Nontrinitarianism

brinny

I accidentally stumbled onto a thread today. Come to find out, it was a debate about the trinity vs anti-trinity.

It got me to thinking.

Does Nontrinitarianism believe that Jesus was created?

Thank you kindly.

RevTestament

I accidentally stumbled onto a thread today. Come to find out, it was a debate about the trinity vs anti-trinity.

It got me to thinking.

Thank you kindly.
Non-trinitarianism is a fairly broad field :)
Some believe Jesus was a creation.
Some do not.

I am not "trinitarian" because I don't believe various aspects of the doctrine. For instance I believe Jesus was actually begotten as the Son of God within time, and not "before all ages/worlds" or "eternally begotten" like the creeds say.
I do believe Jesus' earthly body was a creation, but I believe Jesus existed with the Father since before the creation and appeared to Moses, etc.

brinny

Non-trinitarianism is a fairly broad field :)
Some believe Jesus was a creation.
Some do not.

I am not "trinitarian" because I don't believe various aspects of the doctrine. For instance I believe Jesus was actually begotten as the Son of God within time, and not "before all ages/worlds" or "eternally begotten" like the creeds say.
I do believe Jesus' earthly body was a creation, but I believe Jesus existed with the Father since before the creation and appeared to Moses, etc.

Thank you kindly for sharing.

keypurr

It got me to thinking.

Thank you kindly.

I see Jesus as a man. All men are creations.

But the express image is a spirit like God is. Being an image that is a creation also. I see this image as Christ, the spiritual son of God.

CherubRam

It got me to thinking.

Thank you kindly.

Since God (Yahwah) is the only person to come into being on His own accord, it is assumed that Yahshua is a created being. He was placed in Mary's womb and born Yahshua the Christ.

A Body You Prepared For Me

Psalm 40:6 Some Hebrew and Septuagint manuscripts: “but a body you have prepared for me…”

Hebrews 10:5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:
“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but a body you prepared for me;

Micah 5:2
“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The main intention of non-trinitarianism is to deny the deity of Christ.

Christ Himself is the Creator, all things were made by Him and without Him was not anything made which has been made

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a discussion that had tended to get out on hand on TOL. If this one get out of hand it will be locked. Just so you know.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It is written that the King of Righteousness is without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

The King was made like the Son of God because the Son of God had not yet been born.

Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them of whom it is witnessed that he lives. (Hebrews 7:8 NKJV)​

CherubRam

Christ Himself is the Creator, all things were made by Him and without Him was not anything made which has been made

The people in heaven are called gods. We who are the Elect are also called gods based upon a promise.

Psalm 82:6
“I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’

John 10:34
Yahshua answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’ ? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside — 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

Last edited:

CherubRam

It is written that the King of Righteousness is without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

The King was made like the Son of God because the Son of God had not yet been born.

Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them of whom it is witnessed that he lives. (Hebrews 7:8 NKJV)​
Here is the correct translation:
Hebrews 7:3
Without father or mother, without genealogy, beginning of days without end of life, resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever.

Sancocho

I somehow always perceived that the main purpose of non-trinitarianism was to distinguish oneself from Catholics with the consequence of accepting the eventual logical theological conclusion that Jesus is not God is just a "necessary" evil in order to maintain the distinction.

I don't make this observation likely, I have spent many years visiting Protestant churches and forums. In fact, I propose this desire to be distinguished from Catholics is the initial cause of the fracturing of the Christian churches and that once the idea of a whole Body is Christ is rejected then it becomes a race for every man for himself to distinguish himself among others before God. What many apparently don't understand sadly is that the root of this desire isn't love of Christ but vanity and pride for not wanting to be anything like another Christian. Of course the results for the US and Europe have been disastrous to say the least.

iamaberean

It got me to thinking.

Thank you kindly.

The main difference between nontrinitarian and trinity is the definition, both will tell you that God is one.

The Old Testament says that 'The LORD our God is one'. LORD is substituted for Jehovah. So the Jew will tell you there are many god's but only one LORD.

The Old Testament also says:Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
The redeemer is Jesus, a man whose father is God, not a man. So when the LORD says his redeemer the LORD of hosts the first and the last refers to Adam, the first, and Jesus, the last. This is like John the Baptist being Elijah. They had the same type of calling.

LORD God is Father
Spirit of God in Redeemer is Son
God in us is Holy Ghost

They are the same Spirit with different functions. Just as I function as a father, a son and a husband.

CherubRam

God has no beginning and He exists. Sometimes we are not capable of understanding all there is to know about God.
You can not be FIRST without a beginning.

Isaiah 44:6
“This is what the Lord says— Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12
“Listen to me, Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

Revelation 1:17
When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

Last edited:

keypurr

Not so Totton. The purpose is to seek truth.

God created everything through his Christ. Phil 2 speaks of Christ being a form of God that took the form of man. This thread was started to explore what it means. How do most see what deity or divinity means. Christ has a God, that does not take away from his Lordship. The only one greater than Christ is the Father who he tells us is the only God.

Folks should ask themselves many questions to make their faith stronger.

Sancocho

You can not be FIRST without a beginning.

Isaiah 44:6
“This is what the Lord says— Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12
“Listen to me, Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

Revelation 1:17
When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

Before time was created God is. During that period there is no beginning or end.

BTW, trying to undermine Jesus' divinity is a recipe for disaster spiritually.

keypurr

God has no beginning and He exists. Sometimes we are not capable of understanding all there is to know about God.

That may be true, but we can understand his son. They are not one and the same being. All power was given to the son by his God. The son had beginning as he is the express image of the creator.

OCTOBER23

THERE IS NO TRINITY.

THE HOLY SPIRIT-COMFORTER IS THE MIND OF CHRIST PUT INSIDE THE MINDS

OF MEN TO HELP THEM OVERCOME SIN AND MARK THEM FOR RESURRECTION.

--JESUS CAME TO EARTH AND BUILT GODLY CHARACTER AND RESISTANCE TO SIN

AND WENT BACK UP TO THE FATHER AND SENT THAT GODLY CHARACTER DOWN TO US.

1 Corinthians 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord,

That he may instruct him?

But we have the mind of Christ.
----------------------------------
1 Corinthians 6:11 And ye are washed, ye are sanctified,

and ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus by the Spirit of our God.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------