PDA

View Full Version : Getting banned will cost you reputation points

Knight
June 9th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Hear ye... hear ye....

Let it be known to all peoples of this land that from this point forward when a TOL user is banned (for any length of time) the said banned user will receive between a 10 and 25% reduction in their reputation point total.

The amount of the reputation point reduction is at the discretion of the TOL administration.

That is all.

koban
June 9th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Hear ye... hear ye....

Let it be known to all peoples of this land that from this point forward when a TOL user is banned (for any length of time) the said banned user will receive between a 10 and 25% reduction in their reputation point total.

The amount of the reputation point reduction is at the discretion of the TOL administration.

That is all.

How about a quick review of how the new rep system works after the latest "adjustments"?

Granite
June 9th, 2006, 12:19 PM
:think:

How about we all just be good and not get banned?

koban
June 9th, 2006, 12:24 PM

Wuss! :devil:

Granite
June 9th, 2006, 12:25 PM
:chuckle:

Eowyn
June 9th, 2006, 12:33 PM
I like it :up: There should be some lingering consequences to a banning

Shalom
June 9th, 2006, 12:34 PM
:thumb: I agree!

Apologist
June 9th, 2006, 12:39 PM
What if the user doesn't have any reputation points to start off with? Or less than 0? Theoretically, you'd have to positive rep me if you ban me.

-5000 X .15 = -750. And you DID say reduction. -5000 - (-750)= -4250.

:devil:

Mr. 5020
June 9th, 2006, 12:48 PM
What if the user doesn't have any reputation points to start off with? Or less than 0? Theoretically, you'd have to positive rep me if you ban me.

-5000 X .15 = -750. And you DID say reduction. -5000 - (-750)= -4250.

:devil:I like to imagine that your next banning will be permanent.

Knight
June 9th, 2006, 01:31 PM
How about a quick review of how the new rep system works after the latest "adjustments"?Currently we are at a 10 - 5.

10 reps per day.... spread out to 5 users before you can duplicate.

Apologist
June 9th, 2006, 05:25 PM
I like to imagine that your next banning will be permanent.

:noid:

nowheredude
June 9th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Currently we are at a 10 - 5.

10 reps per day.... spread out to 5 users before you can duplicate.
I have repped 4 people today allready :up:

GayChristian
June 9th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Hmmm, I am female. Gay. Christian. Can I just start paying into my "banned" fund now?

kmoney
June 9th, 2006, 06:20 PM
You will not be banned for being a female.
You will not be banned for being gay.
You will not be banned for being a Christian.
Neither will you be banned for being all 3 at the same time.

You'd like that though wouldn't you?

Apologist
June 9th, 2006, 07:11 PM

What about for being a gay female Christian who just so happens to be a leftist? :noid:

GayChristian
June 9th, 2006, 07:24 PM

Can you get banned for not having a sense of humor? Ugh...probably not. :chuckle:

Lighthouse
June 9th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Hmmm, I am... Gay. Christian.
If you mean gay as in happy, that's good to know. If you mean that you're a dyke, then you're not a Christian.:nono:

One Eyed Jack
June 9th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Hear ye... hear ye....

That is all.

All right -- now I can start laying down the double-smack! Unless I neg-rep them first, and then it'll be a triple-smack.

Just kidding. Maybe. ;)

Daniel50
June 10th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Hear ye... hear ye....

That is all.

Respected and Beloved Knight,

I am honestly wrting this, really I don't understand fully "Refutation Points."

Some time when a new bie gets Rp-1 and points 50 another person Rp 30 and 3000

points per post.

I know you are founder and president of this wondeful board, it is your discretion.

I expect a fair dealing from you and all other Moderators.

God is no respector of persons.

Many feel humiliated in this board for sharing the TRUTH.

I love you Brother,

With much love,

Yours in Christ,

R.Chandrasekaran.

Daniel.

One Eyed Jack
June 10th, 2006, 02:05 AM

Some time when a new bie gets Rp-1 and points 50 another person Rp 30 and 3000

points per post.

I know you are founder and president of this wondeful board, it is your discretion.

I expect a fair dealing from you and all other Moderators.

Check your User CP (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/usercp.php?). This shows who has given you rep, and what their thoughts were, if any. Your reputation is calculated by the rep power of those who have given you rep -- the bigger your reputation, the more rep power you have. There's a link at the top of every post (looks like a shadow of a man's head) you can click to give positive or negative rep to whoever made that post. I hope that helps.

GayChristian
June 10th, 2006, 08:58 AM
If you mean gay as in happy, that's good to know. If you mean that you're a dyke, then you're not a Christian.:nono:

I'm a big dyke and an even BIGGER Christian! I see you chose James Dean as your avatar. HUGE gay icon! I am proud of you for not being afraid to come out of the closet here. Homosexuals everywhere are celebrating!

kmoney
June 10th, 2006, 09:03 AM
:rotfl:

Be careful though, calling toolhouse gay can get you banned. :noid:

keepinitreal
June 10th, 2006, 10:12 AM

Be careful though, calling toolhouse gay can get you banned. :noid:
LOL!!! :ha: :chuckle: :Brandon:

Knight
June 10th, 2006, 10:25 AM

The rep system is just for fun.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Servo
June 10th, 2006, 11:23 AM
I'm a big dyke and an even BIGGER Christian!

Just because your hang out in a building with other homos and fomos and talk about love and maybe carry a book you don't understand, that does not make you a Christian.

Lighthouse
June 10th, 2006, 04:56 PM
I'm a big dyke and an even BIGGER Christian! I see you chose James Dean as your avatar. HUGE gay icon! I am proud of you for not being afraid to come out of the closet here. Homosexuals everywhere are celebrating!
You might want to ask elohiym if it's a good idea to call me a queer.

CRASH
June 10th, 2006, 05:25 PM

Sure, according to you everyone was a gay.....

more homo revisionism.....

Daniel50
June 10th, 2006, 08:27 PM
The rep system is just for fun.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Thank you Knight.

soothsayer
June 10th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Hear ye... hear ye....

That is all.Sounds fair to me. Out of curiosity, why not have a flat-rate ban reduction?

Wessex Man
June 10th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Be careful though, calling toolhouse gay can get you banned.
It's ok for him to call supposedly straight members gay though.

kmoney
June 11th, 2006, 07:06 AM
It's ok for him to call supposedly straight members gay though.
That's the way it works. :idunno:

Mr. 5020
June 11th, 2006, 11:47 AM
You might want to ask elohiym if it's a good idea to call me a queer.:baby:

Knight
June 11th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Sounds fair to me. Out of curiosity, why not have a flat-rate ban reduction?Because some people have far more rep than others and some bannings are for worse offenses than others.

I like flexibility in my rules, I like to be subjective and possibly even unfairness and a bias in my rules.

kmoney
June 11th, 2006, 12:13 PM
I think BillyBob would be a better person to ask. :eek:

Knight
June 11th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Ya know it's funny.... in reading these threads I can tell most of you still don't "get it".

BillyBob wasn't banned because he called Lighthouse a gay.

BillyBob was banned because he wouldn't let enough be enough. BillyBob could have been calling Lighthouse a Mormon or a Red Wings fan, or anything else and we would have still banned him. BillyBob would not stop hounding Lighthouse for MONTHS, even after being asked kindly to stop by several people. We banned Tye Porter for acting the same way towards BillyBob (of all people).

Delmar
June 11th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Because some people have far more rep than others and some bannings are for worse offenses than others.

I like flexibility in my rules, I like to be subjective and possibly even unfairness and a bias in my rules.
and because Kight is in charge :up:

koban
June 11th, 2006, 03:21 PM
and because Kight is in charge :up:

Who's Kight? :noid:

Did he take over from Gordon? :chuckle:

GayChristian
June 11th, 2006, 03:52 PM

Oh, stop your butch, self-righteous posturing. We have all heard your song before "I'm the only true Christian, blah, blah, you're going to hell, blah blah." :sleep:

kmoney
June 11th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Oh, stop your butch, self-righteous posturing. We have all heard your song before "I'm the only true Christian, blah, blah, you're going to hell, blah blah." :sleep:
No, Sozo is the only true Christian around here. You'll run into him eventually and boy are you in for a treat!

:chuckle: ;)

Delmar
June 11th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Who's Kight? :noid:

Did he take over from Gordon? :chuckle:
OK

Lighthouse
June 12th, 2006, 12:02 PM
I think BillyBob would be a better person to ask. :eek:
No, elohiym would be a better person to ask, because of what I said to him when he did it. BillyBob was joking, and so I felt no reason to go off on him. elohiym was not joking. And neither was the new dyke.

Lighthouse
June 12th, 2006, 12:04 PM
How about you just stop bitching? I'm not the only true Christian, and I know that. All I'm saying is that you are godless, and a pervert. And I only said it about you. I never even implied that everyone but me was godless.

Knight-
Is it just me or is the username of the above blasphemous? Isn't such blasphemy a bannable offense?

Lighthouse
June 12th, 2006, 12:05 PM
No, Sozo is the only true Christian around here. You'll run into him eventually and boy are you in for a treat!

:chuckle: ;)
There's a reason firechyld called me "little sozo.":eek:

kmoney
June 12th, 2006, 03:00 PM
No, elohiym would be a better person to ask, because of what I said to him when he did it. BillyBob was joking, and so I felt no reason to go off on him. elohiym was not joking. And neither was the new dyke.
How about when you wouldn't stop elohiym "elhomo"? You did stop eventually, but not the first time elohiym told you to stop. Do unto others....

Lighthouse
June 13th, 2006, 03:57 PM
When did I ever call him elhomo? And if I did, I had good reason. He was supporting queers, saying it wasn't a sin. And he still says that.

kmoney
June 13th, 2006, 04:05 PM
When did I ever call him elhomo? And if I did, I had good reason. He was supporting queers, saying it wasn't a sin. And he still says that.
To be honest I'm not sure when you did. But saying homosexuality isn't a sin doesn't make you gay. So you had no "good reason".

Lighthouse
June 13th, 2006, 05:01 PM
To be honest I'm not sure when you did. But saying homosexuality isn't a sin doesn't make you gay. So you had no "good reason".
It may not make him an actual homosexual, but his support of it makes him a faggot, according to the origin of the word faggot.

kmoney
June 13th, 2006, 05:04 PM
It may not make him an actual homosexual, but his support of it makes him a faggot, according to the origin of the word faggot.
Anything to justify calling someone a faggot....:doh:

Lighthouse
June 13th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Anything to justify calling someone a faggot....:doh:
What does faggot mean?

kmoney
June 13th, 2006, 05:19 PM
What does faggot mean?
It can mean a few things. This is from Google:

Definitions of faggot on the Web:

ornament or join (fabric) by faggot stitch; "He fagotted the blouse for his wife"
fasten together rods of iron in order to heat or weld them
fagot: offensive terms for an openly homosexual man
bind or tie up in or as if in a faggot; "faggot up the sticks"
fagot: a bundle of sticks and branches bound together
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

A faggot is a kind of pork meatball, a traditional dish in parts of the UK, especially Wales and the Black Country. It was originally made from unwanted off-cuts of meat (typically a blend of sausage meat and offal, especially Liver).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(food)

In modern American and Canadian usage faggot or fag is a generally pejorative term for gay men. The origins of the word in this sense have been clouded by mythology.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(slang)

A faggot is an archaic imperial unit applied to collections of stick
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(unit_of_measurement)

in homophobic usage, a slang term of abuse denoting (in general) a gay man, but connoting (in particular) the gender image of male wimpiness or effeminacy. In the rhetoric of Gay Liberation, it has been reappropriated as a term of pride signifying a gay man who openly defies the conventionally shameful implications of the term. Some people think that the use of the term derives from the medieval practice of burning sodomites at the stake using bundles of sticks called "faggots. ...
familypride.uwo.ca/glossary/glossary5.html

a stack of spilt and salted cod-fish at various stages of the drying process.
collections.ic.gc.ca/baccalieutrail/dictionary.htm

Lighthouse
June 13th, 2006, 05:34 PM
It's a bundle of sticks for burning. Those who are going to hell are going to burn. Put it together.

kmoney
June 13th, 2006, 05:36 PM
It's a bundle of sticks for burning. Those who are going to hell are going to burn. Put it together.
:think: So you think elohiym is going to hell. And you think this why?
Do you always use it in that meaning? Because it seems that sometimes you use the word "faggot" to mean they are gay. Either you have never used the word in that sense or you need to clarify what you mean by the word.

Lighthouse
June 13th, 2006, 05:50 PM
:think: So you think elohiym is going to hell. And you think this why?
Do you always use it in that meaning? Because it seems that sometimes you use the word "faggot" to mean they are gay. Either you have never used the word in that sense or you need to clarify what you mean by the word.
I generally use it in reference to anyone who supports homosexuality, whether they're queer or not. But I believe it's warranted in the case of aduolterers, child molesters and a few others. Maybe I should just start calling them sodomites.:think:

kmoney
June 13th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I generally use it in reference to anyone who supports homosexuality, whether they're queer or not. But I believe it's warranted in the case of aduolterers, child molesters and a few others. Maybe I should just start calling them sodomites.:think:
So, essentially you just admitted you misuse the term?

Lighthouse
June 13th, 2006, 05:57 PM
No, that is not what I did. I meant that I should call all those who commit sexual sins, or support such, sodomites, since most people think faggot only means homos. I don't want to be misunderstood when I call people like elo a fag.

kmoney
June 13th, 2006, 05:59 PM
No, that is not what I did. I meant that I should call all those who commit sexual sins, or support such, sodomites, since most people think faggot only means homos. I don't want to be misunderstood when I call people like elo a fag.
Well, sodomites is generally a term for only homosexuals also.

But anyway, why do you think elohiym is going to hell?

Lighthouse
June 13th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Have you ever read any of his posts? Do you seriously need to be told?

kmoney
June 13th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Have you ever read any of his posts? Do you seriously need to be told?
Yes, I've read many of his posts. And yes, I do need to be told.

Lighthouse
June 13th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Yes, I've read many of his posts. And yes, I do need to be told.
He's a godless pervert. How do you not see that? Wiat a minute, I forgot who I was talking to.

kmoney
June 13th, 2006, 06:30 PM
He's a godless pervert. How do you not see that? Wiat a minute, I forgot who I was talking to.
:think: So now I'm a godless pervert too (or so you imply). Why am I a godless pervert?

Lighthouse
June 13th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Yeah, that's what I meant.:rolleyes:

kmoney
June 13th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Yeah, that's what I meant.:rolleyes:
Ok, sorry. I obviously misunderstood what you meant. So what did you mean by what you said?

Lighthouse
June 13th, 2006, 06:55 PM
You know what you are doing...

kmoney
June 13th, 2006, 06:57 PM
You know what you are doing...
I do know what I am doing. I am trying to find out why exactly you think elohiym is going to hell. I admit he has some beliefs that I've never really heard of, but I wouldn't call him a "godless pervert" like you do. Do you have something specific of why you believe he is a "godless pervert"?

And I'd also like to know what you meant by the "oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to" comment. :think:

Mr. 5020
June 14th, 2006, 12:54 PM
And I'd also like to know what you meant by the "oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to" comment. :think:There's a better chance of you getting struck by lightning 4 times inside of a rubber ball than there is of you getting a straight answer from Lighthouse.

kmoney
June 14th, 2006, 02:48 PM
There's a better chance of you getting struck by lightning 4 times inside of a rubber ball than there is of you getting a straight answer from Lighthouse.
:chuckle: It would seem so, at least in this case.

CRASH
June 14th, 2006, 04:36 PM
So, essentially you just admitted you misuse the term?

He did not mis-use the term. Why have you made it your crusade to protect all homos and those who approve of them, from ever being condemned?

kmoney
June 14th, 2006, 04:44 PM
He did not mis-use the term. Why have you made it your crusade to protect all homos and those who approve of them, from ever being condemned?
The "mis-use" that I was talking about is calling people who approve of homosexuality gay. Approving of it doesn't make you gay. It seems I was wrong and he doesn't use the term that way though, but that is what I thought. And he did admit that there could be some confusion with how he used the term. That is why he said maybe he should start using the word "sodomites". Although that could still cause some confusion.

And I have never made it my crusade to protect homos and those who approve of them.

Mr. 5020
June 14th, 2006, 06:59 PM
He did not mis-use the term. Why have you made it your crusade to protect all homos and those who approve of them, from ever being condemned?CRASH, could you please provide one post where kmoney has protected a homo?

JoyfulRook
June 14th, 2006, 09:20 PM
CRASH, could you please provide one post where kmoney has protected a homo?Hmmm. Let me see if I can find the thread about equal opportunity employment for gays where you cannnot say no to a homosexual couple who wants to rent your house, on the basis of their homosexuality.

kmoney
June 14th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Hmmm. Let me see if I can find the thread about equal opportunity employment for gays where you cannnot say no to a homosexual couple who wants to rent your house, on the basis of their homosexuality.
I remember that thread but I can't find it. I think it was started by CRASH but I didn't see it in the threads he created. :idunno: Maybe you can find it....

And for the record, now I basically think you should be able to hire or fire anyone you want. But it isn't about discriminating against homosexuals, it's simply about being able to do what you see fit in your company (or house if it is renting to people). At that time I would have said the same thing about race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, anything.

EDIT: I found it!! :D
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25369&page=1

It wasn't a thread started by CRASH. Looking back on it, I think I still stand by what I said. Yet, I also stand by what I just said in the above paragraph. If that makes sense that I can stand by both things. :chuckle:

wholearmor
June 14th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Hmmm, I am female. Gay. Christian. Can I just start paying into my "banned" fund now?

No. God doesn't have a banned fund.

Lighthouse
June 15th, 2006, 10:19 AM
The "mis-use" that I was talking about is calling people who approve of homosexuality gay. Approving of it doesn't make you gay. It seems I was wrong and he doesn't use the term that way though, but that is what I thought. And he did admit that there could be some confusion with how he used the term. That is why he said maybe he should start using the word "sodomites". Although that could still cause some confusion.

And I have never made it my crusade to protect homos and those who approve of them.
I have never called them gay. I have called them fags.

Lighthouse
June 15th, 2006, 10:24 AM
kmoney-
You are a traitor to the faith for all of your defense of the ungodly, and anti-Christian actions, on this board. If you're goiong to call yourself a Christian, follow God.

keepinitreal
June 15th, 2006, 12:46 PM
kmoney-
You are a traitor to the faith for all of your defense of the ungodly, and anti-Christian actions, on this board. If you're goiong to call yourself a Christian, follow God.
How is Kmo a traitor? He doesn't support homosexuality, I think that he just thinks that they should be treated like humans and not a piece of trash. Have you heard of hate the sin, not the sinner?

keepinitreal
June 15th, 2006, 01:27 PM
We should offer a reward for anybody who can find this verse . :think:

Tons of members on TOL have been searching for it for years. In fact I'm rather ashamed of those like, say, Turbo, for example. He can come up with a verse needed at the drop of a hat but even he can't find it. (Turbo, would you just find that thing already? :noid: )
One of these days it's just going to pop out somewhere. I just know it.
Did Jesus hate the sin or the sinner? Jesus hung out with sinners all of the time. That does not mean that he approved of their sin, but he still loved them. I highly doubt that Jesus would go around calling people fags...maybe Fred Phelps but definitely not Jesus.

Mr. 5020
June 15th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Did Jesus hate the sin or the sinner? Jesus hung out with sinners all of the time. That does not mean that he approved of their sin, but he still loved them. I highly doubt that Jesus would go around calling people fags...maybe Fred Phelps but definitely not Jesus.I'm not sure the word "fag" existed then, at least not in that context.

But what about brood of vipers? Would Jesus use a derogatory term like that, do you think?

keepinitreal
June 15th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure the word "fag" existed then, at least not in that context.

But what about brood of vipers? Would Jesus use a derogatory term like that, do you think?
Yeah, I don't think it is the same thing, though. I'm not going to really debate this. If you (not you in particular) want to go on hating others, that's fine. It mainly just hurts yourself. It also doesn't help much in bringing sinners to Christianity or to glorify God.

keepinitreal
June 15th, 2006, 01:42 PM
This article shows how I think we should treat homosexuals.

How I Learned to Love My Gay Neighbor (http://www.christianitytoday.com/outreach/articles/reachingpeople.html)

Mr. 5020
June 15th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I don't think it is the same thing, though. I'm not going to really debate this. If you (not you in particular) want to go on hating others, that's fine. It mainly just hurts yourself. It also doesn't help much in bringing sinners to Christianity or to glorify God.Here's another thread to check out...

Is it ever ok for a Christian to hate somebody? (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23395&highlight=iniquity)

Servo
June 15th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I don't think it is the same thing, though. I'm not going to really debate this. If you (not you in particular) want to go on hating others, that's fine. It mainly just hurts yourself. It also doesn't help much in bringing sinners to Christianity or to glorify God.

Psalm 139:22
I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them my enemies.

Romans 12:9
Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.

Proverbs 23:7
For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.

death2impiety
June 15th, 2006, 02:25 PM
How is Kmo a traitor? He doesn't support homosexuality, I think that he just thinks that they should be treated like humans and not a piece of trash. Have you heard of hate the sin, not the sinner?

How exactly do you separate a sinner from their sin :think:
Please do quote scripture.

Prakk
June 15th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Simply advocating for a controversial subject will get you dinked in the reputation area. Check it out.

CRASH
June 15th, 2006, 02:37 PM

I've never heard that.

Lighthouse
June 15th, 2006, 02:45 PM
1] Homosexuality has nothing to do with what I said.
2] Yes, I have heard that, and it is unBiblical.

Lighthouse
June 15th, 2006, 02:48 PM
We should offer a reward for anybody who can find this verse . :think:

Tons of members on TOL have been searching for it for years. In fact I'm rather ashamed of those like, say, Turbo, for example. He can come up with a verse needed at the drop of a hat but even he can't find it. (Turbo, would you just find that thing already? :noid: )
One of these days it's just going to pop out somewhere. I just know it.
Isn't it Christian 1:1 (http://www.theologyonline.com/newgod/)?

kmoney
June 15th, 2006, 03:04 PM
kmoney-
What have I defended?

kmoney
June 15th, 2006, 03:06 PM
I have never called them gay. I have called them fags.
Ok, so you say that someone who approves of homosexuality is a fag. And by fag you mean someone that is going to hell. Does that mean you think a Christian who doesn't think homosexuality is a sin is going to hell? (thus "christian" would be an inappropriate term for them)

Lighthouse
June 16th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Ok, so you say that someone who approves of homosexuality is a fag. And by fag you mean someone that is going to hell. Does that mean you think a Christian who doesn't think homosexuality is a sin is going to hell? (thus "christian" would be an inappropriate term for them)
Honestly, yes. Because iof someone truly knows Christ, they will have the mind of Christ, and not pretend that sin is not sin.

keepinitreal
June 16th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Honestly, yes. Because iof someone truly knows Christ, they will have the mind of Christ, and not pretend that sin is not sin.
For the record, I think that homosexuality is a sin. However, I don't know if I agree that if you think it isn't a sin that you'll go to hell...but I do think that if one believes it is not a sin that their theology is off.

Mr. 5020
June 16th, 2006, 09:52 AM
For the record, I think that homosexuality is a sin. However, I don't know if I agree that if you think it isn't a sin that you'll go to hell...but I do think that if one believes it is not a sin that their theology is off.Exactly! :up:

I believe homosexuality is a sin. But I'm not going to act like Fred Phelps, who says that if you don't actively preach against homosexuality, then you are going to hell. Lighthouse, however, does follow that model, apparently.

Lighthouse
June 16th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Exactly! :up:

I believe homosexuality is a sin. But I'm not going to act like Fred Phelps, who says that if you don't actively preach against homosexuality, then you are going to hell. Lighthouse, however, does follow that model, apparently.
Fred Phelps is going to hell. And I never said that those who don't actively preach against it are going to hell. But those who preach that it is not a sin, very well may be.

Granite
June 16th, 2006, 10:41 AM
I think Phelps and company think more about gay people and gay sex than any other group in America, including homosexuals...rather ridiculous, actually.

kmoney
June 16th, 2006, 03:01 PM
I'm sure I'm only stating the obvious here, but I'm with keepinitreal and :5020: on this one.

Evee
June 16th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Dyke not a very pretty word is it, then I guess it is how it is spoken.
I always think of dyke as holding back the water.

Mr. 5020
June 16th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Fred Phelps is going to hell.On what grounds, Brandon?!?!

CRASH
June 16th, 2006, 11:49 PM
On what grounds, Brandon?!?!

Well, we could start by looking at his / their actions.<O:p</O:p

Do you know many Christians who use the F word the s word the a word and the d word?<O:p</O:p

Phelps is known for utter vulgarity.<O:p</O:p

Do you know many Christians who dance on the graves of our fallen hero soldiers?<O:p</O:p

Falsely accusing our soldiers isn't Christian fruit.<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

You should give him the benefit of the doubt and assume this loser is going straight to hell 5020<O:p</O:p

Army of One
June 17th, 2006, 12:46 AM
:squint:

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 08:43 AM

Romans 1 (New King James Version)
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,<SUP>[c (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=52&chapter=1&version=50&context=chapter#fen-NKJV-27954c)]</SUP> wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,<SUP>[d (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=52&chapter=1&version=50&context=chapter#fen-NKJV-27956d)]</SUP> unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Mr. 5020
June 17th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Romans 1 (New King James Version)
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,<sup>[c (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=52&chapter=1&version=50&context=chapter#fen-NKJV-27954c)]</sup> wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,<sup>[d (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=52&chapter=1&version=50&context=chapter#fen-NKJV-27956d)]</sup> unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.I'm not talking about approval, CRASH. I'm talking about those who do not actively preach against it.

Mr. 5020
June 17th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Well, we could start by looking at his / their actions.<o>:p</o>:p

Do you know many Christians who use the F word the s word the a word and the d word?<o>:p</o>:pThere are lots of Christians on TOL who use that language.

Phelps is known for utter vulgarity.<o>:p</o>:pSee above.

Do you know many Christians who dance on the graves of our fallen hero soldiers?<o>:p</o>:pNo, I do not.

Falsely accusing our soldiers isn't Christian fruit.<o>:p</o>:p

<o>:p</o>:pI consider most of your attitude to be non-Christian fruit. However, I assume you love the Lord and are just misguided...

You should give him the benefit of the doubt and assume this loser is going straight to hell 5020<o>:p</o>:p...not that you are going straight to hell.

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 09:51 AM
[/size][/color]There are lots of Christians on TOL who use that language.
[/size][/color]See above.
[/size][/color]No, I do not.
[/size][/color]I consider most of your attitude to be non-Christian fruit. However, I assume you love the Lord and are just misguided...
...not that you are going straight to hell.

Name "lots" that use the f word. Can't name one, huh? Do you?
Fred and his group use it all the time.
So utter vulgarity is part of your Christian experience?
So you agree it is evidence he is not Christian.<O:p</O:p

Most of my attitude is non-Christian Fruit? - like what? Please be sure to demonstrate in detail that MOST of my attitude is non-Christian!

It is possible I am misguided and I am open to my ideas being tested.
Why did you add the stick tongue out smilie? That wasn't in my post.

Lots of KKK claim to be Christian. Do you think they are?<O:p</O:p

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 09:53 AM

So now you agree that Brandon does not follow that model, right?

JoyfulRook
June 17th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Dyke not a very pretty word is it, then I guess it is how it is spoken.
I always think of dyke as holding back the water.Just remember that Jesus came to undam the dykes.

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 09:54 AM
I'm not talking about approval, CRASH. I'm talking about those who do not actively preach against it.

Is being apathetic a form of giving approval?

JoyfulRook
June 17th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Name "lots" that use the f word. Can't name one, huh? Do you? The only one that I can think of is Sozo when he flames out.

Lots of KKK claim to be Christian. Do you think they are?<O:p</O:pMost likely not.

I agree with CRASH that Fred Phelps and co. do not exemplify Christian behavior, and therefore can be given the benefit of the doubt when assuming their salvation.

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 02:27 PM
CRASH, could you please provide one post where kmoney has protected a homo?

So there it is on page 5.

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 02:29 PM
The only one that I can think of is Sozo when he flames out.

SOZO can't say that, he never sins.:D

kmoney
June 17th, 2006, 02:30 PM
So there it is on page 5.
What? The post where I posted the thread about jobs and housing? I don't see that as protecting homosexuality. And my position on that has changed as I have said in that post. And even then I don't think I was protecting homosexuality from a sin perspective which is what I thought we were talking about.

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 02:38 PM
What? The post where I posted the thread about jobs and housing? I don't see that as protecting homosexuality. And my position on that has changed as I have said in that post. And even then I don't think I was protecting homosexuality from a sin perspective which is what I thought we were talking about.

He asked for one post where you protected homosexuality. You posted the link where you protected homos enshrined in law, no less. I am glad to hear your position changed (I think.) The Bible says homos should be put to death by the government in the old and new testament. Do you now agree with the God on this subject?

What exactly is your position on how the government should deal with homos and how a Christian should deal with homos? Since, homosexuality is obviously very destructive, do you believe that it should be re-stigmatized and re-criminalized?

Mr. 5020
June 17th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Name "lots" that use the f word. Can't name one, huh? Do you?I know TOL'ers outside of TOL. MySpace and AIM are a couple other venues. They know they can't use it on TOL, loser.

Fred and his group use it all the time.I've listened to dozens of Phelps' stuff, and I've actually never heard the 'F' word.

So utter vulgarity is part of your Christian experience?Nope, I'm one of the few TOL'ers that thinks cussing is a sin.

So you agree it is evidence he is not Christian.<o>:p</o>:pNope. If I did, I would have to list other Christians from TOL that I do not believe are Christians because of their tongue.

Most of my attitude is non-Christian Fruit? - like what? Please be sure to demonstrate in detail that MOST of my attitude is non-Christian!You're mean-spirited, absolutely unteachable, impatient, unkind, and your smiley is shooting a gun.

It is possible I am misguided and I am open to my ideas being tested.
Why did you add the stick tongue out smilie? That wasn't in my post.I did not add it. In fact, it is in your post. Read your post again.

Lots of KKK claim to be Christian. Do you think they are?<o>:p</o>:pNope.

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I know TOL'ers outside of TOL. MySpace and AIM are a couple other venues. They know they can't use it on TOL, loser.
You're mean-spirited, absolutely unteachable, impatient, unkind, and your smiley is shooting a gun.
I did not add it. In fact, it is in your post. Read your post again.
Nope.

Why are you calling me a loser? I am glad you are not mean-spirited or unkind!

Wow, and you are so gentle-spirited, teachable, patient and kind by calling me those names. :baby:

You are a hypocrite =:5020:.

Unteachable? Yeah, thats why I used to be an athiest, pervert, pro-abort, live and let live liberal, but now I follow Christ. Hmmm... sounds like I was taught *something* along the way...

Are you against guns? Or just smilies with guns? You must have a problem with swords too, then. Did Jesus have a problem with weapons?

What is your problem?

:CRASH:

kmoney
June 17th, 2006, 03:00 PM
He asked for one post where you protected homosexuality. You posted the link where you protected homos enshrined in law, no less. I am glad to hear your position changed (I think.) The Bible says homos should be put to death by the government in the old and new testament. Do you now agree with the God on this subject?

What exactly is your position on how the government should deal with homos and how a Christian should deal with homos? Since, homosexuality is obviously very destructive, do you believe that it should be re-stigmatized and re-criminalized?
In that thread I said I think only religious organizations should be able to discriminate against homosexuals because I think religious beliefs should take precedence. I didn't mind the new law adding homosexuals to the protected groups. Now I believe someone should be able to do as they please with hiring/firing, etc. But it has nothing to do with discriminating against homosexuals (or anyone). Simply the government shouldn't be involved in your business. That is my change.

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 03:03 PM
In that thread I said I think only religious organizations should be able to discriminate against homosexuals because I think religious beliefs should take precedence. I didn't mind the new law adding homosexuals to the protected groups. Now I believe someone should be able to do as they please with hiring/firing, etc. But it has nothing to do with discriminating against homosexuals (or anyone). Simply the government shouldn't be involved in your business. That is my change.

So there should be no laws at all pertaining to homosexuality?

How then should a Christian treat unrepentany homosexuals?

Turbo
June 17th, 2006, 03:05 PM
CRASH, Those :p smileys are not appearing in your posts, but when I go to quote your post, I do see the code there along with some other untidy code (ex: color tags setting the color to black on every line of your post).

Are you using the WYSIWYG setting? That could be causing it. It tends to add unnecessary tags.

Mr. 5020
June 17th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Why are you calling me a loser? I am glad you are not mean-spirited or unkind!I was being facetious.

Wow, and you are so gentle-spirited, teachable, patient and kind by calling me those names. :baby:Names? You asked me to explain why I thought that way.

You are a hypocrite =:5020:.I see. Sorry you feel that way.

Unteachable? Yeah, thats why I used to be an athiest, pervert, pro-abort, live and let live liberal, but now I follow Christ. Hmmm... sounds like I was taught *something* along the way...I didn't know the atheist CRASH. I only know this one.

Are you against guns? Or just smilies with guns? You must have a problem with swords too, then. Did Jesus have a problem with weapons? No. No. No. No. That part was supposed to be a joke. You know...humor. Like...ha ha.

What is your problem?I don't have one. You jumped into a conversation I was having with :Brandon:. It never had anything to do with you.

:CRASH::5020:

kmoney
June 17th, 2006, 03:06 PM
So there should be no laws at all pertaining to homosexuality?
:nono:

How then should a Christian treat unrepentany homosexuals?
They should treat them as a sinner.

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 03:08 PM
I've listened to dozens of Phelps' stuff, and I've actually never heard the 'F' word.
Nope, I'm one of the few TOL'ers that thinks cussing is a sin.
Nope. If I did, I would have to list other Christians from TOL that I do not believe are Christians because of their tongue.

Why have you been listening to so much of Phelps stuff?

I never said cussing means you are not saved, but don't you think it is a window to the heart and would be more indicative of not being saved than being saved?

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 03:09 PM
They should treat them as a sinner.

Which is how?

kmoney
June 17th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Which is how?
Sing songs when they die. Scream "faggot" at them. You know, stuff like that....

Mr. 5020
June 17th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Why have you been listening to so much of Phelps stuff?Curiosity, perhaps. You haven't? How do you know what you're saying about him is true, then? Don't you worry that you might be a slanderer?

I never said cussing means you are not saved, but don't you think it is a window to the heart and would be more indicative of not being saved than being saved?Possibly, but not with any certainty.

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 03:13 PM
I was being facetious.
Names? You asked me to explain why I thought that way.
I see. Sorry you feel that way.
I didn't know the atheist CRASH. I only know this one.
No. No. No. No. That part was supposed to be a joke. You know...humor. Like...ha ha.
I don't have one. You jumped into a conversation I was having with :Brandon:. It never had anything to do with you.
:5020:

Well, that was very funny. Ha Ha.

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Curiosity, perhaps. You haven't? How do you know what you're saying about him is true, then? Don't you worry that you might be a slanderer?
Possibly, but not with any certainty.

Little snipits, but not dozens of his messages. I have heard him and his followers / family cuss.

No, but combined with other evidence, it would be a good indicator.

Why not give Freddie the benefit of the doubt and assume he is going to hell?

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Names? You asked me to explain why I thought that way.
I see. Sorry you feel that way.

Yeah, mean-spirited is mean name to call someone.
Besides you were asked to support your statement that MOST of my fruit was non-Christian.
Are you apologizing for how I feel? Gee thanks.

I didn't know the atheist CRASH. I only know this one.

Obviously, not very well, but you have no problem rushing to judgement about what a bad Christian I am.

No. No. No. No. That part was supposed to be a joke. You know...humor. Like...ha ha.

Yeah, I'm still cracking up. Too funny...

I don't have one. You jumped into a conversation I was having with :Brandon:. It never had anything to do with you.

You are a hypocrite, but have no problem. Okay, I get it.

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Sing songs when they die. Scream "faggot" at them. You know, stuff like that....

But seriously, according to K-Money, how should we, as Christians, treat unrepentant homosexuals?

Mr. 5020
June 17th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Why not give Freddie the benefit of the doubt and assume he is going to hell?The same reason that I don't think that about you. It's not my call. He stands before his own Master.

Yeah, mean-spirited is mean name to call someone.
Besides you were asked to support your statement that MOST of my fruit was non-Christian.Mean-spirited is an accurate description of your actions on TOL. If you have a problem with that, then stop acting that way.

Are you apologizing for how I feel? Gee thanks.I am apologizing for my making you feel that way. And you're welcome.

Obviously, not very well, but you have no problem rushing to judgement about what a bad Christian I am.I know as much about you as you know about me. You've called me a hypocrite more than once here at TOL, and when asked to back it up, you cower into the shadows. I'll ask it again later in this post.

Yeah, I'm still cracking up. Too funny...It really was a joke. Sorry if you didn't catch it at the time. That's the problem with non-verbal communication...it's hard to see sarcasm.

You are a hypocrite, but have no problem. Okay, I get it.Ok, so here we are...

Why am I a hypocrite?

kmoney
June 17th, 2006, 03:43 PM
But seriously, according to K-Money, how should we, as Christians, treat unrepentant homosexuals?
The same as any unrepentant sinner. You show them the gospel. You show them Christ. Are we to treat them differently then other sinners?

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 03:55 PM
The same as any unrepentant sinner. You show them the gospel. You show them Christ. Are we to treat them differently then other sinners?

That's what I am asking you.

kmoney
June 17th, 2006, 03:57 PM
That's what I am asking you.
Oh. :nono:

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 04:01 PM
The same reason that I don't think that about you. It's not my call. He stands before his own Master.

So do you judge whether anyone is a Christian or not? Would there be any value in that? Does the Bible encourage us to do that?

Mean-spirited is an accurate description of your actions on TOL. If you have a problem with that, then stop acting that way.

My problem is that you accuse and condemn me of most of my behavior being non-Christian and then back it up with an accusatory list of what you practice.

I am apologizing for my making you feel that way. And you're welcome.

What way? Apologies should be clear, sincere and direct to be effective unless they are insincere and right now I have no idea what you are talking about.

I know as much about you as you know about me. You've called me a hypocrite more than once here at TOL, and when asked to back it up, you cower into the shadows. I'll ask it again later in this post.

I hardly know anything about you.
No, I think this is the first time.
I don't cower. You must be confusing me with someone else. I think you are projecting.

It really was a joke. Sorry if you didn't catch it at the time. That's the problem with non-verbal communication...it's hard to see sarcasm.

Yeah, it's hard to see a joke when you first say MOST of my conduct is non Christian and then accuse me of a whole slew of negatives. "Sorry I didn't catch the joke?" Another insincere apology?

Ok, so here we are...

Why am I a hypocrite?

Stop pretending you have no idea what I am talking about. You are smarter than that 5020!

It is explained in detail right here. (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1136364&postcount=112)

Mr. 5020
June 17th, 2006, 04:07 PM
So do you judge whether anyone is a Christian or not? Would there be any value in that? Does the Bible encourage us to do that?Does the Bible encourage us to judge another's salvation? No, not that I am aware of.

My problem is that you accuse and condemn me of what you practice.You're being ridiculous. You remind me of an old poster who took everything people said personally. :freak:

What way? Apologies should be clear, sincere and direct to be effective unless they are insincere and right now I have no idea what you are talking about.I apologized for making you think I was a hypocrite. I most certainly am not.

I hardley know anything about you.Exactly!

No, I think this is the first time.It is the second time, but who cares.

I don't cower. You must be confusing me with someone else. I think you are projecting.I am not.

Yeah, it's hard to see a joke when you first say MOST of my conduct is non Christian and then accuse me of a whole slew of negatives. Sorry, I didn't catch the joke? Another insincere apology?You're taking this too personally. Get over it.

Stop pretending you have no idea what I am talking about. You are smarter than that 5020!

It is explained in detail right here. (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1136364&postcount=112)I still don't see the hypocrisy.

CRASH
June 17th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Does the Bible encourage us to judge another's salvation? No, not that I am aware of.

How will you witness to them if you don't know if they are really saved or not?
You will know them by their fruit. To know them by their fruit, you are making a judgement of their salvation.

You're being ridiculous. You remind me of an old poster who took everything people said personally. :freak:

Tell me most of my fruit is non Christian and then attack with a slew of mean spirited names and yeah, silly me, I take it personal.

I apologized for making you think I was a hypocrite. I most certainly am not.

So the comments that most of my fruit is non Christian and then the attack with a slew of mean spirited names and saying I've cowered away in the shadows was all a joke?
And therefore you are not a hypocrite? And you are sorry that I made that mistake?

I still don't see the hypocrisy.

When you condemn me of being mean-spirited and unkind, you were mean-spirited and unkind. Whether I am or not, you are doing the same thing you accuse me of.

And one more thing, who gives a rip who you were talking to? Have you ever jumped in on a thread that wasn't directly talking to you?

That's what I thought.

Mr. 5020
June 17th, 2006, 04:36 PM
How will you witness to them if you don't know if they are really saved or not?The same way I would witness if I did know.

You will know them by their fruit. To know them by their fruit, you are making a judgement of their salvation.So, when you are mean-spirited, unkind, and impatient, I should assume you are unsaved? Is that what you are telling me?

Tell me most of my fruit is non Christian and then attack with a slew of mean spirited names and yeah, silly me, I take it personal.Anybody who takes things said on a public discussion forum personally is silly indeed.

So the comments that most of my fruit is non Christian and then the attack with a slew of mean spirited names and saying I've cowered away in the shadows was all a joke?No, you took what I said out of context.

And you are sorry that I made that mistake?I never said that. I apologized for misconstruing my intentions. I apologized for something that I did.

When you condemn me of being mean-spirited and unkind, you were mean-spirited and unkind.Rebuke is not an unkind thing. It is the furthest expression of love.

Whether I am or not, you are doing the same thing you accuse me of.No, I am not. You tell others they are going to hell, and call them hypocrites, though you admittedly do not know anything about them. I advised you that you appear mean-spirited, unkind, and impatient. Very, very different.

-:5020:

JoyfulRook
June 17th, 2006, 09:07 PM
You're mean-spirited, absolutely unteachable, impatient, unkind, and your smiley is shooting a gun.Heck yeah! :CRASH:

Lighthouse
June 18th, 2006, 07:57 PM
On what grounds, Brandon?!?!
He's ungodly. He proclaims there is no hope for repentance for the homosexual.

Lighthouse
June 18th, 2006, 08:05 PM
SOZO can't say that, he never sins.:D
That is not what Sozo believes.:nono: He says he doesn't sin, because it's not defined as sin if you are not under the law.

kmoney
June 18th, 2006, 08:47 PM
He's ungodly. He proclaims there is no hope for repentance for the homosexual.
Wow, I didn't know he preached that. :nono:

CRASH
June 23rd, 2006, 06:31 PM
The same way I would witness if I did know.
So, when you are mean-spirited, unkind, and impatient, I should assume you are unsaved? Is that what you are telling me?
Anybody who takes things said on a public discussion forum personally is silly indeed.
No, you took what I said out of context.
I never said that. I apologized for misconstruing my intentions. I apologized for something that I did.
Rebuke is not an unkind thing. It is the furthest expression of love.
No, I am not. You tell others they are going to hell, and call them hypocrites, though you admittedly do not know anything about them. I advised you that you appear mean-spirited, unkind, and impatient. Very, very different.:5020:

You use the same witnessing tactics for the unsaved, the unsaved who say they are saved, the saved, the saved caught in sin who is repentant and the saved person caught in sin who is un-repentant? Strange indeed and I might add, very ineffective.

<O:p

Either way you are making judgmental, salvation assumptions. The point was that, yes, according to the Bible, you are to judge the spiritual status of your neighbor. Try to follow along here.<O:p

So now I am silly. It's not like I can't sleep at night because of your false, hypocritical accusations, I just think your personal attack of me, a brother in Christ, is personal. It's not like you directed your mean-spirited comments at a group of people. <O:p

So first it is a joke, then "No" it's not. Why don't you let me know which part was a joke and which part you felt was a fair criticism?<O:p

Forget the whole apology thing. Letís just say it isn't working. I will start a new thread regarding making a healthy apology.<O:p

So when I rebuke, it is unkind and mean spirited. When you rebuke it is "the furthest expression of love." Basically, you live by a double standard. This fits right in with your hypocritical stance against me.

Yes you are. Your words herein betray you.<O:p

I consider most of your attitude to be non-Christian fruit. Loser.<O:p
You're mean-spirited, absolutely un-teachable, impatient, unkind, ...<O:p

When you condemn me of being mean-spirited and unkind, you were mean-spirited and unkind. You called me a loser. That is unkind. You have been impatient with me in this very thread. Are you teachable?<O:p

I am not perfect, but I am teachable and I am usually patient and kind.

Sometimes I am mean, but I try not to be unless it is really necessary. Maybe you havenít been paying attention. I am open to correction but it needs to be based in reality.<O:p

You should admit that your judgment of me was overly harsh and that you were being hypocritical.<O:p</O:p

I am open to correction if it is based in reality and you can state it clearly. <O:p

heartless_Adam
June 23rd, 2006, 06:38 PM
Fred Phelps is going to hell. And I never said that those who don't actively preach against it are going to hell. But those who preach that it is not a sin, very well may be.
Is Fred Phelps that idiot that did the picket outside that gay guys funeral when he got tied to a fence and beaten to death. Ben Shepherd or something...Ben savage...?

heartless_Adam
June 23rd, 2006, 06:39 PM
Mathew Shepherd?

keepinitreal
June 23rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
Is Fred Phelps that idiot that did the picket outside that gay guys funeral when he got tied to a fence and beaten to death. Ben Shepherd or something...Ben savage...?
Hmmm...I don't know. He's mainly known for protesting at our dead soldier's funerals. You can check out his website to learn more about him: http://www.godhatesfags.com/
He is a pretty sick guy.

Oh yeah, I think that you meant Matthew Shepard. Ben Savage (http://imdb.com/name/nm0005399/) was the guy that played Corey in Boy Meets World. lol

heartless_Adam
June 23rd, 2006, 07:41 PM
Hmmm...I don't know. He's mainly known for protesting at our dead soldier's funerals. You can check out his website to learn more about him: http://www.godhatesfags.com/
He is a pretty sick guy.

Oh yeah, I think that you meant Matthew Shepard. Ben Savage (http://imdb.com/name/nm0005399/) was the guy that played Corey in Boy Meets World. lol
Yeah thats right the godhatesfagsguy. Is he like famous in the states? I sort of read about him six or seven years ago in the paper when that boy got killed. he did a big protest about how the Shephard boy was burning in hell as his folks were trying to bury him at his funeral service. I didn't realise he was still about?

What did he do at the soldiers funerals?

Ben savage! yeah sorry, Corey savages brother, lol. That was a weird one to get confused.

Lighthouse
June 24th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Mathew Shepherd?
Yes, that is Fred Phelps, and yes, the kid's name was Matthew.

Lighthouse
June 24th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Yeah thats right the godhatesfagsguy. Is he like famous in the states? I sort of read about him six or seven years ago in the paper when that boy got killed. he did a big protest about how the Shephard boy was burning in hell as his folks were trying to bury him at his funeral service. I didn't realise he was still about?

What did he do at the soldiers funerals?

Ben savage! yeah sorry, Corey savages brother, lol. That was a weird one to get confused.
Ben played Corey on TV. His real life brother is named Fred. You're not very well educated are you?

Mr. 5020
June 24th, 2006, 11:33 AM
You use the same witnessing tactics for the unsaved, the unsaved who say they are saved, the saved, the saved caught in sin who is repentant and the saved person caught in sin who is un-repentant? Strange indeed and I might add, very ineffective.How would you know. Have you seen me witness?

Either way you are making judgmental, salvation assumptions.I never said anything about making an assumption, liar.
The point was that, yes, according to the Bible, you are to judge the spiritual status of your neighbor. Try to follow along here.I agree with that.<o></o>

So now I am silly.I can agree with that.

It's not like I can't sleep at night because of your false, hypocritical accusations, I just think your personal attack of me, a brother in Christ, is personal. It's not like you directed your mean-spirited comments at a group of people.Attack? :ha: <o></o>

So first it is a joke, then "No" it's not. Why don't you let me know which part was a joke and which part you felt was a fair criticism?<o>The "loser" part was a joke. You understand now?</o>

Forget the whole apology thing. Letís just say it isn't working. I will start a new thread regarding making a healthy apology.<o>And quite a success that thread has been. :rolleyes:</o>

So when I rebuke, it is unkind and mean spirited. When you rebuke it is "the furthest expression of love." Basically, you live by a double standard. This fits right in with your hypocritical stance against me.Nope. It's the way things are said. Surely you understand that different tones and word usages come across differently than others, right? In case you don't, here's an example:

CRASH: Homos are perverts.
Mr. 5020: Yes, you're right, CRASH. But they're more than that. They're lost souls that I really care about, that need to realize the love of Christ.
CRASH: Here's what I think - :CRASH:

Yes you are. Your words herein betray you.<o>I don't know what you were referring to here. Could you try quoting the parts you're referring to when your post doesn't really flow, like I'm doing?</o>

When you condemn me of being mean-spirited and unkind, you were mean-spirited and unkind. You called me a loser. That is unkind. You have been impatient with me in this very thread. Are you teachable?<o>Yes.</o>

I am not perfect, but I am teachable and I am usually patient and kind.I'm glad that you think of yourself that way, but that is not your reputation on TOL.

Sometimes I am mean, but I try not to be unless it is really necessary. Maybe you havenít been paying attention. I am open to correction but it needs to be based in reality.:rotfl:<o></o>

You should admit that your judgment of me was overly harsh and that you were being hypocritical.<o></o>No, however, I will admit that you're being a big :baby:.

I am open to correction if it is based in reality and you can state it clearly.Obviously not.

heartless_Adam
June 24th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Ben played Corey on TV. His real life brother is named Fred. You're not very well educated are you?
Well educated? They didn't teach us about Boy meets world and the wonder years at school no.

And cheesy American coming of age shows arn't that widely watched in these parts. And the wonder years was a bit befor my time. So easy on the passive agression there tiger :rolleyes:

Lighthouse
June 24th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Well educated? They didn't teach us about Boy meets world and the wonder years at school no.

And cheesy American coming of age shows arn't that widely watched in these parts. And the wonder years was a bit befor my time. So easy on the passive agression there tiger :rolleyes:
First off, don't call me tiger, faggot.

Secondly, the comment was not based solely on your ignorance of this specific subject, but on the fact that it was not the first time I've seen you get something wrong. In fact, the whole thing with Ben Savage was brought up because you couldn't remember Matthew Shepard's name.

kmoney
June 24th, 2006, 12:21 PM

Secondly, the comment was not based solely on your ignorance of this specific subject, but on the fact that it was not the first time I've seen you get something wrong. In fact, the whole thing with Ben Savage was brought up because you couldn't remember Matthew Shepard's name.
So he forgot the guys name. What's the big deal? And he doesn't live here so you can't really blame him for not knowing a lot about Ben Savage. Give me a break. :doh:

Lighthouse
June 24th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Ben Savage wasn't the point.

kmoney
June 24th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Whatever you say tiger. :chuckle:

Granite
June 24th, 2006, 01:56 PM

Mr. 5020
June 24th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Whatever you say tiger. :chuckle::darwinsm:

heartless_Adam
June 25th, 2006, 04:47 AM

Lol...oooh now whose being vulgar. And all I did was use a turkey smiliy.
Yes your right, i did accidently type Ben savage instead of Mathew Shepherd. All I can say is: I'm so sorry, God forgive me.

heartless_Adam
June 25th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Ben Savage wasn't the point.
Well seeing as how I was asking a reasonable question about rev Phelps and what he'd been saying about the soldiers, I'd tend to agree with you.
You don't need to bann yourself for calling me faggot by the way. I forgive you bro.

Granite
June 25th, 2006, 08:01 AM

GayChristian
June 25th, 2006, 08:24 PM

What if he called you a faggot instead, tiger?

You love to point your dainty finger at others and call them ignorant, yet you can't seem to make a point without name calling. Maybe that worked for you when you were 10 and needed to beat up kids on the playground to make yourself feel manly? But it doesn't really fly here. You are so afraid that you are inadequate, and it shines through in every post. But don't worry, I pray for your healing and salvation. I lift you up to our Lord!

Lighthouse
June 25th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Lol...oooh now whose being vulgar. And all I did was use a turkey smiliy.
Yes your right, i did accidently type Ben savage instead of Mathew Shepherd. All I can say is: I'm so sorry, God forgive me.
You're still a faggot.

Lighthouse
June 25th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Well seeing as how I was asking a reasonable question about rev Phelps and what he'd been saying about the soldiers, I'd tend to agree with you.
You don't need to bann yourself for calling me faggot by the way. I forgive you bro.
Nothing to forgive, faggot. I didn't apologize.

Lighthouse
June 25th, 2006, 10:50 PM
What if he called you a faggot instead, tiger?

You love to point your dainty finger at others and call them ignorant, yet you can't seem to make a point without name calling. Maybe that worked for you when you were 10 and needed to beat up kids on the playground to make yourself feel manly? But it doesn't really fly here. You are so afraid that you are inadequate, and it shines through in every post. But don't worry, I pray for your healing and salvation. I lift you up to our Lord!
I was the one getting beat up on the playground, dyke. And I know I'm inadequate, which is why I need Christ.:duh:

And I'm not a faggot, so he has no reason to call me one.

Roland
June 26th, 2006, 12:47 AM
What wrong with being a faggot, Lighthouse. According to you, you can commit heinous acts of sin and yet still be a Christian. Right? Christ covers it, correct? Since that is the case, and you seem to be dying to try homosexuality, I say go for it! :thumb:

heartless_Adam
June 26th, 2006, 03:49 AM
I was the one getting beat up on the playground, dyke. And I know I'm inadequate, which is why I need Christ.:duh:

And I'm not a faggot, so he has no reason to call me one.
Oh I see, you used to get picked on at school, and now you feel all inadequate and you have a lot of supressed rage floating about that you never got to deal with, so now you sit at a computer taking swipes at people you know you'll never actually have to look in the eye. Right...wow thats pretty harsh bud....Not only do I forgive you but I kind of feel really sorry for you. Thats probably because I had pleanty of mates at school and didn't grow up into an angry little man.

Bless your heart :em:

heartless_Adam
June 26th, 2006, 03:49 AM
And when did I call you faggot?

GayChristian
June 26th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Adam...you didn't suggest he might be a faggot, I did. He has trouble reading the posts.

heartless_Adam
June 26th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Ah ok, So Lighthouse, would you use the N word on a black poster, then when he got upset about it say "but you are one?"

Not that you have anything against homos of course, you just want to help them repent.

Lighthouse
June 26th, 2006, 09:59 PM
What wrong with being a faggot, Lighthouse. According to you, you can commit heinous acts of sin and yet still be a Christian. Right? Christ covers it, correct? Since that is the case, and you seem to be dying to try homosexuality, I say go for it! :thumb:
I never said a Christian would live in such behavior. And homo_adam doesn't even claim to be a Christian anyway.

And don't hit on me.

kmoney
June 26th, 2006, 10:01 PM
I never said a Christian would live in such behavior. And homo_adam doesn't even claim to be a Christian anyway.

And don't hit on me.
:rotfl: Oh Lighthouse, it's funny when you think you are being hit on.....

Lighthouse
June 26th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Oh I see, you used to get picked on at school, and now you feel all inadequate and you have a lot of supressed rage floating about that you never got to deal with, so now you sit at a computer taking swipes at people you know you'll never actually have to look in the eye. Right...wow thats pretty harsh bud....Not only do I forgive you but I kind of feel really sorry for you. Thats probably because I had pleanty of mates at school and didn't grow up into an angry little man.

Bless your heart :em:
:bang:
I do not feel inadequate. I am inadequate, as in, I can do nothing to be righteous. As for the rage, I dealt with it back then. I wasn't a pansy like you.

And you didn't grow up inot any kind of man.

And if I ever get the chance to tell you the truth to your face, I'll do it.

Lighthouse
June 26th, 2006, 10:04 PM
And when did I call you faggot?
You didn't. the dyke asked how I would feel if you did call me one.

Lighthouse
June 26th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Adam...you didn't suggest he might be a faggot, I did. He has trouble reading the posts.
See above, moron.

Lighthouse
June 26th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Ah ok, So Lighthouse, would you use the N word on a black poster, then when he got upset about it say "but you are one?"

Not that you have anything against homos of course, you just want to help them repent.
Skin color and choosing to be a pervert are not the same thing. I'm not a racist.

kmoney
June 26th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Wow, isn't the "Nicer than God" theology wonderful!

:sigh:

Wessex Man
June 26th, 2006, 10:17 PM
I was the one getting beat up on the playground
I could of guessed,you can't bully anyone in real life,so you do it here to feel big.
But even here you're a teacher's pet.

CRASH
June 26th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Wow, isn't the "Nicer than God" theology wonderful!:sigh:

It is wonderful, a lot of people get saved because of it.

Your comment is obvious sarcasim.

Please state exactly what your complaints are. All of them.

This (http://www.biblegateway.com/) and this (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=608340&postcount=1)might be helpful.

Wessex Man
June 26th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Oh my god Lighthouse you neg repped me,I'm so upset.

heartless_Adam
June 27th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Skin color and choosing to be a pervert are not the same thing. I'm not a racist.
I didn't choose to be gay, I just am. And Faggot is still a dirogative term which one would use in the context of giving abuse.

Plus, The Bible says its okay its okay to have slaves....So who would be your slave race?

heartless_Adam
June 27th, 2006, 04:43 AM
Oh my god Lighthouse you neg repped me,I'm so upset.
In the last few days Ive gone from 100 + rep to zero. And its all from the same like three people, and everytime they do it (again and again) its the same comment "Maybe you'll repent one day. Lol, trust me, you stop caring eventually. I were my red rep with pride.

kmoney
June 27th, 2006, 05:17 AM
It is wonderful, a lot of people get saved because of it.

Your comment is obvious sarcasim.

Please state exactly what your complaints are. All of them.

This (http://www.biblegateway.com/) and this (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=608340&postcount=1)might be helpful.
This is one example of my complaints (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1145304&postcount=169)

And we've basically had this conversation before so there is no need to do it again.

Here is another just for kicks..... (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1144461&postcount=157)

Granite
June 27th, 2006, 06:25 AM

I know Brandon is the new resident sacred cow but the guy's got paper-thin skin and absolutely no sense of humor; a self-important blowhard is on his way to Colorado and I hope they enjoy his company.:cheers:

Lighthouse
June 27th, 2006, 07:09 AM
I didn't choose to be gay, I just am. And Faggot is still a dirogative term which one would use in the context of giving abuse.

Plus, The Bible says its okay its okay to have slaves....So who would be your slave race?
It never said it was okay to have slaves based on race, nor did it say that the type of slavery blacks faced in this country for so many years was okay.:nono: Learn to read.

Lighthouse
June 27th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Granite accusing someone of not having a sense of humor? That's rich!

heartless_Adam
June 27th, 2006, 07:18 AM
It never said it was okay to have slaves based on race, nor did it say that the type of slavery blacks faced in this country for so many years was okay.:nono: Learn to read.
But you do agree with slaves. so who would they be?

Lighthouse
June 27th, 2006, 07:44 AM
I agree that slavery in and of itself is not wrong. So, who it is doesn't matter.

Granite
June 27th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Granite accusing someone of not having a sense of humor? That's rich!

:noway:

Has Brandon taken me off ignore?:shocked:

CRASH
June 27th, 2006, 08:16 AM
This is one example of my complaints (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1145304&postcount=169)

And we've basically had this conversation before so there is no need to do it again.

Here is another just for kicks..... (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1144461&postcount=157)

Okay, so you're problem is with Christians who name call?

I guess I'm confused. Could you specifically go to the two links I gave and refute point by point exactly what your problem is with the nicer than God theology, as you called it?

Are you saying Jesus wasn't acting Christian in these situations below?

Jesus was offensive. Most people were offended by him. The proof for John the Baptist that Jesus was the Christ was that the blind see, the lame walk and the majority are "offended" by Him (Mat. 11:2-19). As Jesus said, "Blessed is he who is not offended because of Me" (Mat. 11:6; Luke 7:23). In Galilee, Jesus did not plead with his neighbors to understand Him when "they were offended at Him" (Mat. 13:57; Mark 6:3). If unbelievers are offended, so be it (cf. Luke 14:3-4; John 5:8-16). "Shake off the dust from your feet" (Mat. 10:14). But alas, that is no longer a Christian attitude.

Christ's apostles asked Him, "Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard [Your] saying?" (Mat. 15:12). What is the accepted Christian response today after an offense is taken? Quick, apologize! Ask for forgiveness! Tell them you are sorry. How did Jesus respond? He said to ignore the complaints of the unbelievers: "Let them alone. They are blind," (Mat. 15:14). Today, many Christians condemn Christ's attitude as unloving.

Jesus promised his followers, "you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. And then many will be offended" (Mat. 24:9-10). When a Canadian started his call with a vicious, "Bob, I hate you..." The immediate and (super-) natural response was "Cool. Great! Because Jesus taught that 'if they hated Me, they will hate you'" (see John 15:18-19; 17:14; Mat. 10:22; Luke 21:17). Today Christians think if the world hates them, they have failed. The reverse should be true. It is not that a Christian wants to be hated; it is simply an occupational hazard.

Jesus is the Rock. Most believers are unaware, however, that Jesus used this metaphor to issue a graphic threat against the unrepentant. For Christ said that on whom that Rock "falls, it will grind him to powder" (Mat. 21:44; Luke 20:18). Even the Father said that the Son is the "rock of offense" (Isa. 8:14; Rom. 9:33; 1 Pet. 2:8). Offending unbelievers is Christlike in the deepest sense.

God utterly forbid drinking blood (Lev. 3:17; 17:14). Israelites, from priests, to Pharisees, to average citizens, were at least superficially obsessed with "keeping the law." Thus when Jesus said whoever "drinks My blood has eternal life," (John 6:54) He was being extremely offensive, and intentionally so. Further, He made no effort whatsoever to clarify Himself. Rather, He let the offense work its ministry. Jesus knew He even offended His own followers. As He said to "His disciples" immediately afterward, "does this offend you?" (John 6:61).

Wessex Man
June 27th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Okay, so you're problem is with Christians who name call?
There's nothing wrong with it,it's just a little rich when it comes from runt's like Brandon who wouldn't dare do it face to face.

heartless_Adam
June 27th, 2006, 08:19 AM
I agree that slavery in and of itself is not wrong. So, who it is doesn't matter.
so how would you determine who gets to be slaves?

Lighthouse
June 27th, 2006, 08:36 AM
so how would you determine who gets to be slaves?
I would go to the Bible. However, I don't ever plan on having slaves. Except in the event someone steals from me, and cannot afford restitution. Then they could be a slave until their debt is paid.

heartless_Adam
June 27th, 2006, 08:40 AM
I'd never agree with slavery under any circumstances. I guess thats just how us twisted non-Christians think.

Lighthouse
June 27th, 2006, 08:48 AM
You apparently don't understand what slavery was in Biblical times. No surprise there, you not understanding the Bible.

heartless_Adam
June 27th, 2006, 08:55 AM
You apparently don't understand what slavery was in Biblical times. No surprise there, you not understanding the Bible.
One person made subbordinate to another without the consent of their will... :rain:

Lighthouse
June 27th, 2006, 09:03 AM
One person made subbordinate to another without the consent of their will... :rain:
That's not what the Bible supports.:nono:

heartless_Adam
June 27th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Then please define a slave to me....

CRASH
June 27th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Just read the Bible. You're a "know it all."

heartless_Adam
June 27th, 2006, 11:27 AM
well once you define a slave to me, please define what a know it all is. Your very up yourself CRASH, so if you had an answer you'd give it with pleasure. "Read the Bible" just means you don't have an answer. Like when you told me to read all of that banner thread to see how it had worked in converting Homos when there was nothing there.

Lighthouse
June 27th, 2006, 01:02 PM
A know-it-all is someone who thinks they know everything.

Granite
June 27th, 2006, 01:04 PM

:dizzy:

soothsayer
June 27th, 2006, 01:06 PM
IMHO, it seems to me that there are many far worse "know-it-alls" than HeartlessAdam on TOL. He seems pretty down-to-earth and humble to me.

Granite
June 27th, 2006, 01:08 PM
He seems like a normal guy, horror of horrors...

Lighthouse
June 27th, 2006, 01:39 PM
I was just explaining to homo_adam what a know-it-all was, since he didn't seem to know.[Irony]

soothsayer
June 27th, 2006, 01:43 PM
My bad, Lighthouse. It was actually Crash that had called him a know-it-all.

Lighthouse
June 27th, 2006, 01:48 PM
You better apologize.:box:

soothsayer
June 27th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Haha...fair enough. I am sorry, Lighthouse. :angel: Please forgive my mistake. I hope your feelings weren't hurt too much.

GayChristian
June 27th, 2006, 02:01 PM

Oh goody! Then here's to hoping you end up a slave to a great big homo! Now, don't get too excited yet, I know this is a life-long ambition of yours, but we still need to find a homosexual willing to take you on. Hm...I'm thinking rough trade leather daddy for you.

CRASH
June 27th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Oh goody! Then here's to hoping you end up a slave to a great big homo! Now, don't get too excited yet, I know this is a life-long ambition of yours, but we still need to find a homosexual willing to take you on. Hm...I'm thinking rough trade leather daddy for you.

:vomit:

Servo
June 27th, 2006, 03:15 PM

Wow, what a debased mind you have.

heartless_Adam
June 27th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Nah bud, It's someone who seems to have an answer for everything. Thing is, you guys say such stupid stuff it aint hard to answer back all the time. You guys are just peeved cause I don't just accept what you guys have to say and take it on the chin.

heartless_Adam
June 27th, 2006, 03:18 PM
And weren'tr you the guys thinking you know whats going on in my life better than I do? I may be argumentative, But at least I don't think I'm a mind reader.

Army of One
June 27th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Oh goody! Then here's to hoping you end up a slave to a great big homo! Now, don't get too excited yet, I know this is a life-long ambition of yours, but we still need to find a homosexual willing to take you on. Hm...I'm thinking rough trade leather daddy for you.Ahem...nevermind that rep I gave you. It was supposed to be a negative one. :doh:

Edit: Btw, if someone could quickly neg rep me as punishment for putting this homo in the green, it would be appreciated. :D

kmoney
June 27th, 2006, 03:26 PM
:doh:

Joe Roberts
June 27th, 2006, 09:29 PM

The thought that there are people left in this world who are in favor of slavery really disturbs me. Is this a common belief around here?

Lighthouse
June 28th, 2006, 11:10 AM
I never said I was in favor of slavery. I just said that the type of slavery in the OT was not wrong, because there were rules against mistreating slaves.

freelight
June 28th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Hi all,

I was somewhat appalled recently that my rep is now 0 and -1,000.(zounds!) - just because of 2 neg. rep votes.(my only ones). Apparently these 2 who slopped me a neggie (besides some choice comments) have high rep points...so they really knocked me down in points? (I only read some about how the point system works....but was surprised because I have at least 22 positive rep. votes and just these 2 recent neggies for the first time. It would seem my being in the green for so long and 22 positive reps would keep me in the green even after just 2 neggie. Oh well.)

Oh, by the way..this is the post that has mutilated my reputation on TOL.. Unbelievable....and I think unfair/unjust. (false representation at best when the majority vote positively support and appreciate my commentaries). - go figure.

here she is -

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1146015&postcount=17

The content of all my posts stand on their own integrity and strength.....yet apparently this time was too much for some to bear. - especially when it deals with the Truth of God who is Love...whos Love by the way is all-inclusive. When one dares to suggest that this Love includes gay, lesbian, transgender people..........and they are corrected for their unloving manners(exposed shall we say).....they become spiteful and assasinnate ur reputation. How quaint.

Its evident that TOL has its premium club members who have the highest rep scores, seniority and cult-ammenities (some evidently unearned but granted). The more liberal, eccentric, prolific (well at least some of us among the 'in the red' members) {yeah...I cant believe I am 'in the red' now) are excluded as reprobates, heretics, infidels, free-thinkers, etc.

I will continue to exercise my first amendment rights in speaking truth as I see it while respecting other opinions as has been my usual manner. I suppose I can thank TOL for that. Thanks for any help on the rep issue - but I suspect the 2 who neggie repped me have high rep point scores and so these mere 2 votes really way-layed me. Interesting.

Any further enlightenment is appreciated.(from those with light/love...or ok,...lets be more inclusive....how bout 'decency' ;)

paul

Servo
June 28th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Hi all,

I was somewhat appalled recently that my rep is now 0 and -1,000.(zounds!) - just because of 2 neg. rep votes.(my only ones). Apparently these 2 who slopped me a neggie (besides some choice comments) have high rep points...so they really knocked me down in points? (I only read some about how the point system works....but was surprised because I have at least 22 positive rep. votes and just these 2 recent neggies for the first time. It would seem my being in the green for so long and 22 positive reps would keep me in the green even after just 2 neggie. Oh well.)

Oh, by the way..this is the post that has mutilated my reputation on TOL.. Unbelievable....and I think unfair/unjust. (false representation at best when the majority vote positively support and appreciate my commentaries). - go figure.

here she is -

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1146015&postcount=17

The content of all my posts stand on their own integrity and strength.....yet apparently this time was too much for some to bear. - especially when it deals with the Truth of God who is Love...whos Love by the way is all-inclusive. When one dares to suggest that this Love includes gay, lesbian, transgender people..........and they are corrected for their unloving manners(exposed shall we say).....they become spiteful and assasinnate ur reputation. How quaint.

Its evident that TOL has its premium club members who have the highest rep scores, seniority and cult-ammenities (some evidently unearned but granted). The more liberal, eccentric, prolific (well at least some of us among the 'in the red' members) {yeah...I cant believe I am 'in the red' now) are excluded as reprobates, heretics, infidels, free-thinkers, etc.

I will continue to exercise my first amendment rights in speaking truth as I see it while respecting other opinions as has been my usual manner. I suppose I can thank TOL for that. Thanks for any help on the rep issue - but I suspect the 2 who neggie repped me have high rep point scores and so these mere 2 votes really way-layed me. Interesting.

Any further enlightenment is appreciated.(from those with light/love...or ok,...lets be more inclusive....how bout 'decency' ;)

paul

Become a right wing Christian who isnít hypocritical about love and I bet your rep goes up.

Mr. 5020
June 28th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Haha...fair enough. I am sorry, Lighthouse. :angel: Please forgive my mistake. I hope your feelings weren't hurt too much.:rotfl:

freelight
June 28th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Become a right wing Christian who isnít hypocritical about love and I bet your rep goes up.

At this point seeing how the rep system works (its unfairness, favoritism, etc.) and your statement above.....its apparent whose 'system' is wanting to put it politely. What does being a 'right wing' Christian have to do about reputation or 'truth' for that matter - its just a label with connotations inferred by its keepers. Oh,....and its apparent that those so called 'christians' who spend their time maligning and 'dissing' someone who stands up for justice/truth and the true ethic of Love for all peoples are hardly 'not hypocritical' but reveal their own spite and ignorance of 'God' who is Love. 'Tragic' is hardly the word.

That you can 'continue' to put my so called 'rep' down(twice already) as if this were just a game...while your pretty polished trophy of a rep-package shines to your own egoic satisfaction(bolstered no doubt by others in your agreeing 'party-faction' ).....is revealing....and believe me it doesnt say much for 'integrity'.

Truth in its ultimacy and beauty stands undaunted.

This is my last post in this thread. - thanks to those who have been of assistance in more ways than one :) - cordial correspondence welcome via private message.

paul

CRASH
June 28th, 2006, 10:00 PM
You are jumping to conclusions.

"a high rep score on TOL not necessarily indicative of devotion to truth "

Of course not, but we are all wondering about your devotion to truth.

Do you believe the Bible is God's Word?

"This is my last post in this thread."

You ran away here too! (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147235&postcount=25)

Roland
June 29th, 2006, 02:32 AM
I never said a Christian would live in such behavior.

It's possible though, isn't it, Lighthouse?

And homo_adam doesn't even claim to be a Christian anyway.

So? GayChristian does.

And don't hit on me.

You really are depraved. :down:

heartless_Adam
June 29th, 2006, 09:31 AM
You really are depraved. :down:
He really is.You have no idea how much so bud. Yet look how high his rep is.

CRASH
June 29th, 2006, 09:36 AM
He really is.You have no idea how much so bud. Yet look how high his rep is.

Boy, this is the pot calling the kettle black. His rep is high because people generaly like his posts. They are insightful and to the point. Best of all, he is usually right!

Servo
June 29th, 2006, 09:40 AM
At this point seeing how the rep system works (its unfairness, favoritism, etc.) and your statement above.....its apparent whose 'system' is wanting to put it politely. What does being a 'right wing' Christian have to do about reputation or 'truth' for that matter - its just a label with connotations inferred by its keepers. Oh,....and its apparent that those so called 'christians' who spend their time maligning and 'dissing' someone who stands up for justice/truth and the true ethic of Love for all peoples are hardly 'not hypocritical' but reveal their own spite and ignorance of 'God' who is Love. 'Tragic' is hardly the word.

That you can 'continue' to put my so called 'rep' down(twice already) as if this were just a game...while your pretty polished trophy of a rep-package shines to your own egoic satisfaction(bolstered no doubt by others in your agreeing 'party-faction' ).....is revealing....and believe me it doesnt say much for 'integrity'.

Truth in its ultimacy and beauty stands undaunted.

This is my last post in this thread. - thanks to those who have been of assistance in more ways than one :) - cordial correspondence welcome via private message.

paul

What CRASH said.

Also, don't take the rep thing so seriously.

Take knowing Christ as your Savior and learning His Word seriously.

heartless_Adam
June 30th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Boy, this is the pot calling the kettle black. His rep is high because people generaly like his posts. They are insightful and to the point. Best of all, he is usually right!
Yeah, That don't mean alot coming from you I'm afraid CRASH. Insightful? are you insain? all I seen him do is rant and not go anywhere. And the people he rants at arn't petty enough to do the daily de rep vendeta.

heartless_Adam
June 30th, 2006, 05:15 AM
I never said I was in favor of slavery. I just said that the type of slavery in the OT was not wrong, because there were rules against mistreating slaves.
Rules like what? Are you saying slaves were treat well in the Ot?

BeforeThereWas
August 10th, 2006, 09:42 AM

As a satanist, how do you define "good"?

BTW

kmoney
August 10th, 2006, 05:07 PM
As a satanist, how do you define "good"?

BTW
Probably by if you are obeying the TOL rules or not. (in that context)

BillyBob
November 5th, 2006, 03:21 AM
This thread is hilarious!!!!!!!

:darwinsm:

It started out as Knight letting people know about the Rep system and within a few posts became the all-time funniest 'homo thread' ever!

kmoney
November 5th, 2006, 11:33 AM
:devil:

BillyBob
November 5th, 2006, 11:40 AM
:darwinsm:

Jay Santos
November 7th, 2006, 12:56 AM
how many times can you get banned? How long are you banned for? Who decides what you get banned for?

Evee
November 7th, 2006, 10:19 AM
how many times can you get banned? How long are you banned for? Who decides what you get banned for?
I don't know for sure, but sometimes the mods has mercy.
I should have been banned at least once but they didn't ban me.

CRASH
November 7th, 2006, 10:24 AM
People like SmurfBliff should not only be banned, they need to be beat up!

I guess the web does have it's limitations!

kmoney
November 7th, 2006, 11:44 AM
how many times can you get banned?
Indefinite.

How long are you banned for?
The Admin/Mods decide.

Who decides what you get banned for?
The Admin/Mods decide. There are a list of rules somewhere though so you can count on being banned for breaking those.

Vision in Verse
November 7th, 2006, 11:58 AM
I was surprised when I found out that bans were only temporary. Has anyone ever been banned forever? A "death penalty" of sorts.

BillyBob
November 7th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Has anyone ever been banned forever?

Yes.......but then they were unbanned.......

erinmarie
November 7th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Okay, so getting banned you get points taken away...Maybe I should be given points for never being banned! :D

One Eyed Jack
November 7th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Okay, so getting banned you get points taken away...Maybe I should be given points for never being banned! :D

Have a few on me, then. :)

CRASH
November 7th, 2006, 07:29 PM

I gave you reps for never being banned!

JoyfulRook
November 7th, 2006, 09:26 PM
I was surprised when I found out that bans were only temporary. Has anyone ever been banned forever? A "death penalty" of sorts.Yes, it happens all the time.

Morpheus
November 22nd, 2006, 05:01 PM
Currently we are at a 10 - 5.

10 reps per day.... spread out to 5 users before you can duplicate.Have things changed? If this is the present system then it should have been impossible for BillyBob to neg rep me 3x on November 18. This isn't the first time for the trifecta.

[EDIT] The only reason I found this thread is because I was going to start one suggesting that if someone is banned their rep drops to 0, and if someone was in the negative it remain intact.

['NOTHER EDIT] I was also considering suggesting that reps show up in the individual posts they refer to showing who repped the post and whether it was pos or neg. This would expose the ludicrous reps done simply to target the user and not the post.

BillyBob
November 22nd, 2006, 05:28 PM
Have things changed? If this is the present system then it should have been impossible for BillyBob to neg rep me 3x on November 18. This isn't the first time for the trifecta.

[EDIT] The only reason I found this thread is because I was going to start one suggesting that if someone is banned their rep drops to 0, and if someone was in the negative it remain intact.

['NOTHER EDIT] I was also considering suggesting that reps show up in the individual posts they refer to showing who repped the post and whether it was pos or neg. This would expose the ludicrous reps done simply to target the user and not the post.

:baby: