PDA

View Full Version : What is a TruthSmacker?

Knight
May 4th, 2005, 02:04 PM
TheologyOnLine.com is also known as TruthSmack.com. Many have asked... "what is a TruthSmacker"?

"Truthsmacking" is the ability to create a artful, clever, brief, possibly humorous post or thread that delivers truth and rebuts falsehood all while entertaining the reader.

TruthSmacking is not limited to the Christian, although I think it will be painfully obvious that non-believers will have a dramatically smaller arsenal of truth at their disposal.

beanieboy
May 4th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Can you offer what is and isn't TruthSmacking?

For example, is Clete's thread: which would you rather - artful? Clever? Humorous? Does it it deliver any kind of truth and rebut all falsehood?

Knight
May 4th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Can you offer what is and isn't TruthSmacking?No. But I know it when I see it. :)

Poly
May 4th, 2005, 02:10 PM
And if you'd like some examples be sure to take a look at posts by Lion, Crow, Knight, Turbo and Clete. Not that there certainly aren't more as many are truly up and coming around here but these have perfected the art. :D

DEVO
May 4th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Poly smacks with the best of them. :up: I also think Lucky is a pretty good "smacker".

Nineveh, Yorzik, One Eyed Jack also come to mind.

Knight
January 27th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Bump for the new TOL'ers.

ThankYouJesus
January 27th, 2006, 11:42 PM
so far.. sozo..like one after the other, remember his on here since I am new.. have to get to know more people.

Knight
January 27th, 2006, 11:45 PM
so far.. sozo..like one after the other, remember his on here since I am new.. have to get to know more people.Sozo is a great TurthSmacker.

And just wait until Poly and Turbo return!

Poly and Turbo are two of the other TOL admins who have been busy lately but they can smack with the best of them!

Lucky is one of my personal favorites.

Clete rocks.

And I love reading BillyBob when he is smacking the commies. :D

Shalom
January 27th, 2006, 11:54 PM
I like reading Bob b's threads..
Clete is one of my all time favorites too
Billy Bob has dang near made me pee my pants laughing
Knight either has a deadly honest truth smack or a funny one
I really like Truthman and Deardelmar
Vaqureo45 always has good points
Guysmilie makes me laugh
Gosh theres so many great posters on TOL I could easily keep going. There are so many different qualities that people have here and it makes it really fun.

ThankYouJesus
January 28th, 2006, 12:07 AM
your good too Shalom, and oh ya Koban also..

Lighthouse
January 29th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Lighthouse sucks at it, though.:nono::doh:

CRASH
January 29th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Yeah, me to, wanna smoke?

Lighthouse
January 29th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I don't smoke.

CRASH
January 29th, 2006, 07:15 PM
I don't smoke.

Me either, but my Avatar does!

Shalom
February 8th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Yeah, me to, wanna smoke?

CRASH = A definate truthsmacker... :up:

Without Crash who would keep us all in line. :cool:

Shalom
February 8th, 2006, 05:05 PM

Lighthouse fights the good fight too :box: :cool:

allsmiles
February 8th, 2006, 05:10 PM
when i put the mouse cursor over my green boxes it says that i'm a truth smacker.

does that make it so or was it just a cruel trick to get my boyish hopes up?

:(

;)

Shalom
February 8th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Bob Enyart = One Serious Truthsmacker :thumb:

Lighthouse
February 8th, 2006, 07:36 PM
when i put the mouse cursor over my green boxes it says that i'm a truth smacker.

;)
We'll have that fixed for you shortly.:noid:

Knight
February 19th, 2006, 08:53 PM
This thread has been split and the new thread is here (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25916).

Sozo
February 20th, 2006, 11:24 AM
I want to acknowledge some of the exemplary women of TOL...

Poly
Nineveh
cattyfan
ebenz47037
ShadowMaid
anna
The Sibbie
erinmarie
Shalom
karenincolorado
Agape4Robin
Becky

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone, but these women have all done an excellent job of standing firm in the faith, and should be commended for giving an account of the hope that is in them. I know that they are busy, but it is always a joy to hear from these women in the body of Christ.

:BRAVO:

sentientsynth
February 28th, 2006, 09:29 PM
TheologyOnLine.com is also known as TruthSmack.com. Many have asked... "what is a TruthSmacker"?

"Truthsmacking" is the ability to create a artful, clever, brief, possibly humorous post or thread that delivers truth and rebuts falsehood all while entertaining the reader.

TruthSmacking is not limited to the Christian, although I think it will be painfully obvious that non-believers will have a dramatically smaller arsenal of truth at their disposal.

Don't kid yourself, folks. A Truthsmacker is anyone who can simultaneously mimic and entertain a certain clique within TOL. I should know. I was once considered one until my "dissention" became apparent.

Therefore, dissociate within your mind the label "Truthsmacker" and the ernest wrestling for reality. There is no association.

No longer a bonafide TruthSmacker as of 2/28/06,

SS

Sozo
February 28th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Your writing style sure does remind me of someone else... :think:

sentientsynth
March 1st, 2006, 05:23 AM
Yo Sozo,

Your writing style sure does remind me of someone else... :think:

Strangely, this isn't the first time I've gotten this. Rest assured; I'm me. I don't carry any other handles within TOL. Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye.

SS

Catatumba
March 20th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Poly smacks with the best of them. :up: I also think Lucky is a pretty good "smacker".

Nineveh, Yorzik, One Eyed Jack also come to mind.
But Sammy, my boy, you say you want a king; well you shall have one.
That's a para-phrase!! :guitar:

Catatumba
March 20th, 2006, 07:55 PM

Poly
Nineveh
cattyfan
ebenz47037
ShadowMaid
anna
The Sibbie
erinmarie
Shalom
karenincolorado
Agape4Robin
Becky

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone, but these women have all done an excellent job of standing firm in the faith, and should be commended for giving an account of the hope that is in them. I know that they are busy, but it is always a joy to hear from these women in the body of Christ.

As for me...
I kin with Evee. :dog:

karstkid
April 23rd, 2006, 01:19 AM

"Truthsmacking" is a bogus word that was made up by a microscopic minority. It is not in any dictionary. If you "Google" the word it only comes up with this site and CWS Talk. Otherwise, it doesn't exist in the real world. Perhaps a few hundred people might use that word out of 290 million Americans. Come Knight, join the real world and stop inventing bogus words. Is "truthsmacking" a word from the Esperanto or Ebonics language? I think the word for you should be "truthwacking". There, I "wacked" the "truth" to you.

kmoney
April 23rd, 2006, 08:43 AM
Let me translate:

:baby: "I'll never be considered a 'truthsmacker' so I'm going to mock Knight and how they use that term and come up with my own term, 'truthwacker'" :baby:

BillyBob
August 22nd, 2006, 08:14 PM

;)

You still have boyish hopes? They go well with your girlish figure! :darwinsm:

Four O'Clock
November 1st, 2006, 08:16 AM

Poly
Nineveh
cattyfan
ebenz47037
ShadowMaid
anna
The Sibbie
erinmarie
Shalom
karenincolorado
Agape4Robin
Becky

I have always respected and enjoyed cattyfan's posts but I haven't had the time to read most of the others save Poly who is obviously a misguided alien from another planet. :p

Four O'Clock
November 1st, 2006, 08:17 AM
Don't kid yourself, folks. A Truthsmacker is anyone who can simultaneously mimic and entertain a certain clique within TOL. I should know. I was once considered one until my "dissention" became apparent.

Therefore, dissociate within your mind the label "Truthsmacker" and the ernest wrestling for reality. There is no association.

No longer a bonafide TruthSmacker as of 2/28/06,

SS

Great post; couldn't have said it better myself.

P8ntrDan
June 18th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Personally, Stipe cracks me up every time.

But as of recently, I've noticed that Called Out, DXPose, and Maximee are rising stars.

Maximeee
June 18th, 2007, 03:46 PM
:o I'm flattered :)

TOL teaches me SO MUCH!!!

And Truthsmacking is so much fun :chuckle: Getting into these debates forces me to look into Scripture more - thank God for TOL! (And Knight ;))

DXPose
June 18th, 2007, 03:48 PM
But as of recently, I've noticed that Called Out, DXPose, and Maximee are rising stars.

Thanks! I feel so honored to be a TruthSmacker! :BRAVO:

DXPose
June 18th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Bob Enyart = One Serious Truthsmacker :thumb:

Yup - He's been a Great teacher to my family. :thumb:

touched
July 27th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Yup - He's been a Great teacher to my family. :thumb:

while im a fan of truthsmacking i find it sometimes causes my "concience" to remind me sometimes the truth just needs to be spoken in love:angel:

ardenelten
August 4th, 2008, 08:06 PM

Interesting idea. I'm starting to like this forum more already. :o

reena1
August 21st, 2008, 06:15 AM
I took a look at your site and recommend it to my visitors. I agree with you on the importance of becoming valuable in many different areas. I believe that it sustains any entrepreneur during challenges that inevitably occur.
---------------------
Reena
viral marketing

Nick M
August 21st, 2008, 08:03 AM
while im a fan of truthsmacking i find it sometimes causes my "concience" to remind me sometimes the truth just needs to be spoken in love:angel:

Sometimes not all times.

Sherman
November 27th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I'll have to read and watch. Let's see if I qualify as one. I have a caustic mouth.

Perhaps once you have identified a member as a truth smacker, you should put something on their profile that says so.

autumn_trees37
March 16th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I consider myself as a fairly sarcastic individual, so I probably will truthsmack from time to time...

Knight
March 16th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I consider myself as a fairly sarcastic individual, so I probably will truthsmack from time to time...Well that's reassuring.

Sherman
April 24th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Sometimes not all times.

I have come to admire the way the Truth smackers people post. Today everything has become too politically correct. People are too afraid to come right out and say it. It need to be said when someone on the board posts poison and calls himself a Christian. The time for 'love' has passed. If you let the false teacher go his merry way, then he may drag others down with him.

So I differ with people who disapprove of Truth smacking. Deceivers need to be smacked down.

Cleekster
November 12th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Today everything has become too politically correct.
:D

The time for 'love' has passed.

So I differ with people who disapprove of Truth smacking. Deceivers need to be smacked down.

It need to be said when someone on the board posts poison and calls himself a Christian.
:rolleyes: :sigh:.....so what do you suppose we call you then?

Truth Smacking is good so long as it is done in a respectful manner aimed at enlightening a person rather than making them feel worthless.....it isn't so much what you say as how it is said that determines whether or not the other person takes you seriously or not....and if they don't then you just wasted you're time

intojoy
September 19th, 2013, 12:37 AM

RevMAA
December 10th, 2013, 10:23 PM
A lot of people are immune to truth smacking. Some need a truth-elbow smash, or a truth-dropkick.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using TheologyOnline mobile app

Eeset
December 10th, 2013, 10:29 PM
it isn't so much what you say as how it is said that determines whether or not the other person takes you seriously or not....and if they don't then you just wasted you're time
Just noticed this. I can see urine it for the grammer. :)

intojoy
December 10th, 2013, 10:32 PM
A lot of people are immune to truth smacking. Some need a truth-elbow smash, or a truth-dropkick.

Lol revmma

IMJerusha
December 11th, 2013, 01:04 PM

Please see Town Heretic's Christmas Season Pledge thread! :)

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97526

I drank what?
April 12th, 2015, 11:10 AM

it is a art :juggle:

chrysostom
April 12th, 2015, 11:32 AM
the ability to create a artful, clever, brief, possibly humorous post or thread that delivers truth and rebuts falsehood all while entertaining the reader.

I thought we were talking about tol

GusRowland
December 19th, 2016, 01:22 PM
This could be enlightening and entertaining..glad I know what to expect a lil of now.. :)

jman
March 27th, 2017, 09:23 AM
I don't know if I'm a truthsmacker, I'm not an atheist, I was raised Catholic but am open to all religions. Just want to share my thots.

Sent from my SM-G935T using TOL mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=78367)

mtermin
July 4th, 2018, 12:44 PM
I have come to admire the way the Truth smackers people post. Today everything has become too politically correct. People are too afraid to come right out and say it. It need to be said when someone on the board posts poison and calls himself a Christian. The time for 'love' has passed. If you let the false teacher go his merry way, then he may drag others down with him.

I agree with you 100% we can not allow false teaching to go on without first calling them out into the light

Sent from my iPad using TOL (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=78367)