When This Mortal Shall Put On Immortality

Robert Pate

Banned
The grave is not the end as some would like to believe. It is really the beginning. As soon as we die; because there is no conception of time in death we will be resurrected. Even though hundreds or thousands of years will have gone by it will seem like we just died.

There will be two resurrections. The resurrection of the saved and the resurrection of the damned.

"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of the damned" John 5:28, 29.

There are two ways that one can die. We can die "In Christ" and be saved, or we can die in our sins and be lost. There is no in between, there is no purgatory, nor is there a second chance. How you die in this life determines where you will spend eternity.

Jesus said to the unbelieving Pharisees, "I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he, you shall die in your sins" John 8:24.

What did Jesus mean when he said this? What he meant was that unless you believe that I am God or that I am Lord, you will die in your sins. They did not believe that Jesus was Lord and most likely died in their sins. It is imperative that we believe in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. To not believe that Jesus is Lord is to be lost.

For those that die "In Christ" its a different story. "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead (Christians) shall be raised incorruptable, and we shall be changed. For this corruptable must put on incorruption and this mortal must put on immortality. so when this corruptable shall have put on incorruption and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall it be brought to pass the saying that is written, DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP IN VICTORY" 1 Corinthians 15:52-54.

Robert Pate

Banned
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

When is the resurrection for those who never die?

You must mean those who are alive when Christ appears?

Christians never die. They go to sleep and await the resurrection.

Colossians 3:4.

Robert Pate

Banned
Unless we die sooner and are resurrected with Christ so we can walk in newness of life with him.

When we come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him, God gives us his Holy Spirit and we are born again, 1 Peter 1:23.

Bradley D

Where is Enoch, Elijah, Moses, and the criminal? Sleeping or in heaven.

"Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away" (Gen 5:24).

"As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind" (2 Kings 2:11).

"And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias.." (Luke 9:30).

"Then he said, 'Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.' Jesus answered him, 'Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise” (Luke 23:42-43).

Bradley D

"Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away" (Gen 5:24).

"As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind" (2 Kings 2:11).

"And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias.." (Luke 9:30).

"Then he said, 'Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.' Jesus answered him, 'Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise” (Luke 23:42-43).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Why do you think Jesus' tomb was paradise?

Robert Pate

Banned

I think that if you were a prophet or an apostle you are in heaven with Christ.

All others are sleeping and awaiting the resurrection.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think that if you were a prophet or an apostle you are in heaven with Christ.

You could be mistaken.

No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. (John 3:13 NKJV)​

glorydaz

Just because God moved them from one place to another, doesn't mean they did not die physically like all men do. Heb. 11:5KJV

Heb. 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.​