The Simplicity of the Gospel of Christ

Danoh

Do you know if there's life after this life?

Do you know where you will spend eternity?

1 Mans Problem: "Sin"

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

2 God's Provision: "THE CROSS"

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 "Christ died for our sin according to the scriptures; and that he was buried,and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures."

3 God's Gift: "SALVATION"

Romans 6:23b "...the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

4 Man's Responsibility: "FAITH"

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

5 The Result: "PEACE WITH GOD"

Romans 5:1 "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

6 The Assurance: "SEALED "

Ephesians 1:13 "In whom [Christ] ye also trusted, after that, ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise..."

7 The Life: "A LIVING SACRIFICE"

Romans 12:1-2 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

An observation...

Sometime ago, right after I had just finished walking someone thru points 1 thru 6, and they related their having trusted in Christ based on the above, I then asked them a question along the line of "so what is your understanding of all that; what is your understanding of what happens now, when you sin?"

I asked them that in an attempt to prepare them against what they were bound to run into at one point or another - the ever endless, religious treadmill of men in their ignorance not only of the sufficiency of the Cross as to its' having completely paid the sin debt, but of its power over sin.

Also, in an attempt to help get them started in an understanding of the battle they had just entered into between their new life in Christ, and their old life in Adam.

When I asked this individual 'so, now what happens when you sin?' they responded with "well, Christ died for my sins, so that means I am forgiven."

But then a smirk came over their face, much like that cartoon cat's "Sylvestor" whenever he spots his dream meal "Tweety Bird."

At which point they asked me "Wait, a minute; that means I can live anyway I want; right?" that smirk still on their face.

But when one knows the Word, rightly divided (Genesis thru Revelation in light of Romans thru Philemon) such moments do not produce the panic of "I tawt a taw a cat!"

Rather, clarity - not only as to what one is actually dealing with, but as to how to handle such moments - is the result.

I recall thinking 'okay, they get it. Just on a handful of passages, they have been able to see that the Cross has paid for their sins. But this is a brand spanking new believer; time for some mind renewal as to their new life in Christ.'

So I took them to Romans 12:1-2, and then basically related to them that their response had been out of what those two passages assert is next after points 1-6, above.

From there, we turned to...

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

And said to them 'this right here, in Romans 6 begins to address the kind of moment you have just experienced...'

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

I explained to them that their question about living anyway they wanted just because, where sin abounded, grace did abound much more, was basically the issue of how they had been used to looking at things prior to their new life in Christ, interjecting itself into their new life because that old viewpoint had long since become a habit.

'This is much like when you first move a light switch from a location on the wall you have been used to, to a new location; the first few days, you do what?' I asked.

"I keep reaching for where it used to be" they replied.

'Same thing' I said 'you have a new life now; time for some mind renewal...'

We explored some of that, and parted company...

But that is basically the Simplicity of both the Gospel of Christ and of the Life of Christ in the New Believer.

Romans 6:7 "For he that is dead is freed from sin."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
HALLELUJAH!

Can we go down a rabbit trail here in your thread, if it is a question about the afterlife?

john w

Hall of Fame
The wolves, wolf-ette's, are grinding their big, bad molars, as they read this thread, and, per Ecclesiastes 1:9 KJV, like their "spiritual" brother Cain, before them, they are angry, twisted, like a zel, in yarn, ropes, strings, neurons,........and their faces are dropping, frowning, and they want to kill the sheep, and the shepherds, as it is written:

Genesis 4 KJV

1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord. 2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. 3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord. 4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5 but unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

"Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof."-sacrifice

Judgment:

"And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering."

Vs. verse 5, "but"(memorize):

"Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord."-works

Judgment:
"but unto Cain and to his offering he(the Lord-my note)had not respect."

Contrasts, as contrasting, as heaven vs. hell, alive in Christ vs. dead in sins......

God's Truth

1 Mans Problem: "Sin"

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

2 God's Provision: "THE CROSS"

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 "Christ died for our sin according to the scriptures; and that he was buried,and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures."

3 God's Gift: "SALVATION"

Romans 6:23b "...the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

4 Man's Responsibility: "FAITH"

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

5 The Result: "PEACE WITH GOD"

Romans 5:1 "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

6 The Assurance: "SEALED "

Ephesians 1:13 "In whom [Christ] ye also trusted, after that, ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise..."

7 The Life: "A LIVING SACRIFICE"

Romans 12:1-2 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

An observation...

Sometime ago, right after I had just finished walking someone thru points 1 thru 6, and they related their having trusted in Christ based on the above, I then asked them a question along the line of "so what is your understanding of all that; what is your understanding of what happens now, when you sin?"

I asked them that in an attempt to prepare them against what they were bound to run into at one point or another - the ever endless, religious treadmill of men in their ignorance not only of the sufficiency of the Cross as to its' having completely paid the sin debt, but of its power over sin.

Also, in an attempt to help get them started in an understanding of the battle they had just entered into between their new life in Christ, and their old life in Adam.

When I asked this individual 'so, now what happens when you sin?' they responded with "well, Christ died for my sins, so that means I am forgiven."

But then a smirk came over their face, much like that cartoon cat's "Sylvestor" whenever he spots his dream meal "Tweety Bird."

At which point they asked me "Wait, a minute; that means I can live anyway I want; right?" that smirk still on their face.

But when one knows the Word, rightly divided (Genesis thru Revelation in light of Romans thru Philemon) such moments do not produce the panic of "I tawt a taw a cat!"

Rather, clarity - not only as to what one is actually dealing with, but as to how to handle such moments - is the result.

I recall thinking 'okay, they get it. Just on a handful of passages, they have been able to see that the Cross has paid for their sins. But this is a brand spanking new believer; time for some mind renewal as to their new life in Christ.'

So I took them to Romans 12:1-2, and then basically related to them that their response had been out of what those two passages assert is next after points 1-6, above.

From there, we turned to...

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

And said to them 'this right here, in Romans 6 begins to address the kind of moment you have just experienced...'

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

I explained to them that their question about living anyway they wanted just because, where sin abounded, grace did abound much more, was basically the issue of how they had been used to looking at things prior to their new life in Christ, interjecting itself into their new life because that old viewpoint had long since become a habit.

'This is much like when you first move a light switch from a location on the wall you have been used to, to a new location; the first few days, you do what?' I asked.

"I keep reaching for where it used to be" they replied.

'Same thing' I said 'you have a new life now; time for some mind renewal...'

We explored some of that, and parted company...

But that is basically the Simplicity of both the Gospel of Christ and of the Life of Christ in the New Believer.

Romans 6:7 "For he that is dead is freed from sin."

A person cannot even FIND God's Truth among all the many man made doctrines UNLESS he obey Jesus.

Faith alone is dead.

You cannot even over come sin in your life if you do not obey Jesus.

The works Paul speaks about is the WORKS of the law, i.e. circumcision and the sacrifice of animals, etc.

People are hindered from being saved, knowing God, and overcoming, when they hear and are talked into your doctrines of misunderstandings.

God's Truth

John the baptizer PREPARED the way, the way was Jesus.

John prepared the people for Jesus.

They had to be washed with a repentance of sins just for Jesus to come to them so that they could hear him.

We still have to repent of our sins and prepare our hearts for Jesus to live there.

Then after we are saved, IF we do sin, we still have to ask Jesus for forgiveness and be washed...like Jesus washed the feet of his disciples, even after they already had a full bath by John.

God's Truth

Well done. Giving your heart to Jesus comes after salvation.

After salvation?

Salvation happens when Jesus LIVES in your heart, when he makes his home there that is salvation.

Jesus does NOT make his home with those who do not first repent of their sins.

Can you imagine Jesus making his home with one who has not repented of their sins?

Danoh

Yep.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Not even a prayer (a verbal work).

I merely laid out the passages in their simplicity; the person heard them out; believed them; and right off began to manifest the inner battle between the old and the new life - without even knowing that right there is evidence of the new life in Christ.

Thus the need for...

Romans 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Ben Masada

No, there is not as there is no evidence to substantiate the event if there was. The only thing there is after death is Sheol aka the grave which is called in Judaism the "Olam Haba."

We don't have an eternity to spend; only God is eternal. Evidence! The reason why Adam & Eve were banished
from the Garden of Eden was to prevent them from eating of the tree of life and live forever. (Gen.3:22,23)

1 Mans Problem: "Sin" Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Yes, because sin by definition is the transgression of the Law. When we break the Law, we are in trouble.

2 God's Provision: "THE CROSS" 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 "Christ died for our sin according to the scriptures;and that he was buried,and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.

God did not provide the cross. The cross was provided by the Romans and, only in the First Century the Romans crucified thousands of Jews; Jesus was not the only one. Then Jesus did not die for our sins but because of the stupidity of his disciples acclaiming him king of the Jews in Jerusalem. Hence, the verdict was nailed on the top of Jesus' cross: INRI. (Luke 19:37-40)

3 God's Gift: "SALVATION" Romans 6:23b "...the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Yes, but conditional to the obedience of God's Law. Jesus' gospel aka the Tanach does not speak of eternal life and there is no evidence of its existence.

4 Man's Responsibility: "FAITH" Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

No! Man's responsibility is obedience of God's Law through which we are saved. (Psalm 119)Jesus himself said to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

5 The Result: "PEACE WITH GOD" Romans 5:1 "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

One cannot be justified by faith without obedience of God's Law. Faith without the works of the Law is akin to a body without the breath of life aka dead. (James 2:26)

6 The Assurance: "SEALED " Ephesians 1:13 "In whom [Christ] ye also trusted, after that, ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise..."

If you indeed trust the word of Jesus, listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)He said so, not me.

7 The Life: "A LIVING SACRIFICE" Romans 12:1-2 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

But it must be total acceptance and not only in out mind while serving sin in the flesh as Paul used to. (Romans 7:25)

An observation...Sometime ago, right after I had just finished walking someone thru points 1 thru 6, and they related their having trusted in Christ based on the above, I then asked them a question along the line of "so what is your understanding of all that; what is your understanding of what happens now, when you sin?"

And what was his reply, the same as Paul's! Acceptance in his mind while serving sins in his flesh? (Romans 7:25)

The only power over sin is obedience of the Law if we want to have our sins from scarlet red to become as white as snow, we must repent and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19)

Also, in an attempt to help get them started in an understanding of the battle they had just entered into between their new life in Christ, and their old life in Adam, I asked this individual 'so, now what happens when you sin?' they responded with "well, Christ died for my sins, so that means I am forgiven."

Big mistake! Jesus did not die for our sins because he would not contradict the Prophets who said that no one can die for the sins of another. (Jeremiah 31:30; Ezekiel 18:20)

But then a smirk came over their face, much like that cartoon cat's "Sylvestor" whenever he spots his dream meal "Tweety Bird." At which point they asked me "Wait, a minute; that means I can live anyway I want; right?" that smirk still on their face.

That's the danger of a life without obedience to the Law.

But when one knows the Word, rightly divided (Genesis thru Revelation in light of Romans thru Philemon) such moments do not produce the panic of "I tawt a taw a cat!" Rather, clarity - not only as to what one is actually dealing with, but as to how to handle such moments - is the result.

One won't have to battle so hard if he keeps himself under the Law.

And you have become responsible for having they got it so wrongly as a result of the illusion the cross would bring them.

So I took them to Romans 12:1-2, and then basically related to them that their response had been out of what those two passages assert is next after points 1-6, above. From there, we turned to...Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Why not? Paul did it no differently if you read Romans 7:25. Paul would keep the Law in his mind while serving sin in his flesh.

And said to them 'this right here, in Romans 6 begins to address the kind of moment you have just experienced...'Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

For instance, if you wield yourselves servants whereas to repressed sinful feelings their servants you become even if you use the illusion of the cross in the hope to be acceptable.

That's another illusion to expect to grow in grace the more you grow in sin. The Lord did not form us qua robots. He granted us with Freewill so that we be liable for our transgressions. Grace won't grow in faith.

'This is much like when you first move a light switch from a location on the wall you have been used to, to a new location; the first few days, you do what?' I asked. "I keep reaching for where it used to be" they replied.'Same thing' I said 'you have a new life now; time for some mind renewal...'

That's also much like a whole life under the gospel of Paul. As one accepts the gospel of Jesus, from time to time when he breaks the Law, you are tempted to think that nothing happened.

We explored some of that, and parted company...But that is basically the Simplicity of both the Gospel of Christ and of the Life of Christ in the New Believer. Romans 6:7 "For he that is dead is freed from sin."

At least, you finished your long post with a golden key; indeed, he that is dead is freed of sin. But we are never to forget that the one dead is man and not the Law. The Law remains alive with heaven and earth. (Mat. 5:17-19)

Ben Masada

All right! But the test to prove if one has given his or her heart to Jesus comes by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. That's what Jesus recommended to all those who are concerned about salvation from hell-fire. (Luke 16:29-31)

God's Truth

All right! But the test to prove if one has given his or her heart to Jesus comes by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. That's what Jesus recommended to all those who are concerned about salvation from hell-fire. (Luke 16:29-31)

You don't obey Moses.

Where is your tent/temple with a high priest and a blood offering?

Danoh

Your posts often remind me of the lyrics to the old song "Carwash."

Work and work,
Ew those cars never seem to stop comin.
Work, and work!
Work ma fingers to the bone.
Work and work!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The Lord Jesus Christ, son of David, in his earthly ministry, ministered to the circumcision. What he said to you, does not matter to me now. My ancestors were strangers to the covenants of promise and we had no hope. But that was then, this is now. Like Abraham before circumcision, I live by faith.

Ben Masada

Your posts often remind me of the lyrics to the old song "Carwash."

Work and work,
Ew those cars never seem to stop comin.
Work, and work!
Work ma fingers to the bone.
Work and work!

What I am struggling to get through is that it is impossible to live without the Law.

Ben Masada

The Lord Jesus Christ, son of David, in his earthly ministry, ministered to the circumcision. What he said to you, does not matter to me now. My ancestors were strangers to the covenants of promise and we had no hope. But that was then, this is now. Like Abraham before circumcision, I live by faith.

And I live by sight. Do you know the difference? To live by sight is to live with understanding. (II Cor. 5:7) If to live by sight means understanding, I rather prefer knowledge than faith.

Danoh

And I live by sight. Do you know the difference? To live by sight is to live with understanding. (II Cor. 5:7) If to live by sight means understanding, I rather prefer knowledge than faith.

When you explain a thing to someone and they "get it" and say "I see what you mean" - they are expressing one form of "seeing a thing," one form of "sight."

Paul mentions that kind of "sight" in a passage like the following one...

Ephesians 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

In contrast to that are the following...

2 Corinthians 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight: ) 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

One mode there is the mode of physical visual perception - he physically "knows" he is in his physical body (kenesthetic perception).

And he can physically "see" with his physical eyes, that he is still in, his physical body (visual perception).

A fourth mode of "seeing" mentioned there is his implying of his awareness of the eye of faith "for we walk by faith, not by sight" not by what we physically see.

This is the eye of faith that King David had relied on during that trying time in his life when Saul had him hunted down...

Psalms 27:12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. 27:13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

The writer of Hebrews also describes this kind of "believed to see" or eye of faith; as follows...

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 11:2 For by it the elders obtained a good report. 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Verse 3 is a return to what is being asserted about this eye of faith in verse 1.

Faith is simply taking the Scripture at Its' Word - the Scripture says such and so; end of doubt.

Here it is again, in an example of Abraham, when he was faced with a choice of contrast between walking by visual-physiological sight, and choosing instead to walk by faith.

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4:18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. 4:19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

In short; there are various modes of "seeing a thing."

By the way, you constantly harp against Paul in your obvious taking of what YOU "see" him as saying, as being the same as what he is actually saying; in stark contrast to what his own words convey.

You quote him whenever what he is saying appears to line up with what YOU think YOU are "seeing."

Personally, I find that hard to respect in an individual - and there are many on TOL who consistently engage in this same error of yours.

I have just shown you how the "seeing" of his intent is approached...via "comparing" or lining up "spiritual things with spiritual."

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

In the passage hereinabove "comparing" is in the sense of pairing together, things that go together - spiritual things with spiritual.

When properly paired together, the eyes of one's understanding are then able to see, or know them, as originally intended.

And this is done via "the spirit of your mind."

Ephesians 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

Colossians 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

The new man resides in the mind; the realm of "spiritual understanding."

Thus, your problem with Romans 7:25- yours is the natural man's mode of perception.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Anyway, pairing the various passages together properly then allows or results in, their proper spiritual discerment.

From the Spirit's Mind, through His Written Word, to one's mind.

For it is through the Words of the Spirit He inspired those men to write down what they wrote down, that the Spirit now teaches, or makes known to one "the things of God."

Obviously, I do not subscribe to the notion that the Spirit is still doing that kind of thing today.

All I have just done was compare spiritual things with spiritual for their result - my spiritual understanding of them, through them.

God's Truth

You live by sight? Where is your tent or temple? Where is your High Priest? Where is your animal to offer?