to complete my last semester before taking off for graduate studies.

You got it! :)

Ryan Collins
January 11th, 2011, 07:42 AM
You got it! :)

Appreciate it. When I get nervous and anxious, my hands dry out, crack and bleed so I really need to stay calm.

MaryContrary
January 11th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Appreciate it. When I get nervous and anxious, my hands dry out, crack and bleed so I really need to stay calm.
Dude. That's weird.

Me? I get gas.

No, I'm totally serious.

:think: Honestly? I'd be tempted to trade with you.

Psalmist
January 20th, 2011, 08:26 AM
If you all would be in prayer for Mrs Psalmist. She is dealing with severe sciatica, it is quite painful even unto tears, she is doing the low impact exercises suggested, uses the pillow cushions when sitting or laying down, etc; the Dr Rx'ed Lyrica and some other funny pills, they provide some relief. She also has to use a walker until this whole episode settles down.

Thanks ~ Psalmist

ebenz47037
March 11th, 2011, 03:16 AM
Please keep Stripe and his family in your prayers. Taiwan is under a tsunami warning after the 8.9 earthquake in Japan.

bybee
March 11th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Please keep Stripe and his family in your prayers. Taiwan is under a tsunami warning after the 8.9 earthquake in Japan.

Praying!

Psalmist
March 11th, 2011, 05:49 AM

Praying!

Praying, yes, agreed. We will.

Hawaii has a tsunami warning also.

Aimiel
March 22nd, 2011, 08:37 AM
Everyone please pray for my father-in-law... he's been admitted back into the hospital. He has had a problem with his foot for decades, due to an auto accident. His bone became infected, and he has been getting treatment for several weeks recently, due to a new infection, which is also in the bone. They're going to operate, and he just needs you to pray for him.

Thank you in advance. May God bless and keep you, by the heart of compassion which you show others. :thumb:

bybee
March 22nd, 2011, 09:06 AM
Everyone please pray for my father-in-law... he's been admitted back into the hospital. He has had a problem with his foot for decades, due to an auto accident. His bone became infected, and he has been getting treatment for several weeks recently, due to a new infection, which is also in the bone. They're going to operate, and he just needs you to pray for him.

Thank you in advance. May God bless and keep you, by the heart of compassion which you show others. :thumb:

I'm praying!

Aimiel
March 22nd, 2011, 10:22 AM
Thank you Bybee. :thumb:

Psalmist
March 22nd, 2011, 02:26 PM

We'll be praying for your father-in-law.

Aimiel
March 22nd, 2011, 02:42 PM
Thank you, Psalmist.

serpentdove
April 28th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Please pray for Nathan, age 10, eye injury.

Aimiel
April 28th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Praying for Nathan. :thumb:

bybee
April 28th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Please pray for Nathan (http://vananne.com/), age 10, eye injury, surgery today 9:00am

Praying for Nathan!

Aimiel
May 5th, 2011, 12:09 PM
March 22nd, 2011

Thank you in advance. May God bless and keep you, by the heart of compassion which you show others. :thumb:He's responded very well to treatment, so MANY thanks to ALL who prayed. Next Thursday he gets operated on for removal of dead portions of bone in his foot. Your prayers are again coveted. Thanks in advance. :thumb:

serpentdove
May 5th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Everyone please pray for my father-in-law...

Will do. I'm praying for him.

Aimiel
May 6th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks. He needs even MORE prayer... he had an incident yesterday, and had to be admitted to the hospital for heart problems. He had an irregular heartbeat... during the night while there: it corrected itself. They did tests yesterday and more today. He's going to need some surgery, as they think there is a clot. Please pray for Bill.

Thanks!!!

serpentdove
May 6th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks. He needs even MORE prayer... he had an incident yesterday, and had to be admitted to the hospital for heart problems. He had an irregular heartbeat... during the night while there: it corrected itself. They did tests yesterday and more today. He's going to need some surgery, as they think there is a clot. Please pray for Bill.

Thanks!!!Will do.

Aimiel
May 9th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Thanks for your prayers. No heart surgery necessary, and they've now re-scheduled his foot surgery for this Thursday. Please pray God will guide the doctors' and nurses' hands and bring miraculous results. He's so depressed, since he can't walk or go to play music several times a week like he's used to doing. Thanks again, in advance. :wave2:

Psalmist
May 9th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Thanks for your prayers. No heart surgery necessary, and they've now re-scheduled his foot surgery for this Thursday. Please pray God will guide the doctors' and nurses' hands and bring miraculous results. He's so depressed, since he can't walk or go to play music several times a week like he's used to doing. Thanks again, in advance. :wave2:

Yes, amen, we'll continue praying.

Aimiel
May 9th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Thank you so much. :thumb:

serpentdove
May 17th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Please pray for Christina (mom, aged 50) and her son Jacob (aged 19). Their family members (dad (57); son (aged 14), daughter (aged 8) killed in car accident.

bybee
May 17th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Please pray for Christina (mom, aged 50) and her son Jacob (aged 19). Their family members (dad (57); son (aged 14), daughter (aged 8) killed in car accident.

I am praying for Christina and her son Jacob. What a heart-breaking event.

Aimiel
May 17th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Praying.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/197098/222/Family-was-returning-from-funeral-before-deadly-crash

serpentdove
May 17th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Praying for Nathan!

Praise report: God is being glorified (Isa. 24:15). Thank you for your prayers (Psa. 34:3; Rom. 15:6).

Aimiel
May 24th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Please pray once more for Bill Pitser... he's in bad shape, physically, his foot is bleeding a lot now and his heart is beating irregularly again.

serpentdove
May 24th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Will do Aimiel. Praying for him.

Aimiel
May 24th, 2011, 01:25 PM
We covet your prayers. Thanks so much!

Psalmist
May 24th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Aimiel...We'll be praying too.

Aimiel
May 24th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks so much, Psalmist. He's in and out of the nursing home, and he's not himself, since he's lost weight and gotten depressed. He's just a shell of himself, really.

bybee
May 25th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Please pray once more for Bill Pitser... he's in bad shape, physically, his foot is bleeding a lot now and his heart is beating irregularly again.

My prayer is offered on his behalf.

Aimiel
May 25th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Thank you, Bybee. :thumb:

I am praying for him and all those on this earth in poor health today.

serpentdove
May 28th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Please pray for James (7 years old) and Zakayo (3 years old) (http://vananne.com/#Missions)who are brothers at Children of Hope Orphanage in Kitalale, Kenya. "...Their parents died from HIV/AIDS. They were left under the care of their very old grandparents who could barely care for them. James walks very far away to attend school and only depends on the meals given at school. His teachers have indicated that James is very good academically."

Aimiel
May 28th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Praying for James and Zakayo.

Praise report: Bill's foot is doing better... bleeding much less and responding to treatment. He's in a nursing home, until it heals enough for him to walk on it. Please keep praying for him. Thanks in advance. :thumb:

serpentdove
May 28th, 2011, 11:55 AM

Praise report: Bill's foot is doing better... bleeding much less and responding to treatment. He's in a nursing home, until it heals enough for him to walk on it. Please keep praying for him. Thanks in advance. :thumb:Thank you. :)

I'm so glad to hear that! How about his heartbeat?

bybee
May 28th, 2011, 12:06 PM

Praise report: Bill's foot is doing better... bleeding much less and responding to treatment. He's in a nursing home, until it heals enough for him to walk on it. Please keep praying for him. Thanks in advance. :thumb:

Bill pops into my mind every now and again and I pray for healing for him.I'm glad he is making progress.

bybee
May 28th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Please pray for James (7 years old) and Zakayo (3 years old) (http://vananne.com/#Missions)who are brothers at Children of Hope Orphanage in Kitalale, Kenya. "...Their parents died from HIV/AIDS. They were left under the care of their very old grandparents who could barely care for them. James walks very far away to attend school and only depends on the meals given at school. His teachers have indicated that James is very good academically."

Praying for James and Zakayo and all children who are orphaned and in need.

serpentdove
June 7th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Kaon & Danjela for their missionary work in Albania

Town Heretic
June 7th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I wouldn't mind prayers that Jack's weight is up by this Friday. That would make for a wonderful day. :cloud9:

bybee
June 8th, 2011, 02:42 AM
I wouldn't mind prayers that Jack's weight is up by this Friday. That would make for a wonderful day. :cloud9:

I'm praying.

serpentdove
June 8th, 2011, 05:43 AM
I wouldn't mind prayers that Jack's weight is up by this Friday. That would make for a wonderful day. :cloud9:I'll pray for Jack. His name is on my refrigerator. :)

serpentdove
June 8th, 2011, 05:46 AM
I'm praying.Thanks Bybee. God is doing great things in Albania (https://give.ccci.org/give/View/2786880;jsessionid=7D95E02F7E413B5CF0EEB8020FFEA3F 5.dss1). :jump: It is a hub in a Muslim land.

Universalist
June 28th, 2011, 11:48 PM

Definitely will pray for all of the children..

Universalist
June 28th, 2011, 11:52 PM

Bill will be in my prayers...

Town Heretic
June 29th, 2011, 12:10 AM
I'll pray for Jack. His name is on my refrigerator. :)
:D

And everyone here who needs it is on mine.

Aimiel
June 29th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Pray for myself to find a job. =(

Psalmist
June 29th, 2011, 08:29 AM

Can do...and will do.

Anything specific?
Something in your given field of work?
Career/job change?

Aimiel
June 29th, 2011, 08:51 AM
God knows what job I will have, and already has it ready for me. :thumb:

Aimiel
June 29th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Once in my life I was un-employed for four days.

Psalmist
June 29th, 2011, 12:05 PM

That's the plan, amen!

Once in my life I was un-employed for four days.

When I was working I was not without a job, and after 35 years of printing I took a break for about two months, and changed careers to funeral service until I was disabled, now retired.

Universalist
June 29th, 2011, 05:55 PM

Will do, for sure..

Universalist
June 29th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Amen! At least you have the right idea and know who is ultimately in control.:up:

jeneve
June 29th, 2011, 06:26 PM
My husband is in the hospital. Again. :(

Universalist
June 29th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Sis, what is his name? I will pray for him..

jeneve
June 29th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Sis, what is his name? I will pray for him..

Denny, and thank you.

Universalist
June 29th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Denny, and thank you.

YW, My pleasure. I also pray for your strength as well. God puts no more us on than he knows we can handle, even though at times it seems he is out to do us in. There is always a purpose in everything he allows in our lives, nothing is happening without his consent. He loves us, sees us, hears us, and answers when we call. Be encouraged, you are not alone. ((((hugs))))

Aimiel
July 6th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Praying.

bybee
July 6th, 2011, 07:13 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. Blessings

Town Heretic
July 6th, 2011, 08:40 AM
God be with both of you.

Sherman
July 6th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I have one--Bum tooth. It's making my cheek puffy and I see the Dentist Monday. Bad crown.

jeneve
July 6th, 2011, 09:47 AM
thank you all. more bad news though. His blood pressure has gotten extremely low (75 over 56), he has a 102 temperature, and his kidneys are starting to shut down. He is on a breathing tube, as he has a lot of trouble breathing on his own. :cry:

annabenedetti
July 6th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I'm very sorry. Prayers for your husband today.

Psalmist
July 6th, 2011, 03:35 PM
thank you all. more bad news though. His blood pressure has gotten extremely low (75 over 56), he has a 102 temperature, and his kidneys are starting to shut down. He is on a breathing tube, as he has a lot of trouble breathing on his own. :cry:

We'll be praying for your husband and you. I understand the breathing tube business, Mrs Psalmist was on the vent for eleven days, and have been on the vent as well. May you rest in the everlasting arms of the Lord, may you be covered with peace, lavished with mercy, and know grace that is sufficient.

jeneve
July 6th, 2011, 03:49 PM
thank you all for your prayers. Just wanted you to know that he died today. I'm very depressed and dont know what to do now.

bybee
July 6th, 2011, 03:59 PM
thank you all for your prayers. Just wanted you to know that he died today. I'm very depressed and dont know what to do now.

Take it moment by moment and day by day. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bright Raven
July 6th, 2011, 04:13 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. Praying for you.

Universalist
July 6th, 2011, 07:20 PM

I am sooo sorry to hear about this loss. I pray that you know the COMFORT, STRENGTH, and PEACE that only God can give us in these times. Please know you are truly in my thoughts and prayers. If I don't know anything else I know that God never leaves or forsakes us, EVER.

Please take this cyber hug Sis....(((((((((HHHHUUGGGGSSSSS))))))))))

jeneve
July 8th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Well, the funeral will be on Saturday. I've been doing sort of ok for now. But tomorrow is going to be a different story. :help:

bybee
July 8th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Well, the funeral will be on Saturday. I've been doing sort of ok for now. But tomorrow is going to be a different story. :help:

Ask for help from your family. I just put one foot in front of the other and somehow got through it. God bless you. pat

jeneve
July 8th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Ask for help from your family. I just put one foot in front of the other and somehow got through it. God bless you. pat

Thanks Pat. My family is helping. My mom will be here sometime today. And I will be leaving to live with her for awhile until I can get my own place. I'm just still in shock I guess. And hurting. Sometimes I just wanna scream, other times I just wanna know why?

Aimiel
July 8th, 2011, 07:24 AM
We're praying for you. A death is the best time of all to know The Lord. Call upon Him while He is near. Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you. And remember that ALL things work together for good, for them that are called according to His Purposes.

jeneve
July 8th, 2011, 07:26 AM
We're praying for you. A death is the best time of all to know The Lord. Call upon Him while He is near. Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you. And remember that ALL things work together for good, for them that are called according to His Purposes.

interesting and weird. My sister used almost those exact same words to me. Guess there's a reason I keep hearing it.

Aimiel
July 8th, 2011, 07:29 AM
God is at work to bring you closer to Him during your struggles. He loves you more than you can know and just wants you to get in His Presence.

Aimiel
July 8th, 2011, 07:36 AM
I've never encountered anything that God has done which I thought was weird. He sometimes confirms things with a second and even third word or other movement. He never seems to show up the same way twice. Even when things get TOO real and it seems He's just messing with me, it never seems creepy or anything like the way things happen with the occult (deja vu or psychic readings). It is a great and terrible thing to fall into The Hands of The Living God.

jeneve
July 8th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I've never encountered anything that God has done which I thought was weird. He sometimes confirms things with a second and even third word or other movement. He never seems to show up the same way twice. Even when things get TOO real and it seems He's just messing with me, it never seems creepy or anything like the way things happen with the occult (deja vu or psychic readings). It is a great and terrible thing to fall into The Hands of The Living God.

When I said "weird", it was not meant as an insult. I apologize if it came across that way. It just was unusual for me to hear practically the same words from two different people, two days in a row. Maybe He's trying to get me a msg?

Aimiel
July 8th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Ya think?

jeneve
July 8th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Ya think?

:D :first:

Aimiel
July 8th, 2011, 08:02 AM
I'm praying that you not only realize that you cannot know how much God is doing for you right now but begin to realize that He's always doing everything that He can to get you to realize that He's more than willing to take every single one of our burdens and give us His, which is light.

serpentdove
July 8th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Jeneve, I am so sorry for your loss. The Lord is near (http://vananne.com/griefgroup/). We are praying for you today.

Aimiel
July 8th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Lord God, please bless everyone who prays and meet the dire needs of every soul who posts in this thread; in Jesus' mighty Name, Amen.

serpentdove
July 8th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Much needed today. Thank you. I'm praying for you to find a job and for Jeneve and her kids.

Aimiel
July 8th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Thank you. MUCH appreciated. :thumb:

Universalist
July 8th, 2011, 07:12 PM
When I said "weird", it was not meant as an insult. I apologize if it came across that way. It just was unusual for me to hear practically the same words from two different people, two days in a row. Maybe He's trying to get me a msg?

Maybe. :) There is something about 'loss' that pushes us closer to God and takes us into deeper levels in him. I pray you are doing well today. :)

Aimiel
July 11th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Praying for all those in need, here and even those who cannot afford internet or even don't have a PC or know how to use one.

Aimiel
July 12th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Requesting prayer for my father-in-law: Bill Pitser, who has had a MASSIVE stroke. Please pray for a full recovery and long life for a stout Christian man who loves everyone equally and helps everyone he can, even though he is strapped for cash himself.

Thanks in advance. :thumb:

bybee
July 12th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Requesting prayer for my father-in-law: Bill Pitser, who has had a MASSIVE stroke. Please pray for a full recovery and long life for a stout Christian man who loves everyone equally and helps everyone he can, even though he is strapped for cash himself.

Thanks in advance. :thumb:

I continue to pray for him.

Aimiel
July 12th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks, precious. :thumb:

Aimiel
July 12th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Update: "He has had an MRI and they are now doing another test. He is still not talking only garbling."

Aimiel
July 13th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Praise report: Bill is responding now, whereas since the stroke he had only ever moved his eyes, he is now moving freely with his left side and is eating fine. Please continue to pray for his full recovery. Your prayers are coveted.

Also: please pray for Anna, my daughter, who will have a tonsillectomy on Friday @ 7:30 AM. She's my only daughter, and has five brothers. Very precious little girl. =)

Universalist
July 13th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Will pray Aimiel. :)

Aimiel
July 13th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Thank you. They're moving him to a rehab unit, and will continue to evaluate him with physical therapy and further tests. He's doing better and better.

Universalist
July 13th, 2011, 09:56 PM
God truly watches over us. This is good news, one day at a time.

bybee
July 14th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Thank you. They're moving him to a rehab unit, and will continue to evaluate him with physical therapy and further tests. He's doing better and better.

That is good news. I'll keep on praying for healing.

Aimiel
July 14th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Still expecting: signs, wonders and miracles. :thumb:

serpentdove
July 14th, 2011, 07:37 AM
I pray Bill recovers from his stroke and that Anna’s tonsillectomy goes well. Thank God for good doctors.

Aimiel
July 14th, 2011, 07:43 AM
AMEN!!! :thumb:

Please also pray for Lori, my wife, that she'll be settled in her thinking.

Psalmist
July 15th, 2011, 05:06 AM
AMEN!!! :thumb:

Please also pray for Lori, my wife, that she'll be settled in her thinking.

That we will do.

bybee
July 15th, 2011, 05:11 AM
That we will do.

People have been praying for my well being and it finally dawned on me (a little nudge from the Lord?) that I really need to start following the Doctor's orders for me. I am doing as told and lo and behold relief has happened! I am again humbled by the evidence the help is at hand alway.

Aimiel
August 1st, 2011, 05:21 AM
Please pray for my un-spoken situation. It's very hard facing court action which might take my children and give them to someone who is mentally disturbed. Please pray I'll be able to hire an attorney today and get my situation in line with what God wants, not what either 'side' wants. Thanks in advance. :thumb:

noguru
August 1st, 2011, 05:39 AM
My great aunt is dying of a brain tumor. The only thing they can give her is radiation because the tumor has tripled in size in just a few short months, and the radiation may kill her. She has gone blind and is starting to speak with people who died a long time ago.

My prayer is that God takes her home quickly.

The same thing happened to my aunt when I was around 8 or 9. After the radiation she lived for several years, she died when I was 17. After the radiation she was like a child.

Aimiel
August 1st, 2011, 05:40 AM
Prayer needs: job, attorney (either legal aid or one which will defer payment), favor in court and more forgiveness for my wife's actions.

Town Heretic
August 1st, 2011, 06:43 AM
Prayer needs: job, attorney (either legal aid or one which will defer payment), favor in court and more forgiveness for my wife's actions.
I'll pray for a just resolution then.