Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are some really mean people on this board. They don't care enough about unbelievers to warn them of the destruction that awaits them. They lie to them and lead them down the wrong path saying such things as "God loves everybody".

Psalm 5:5 "...Thou hatest all workers of iniquity"
Psalm 11:5 "The Lord trieth the righteous but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hates."

Another lie they tell is that "God hates the sin but loves the sinner".
Matthew 12:35 "A good man, out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things."
Matthew 15:11 "What comes out of the mouth defiles a man"

I often see people say that all sins are the same. But there are some sins that God really puts extra emphasis on in showing just how much he hates it such as when He refers to homosexuality as an abomination. (Leviticus 18:21-23)

It is clear that some sins are greater than others.

John 19:11 "Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin"

Luke 12: 46-48 "the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47And that servant who knew his master's will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more."

Many members appear to be loving but according to Romans 12:9, they are hypocrites.

Why would some people want to be so mean? I realize that a lot of the time it is done out of ignorance but some know that they should be more bold in speaking against wickedness but being liked by others and not offending is more important to them than truth. They want to be liked by believers as well as non-believers regardless of the fact that, according to Jesus, if you follow Him you will be hated.
Matthew 10:22 "And you will be hated by all men for my name's sake."

beanieboy

Ok. I will change my ways.

Poly, you are so full of blinding self righteous hatred, that you are doing no good to anyone but exhaulting yourself.

Love ya.

ShadowMaid

Re: Mean TOL members

Originally posted by Poly

There are some really mean people on this board. They don't care enough about unbelievers to warn them of the destruction that awaits them. They lie to them and lead them down the wrong path saying such things as "God loves everybody".

Psalm 5:5 "...Thou hatest all workers of iniquity"
Psalm 11:5 "The Lord trieth the righteous but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hates."

Matthew 12:35 "A good man, out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things."

I often see people say that all sins are the same. But there are some sins that God really puts extra emphasis on in showing just how much he hates it such as when He refers to homosexuality as an abomination. (Leviticus 18:21-23)

John 19:11 "Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin"

Luke 12: 46-48 "the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47And that servant who knew his master's will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more."

Many members appear to be loving but according to Romans 12:9, they are hypocrites.

Why would some people want to be so mean? I realize that a lot of the time it is done out of ignorance but some know that they should be more bold in speaking against wickedness but being liked by others and not offending is more important to them than truth. They want to be liked by believers as well as non-believers regardless of the fact that, according to Jesus, if you follow Him you will be hated.

:thumb:
Ya know Poly, that's what I've been taught.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by beanieboy

Poly, you are so full of blinding self righteous hatred, that you are doing no good to anyone but exhaulting yourself.

Love ya.
And those that continue to spit in the face of God until the day of judgment, we get to rejoice over when they get what's coming to them.

Psalm 58:10 "The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengence. He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked."

Ecumenicist

Its one thing to say "by sinning, you are hurting yourself, and God
loves you very much and doesn't want you to be hurting yourself or
others."

Its another to say "God is going to burn you in hell for all eternity if
you keep doing that."

That's a misrepresentation of who God is and why He cares about sin.

Dave

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dave Miller

Its another to say "God is going to burn you in hell for all eternity if
you keep doing that."

That's a misrepresentation of who God is and why He cares about sin.

Dave

I know, Dave, your favorite verse is probably John 3:16, right? Too bad you don't have enough respect for God to read on a few more verses.

John 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

servent101

Poly - beanieboy was concerned about you - and you spit in his face - and beanieboy knew the reply that you would give would be "gross" - yet he suffered at your hand willingly, trying to help you avoid the wrath that will come to you.

Beanieboy is more of a Christian influence where he is right now, not being a Christian than you will ever be, unless you come to your senses.

Seems the Lords words - Many will come to me on that day and say Lord, when did I see you hungry and thirsty - and the Lord replies - whatever you did to the least of my brethren - that you did unto me. These people are surprised the Lord knows them and is granting them eternal life - but as for people like you - you think you are going to the Lord, full of your piss and vinegar and are going to see people like beanieboy burn in hell - and enjoy it.... well I think you have lost it.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

adajos

There are some really mean people on this board. They don't care enough about unbelievers to warn them of the destruction that awaits them. They lie to them and lead them down the wrong path saying such things as "God loves everybody"

Which is meaner---to warn people of their sin while still treating them as a valuable person to God, or to self-righteously use derogatory terms for them while pronouncing judgement incessantly?

So then why do you think Christ dined with and hung out with sinners all the time? Because He hated the sinner?

You can't just pick your "favorite" verses and jump to conclusions without considering all applicable scripture.

Some sins have more consequences than others. There may be some that God dislikes more than others. So what? Even the tiniest little sin is sufficient to make any one of us deserving of hell. So that means you, me, and homosexuals.

Look, to the extent that brushing over and ignoring sin is not helping somebody I will agree. That is extremely harmful. It is important that sinners know they are sinning. This doesn't necessitate treating them like crap.

But the other side of that coin is not showing Christ's love to sinners because of being too busy calling them derogatory names and talking about how they make you want to vomit.

Christ associated with sinners. He didn't gloss over sin, but he loved them. The main people Christ reserved his harsh judgement for was the Pharisees who were hard-hearted, self-righteous, and should have known better than anyone else what would please God.

Ecumenicist

Originally posted by Poly

I know, Dave, your favorite verse is probably John 3:16, right? Too bad you don't have enough respect for God to read on a few more verses.

John 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Yes, condemned already. To not know God is to exist in
condemnation. Its not God's Will that we live in condemnation,
condemnation is the condition we exist in if we do not have
God in our lives.

I quote my favorite verse, God is love...

Dave

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by adajos

So then why do you think Christ dined with and hung out with sinners all the time? Because He hated the sinner?
Because they were repentant. :doh:

You can't just pick your "favorite" verses and jump to conclusions without considering all applicable scripture.
You saying that I'm picking favorite verses and jumping to conclusions with them doesn't make it true. If you feel this way is it not more beneficial to explain how this is being done rather than just expecting people to believe this is the case simply because servent101 says so? Let's start here.

18"He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

I take this verse to mean that those who do not believe in God are condemned. Please show how I am picking this verse and jumping to the conclusion I just gave.

The main people Christ reserved his harsh judgement for was the Pharisees who were hard-hearted, self-righteous, and should have known better than anyone else what would please God.

Christ reserved harsh judgement for all those who were unrepentant.

Matthew 10:34-36 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth. I came not to send peace but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be of his own household."

Lucky

Hall of Fame

Love ya.
Does it really matter to you? It's not like you would actually change your ways if someone told you "God is love" and "God loves sinners." (Who would?) Excuses, excuses, excuses...

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dave Miller

Its not God's Will that we live in condemnation,
I never said it was. It's man's.
condemnation is the condition we exist in if we do not have God in our lives.
Agreed.

I quote my favorite verse, God is love...
Big surprise there! :rolleyes:

beanieboy

Originally posted by Lucky

Does it really matter to you? It's not like you would actually change your ways if someone told you "God is love" and "God loves sinners." (Who would?) Excuses, excuses, excuses...

Does it matter to you that Poly is a blinded, self righteous person that tries to do anything to be offensive, and in so, only exhaults herself?

Does it not bother you that christ told a parable about a pharisee in the temple saying, "I pray everyday, I tithe, I read scripture, and i'm so glad that I not like THAT sinner", and that christ said it was the latter (the repentent sinner) that he loved, and not the self righteous, self exhaulting follower and teacher of the law?

Do you not care about Poly's eternal fate?

Or are you happy to simply act like a Pharisee?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Does it not bother you that christ told a parable about a pharisee in the temple saying, "I pray everyday, I tithe, I read scripture, and i'm so glad that I not like THAT sinner", and that christ said it was the latter (the repentent sinner) that he loved, and not the self righteous, self exhaulting follower and teacher of the law?
Quit insinuating things that are not true. I boast in nothing that I do. My righteousness is that of Christ alone. You may not like hearing the things that are said of God but that does not give you the right to say false things about those that warn you of the destruction that God says is awaiting you.

smaller

BANNED
Banned
What you present Poly is the CLASSIC CHRISTIAN VERSION of LOVE.

You yourself HAVE SIN and you WHINE TO OTHERS to BEHAVE OR YOU WILL BURN IN HELL FOREVER.

I call this simply YOU being a HYPOCRITE. You call it "love."

go figure.

When you have ERADICATED SIN from YOURSELF perhaps you would have a point but of course that has not happened yet so whatever...

In the meantime we see your (a)version of LOVE. This is the ABSOLUTE BEST you can come up with???

You say in effect YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN ME BUT YOU, YOU, YOU will BURN BURN BURN forever in fire by God.

What a jerk you are Poly. I think any common domesticated animal has more LOVE than YOU.

smaller