PDA

View Full Version : Private Mesgs

voltaire
February 28th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Can Someone Show Me How To Do A Private Message?

Poly
February 28th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Can Someone Show Me How To Do A Private Message?

You can click "Quick Links" at the top of the home page and it will give you a "private messages" option. On the left column of that page, click "send new message".

voltaire
February 28th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks Poly

Knight
February 28th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Poly is right but you need to achieve at minimum "registered plus" membership level (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19318) to utilize private messaging.

Prolifeguyswife
February 28th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Can someone please teach me how to take multiple quotes from a post? :D

Poly
February 28th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Poly is right but you need to achieve at minimum "registered plus" membership level (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19318) to utilize private messaging.

Uh, yeah, I knew that.

:noid:

Ask Mr. Religion
February 28th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Can someone please teach me how to take multiple quotes from a post? :DFrom a single post? Just quote the post. Then for the content quoted you will have to bracket each item you are responding to with the vBulletin quote tags. It is easiest to do this by selecting the text in question and then in the lower row of icons appearing above the text window you are typing in, select the icon that looks like a quote bubble, immediately to the left of the '#' icon.

To select quotes from multiple messages, go to the first message, and select the icon next to the 'quote' button in the lower right of the post. It will turn 'red' color. Continue with the next post. At the final post select the 'Quote' button. A message window will open containing all the content of the selected posts. You will then have to use the method described in my first paragraph above to bracket the content you want to respond to directly and delete content you want to ignore.

EDIT:
You will note that when you select the 'Quote' button the first paragraph of multiple paragraph quoted text begins with the user's ID and a number. Leave that alone as it identified who is being quoted. To the end of that paragraph you will have to manually add a closing end quote tag: [ / quote ] (delete the spaces shown here). You can respond to that first paragraph.

The last paragraph of the quoted text will already have a closing end quote tag (since all of the text was originally quoted). To that paragraph you will have to manually add a beginning quote tag: [ quote ] (delete the spaces shown here).

valleybldr
February 28th, 2008, 01:22 PM
What's the record on receiving nasty private messages? I just had 5 on one post. Anyone racked up more then 5? From others outside of the usual cartel? todd

Knight
February 28th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Here (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode) is a list of handy codes that can be used it posts.

Prolifeguyswife
February 28th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks!