toldailytopic: Who is the greatest comic book super hero of all-time?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 19th, 2012 02:10 PM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
hero.gif

Superman was the most prominent when I was a child. So he will probably always take 1st place with me.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree with SoD, Tambora, and Delmar. It's got to be Superman.

Lon

KaaaBooOOOooom!!!!
UHHHHGGGG! Thanks a LOT, Knight!
I'll see you all AFTER I pick all my brains off the floor!

Don't mind the mess, folks. Walk around it....nothing to see here.

john w

Hall of Fame
I agree with SoD, Tambora, and Delmar. It's got to be Superman.

"June is Gay Pride Month. Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity."- ebenz47037

Two grown "men," Batman, and Robin, living with each other?

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
I want to say, "Superman, naturally. But I personally like Wonder Woman the bestest."

But the three times I started to write that I couldn't stop there and had to go on about things that irk me when it comes to portrayals of female super heroes and all the...freakin'...stupid...the...Grrr!

So, just Superman. Harumph. :mmph:

But, yeah. Superman's the super hero standard. :up:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Shadow....or Shazam. :eek: When I was a kid I loved the early DC alternate universe stuff....Bobcat and Dr. Fate. Cool beans.

Buzzword

....dude.

Given how much individual superheroes have changed over the years, it's almost impossible to designate one as the "best of all time".

At one point, Superman was a misogynistic fascist, Batman was an incredibly abusive father-figure, Wonder Woman was a slutty housewife with a victim complex, etc etc etc.

It's depended entirely on who was writing the character at a particular time.

There are exceptions to this, of course, such as the cast of Watchmen....or now that I'm thinking about it, pretty much everyone at Marvel Comics.
:D

So, with that in mind, I vote for the Hulk.