Blasphemy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus said, "I and My Father are one" and he was accused of blasphemy.

Was Jesus guilty of blasphemy?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If Jesus had referred to the Holy Spirit a a fountain of water would that have been blasphemy?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Your response was totally meant as a joke. Don't play stupid, everyone can see through it!

And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts." (Revelation 21:6 NKJV)​

Is the fountain of water a reference to the Holy Spirit?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts." (Revelation 21:6 NKJV)​

Yes, but a water fountain is not you dolt. :duh:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

"I will give of the fountain of the water of life" is a euphemism, a way of speaking, not a statement of fact. The speaker does not mean he shall give one a water fountain. I think you should know this?
No, such speech in not blasphemy.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

No, the water is separate from the Holy Ghost, c'mon with that stuff

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"I will give of the fountain of the water of life" is a euphemism, a way of speaking, not a statement of fact. The speaker does not mean he shall give one a water fountain. I think you should know this?
No, such speech in not blasphemy.

I agree, Jesus did not blaspheme the Holy Spirit and I quoted Jesus in Revelation 21:6).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, the water is separate from the Holy Ghost, c'mon with that stuff

Where does it say that?

...but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:14 NKJV)​

Ok, there's that fountain thing again. How often does Jesus compare the Holy Spirit to an individual person?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
How often does Jesus compare the Holy Spirit to an individual person?

A. Once
B. Twice
C. Never

Does anyone know?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How often does Jesus compare the Holy Spirit to an individual person?

A. Once
B. Twice
C. Never

Does anyone know?

I don't know exactly how many times, but at least 5 or 6. Jesus repeatedly refers to the Holy Spirit as he and him in John 16:13, 14

John 15:26 KJV - John 16:13-14 KJV -

Matthew 28:19 KJV -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.