PDA

View Full Version : Napoleon Dynamite

Knight
December 30th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Thoughts?

Wamba
December 30th, 2004, 08:57 PM
I've heard it's funny, but haven't seen it.

Knight
December 30th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Lucky

I've been wanting to see it! Just haven't got around to it yet. Lucky.... one of the main reasons I started this thread was to see what you thought of the movie.

Knight
December 30th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Wamba the Fool

I've heard it's funny, but haven't seen it. It isn't for everyone.

But I thought it was hilarious!

It also has little (if any) profanities, no nudity or crude sexual humor.

Just good ol' bizarre humor!

ShadowMaid
December 30th, 2004, 09:04 PM
I didn't like it. I thought it was dumb. And what's up the the vote counts?!

Knight
December 30th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by ShadowMaid

I didn't like it. I thought it was dumb. And what's up the the vote counts?! What?

Knight
December 30th, 2004, 09:07 PM

I didn't like it. I thought it was dumb. And what's up the the vote counts?! I have heard it said that if you don't laugh at Napoleon you might BE a Napoleon. :D

Wamba
December 30th, 2004, 09:07 PM
it says there's been 36851 votes. :confused:

Knight
December 30th, 2004, 09:08 PM

it says there's been 36851 votes. :confused: Are you doubting that number???

Wamba
December 30th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Knight

Are you doubting that number???

Not necessarily. Just seems really high.

ShadowMaid
December 30th, 2004, 09:11 PM

I have heard it said that if you don't laugh at Napoleon you might BE a Napoleon. :D

Heaven help me if I am!

... But I doubt it.

Knight
December 30th, 2004, 09:33 PM

Heaven help me if I am!

... But I doubt it. :think:

ShadowMaid
December 30th, 2004, 09:34 PM
What's the smilie for?

Knight
December 30th, 2004, 09:37 PM

What's the smilie for? :noid:

ShadowMaid
December 30th, 2004, 09:39 PM
:sibbie:

Knight
December 30th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Napoleon Dynamite: Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.

ShadowMaid
December 30th, 2004, 09:49 PM
:doh:

Knight
December 30th, 2004, 10:25 PM

:doh: What did the rest of your family think of the movie?

ShadowMaid
December 30th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Stupid, booooring. Same thing.

Knight
December 30th, 2004, 10:26 PM

Stupid, booooring. Same thing. :(

ShadowMaid
December 30th, 2004, 10:31 PM
No need for sorrow.

SOTK
December 30th, 2004, 10:32 PM
I haven't seen it yet although I've read the back of the DVD cover at the Vid Store. It doesn't look like my type of movie, but I may reconsider.

Knight
December 30th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by SOTK

I haven't seen it yet although I've read the back of the DVD cover at the Vid Store. It doesn't look like my type of movie, but I may reconsider. It has a really funny screen play.

The dialogue and the acting is strangly realistic in a "nerdy" sort of way.

Don: Hey, Napoleon. What did you do last summer again?

Napoleon Dynamite: I told you! I spent it with my uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines!

Don: Did you shoot any?

Napoleon Dynamite: Yes, like 50 of 'em! They kept trying to attack my cousins, what the heck would you do in a situation like that?

Don: What kind of gun did you use?

Napoleon Dynamite: A freakin' 12-gauge, what do you think?

logos_x
December 30th, 2004, 10:56 PM
I voted however I wanted to!

GOSH!!!

Prisca
December 31st, 2004, 12:38 AM
I thought it was hilarious! It had a strangely nostalgic feeling about it, as though I'd lived it...and I've never even been to Idaho.

Napoleon Dynamite: Grandma just called and said you're supposed to go home.

Uncle Rico: She didn't tell me anything.

Napoleon Dynamite: Too bad, she said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.

Slippery Mongoose
December 31st, 2004, 02:13 AM

:nono: That's just not right....

I voted hilarious! :thumb:

Prisca
December 31st, 2004, 02:19 AM

Oh yeah? Are you from Idaho or something like that? Gosh!

Slippery Mongoose
December 31st, 2004, 02:26 AM
Hahaha.... that movie is great.

Napoleon: Stay home and eat all the freakin' chips, Kip.

Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day.
Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

Napoleon: Since when, Kip? You have the worst reflexes of all time.

Kip: Try and hit me, Napoleon.

Napoleon: What?

Kip: I said come down here and see what happens if you try and hit me.

ShadowMaid
December 31st, 2004, 01:40 PM
:chuckle:

I knew you two (Becky and SM) would be coming to get me.

Knight
December 31st, 2004, 07:51 PM
Rex: At Rex Kwan Do, we use the buddy system. No more flying solo. You need somebody watching your back at all times. Second off, you're gonna learn to discipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here?
[points to Napoleon]
Rex: Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it. Last off, my students will learn about self respect. You think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it!

Lucky
December 31st, 2004, 08:12 PM

Lucky.... one of the main reasons I started this thread was to see what you thought of the movie.
Gosh! I bought the DVD and watched it. Flippin' hilarious! :D

Slippery Mongoose
December 31st, 2004, 09:16 PM
Yeah... go Lucky! :cool:

Napoleon: This is pretty much the worst video ever made.
Kip: Napoleon, like anyone can even know that.
Uncle Rico: You know what, Napoleon? You can leave.
Napoleon: You guys are retarded!

Turbo
January 9th, 2005, 10:45 PM

Thoughts? How much you wanna bet I can throw this football over them mountains?

Turbo
January 9th, 2005, 10:50 PM

Napoleon Dynamite: Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. That is the funniest "current events" report ever.

"Lake Loch Ness" :doh:

Turbo
January 9th, 2005, 10:55 PM

it says there's been 36851 votes. :confused: So? I could get that many votes in like five minutes.

Neo01
January 17th, 2005, 05:09 PM
It didnt have much of a story line but it had some funny parts

the Sibbie
January 17th, 2005, 05:24 PM
That's definitely a DVD we need to add to our collection!

Eowyn
January 17th, 2005, 06:32 PM
I just saw it the other day and it cracked me up:darwinsm: I love off the wall movies and this one was awesome!:up: So funny!

Poly
January 17th, 2005, 07:05 PM

Thoughts?

What do you think?

Lucky
January 17th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Eowyn

I just saw it the other day and it cracked me up:darwinsm: I love off the wall movies and this one was awesome!:up: So funny!
Woohoo! Another ND fan. :D

Wamba
February 4th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Okay, finally saw it about a week ago and thought it was hilarious. :darwinsm:

"Tina! Come get some ham!

the Sibbie
February 4th, 2005, 10:02 AM

Okay, finally saw it about a week ago and thought it was hilarious. :darwinsm:

"Tina! Come get some ham! Turbo and I have went to see that movie with some a group of friends. One of his buddies has a wife named Tina, so you can imagine the comments she gets all the time. Poor girl.

Their quote is a different one, though: "Tina, you fat lard, come get your dinner!"

Turbo
February 4th, 2005, 11:02 AM
I posted a picture of Tina in the "Guess what Knight is going to do" thread last night. :chuckle:

Thia
February 4th, 2005, 11:07 AM
I love love love Napolean Dynamite

NP: You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Gosh!

Eowyn
February 4th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by the Sibbie

Turbo and I have went to see that movie with some a group of friends. One of his buddies has a wife named Tina, so you can imagine the comments she gets all the time. Poor girl.

Their quote is a different one, though: "Tina, you fat lard, come get your dinner!"

Aww, poor thing!:(

BillyBob
February 4th, 2005, 11:27 AM
I thought it was funny the first time, but I liked it even better the second time around.

Redfin
February 4th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Finally saw it two nights ago. Destined to be a classic. Flippin'! :jeffrson:

Knight
February 4th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by BillyBob

I thought it was funny the first time, but I liked it even better the second time around. Its even better the 20th time. :D

Wamba
May 1st, 2005, 09:20 PM
I just yesterday bought Napoleon Dynamite on DVD. :Party: :Party: :Party:

Yorzhik
May 1st, 2005, 11:00 PM
Just to set the record straight; I thought it was basically boring with a few good laughs. But stories of 1)bratty kids 2)disfunctional families 3)time travel and most "Christian movies" (all of them being CV) are just things that turn me off to a movie.

I got to admit though, Kip having the guts to sing that song and Napolean riding up on a horse was fipp'in hilarious.

I still love technology.

Knight
May 1st, 2005, 11:09 PM
3)time travel and most "Christian movies" (all of them being CV) are just things that turn me off to a movie.Uh..... you do realize they didn't actually time travel right?

Ninjashadow
May 2nd, 2005, 12:35 AM
How do you get it being a "christian movie?" I know many christians like it, but I wouldn't call it a "christian movie."
I thought it was a very good movie and enjoyed it. What was up with his boots?

Ninjashadow
May 2nd, 2005, 12:36 AM
Just to set the record straight; I thought it was basically boring with a few good laughs. But stories of 1)bratty kids 2)disfunctional families 3)time travel and most "Christian movies" (all of them being CV) are just things that turn me off to a movie.

I still love technology.

Are you sure you weren't thinking of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure?

HisLight
May 2nd, 2005, 07:21 AM
Thoughts?

Doesn't thinking defeat the whole purpose of this movie?

I do have one question for everyone whether you liked it or not. Why/how is it that so much of the dialogue is so easily quoted? I am not one to memorize movie dialoge and still some of this movie is stuck in my head.

Delmar
May 2nd, 2005, 07:47 AM
My son watched it 2 or 3 times and he was really hard to be around for a few weeks. I saw about 10 min of it and thought it was pretty funny but my wife hates it so bad that I am not going to subject her to one more minute of it. So if I do ever get a chance to watch it it's going to be when she's not around.

MrsDearDelmar
May 2nd, 2005, 08:16 AM
Okay, it wasn't the dumbest movie ever! I did laugh, but my 16 year old son drove me so crazy 30 minutes into it I had to go to the other room. Although, Big D and I are going to rent it the week before the kids fly to Texas so they can drive their family there crazy!!! I admit, I would like to watch it all the way through now. We told a friend of ours about it and he had to go and buy it with out even seeing it!

BillyBob
May 2nd, 2005, 09:59 AM
It seems more like a guys movie to me. I don't think Mrs. BillyBob was all that impressed with it.....

Wamba
May 2nd, 2005, 10:03 AM
What was up with his boots?

They're moon boots! (http://www.moonboot.us/images%5Cs%5Ctecnica_moon-boots_flash-black.jpg)

Ninjashadow
May 2nd, 2005, 10:10 AM
Doesn't thinking defeat the whole purpose of this movie?

I do have one question for everyone whether you liked it or not. Why/how is it that so much of the dialogue is so easily quoted? I am not one to memorize movie dialoge and still some of this movie is stuck in my head.

That's because the dialogue came across as so natural. It's stuck in your head because the characters said things that we've all probably said, in one form or another, hundreds of times before.

Ninjashadow
May 2nd, 2005, 10:11 AM
They're moon boots! (http://www.moonboot.us/images%5Cs%5Ctecnica_moon-boots_flash-black.jpg)

I thought they kind of looked like snow boots.

JoyfulRook
May 2nd, 2005, 10:15 AM
It seems more like a guys movie to me. I don't think Mrs. BillyBob was all that impressed with it..... My mom watched ten minutes, and said that it was the stupidest movie she'd ever seen. My dad, my brother, and I, all loved it though!

Yorzhik
May 2nd, 2005, 10:17 AM
Uh..... you do realize they didn't actually time travel right?
Okay, so that was another funny part I didn't even remember was in ND.

I was just saying in general the things that turn me off to a movie.

And here's another one: characters that go out of character! I really hate this one because just one scene where an established character does something that they wouldn't possibly do if they were real ruins everything. Also, when stock characters are used - for instance, soldiers - hollywood cannot seem to make them like soldiers that actually exist

BillyBob
May 2nd, 2005, 10:20 AM
Voters: 109089. You have already voted on this poll

It looks as though nearly everyone at TOL voted in this poll.

Imrahil
May 2nd, 2005, 10:31 AM

I got to admit though, Kip having the guts to sing that song and Napolean riding up on a horse was fipp'in hilarious.

I still love technology.
It was made by mormons so it isn't really a christian movie.

Ninjashadow
May 2nd, 2005, 10:32 AM
I was made by mormons so it isn't really a christian movie.

What does your parents being mormon have to do with the movie being a christian one or not?

Knight
May 2nd, 2005, 10:39 AM
I would certainly not call Napoleon Dynamite a Christian movie.

That being said, the movie had nothing profane in it whatsoever. No cussing, no nudity, no sexual references, no homo themes nothing! Just good clean fun.

Another cool thing about the movie was it was made on a shoestring budget yet was able to bring in millions of dollars. Napoleon Dynamite sent a message to Hollywood that movies that appeal to the younger crowds do not have to be filled with sex, language or violence (no that I oppose violent movies).

Yet on the other hand it was pretty violent when uncle Rico hit Napoleon Dynamite in the face with a steak. :)

Knight
May 2nd, 2005, 10:43 AM
Why/how is it that so much of the dialogue is so easily quoted? I am not one to memorize movie dialoge and still some of this movie is stuck in my head.Actually the dialogue is what makes the movie so funny.

The dialogue was brilliantly crafted to carry the movie and make it funny in a realistic and subtle way.

Ninjashadow
May 2nd, 2005, 10:45 AM
One thing that I like about this movie was that it was not the typical claptrap that hollywood spews out of its whoremouth, the greedy soulless remakes of movies that weren't any good the first time around, and showed that people can like a movie that hasn't been done a hundred times before.

Yorzhik
May 2nd, 2005, 10:53 AM
Are you sure you weren't thinking of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure?
I listed things that I get bugged about in movies in general, not everything I listed was specific to ND.

Ninjashadow
May 2nd, 2005, 10:54 AM
I know, I was just being...well, me.

Yorzhik
May 2nd, 2005, 11:00 AM
I was made by mormons so it isn't really a christian movie.
I know ND was not a Christian movie.

On Fire
May 2nd, 2005, 11:35 AM
Finally saw it. I smiled through almost the whole thing but rarely laughed out loud.

MrsDearDelmar
May 2nd, 2005, 11:36 AM
Our church had a guys high school overnight and thought it was clean enough to play there!

Knight
May 2nd, 2005, 11:49 AM
Finally saw it. I smiled through almost the whole thing but rarely laughed out loud.You will begin laughing louder out loud on each successive viewing.

Imrahil
May 2nd, 2005, 12:20 PM
What does your parents being mormon have to do with the movie being a christian one or not?
:doh: Thanks.

Imrahil
May 2nd, 2005, 12:21 PM
I know ND was not a Christian movie.
Oh ok. Carry on.

JoyfulRook
May 2nd, 2005, 01:29 PM
Voters: 109090. You have already voted on this poll

Was Knight doing some tests on this poll?

Caledvwlch
May 2nd, 2005, 01:37 PM
Was Knight doing some tests on this poll?
Yeah, that's like 60,000 more votes than TOL has members...

JoyfulRook
May 2nd, 2005, 01:43 PM
Yeah. That's really weird.

RiotGurl
May 2nd, 2005, 02:08 PM
It seems more like a guys movie to me. I don't think Mrs. BillyBob was all that impressed with it.....

It is so not a guys movie, I'm a chic, and I think it's flippin' awesome!!! :)

BillyBob
May 2nd, 2005, 02:11 PM
My mistake.

MrsDearDelmar
May 2nd, 2005, 02:22 PM
Hey BillyBob, You might want to check out Deardelmar's newest thread!!! GGGRRRRR!!!

RiotGurl
May 2nd, 2005, 02:33 PM
Oh yeah its still awesome

Caledvwlch
May 2nd, 2005, 03:41 PM
We're into the millions on votes now... I'm scared. :shocked:

Knight
May 2nd, 2005, 03:43 PM
We're into the millions on votes now... I'm scared. :shocked:Amazing isn't it?

Lovejoy
May 2nd, 2005, 03:44 PM
How in the heck is this server handling that kind of traffic?! They must of hacked into the Amercan Idol vote system! Actually, that would explain a great deal about the voting on American Idol.

Turbo
June 24th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Bump for allsmiles.

lucybelle
June 24th, 2005, 12:55 PM
To be honest - I would have thought it the worst movie I'd seen in years EXCEPT for the dance. The dance made all the rest of it bareable. If he hadn't danced - I would have hated it.

allsmiles
June 24th, 2005, 01:02 PM
To be honest - I would have thought it the worst movie I'd seen in years EXCEPT for the dance. The dance made all the rest of it bareable. If he hadn't danced - I would have hated it.

Hate's such a strong word...

Oh, Knight, Turbo, someone, could you delete my Napoleon Dynamite thread? I feel like a total boob for having started one, I didn't even spell Napoleon right. As if I don't give people around here enough reason to think I'm daft...

Turbo
June 24th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Oh, Knight, Turbo, someone, could you delete my Napoleon Dynamite thread?
Done.

allsmiles
June 24th, 2005, 01:16 PM
thank you!

lucybelle
June 25th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Hate's such a strong word...

Yea...I know, but still, it's such an accuate word at times...

I guess my main issue with the film is just personal taste - I kept waiting for the storyline to develop and noticed too late that there really WASN'T a storyline.

It scares me that so many people can love a film that's just basically a day in the life of...

HisLight
June 25th, 2005, 09:55 AM
You mean its sort of like that tv show about the stand up comic Seinfeld?

lucybelle
June 25th, 2005, 10:10 AM
No no no - Seinfeld had characters that everyone could relate to - I just couldn't find that match in Napoleon Dynamite.

Knight
June 25th, 2005, 02:43 PM
No no no - Seinfeld had characters that everyone could relate to - I just couldn't find that match in Napoleon Dynamite.Not even in Summer Wheatley?????

Turbo
June 25th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Not even in Summer Wheatley?????
:darwinsm:

SOTK
June 25th, 2005, 09:59 PM
I still have never seen this movie! :angel:

I keep hearing mixed reviews. Either people say it's cool or they absolutely hated it. I'm really going to have to find out for myself one of these days.

Army of One
June 25th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Well, after reading this thread earlier today, I had to go out and rent Napoleon Dynamite. I'm kind of mixed on what I thought of it. I definitely wouldn't rate it as a favorite movie, but there were some really funny parts in it. Uncle Rico was awesome. At least I'm now starting to understand some of the avatars used on TOL (Turbo, Wamba, etc.). :D

Turbo
June 26th, 2005, 08:07 AM
You should watch it again before you return it. A lot of people like it even better the second time through.

allsmiles
June 27th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Turbo, the second time around thing is totally true. Almost everyone I know who loves it (except for my mom) said that they didn't like it the first time but that the second time won them over.

Lucy,

I guess my main issue with the film is just personal taste - I kept waiting for the storyline to develop and noticed too late that there really WASN'T a storyline.

It scares me that so many people can love a film that's just basically a day in the life of...

Not everything can be Beauty and the Beast;)

lucybelle
June 27th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Lucy,

Not everything can be Beauty and the Beast;)

*gasp*

Hey!
I know that "not everything can be Beauty and the Beast" - it's not like Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie or anything - geesh.

I just don't care much for films that don't go anywhere - so there.

Turbo
June 27th, 2005, 06:05 PM
it's not like Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie or anything.:confused:

lucybelle
June 27th, 2005, 07:00 PM
:confused:

ok ok ok - maybe it WAS my favorite movie, but things have changed - LOTR's came out and...well...

you know.

the Sibbie
June 27th, 2005, 07:48 PM

That's how I felt about Garden State. But some people really like that.

N.D. had a lot of weird humor in it, but I found it far more entertaining than the immorality displayed in Garden State (which somehow was supposed to be a drama/comedy, I think).

lucybelle
June 27th, 2005, 08:06 PM
That's how I felt about Garden State. But some people really like that.

N.D. had a lot of weird humor in it, but I found it far more entertaining than the immorality displayed in Garden State (which somehow was supposed to be a drama/comedy, I think).

woah girl, I hear ya!
Garden State = Horrible let down!

I remember waiting to laugh, or even think it was mildly humorous - didn't happen.

allsmiles
June 28th, 2005, 08:02 AM
*gasp*

Hey!
I know that "not everything can be Beauty and the Beast" - it's not like Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie or anything - geesh.

I just don't care much for films that don't go anywhere - so there.

All right, I'll take your word for it...

...this time.

As for movies not going anywhere, have you ever seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre? jk.

You don't look like a LOTR fan.

Turbo
June 28th, 2005, 08:07 AM
ok ok ok - maybe it WAS my favorite movie, but things have changed - LOTR's came out and...well...

you know.
Should I change your username to LucyBilbo?

:nono:

lucybelle
June 28th, 2005, 08:38 AM
All right, I'll take your word for it...

...this time.

As for movies not going anywhere, have you ever seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre? jk.

You don't look like a LOTR fan.

Should I have pointy ears for ya?

What does a LOTR's fan look like??

lucybelle
June 28th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Should I change your username to LucyBilbo?

:nono:

hehe...

How 'bout Lucywen?
Just kidding here Hades - don't change my name - please.

allsmiles
June 28th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Should I have pointy ears for ya?

What does a LOTR's fan look like??

LOL. I can't see your ears in your avatar, as far as I know you have pointy ears and horns.

lucybelle
June 28th, 2005, 09:27 AM
LOL. I can't see your ears in your avatar, as far as I know you have pointy ears and horns.

HORNS?!?!
Huh uh.

That's a negative.

However, I've got this ring I wear, makes me invisible, all powerful, you get the picture....

allsmiles
June 28th, 2005, 09:42 AM
HORNS?!?!
Huh uh.

That's a negative.

However, I've got this ring I wear, makes me invisible, all powerful, you get the picture....

Something tells me you don't need to wear a ring to be all powerful;)

Once again, I'll take your word for it when it comes to the horns.

Not letting you slide again.

lucybelle
June 28th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Something tells me you don't need to wear a ring to be all powerful;)

Once again, I'll take your word for it when it comes to the horns.

Not letting you slide again.

*blushes*
aww goodness...thanks for keeping me in line ;)

allsmiles
June 28th, 2005, 11:43 AM
*blushes*
aww goodness...thanks for keeping me in line ;)

Anytime darlin', keep me posted.

Doo Dah
June 30th, 2005, 05:43 PM
This movie is an insult to moviemaking. It has no plot, doesn't really seem to start at the beginning, and is not funny. The action figure out the window part is ALL I liked, and that's because I always wanted to do it when I was younger. ;]
~Jillian

Turbo
July 16th, 2005, 10:14 PM
The action figure out the window part is ALL I liked...
Then you're sure to love these (http://www.spawn.com/toys/series.aspx?series=296).

HisLight
July 28th, 2005, 09:20 AM
This movie is an insult to moviemaking. It has no plot, doesn't really seem to start at the beginning, and is not funny. The action figure out the window part is ALL I liked, and that's because I always wanted to do it when I was younger. ;]
~Jillian

Is it worse than a movie that intended to have a plot and fails badly?

Pedro offers you his protection.

SOTK
September 12th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Okay, I finally watched this movie. Although there were a few parts where I laughed out loud, I really didn't get why this movie is so popular with some of you. I wouldn't say I hated it, but I didn't quite enjoy it either. I thought it was pretty stupid actually. I guess it just doesn't appeal to my sense of humor. Airplane, Caddy Shack, or other types of comedies like these are more my speed and/or sense of humor. :)

Anyways, that's my two cents!

BillyBob
September 12th, 2005, 05:33 PM
I liked this movie the first time I watched it but it was funnier the second and third time.

Knight
September 12th, 2005, 08:43 PM
I liked this movie the first time I watched it but it was funnier the second and third time.It's even more funny the 100th time. :D

Mr. 5020
September 12th, 2005, 10:35 PM
It's even more funny the 100th time. :D:chuckle:

HisLight
September 12th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Even funnier to see Chip play a murderer on Reno 911.

Army of One
September 12th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Even funnier to see Chip play a murderer on Reno 911.:chuckle:

Lighthouse
September 12th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Well, I finally saw he movie. And I don't lean one way or the other. It was just a movie.

patman
July 16th, 2007, 11:50 PM
I like your sleeves, they're real big.

Adam
July 18th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Who rigged the poll? Why are there hundreds of thousands of votes?

Mim...
July 18th, 2007, 04:24 AM
Well, the thread is 2 and a half years old, so maybe nobody.

Mim...
July 18th, 2007, 04:26 AM
Oh wait.... with only 2,096 views? :doh:

sentientsynth
July 22nd, 2007, 08:48 AM
Flippin sweet.

FellowServant
August 13th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Ok, I have to admit that after reading this thread we went to the library and rented this DVD. My daughter (14) had seen it before. She hated it. Well, I thought this was flippin' hilarious!!! And I noticed my daughter laughed most of the way through it.. but she wouldn't admit that!

You have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hookin' up with chicks. And plus, you are like the only guy in school who has a moustache. :crackup:

Knight
August 13th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Ok, I have to admit that after reading this thread we went to the library and rented this DVD. My daughter (14) had seen it before. She hated it. Well, I thought this was flippin' hilarious!!! And I noticed my daughter laughed most of the way through it.. but she wouldn't admit that!

You have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hookin' up with chicks. And plus, you are like the only guy in school who has a moustache. :crackup: Really? It took me like three hours to finish the shading on your upper lip. It's probably the best drawing I've ever done.

Servo
August 14th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Really? It took me like three hours to finish the shading on your upper lip. It's probably the best drawing I've ever done.

You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo staff.

FellowServant
August 14th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Ummm.. hello. Would you like to look like this?

:chuckle:

Stripe
August 14th, 2007, 09:08 AM
OH WAIT!!! I HAVE seen that movie!!!

It was captivating! I loved it. But I didn't see the start so missed the title....

PS. Can I change my vote? Will that affect the oh so delicately poised vote-count?