toldailytopic: TheolgyOnline.com website pros and cons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 27th, 2011 10:10 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pros: Highly moderated forum.

Cons: Admin uses an avatar that makes him look like an evil gray haired, bearded man, that smokes a cigar.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pros: Dozens of smart, witty, members post here.

Cons: So much goes on here that it's impossible to keep up with all of it.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
The cons are in the fear of offending others, while the pros is in the ability to learn from a variety of people of various religions, cultures, shapes, sizes. The cons are also in the fact that TOL isn't super duper fancy, or 3D, or full of video chatting. TOL may not permit any kind of topic. However, the pros is that it is worth your time for various reasons. The pros is that TOL is for a pretty good cause, regardless of the cons available.

zippy2006

Pro: Lots of good thought provoking topics and interactions, a challenge to every idea

Con: A strong anti-orthodox tendency that is not at all representative of Christianity as a whole as well as topics and arguments that lead us away from Christ as often as to Him. (it could be a dangerous place for a Christian neophyte who is trying to learn the ropes)

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Pros Conservative Christians can speak their mind and not get squished for it. :)
Staff nice

Cons. ignore feature doesn't completely block troublesome members. They can still post nasty remarks in reps and profile. There are a forum bullies the bully out of sight this way.

Need more mods maybe to watch things.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have never come across a site like this anywhere else.

Ok...full disclosure...I haven't really looked all that hard. :plain:

But that is telling in and of itself. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time spent here. It is easy to beat up one's self about the amount of time spent on the computer (the yard work keeps getting put off :D), but I never feel that way here.

I have learned a great deal from y'all, and my own beliefs and convictions have been strengthened. There are good people here. It isn't often that I meet folks online that I'd like to meet in person, but I've found a great many exceptions in this place.

Knight is a good man, and I'm glad to call him a friend. He takes a difficult job and handles it with careful consideration.

It isn't easy to be serious and say positive things about this topic without coming across as a bit brown in the nose, but I mean what I've said. I really enjoy my time here and God bless all y'all for your fellowship. :e4e:

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pros: Knight owns the board.

Cons: Greenie is a member.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pros: No sick sappy 'Living Avatars"

Cons: Not every one can upload an animated avatar.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pros: No sick sappy 'Living Avatars"

Cons: Not every one can upload an animated avatar.

You also want to avoid any avatar in which you appear to be a gentleman with a beard, smoking a cigar, and sitting in front of a Vegasesque style background.

That's pure evil. :plain:

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You also want to avoid any avatar in which you appear to be a gentleman with a beard, smoking a cigar, and sitting in front of a Vegasesque style background.

That's pure evil. :plain:

Pros: Knight has a cool avatar

Cons: A certain beanie brain started complaining about it. :kookoo:

BTW I will probably be working on an avatar of my internet persona with a cigar. ;)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I like that we are mostly allowed to rebuke evil, and the wolves that disguise themselves as angels of light. The site doesn't have cons per se. Evil will use whatever medium they can to be evil.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've had a certain person who speaks evil really come after me verbally. The gloves have come off because of that individual.

I have a tongue that can wilt roses.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yup I'll have to agree--this site is very addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.