Howdy, Shalom, Salam aleikum!

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Nice to meet you my juxtaposed brothers and sisters.

Hopefully that misfortunate humour didn't go unnoticed, I think I should probably start with a bit of honesty; I'm actually quite nervous about joining and intergrating myself into this community and I'm not completely certain about the reasons why... perhaps it may have something to do with the fact that I will disagree on more or less every single issue and opinion I come across.

However, what I fear more is the fact that even prowling the forum for half an hour or so I have already seen a very, very high standard of intellect and proficiency in writing and debating ability, I think that may have a share in my concern that I may actually gain a vast amount of respect for those who I oppose.

Let me just say that I don't see myself as superfluous antagonistic force and even while engaging in argument my main objective is to rationally and calmly reason with others, if we want to attack someone with blind rage - I'm sure we all have a family member or friend who says the most counter-intuitive things.

Finally, I also have a great interest in religion and an honest intention to further my understanding of the history and contemporary semantics behind it - I pray (or not) that I will be welcomed here, at least temporarily, thank you for the opportunity.

Castigat ridendo mores.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
I'm sure you'll receive equal opportunity my friend, what would TOL be without a dose of lex talionis?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL There is a lot of Castigat ridendo mores going on around here. In fact you will probably find yourself on the recieving end of it at times.

IMJerusha

I'm sure you'll receive equal opportunity my friend, what would TOL be without a dose of lex talionis?

I'm not really about beating up friends or enemies. Eye for an eye has its place, I suppose, but there's an awful lot to be said for the love of the Body. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

keypurr

Nice to meet you my juxtaposed brothers and sisters.

Hopefully that misfortunate humour didn't go unnoticed, I think I should probably start with a bit of honesty; I'm actually quite nervous about joining and intergrating myself into this community and I'm not completely certain about the reasons why... perhaps it may have something to do with the fact that I will disagree on more or less every single issue and opinion I come across.

However, what I fear more is the fact that even prowling the forum for half an hour or so I have already seen a very, very high standard of intellect and proficiency in writing and debating ability, I think that may have a share in my concern that I may actually gain a vast amount of respect for those who I oppose.

Let me just say that I don't see myself as superfluous antagonistic force and even while engaging in argument my main objective is to rationally and calmly reason with others, if we want to attack someone with blind rage - I'm sure we all have a family member or friend who says the most counter-intuitive things.

Finally, I also have a great interest in religion and an honest intention to further my understanding of the history and contemporary semantics behind it - I pray (or not) that I will be welcomed here, at least temporarily, thank you for the opportunity.

Castigat ridendo mores.

Oh, Hi. So your an agnostic? We haven't tarred and feathered an agnostic for a couple of weeks now. Welcome to TOL. I was an agnostic once. But the TOL's boiled me in oil till I believed.

Just kidding, you will not find better folks than what is on TOL.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL, with a bio like that I would say bring your flak gear... :chuckle: