toldailytopic: What methods/tools/weapons do you use for home defense?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 12th, 2012 09:35 AM

toldailytopic: What methods/tools/weapons do you use for home defense?

best-home-defense-shotgun-1.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Last edited:

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Dead bolts. Mostly I don't worry about it. I don't like guns. I like to target shoot. Haven't done it in many years.

I do have a rubber pellet pistol for that pesky cat that tries to eat the birds.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have several. I have a whole collection of martial arts weapons which I know how to use--Sies, a Bo, Kamas, an Axe with a katana in the handle and last but not least a pellet gun. I like the Bo, it is long and I know how to use it to disable or disarm an attacker. I don't really have the funds at the moment to buy a proper gun. I would like to get a 30.06 or a 38 pistol. I used to shoot them all the time.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have some small yapping dogs that are harmless. However, they are great at alerting me to anyone near my house which will give me time to grab my "snake charmer". :D

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have four vicious guard dogs and a very sharp ice pick.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Defense against whom? That changes things a bit. In my case, not so much as the M4 and SKS both can do more than one duty. Both can repel zombies at distance, and harvest animals for food when we go the way of Greece.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:plain: *meh* I pretty much always either have a .38Sp or .380ACP on me all the time.

The fire-extingusher gun (go-to gun...home defense gun...whatever) though is a S&W M&P.40 with a Streamlight TLR1 & Meprolight tritium sights, it's kept loaded/chambered & with a spare mag in a pushbutton lock box.

I have a Winchester 1300 Defender 12Ga. in the closet but it's trigger locked and the shells live with the M&P.

Everything else is either in the gun cabinet or the safe. :idunno:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What methods/tools/weapons do you use for home defense?

I keep my home and premises strung and wrapped in orange and black Biohazard tape. I haven't had any visitors in years, now. :noid:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I find posting a sign at the front of my property that reads "This home protected by an ax", along with a photo of me holding said ax and smiling, tends to get the job done. It also cuts back on the number of uninvited guests...invited too, comes to it. :plain:

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Motion sensor lights on all sides of the house. I forgot about those. They bring some deterrence.

HisServant

Alarm system and outside flood lights.

The state police barracks are 4 miles away, and if any deadly force is needed, I would rather let them do their jobs.

If I lived in a remote area, I might think differently.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have three 100-lb dogs that look much more vicious (and sound that way too) than they are. Even my mail man is afraid to get out of his car when my dogs are loose. :chuckle: Plus, I have Teddy Bear, a 30-lb chow mix who was rescued from an owner who beat her. She won't let anyone in my house without her permission. Plus, I have a .22 rifle sitting next to my front door (because I forgot to put it away after shooting at the male dogs in my yard).