ECT Dispensation of Grace

DAN P

When exactly did the dispensation begin? At what point in time or what event.[/QUOTE

Hi and it began with a NEW APOSTLE called Paul in aActs 9:6 as he was the first ONE saved by Grace and to Paul was given the Dispensation of the Grace of God , 1 Cor 9:17 !!

dan p

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm confused. You said:

If Paul was first to be saved by grace, why was he baptized?

He was baptized by those of the twelve who were taught under the great commission rather than under the dispensation of grace of the revelation of Jesus Christ.

turbosixx

Look up Paul's peculiar use of the word kerux.

I thought you had me on ignore.

kérux: a herald
Original Word: κῆρυξ, υκος, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: kérux
Phonetic Spelling: (kay'-roox)
Short Definition: a herald, preacher
Definition: a herald, preacher, proclaimer.

Is this the word?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm confused. You said:

If Paul was first to be saved by grace, why was he baptized?

Tradition and custom since John the Baptist. Most every Christian was baptized then, like today. That should not be a stumbling stone for you.

He doesn't even remember some of the names.

turbosixx

Names. Who did he say he baptized?

Acts 18:8 Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized.

This was on his second missionary trip.

musterion

Acts 18:8 Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized.

This was on his second missionary trip.

Crispus, Gaius and the household of Stephanus. He couldn't remember if there were others. But if water baptism was/is required for salvation, why would Paul thank God he baptized only so few? And why follow up his recounting of it by saying he wasn't sent to baptize in the first place?

turbosixx

Paul was saved before he was baptized I think. Is this thread about water baptism or the beginning of the dispensation given to Paul from Christ ?

It’s about the dispensation of grace but a claim was made that Paul was the first saved by grace. I question that because he was saved the same way as those on Pentecost by being baptized in the name of Jesus.

I like to look at the evidence when a claim is made.

Interplanner

It’s about the dispensation of grace but a claim was made that Paul was the first saved by grace. I question that because he was saved the same way as those on Pentecost by being baptized in the name of Jesus.

NO NO NO. You are completely missing the meaning of NT theology if you think it comes down to a 'practice' like baptism!!!

Look at the throw away line in 1 Cor 15: "I don't know if I baptized any others." don't you get it? it doesn't matter and it's OK that it doesn't matter.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

see post 19