Best/Worst Christmas Song List

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Self explanatory heading...

Worst:
1. Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
2. Santa Claus is Coming to Town (as performed by the otherwise brilliant Boss)
3. Last Christmas (Wham)
4. Grandma Got Run Over by a Raindeer
5. Happy Xmas
6. Jingle Bell Rock
7. Christmas Don't be Late, Chipmunks
8. Funky, Funky Xmas
9. Most Wonderful Time (because no one tells scary ghost stories at Christmas, that's why) :mmph:
10. A glut of runner ups.

Best:
1. Drummer Boy duet between Bowie and Crosby
2. Angels We Have Heard on High, Andrea Bocelli
3. Good King Wenceslas, Crosby
4. The Christmas Song, Nat King Cole
5. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, Garland
6. White Christmas, Crosby
7. Adeste Fidelis, Cole
8. Hark, The Herald Angels Sing, Cole
9. Joy to the World, Cole
10. I'll Be Home For Christmas, Sinatra

Caledvwlch

I really can't stand Jingle Bells or The Twelve Days of Christmas. And we're singing both in the chorus program this month.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I really can't stand Jingle Bells or The Twelve Days of Christmas. And we're singing both in the chorus program this month.
:chuckle: And then there's Sir Paul's odious ode...simply having, a wonderful Christmas time...it's like an ear virus.

Buzzword

:chuckle: And then there's Sir Paul's odious ode...simply having, a wonderful Christmas time...it's like an ear virus.

Ugggggggggh.

Best (can't really order them by quality)
Frank Sinatra - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Straight No Chaser - Christmas Can-Can
Take 6 - It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Boston Pops Orchestra - Sleigh Ride
Vince Guaraldi - O Tannenbaum
Celtic Woman - O Holy Night
Beegie Adair - The Christmas Song
Chanticleer - O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
The King's Singers - Simple Gifts
Ramsey Lewis Trio - Here Comes Santa Claus

...as you can see, I tend to prefer either instrumental-only or a capella Christmas music.

Granite

Hall of Fame
"Do They Know It's Christmas?" is, hands down, the most wretched noel ever written.

rexlunae

Pretty much all of the Christmas music has been completely ruined for me by the Pavlovian conditioning that tells me that when I hear it, someone is about to try to sell me dishwasher, a TV, or some other junk. Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas (minus the Jesus stuff), but by the time I hear the first Christmas song at a mall or on TV, sometime in mid October, I just feel so jaded about the whole thing that I'm just ready for it to be over.

Caledvwlch

Pretty much all of the Christmas music has been completely ruined for me by the Pavlovian conditioning that tells me that when I hear it, someone is about to try to sell me dishwasher, a TV, or some other junk. Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas (minus the Jesus stuff), but by the time I hear the first Christmas song at a mall or on TV, sometime in mid October, I just feel so jaded about the whole thing that I'm just ready for it to be over.

This is why I now refer to Christmas as "October 86th"

shagster01

Winter Wonderland isn't a bad song through and through, but I can't figure out the whole conversation bit with the snowman about marriage in the middle. Cut that part out and it would be ok.

My favorite song is probably O Holy Night.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
But...Christmas minus the "Jesus stuff" is pretty much people trying to sell you crap. :plain: ...so isn't jaded by and large where you start? :eek:

PureX

Here are some of my favorite versions of some classic Christmas songs, in no particular order:

Have Yourself A Merry Christmas - Chris Isaak
Santa Baby - C. Basinet
Joy To The World - The Roaches
Weißer Winterwald (Winter Wonderland) - Puhdys
O Come, O Come, Emmanuel - Erin O'Donnell
Little Drummer Boy - Martha's Trouble
We Three Kings - The Brothers Cazimero
Silent Night - Friction Bailey
Winter Wonderland - Cocteau Twins
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Jethro Tull
White Christmas - Louis Armstrong
Silent Night - Five Blind Boys of Alabama