Good News: Non-Christians, too, are in the Body of Christ!!!

Samie

Yes, as Scriptures indicate. Both Christians and non-Christians - Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc. - are part of the Body of Christ - the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world, the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Christ carried the sins of the world in His Body on the cross (1 Pet 2:24) because God fashioned humanity (Jews & Gentiles - with all their sins) into Body of Christ on the cross, thereby creating the New Man: Christ - the Head, Humanity - the Body ( Eph 2:11-19). Hence, ALL died with Christ when He died (2 Cor 5:14, 15).

No wonder, Paul identified himself with the non-Christian Athenians as offspring or children of God:

Acts 17:28-29 28 "for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring.' 29 "Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man's devising.

This is why the gospel is good news for all, Christians and non-Christians alike.

But will all make it to life eternal? No, sir. Only overcomers will. Rev 3:5, 21; 21:27.

Epoisses

The body of Christ as described in Corinthians 12 pertains to believers. Non-believers are not given gifts of the Holy Spirit. Now Christ did make the atonement for all people in his body on the cross so you have to be careful how you handle this.

Samie

And who what you say are the "believers"?

Please explain with Scriptures that indeed only the "believers" are part of the Body of Christ.

I have shown Scriptures how non-Christians are part of the Body of Christ. Please refute and address those verses directly.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, as Scriptures indicate. Both Christians and non-Christians - Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc. - are part of the Body of Christ - the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world, the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Christ carried the sins of the world in His Body on the cross (1 Pet 2:24) because God fashioned humanity (Jews & Gentiles - with all their sins) into Body of Christ on the cross, thereby creating the New Man: Christ - the Head, Humanity - the Body ( Eph 2:11-19). Hence, ALL died with Christ when He died (2 Cor 5:14, 15).

No wonder, Paul identified himself with the non-Christian Athenians as offspring or children of God:

Acts 17:28-29 28 "for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring.' 29 "Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man's devising.

This is why the gospel is good news for all, Christians and non-Christians alike.

But will all make it to life eternal? No, sir. Only overcomers will. Rev 3:5, 21; 21:27.

So are you saying that Non-Christians inherit eternal life and heaven? How do you become part of the body of Christ without accepting Christ as Lord and Savior? You need to be a Christian to be part of the Body of Christ. You need to rightly divide the word of truth and study to show yourself approved of God.

Epoisses

And who what you say are the "believers"?

Please explain with Scriptures that indeed only the "believers" are part of the Body of Christ.

I have shown Scriptures how non-Christians are part of the Body of Christ. Please refute and address those verses directly.

1Corinthians 12 refutes you Samie! It's talking about the gifts of the Spirit given to the church.

Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.  Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?  Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way. 1Cor. 12:27-31

Samie

So are you saying that Non-Christians inherit eternal life and heaven?
I am saying that from Christians and non-Christians, only overcomers will inherit life eternal and heaven. Please read the OP again; it's stated there.

How do you become part of the body of Christ without accepting Christ as Lord and Savior? You need to be a Christian to be part of the Body of Christ.
I have shown Scriptures in the OP that it was God Who fashioned Jews & Gentiles into the Body of Christ. That's how one is in the Body of Christ. Address those verses in the OP, please.

Your contention is that one has to do SOMETHING first to become part of the Body of Christ. That's salvation by works and that's unscriptural.

Samie

1Corinthians 12 refutes you Samie!
No, sir. It refutes you instead. The church in 1 Cor 12 is composed of who God fashioned into the Body of Christ. You are limiting the Church into who you think compose it instead of who God fashioned into the Body of His Son as Scriptures indicate. You can't even back up your contention with Scriptures as what I have done in the OP.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Oh my! You do have a pair! Perhaps if the Christian body realized how powerful that blood really is, they might understand the new covenant command to Love a little bit deeper. 😉

You mean God doesn't have a religion or favorite church? 😉

Samie, now your making God's Love Divine! How could you? 😊

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Samie

John 3:3 King James Version (KJV)

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Indeed. And we were born again when God caused us to be born again through the resurrection of Jesus, as Scriptures say. 1 Pet 1:3

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
If the Jew's were proud and never thought they would see the day when gentiles would be saved, there is indeed an equal amount of Pride manifested in much of the cultural Body.

If I have not Love, I'm dead. 😊

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Samie, You are totally off base. Only Christians whether formally Jew or Gentiles are part of the body of Christ. You become part of that body by accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. I did not say that, Jesus did.

John 3:3 King James Version (KJV)

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

How is one born again?

Romans 10:9-13 King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

John 3:16-18 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Samie

You are totally off base. Only Christians whether formally Jew or Gentiles are part of the body of Christ. You become part of that body by accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. I did not say that, Jesus did.
And what did He say:

Jesus: Apart from Me, man can do NOTHING.

BR: Apart form Jesus, man can do SOMETHING to be In Him: accept Him.

I wonder why you can't believe Jesus when He said man can do NOTHING while still APART from Him.

And because people can do NOTHING while apart from Christ, the Father fashioned them into the Body of His Son on the cross. And the rest is discussed in the OP.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And what did He say:

Jesus: Apart from Me, man can do NOTHING.

BR: Apart form Jesus, man can do SOMETHING to be In Him: accept Him.

I wonder why you can't believe Jesus when He said man can do NOTHING while still APART from Him.

And because people can do NOTHING while apart from Christ, the Father fashioned them into the Body of His Son on the cross. And the rest is discussed in the OP.

Samie, You are twisting scripture. You have even failed to understand the salvation message. You fail to see that Christ tells us that we MUST BE BORN AGAIN. What does that mean? I don't think you know. Explain it to me. How does one become a Christian?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Good News: Non-Christians, too, are in the Body of Christ!]

False. Non-believers and make-believers are not indwelled with the Holy Spirit (Eph. 1:23). They are dead spiritually (Jn 3:7). Not mostly dead (Jn 10:27). Dead dead--unable to see, hear or understand the things of God (Jn 8:37). :dead: They may be Judaizers :eek:linger: or greasy grace false converts.
elvis.gif

:listen: You will know them by their fruits (Mt 7:20, Ro 8:13-14). :sherlock: There are many high theologians on TOL.
hightheo032769723695723u4.JPG
They tell you what to believe but are not indwelled with the Holy Spirit, themselves (Mt 15:14). They saw brain surgery being done in a magazine so they walk into surgery and tell the brain surgeon what to do: "Excuse me, move over. I saw this being done in a magazine." They saw Law & Order on TV once so they walk into a court of law and tell the judge and the lawyers: "Excuse me, pardon me judge. Pardon me lawyers. Here's how it's done (Jas 3:1)." Winfrey.

Last edited:

Samie

Samie, You are twisting scripture. You have even failed to understand the salvation message. You fail to see that Christ tells us that we MUST BE BORN AGAIN. What does that mean? I don't think you know. Explain it to me.
Scriptures already explained how one is born again: it was God Who caused people to be born again. 1 Pet 1:3

If you can't believe what Scriptures say, how can you believe me when I only quote what Scriptures say?

Again: Good News, both Christians and non-Christians are in the Body of Christ!!!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Apparently by doing nothing.
Ephesians 2:8-10 King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Samie

Apparently by doing nothing.
Yes, because God did it for us all.

He who teaches that people can be in Christ by doing SOMETHING is propagating a works-based salvation.

But only overcomers will finally make it to heaven and eternal life. See the OP.