Just Arrived

AMDG

I love discussing faith, religion and Scripture, but there are not too many people in this day and age who really enjoy a good discussion of the kind. I ran across this forum, perused it for a while and read the forum rules. This appears to be an interesting place that allows open discussion of views and opinions, meanwhile insisting that charity and decorum rule the day.

I hope to meet some interesting people here....

bybee

I love discussing faith, religion and Scripture, but there are not too many people in this day and age who really enjoy a good discussion of the kind. I ran across this forum, perused it for a while and read the forum rules. This appears to be an interesting place that allows open discussion of views and opinions, meanwhile insisting that charity and decorum rule the day.

I hope you do too! Welcome!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I love discussing faith, religion and Scripture, but there are not too many people in this day and age who really enjoy a good discussion of the kind.
You might be surprised...depending on who you talk to around here. :D

I ran across this forum, perused it for a while and read the forum rules. This appears to be an interesting place that allows open discussion of views and opinions, meanwhile insisting that charity and decorum rule the day.
Mostly. There are a great many angry young newbies roaming the hall lately, but it's a thing that will pass. Always does.

I've been hoping for that since 2007. :plain:

Kidding. :chuckle:

I stopped hoping around 2009. :plain:

Welcome aboard! :e4e:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Well, there goes your daily post average. :plain:

Hey AMDG, you should look here (click on link) for rules and helpful information and here (click on link) for an ongoing interview of established members to get a better insight into some of us as both (and our noggins) continue to expand. :eek:

It also wouldn't kill you, if my humor appeals, to look in here (click on link) now and then.

:e4e:

jwp98

Hi

Is AMDG of Jesuit origin or is that just the context in which I first heard it?

There are some great minds here, classy and diverse.

good evening

AMDG

Hi

Is AMDG of Jesuit origin or is that just the context in which I first heard it?

It is of Jesuit origin, if I am not mistaken. I love the saying. It's a daily reminder for me that my life is to be lived for something far greater than me.