about Carly Fiorina..

republicanchick

I like Carly Fiorina (spelling?)

because

she is a R

she says what needs to be said about Hillary

she worked for a company that makes EXCELLENT printers. I have one that has lasted something like 20 yrs (possible exaggeration)

she is a female in a man's world (incidentally: So am I!! So are all females.. but of course, it is interesting when we are speaking of high office..)

she is going to be on Megyn Kelly tonight (if i read the closed captions correctly today), so we can learn more about her. It seems some candidates are.. not doing much (??) to become better known

she was a CEO of a major US corporation

by the way, what exactly is a corporate tax? I know what it is, basically, but are we taxing a corporation just for being a corporation? I mean what is the idea behind this tax?

just so the gov can get bigger?

(oh yeh, that goes w/o saying RE virtually all taxes)

++

republicanchick

oh, wow, I forgot the most important thing about Carly F

she hasn't lied to us (that we know of) like.. uh... some people I could mention, who are also running for pres...

or supposedly running. I haven't seen much of the Hill-meister lately.

oh, that's right.. I don't watch MSNBC and those stations.. ( speaking for millions of others also)

___

rexlunae

she was a CEO of a major US corporation

I remember her from her time at HP. It wasn't exactly smooth. Seems like the managed to almost destroy a company that was half-way destroyed already, and then depart. She wasn't there all that long.

by the way, what exactly is a corporate tax?

It's a tax...on a corporation.

I know what it is, basically, but are we taxing a corporation just for being a corporation? I mean what is the idea behind this tax?

It's a tax on income that goes to the corporation, less a number of deductions and credits. Much like the tax that you pay. Only the tax rate for a corporation is low and flat, and doesn't apply to every corporate entity. There are also "pass-through entities", which don't pay taxes themselves, but whose income appears on their owners' taxes, such as S Corps, LLCs, LLPs, and other state created structures.

Since the business is a separate legal entity, it is required to pay taxes on its income similar to how people do. However, on the flip side, the investors in the company don't generally pay taxes on the corporate income unless they cash out, either by being paid by the company, or by being paid a dividend.

just so the gov can get bigger?

Yes, clearly, that's the reason. No rhyme or reason to it, just growing the thing for the sake of it. It's like a ficus tree.

TrakeM

She's a HUGE welfare queen. Do you know how much government hand outs her farm took? She's a hypocrite. She decries any aid going to the poor while happily taking government aid for her farm.

republicanchick

i dont have the least problem w/ her being fired from HP

no one here knows why she was fired or isn't saying

i dont either but i do know that if you are right and you push that.. those who are wrong push back. And the wrong ones always have power in this world...

being fired means NADA to me.. In fact, those who never get fired are... well, maybe they just always want to take the safe and easy route..

Jesus said not to do that

if something is wrong... Why should someone go along w/ it?

++++

republicanchick

women are not supposed to have authority over men, according to God (assuming u believe the Bible is God's word... some around here claim they do)

But the presidency is run not by just one man... OK, wait .. it is not supposed to be run by just one person... so personally, i don't think having a woman president is a big deal... Well, now that I think about it... maybe I do.. b/c, well this pres we have now has shown that he can rule pretty much alone... so...

for a woman to be president and not offend God.. we would have to put safeguards into the constititution ... so that we don't have this King of the US problem.. like we currently have