New Here Already Complaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatkat

Apparently there are a lot of basic functions that are locked out to new users and just maybe there is some kind of pay scale to unlock features?

That's so completely lame - PHPBB is free - I guess they need to make money somehow. HO HUM SIGH

Last edited:

ragTagblues

What you fail to understand is that the administrator of this site pays for much out of his own pocket and generally asks little from us . . .

If you don't like it buzz off!

fatkat

What you fail to understand is that the administrator of this site pays for much out of his own pocket and generally asks little from us . . .

Wow you're adorable with your rudeness.

My first communication with someone here I guess that shows the level of people we're working with. LOL :third: :toad:

Hey, Guess what. I am a web developer. I know it doesn't cost money to access basic features! vBulletin is cheap. The cost comes from 1) bandwidth/hosting 2) maintenance. Trust me, this dudes raking it in even if he has only several hundred paying users. You can get enough bandwidth to handle this site for less than $300 a month and setup and maintaining a forum site takes so little time and effort (the last time I created a commercial PHPbb site it took me a grand total of 2.5 hours to complete).

Obviously to incentivize a pay scale you have got to cut some features out, but chat? That's insane to cut that out.

Sorry you had to get butt hurt because I'm smarter than you lols

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

My first communication with someone here I guess that shows the level of people we're working with. LOL :third: :toad:

Hey, Guess what. I am a web developer. I know it doesn't cost money to access basic features! vBulletin is cheap. The cost comes from 1) bandwidth/hosting 2) maintenance. Trust me, this dudes raking it in even if he has only several hundred paying users. You can get enough bandwidth to handle this site for less than $300 a month and setup and maintaining a forum site takes so little time and effort (the last time I created a commercial PHPbb site it took me a grand total of 2.5 hours to complete).

Obviously to incentivize a pay scale you have got to cut some features out, but chat? That's insane to cut that out.

Calm down, matey. There's a two week and 50 post stand-down until your account upgrades (for free). Or, like the rude guy said, you can buy a subscription and forego the wait.

Or you could buzz off as well, I guess. :think:

But don't do that. We've hardly gotten to know you. :)

bybee

Aren't you special....

yeshuaslavejeff

??? ... according to the published statistics, t-online makes $66 per day just from the ads.... so what exactly, or generally even, is he out ???

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
??? ... according to the published statistics, t-online makes $66 per day just from the ads.... so what exactly, or generally even, is he out ???
I wish!

Not sure where you got your "stats" but trust me when I tell you that's not even close to accurate. Maybe it's an estimate based on our traffic but since we are a theology site our ads dramatically under perform cell phone ring-tone and car insurance ads. :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Apparently there are a lot of basic functions that are locked out to new users and just maybe there is some kind of pay scale to unlock features?

That's so completely lame - PHPBB is free - I guess they need to make money somehow. HO HUM SIGH
We disallow new members full functionality as a means to thwart spammers. We have been operating this website since 1997 so we do know a thing or two about running a quality online community.

However... if you don't like our style feel free to find another web forum to participate on. You wont find any twisted arms here.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Man. Then you should immediately start your own and begin raking in that huge pile of cash...:think: Is that how cash is supposed to smell? :shocked:

Imagine how much you'll be making when all your friend (yeah, I know) and family members come around to see what hilarity and insight you've managed that day. :plain:

What's the over/under on this being a two and done? :eek:

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Wow you're adorable...

No, YOU'RE adorable. If you want to comment about your intelligence, please do it in a sentence with no E-abbreviations and use proper punctuation. In the event you do stick around for awhile, that one little tip will save you lots of grief.

If you decide you're too smart and too big a web designer/ Steve Jobs wannabe, :wave2:. Adios.

WizardofOz

:idunno: Web designers are a dime a dozen.

It's like someone saying "I'm a musician" because they are awesome at Guitar Hero.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned

You obviously caught rTb when he was "in need" of getting hiiiiiiiigh. (he get's testy when he's "in need").

Normally the TOL welcoming committee consists of an atheist known as Granite, but he must be out checking his trust fund account.

Welcome to TOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.