ECT What is your favorite part of being a Christian or knowing God and Jesus the Christ?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Are you saved? Do you know you have been born again?

1 Peter 3:15 NASB - but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hello Jacob,

I have been saved, I am being saved, and if I , by God's Grace, endure to the end, I will be saved.

Yes.

Peace!
PJ

p.s. started a baptism thread... would like to hear your input. ;)
Hi PhilipJames,

Do you believe you are saved by God's grace only?

A person who is born again is on my view saved, and I believe the scriptures agree. But being saved is not the same as born again, and neither is will be saved born again for the person who has already been born again.

Do you have assurance of salvation? Do you have eternal security?

PhilipJames

Hi PhilipJames,

Do you believe you are saved by God's grace only?

Yes.

A person who is born again is on my view saved, and I believe the scriptures agree.

Agreed.

But being saved is not the same as born again, and neither is will be saved born again for the person who has already been born again.

I am not sure what you are trying to say here. Can you rephrase?

Do you have assurance of salvation? Do you have eternal security?

If I remain in God's Grace, if I, by His Grace, endure to the end, yes.

If I fail at the test.. if I deny HIM... if I knowingly and willfully disobey HIM... no.

Peace!
PJ

PhilipJames

Hello Jacob,

Yes.

You said you have been saved, you are being saved, and you will be saved. Would you say that to be born again covers the first one of these only?

Well first I would say that I 'have been saved' by Jesus' loving sacrifice on the cross; and that in baptism I was buried with HIM, rising with HIM to new life in the Spirit.... a new creation.. a son of God.
This new birth into a Father-son relationship leaves an indelible mark, that cannot ever be removed (the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable). My actions and choices can strain that relationship and , like the prodigal son, I can even walk away from my Father's house, squandering my inheritance...
But the relationship remains. Our Father waits patiently, ever ready to forgive and welcome us back, embracing us in HIS love if we but turn back to HIM....
So then, while that relationship BEGAN when I was born again, and thus I can properly say I 'was saved' when I was baptised.. that relationship continues and so it also proper to say that baptism 'saves me now'...and that if I endure to the end 'baptism will save me'.

So to answer your question: sure, being 'born again' covers the first one, but it is also integral to the others.

Peace!
PJ

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hello Jacob,

Well first I would say that I 'have been saved' by Jesus' loving sacrifice on the cross; and that in baptism I was buried with HIM, rising with HIM to new life in the Spirit.... a new creation.. a son of God.
This new birth into a Father-son relationship leaves an indelible mark, that cannot ever be removed (the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable). My actions and choices can strain that relationship and , like the prodigal son, I can even walk away from my Father's house, squandering my inheritance...
But the relationship remains. Our Father waits patiently, ever ready to forgive and welcome us back, embracing us in HIS love if we but turn back to HIM....
So then, while that relationship BEGAN when I was born again, and thus I can properly say I 'was saved' when I was baptised.. that relationship continues and so it also proper to say that baptism 'saves me now'...and that if I endure to the end 'baptism will save me'.

So to answer your question: sure, being 'born again' covers the first one, but it is also integral to the others.

Peace!
PJ

Would you say that if you began by faith the rest of your life is lived in faith, such that there was a moment of your salvation whereby you were then saved and born again?

PhilipJames

Would you say that if you began by faith the rest of your life is lived in faith,

Rather, I would say that the rest of your life should be lived in faith. I will admit that I have not always walked faithfully. (But thanks be to God! Christ remains faithful!)

such that there was a moment of your salvation whereby you were then saved and born again?

Yes.

Peace!
PJ

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Rather, I would say that the rest of your life should be lived in faith. I will admit that I have not always walked faithfully. (But thanks be to God! Christ remains faithful!)

Yes.

Peace!
PJ
To you is there a difference between faith and being faithful?

If you are born again and have faith do you have faith because of yourself or do you have faith because of God?

Can someone who is born again not be saved in the end? Because I believe when a person begins in the faith it cannot be taken away from them though a person may go through difficult times in their life for whatever reason or reasons.

PhilipJames

To you is there a difference between faith and being faithful?

yes. While I have never not believed that Jesus is who He is: The Holy One of Israel, My Lord, My saviour, and My God.... I haven't always followed my calling,...

If you are born again and have faith do you have faith because of yourself or do you have faith because of God?

God

Can someone who is born again not be saved in the end? Because I believe when a person begins in the faith it cannot be taken away from them though a person may go through difficult times in their life for whatever reason or reasons.

Can someone make shipwreck of their faith? Can they fall away? Can they at some point deny and repudiate the Lord they once called Master?

I have known some who have done these things... will GOD move them to repentance and so save them in the end? Perhaps... In either case HE will be the ONE to judge, and I will HOPE in HIS Mercy.

Peace!
PJ

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
yes. While I have never not believed that Jesus is who He is: The Holy One of Israel, My Lord, My saviour, and My God.... I haven't always followed my calling,...

God

Can someone make shipwreck of their faith? Can they fall away? Can they at some point deny and repudiate the Lord they once called Master?

I have known some who have done these things... will GOD move them to repentance and so save them in the end? Perhaps... In either case HE will be the ONE to judge, and I will HOPE in HIS Mercy.

Peace!
PJ
What about that He who started the work will be faithful to complete it in you?

I don't have a verse for that.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We are saved when we are given immortality. This will be at the first resurrection for the church of God.

Aimiel

What is your favorite part of being a Christian or knowing God and Jesus the Christ?
Hearing His Voice. Knowing His Presence. Being directed and being given prophecy to give to others. It's more real than the things I can see or touch. He's more to me than my own life.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hearing His Voice. Knowing His Presence. Being directed and being given prophecy to give to others. It's more real than the things I can see or touch. He's more to me than my own life.
Do you mean a prophecy from scripture being passed on by you to others? It is good to be able to see prophecy fulfilled in truth.

Lon

What do you think about the idea of being conformed to the image of Christ. Is it Biblical?
Yes. I think even MAD will agree with you on this, but it isn't 'us' conforming so much as we 'being conformed.'

Ephesians 2:10 "we are HIS workmanship..." The more time we spend 'with' the Savior, the more we will be like Him but we are not going to ever make ourselves sinless, that is His work. We can but enjoy that proximity here as a semblance of what we shall be, if I read 1 John 3:2 and other passages rightly.

I think our proximity, is for the benefit of the family of God and a sign to unbelievers here on earth and too, a bit of peace of mind/encouragement for ourselves of what is to come.

We 'should' act like believers as we are able, but the work is God's as I understand scripture.

I hope this does a good job explaining and bridging the works/faith gap here on TOL. It is a tricky walk to try and get everyone's interests captured in a short post and have them all agree with it. I pray this helps. In Him
-Lon

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes. I think even MAD will agree with you on this, but it isn't 'us' conforming so much as we 'being conformed.'

Ephesians 2:10 "we are HIS workmanship..." The more time we spend 'with' the Savior, the more we will be like Him but we are not going to ever make ourselves sinless, that is His work. We can but enjoy that proximity here as a semblance of what we shall be, if I read 1 John 3:2 and other passages rightly.

I think our proximity, is for the benefit of the family of God and a sign to unbelievers here on earth and too, a bit of peace of mind/encouragement for ourselves of what is to come.

We 'should' act like believers as we are able, but the work is God's as I understand scripture.

I hope this does a good job explaining and bridging the works/faith gap here on TOL. It is a tricky walk to try and get everyone's interests captured in a short post and have them all agree with it. I pray this helps. In Him
-Lon
I looked up the verse. Here it is.

Romans 8:29 NASB - For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;

I don't totally understand it, but this is the verse.