District Apologizes After Transgender Book Read to Children Without Parental Notice

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
District Apologizes After Transgender Book Read to Children Without Parental Notice

Jazz-300x300.jpg

KITTERY POINT, Maine – Officials with a school district in Maine are apologizing after a book about transgendered child was read to elementary school students without advance notice to parents.

An estimated 20 out of 22 classes in kindergarten through third grade at Horace Mitchell Primary School in Kittery Point were recently read the book “I Am Jazz,” written by and about Jazz Jennings, a 14-year-old transgender activist. The book was part of a lesson to children about tolerance and acceptance.

“I have a girl brain but a boy body,” it reads. “This is called transgender. I was born this way!”

But according to reports, the book left some students with a lot of questions and they came home asking their parents if they might be transgender. Some parents consequently contacted the school out of concern that they were never notified that the material would be read to their children.

“My right as a parent to allow or not allow this discussion with my child was taken from me,” one unidentified parent of a first-grader told conservative reporter Sean Hannity. “It is very upsetting to me that I didn’t have an option at all.”

She said that her son asked her if he might really be “a girl in love with a girl.”

“I was taken aback by [what was read to them],” the parent stated. “Being seven, once you put something in their mind they don’t forget so easily.”

Superintendent Allyn Hutton sent out a letter to parents about the lesson with an apology that prior notice had not been given about the reading.

“The Kittery School District embraces diversity and is committed to creating an atmosphere of respect and tolerance for all people, regardless of their race, religion, political belief system or sexual orientation,” she wrote. “… With this in mind, guidance staff of the Horace Mitchell School recently read aloud the book, ‘I Am Jazz,’ a book about a transgender student.”

“We have a practice of if a topic is considered sensitive, parents should be informed. In this situation, that didn’t happen,” she continued. “The whole culture at Mitchell School is about teaching tolerance and respect. The people presenting the lesson thought [‘I Am Jazz’] was one more piece of teaching that lesson. In retrospect, we understand that toleration is tolerating people of all opinions.”

However, the school’s guidance blog asserts that it is not inappropriate to teach elementary school students about gender identity issues.
http://christiannews.net/2015/04/22...ook-read-to-children-without-parental-notice/

Disgusting. There is no reason children that young need to be 'educated' on this issue, especially without their parents involvement. Not to mention the schools own guidelines admit its not appropriate.

Thoughts?

OCTOBER23

You have a very QUEER Educational System if it is like that.

WHO IS RUNNING THE AMERICAN SCHOOL SYSTEM ?

Lon

I was part of a grass-roots Christian education movement in Alaska that was run primarily off of faith. What that means is, that we started a Christian school, believing God would meet our needs, with no salary. It worked really well. I think it is time for churches to do more of this kind of faith stepping.

journey

There's an administration problem at that school because the administrator and everyone involved in this should have already been fired. Personally, I think that they thought they could slide this by and found out they couldn't. In other words, they did it on purpose. I would not trust this school with my children or grandchildren.

lucaspa

Jazz-300x300.jpg

http://christiannews.net/2015/04/22...ook-read-to-children-without-parental-notice/

Disgusting. There is no reason children that young need to be 'educated' on this issue, especially without their parents involvement. Not to mention the schools own guidelines admit its not appropriate.

Thoughts?

The school district admits they made a mistake in not notifying parents. Mistakes happen. They admitted theirs.

OTOH, do you have an objection to children being educated in tolerance? Don't you do that to your children? After all, aren't we commanded to "love your neighbor as yourself"? Isn't that the ultimate in tolerance?

You say "children that young". What age do you think it appropriate to tell about transgenders?

Lon

The school district admits they made a mistake in not notifying parents. Mistakes happen. They admitted theirs.

OTOH, do you have an objection to children being educated in tolerance? Don't you do that to your children? After all, aren't we commanded to "love your neighbor as yourself"? Isn't that the ultimate in tolerance?

You say "children that young". What age do you think it appropriate to tell about transgenders?
That's part of the problem: It is 'politically driven' agenda. It is about 'sexuality' that only affects (especially in this case) an incredibly small portion of society. Consider this: When was the last time you saw a "children's book" on hermaphrodites? :nono: Never. Why? Because we deal with these things privately, they are rarities.

THIS is the reason this was read in school: Gays don't want to be ostracized. That's it. They don't care if we find the subject uncomfortable and creepy (because for us, it is). They want you to 'stop' being creeped out. How do they do that? Indoctrinate kids at an early age. Hitler did that too. It acclimates kids, brain-washes them about a specific thing. There are more Mormons in the US than gay. Why don't we have Mormon polygamy picture books for kids "My Dad and 3 Mom's."

Is it just 'this' minority? How about "I Love My Dog?"

We can 'brain-wash' kids to accept anything. Schools actually know they are supposed to send letters home well in advance for opt outs. This was a session of brain-washing 'despite' what their parents wanted.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Looks like a case of accidentally on purpose to me. Someone in that school has no respect for the desires of the parents. They have an agenda to promote.

whitestone

Jazz-300x300.jpg

Thoughts?

You know I see the whole issue of "transgender" to be a shocking subject(not directed at you). But in the years past there were only homosexuality or one of many descriptive words/names we used to describe this.Today though there's this new word, "transgender",being born inter-sex,ect.

At first I should say that I agree with the biblical stance on sexuality and also it's stance on homosexuality. This said though as well as we all know there is now a new phenomenon of the subject of transgender so I not understanding the actual meaning of this was compelled to read about this.

This was very interesting to research,that is I had no idea that in the first 12 weeks after conception the fetus is actually neither male or female(according to some researchers),but many state that everyone is actually female at first but depending on the d.n.a./chromosomes that are most dominant then the fetus will either remain female or become male(interesting to read about ,google it).

Which brings me to my point,that is all of this process will fall where it may unless the parents(either one) were/are affected by a "MUTAGEN" during this 12 week development,and then this mutagen can alter the sex(and other developments) of the forming baby. So unlike with the cases of willful homosexuality(choice),this baby is against their will mutated during their sexual development stages of growth(research "mutagens" and their effects on sexual development).

I really don't think that elementary school age children should exposed to any of this at that stage of learning,at best this should not be discussed until they are taking biology or health classes. The strangest part I find though is that we(population) are enraged by the issue of biblical opinions on the subject,but no one is as enraged over the mutagens(pesticides,chemicals,carcinogens ect.) that are in our environment when scientist know and openly discuss the fact that in the cases of intersex birth mutagens are the reason these people are born this way.

journey

That's part of the problem: It is 'politically driven' agenda. It is about 'sexuality' that only affects (especially in this case) an incredibly small portion of society. Consider this: When was the last time you saw a "children's book" on hermaphrodites? :nono: Never. Why? Because we deal with these things privately, they are rarities.

THIS is the reason this was read in school: Gays don't want to be ostracized. That's it. They don't care if we find the subject uncomfortable and creepy (because for us, it is). They want you to 'stop' being creeped out. How do they do that? Indoctrinate kids at an early age. Hitler did that too. It acclimates kids, brain-washes them about a specific thing. There are more Mormons in the US than gay. Why don't we have Mormon polygamy picture books for kids "My Dad and 3 Mom's."

We can 'brain-wash' kids to accept anything. Schools actually know they are supposed to send letters home well in advance for opt outs. This was a session of brain-washing 'despite' what their parents wanted.

Good post. I think that the school did this on PURPOSE. They didn't want all those children opted out of this forced agenda.

musterion

Maine is particularly liberal but no part of any level of curriculum ANYWHERE happens without SOMEONE in the building or district administration knowing about it and approving it...department heads, principals, curriculum supervisors, whatever. If it did happen without their knowledge - if a queer freak teacher just felt it was his/her duty to instruct the children in elementary sodomy - the district would have already said so and either put the teacher on leave or terminated.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Looks like a case of accidentally on purpose to me. Someone in that school has no respect for the desires of the parents. They have an agenda to promote.

yes, especially since the guidelines at the school had already spelled out that its inappropriate.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Good post. I think that the school did this on PURPOSE. They didn't want all those children opted out of this forced agenda.

Exactly.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

It cant be a mistake, the guidelines at the school already prohibited it being taught to children that age. See the op and read the entire article.

OTOH, do you have an objection to children being educated in tolerance?
Please expand what you mean by education in tolerance, if you mean educating them to be ok with homosexuality and transgenderism, then yes i object.

Don't you do that to your children? After all, aren't we commanded to "love your neighbor as yourself"? Isn't that the ultimate in tolerance?

You havent defined specifically what you mean, as far as just loving others yes, accepting sin as ok, no.

Depends on the situation, they have no need to know about sexual issues period by 3rd grade.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
I look at transgenders to want halloween to be everyday. I doubt they're born that way . I think its thier environment that makes them that way. All a baby boy need to do is focus on a women on tv for 5 minutes and the mind gets stuck, thinking about it over and over. Things grow you know and thoughts grow too.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I look at transgenders to want halloween to be everyday. I doubt they're born that way . I think its thier environment that makes them that way. All a baby boy need to do is focus on a women on tv for 5 minutes and the mind gets stuck, thinking about it over and over. Things grow you know and thoughts grow too.
:chuckle: They are maladjusted adults that want everyone to accept them like that.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Uncalled for. What does sexual orientation have to do with kindergarden through third graders.

I drank what?

Jazz-300x300.jpg

Thoughts?

first thing i noticed:

"Jazz Jennings, a 14-year-old transgender activist"

wow those activists are getting younger everyday...

amazing what a little brain washing can do to a fertile inexperienced mind

/course the flip side to that coin is...