Knight's pick 07-26-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Awesome stuff!

My climb of Mount Moriah began back in the mid 1980's when I decided to give the bible a thorough reading. I didn't get very far. It was boring, silly, and way too long for me to give it much attention. I was appalled at the story of Abraham and the near sacrifice of his son, Isaac on Mount Moriah! It wasn't long before I tucked it away and forgot about it.

About ten years later, I heard a TV talk show host explain that the story of Abraham and Isaac was a symbolic "prefiguration" of Christ's sacrifice. When he mentioned that these two events occurred on the same mountain, Mount Moriah, I just about fell on the floor. I'd never heard that before! Either the TV host was wrong or this was more than a coincidence. A chill came over me and I felt I needed to verify this story.

The next day, I went out and bought an NKJV and started "climbing" Mt Moriah for myself. The pieces of the puzzle began to come together and I was blown away. How could Christ have manipulated events so that His sacrifice would fulfill the prophecy of Isaac's "near death experience"?

I soon learned that Mount Moriah is an incredibly important place throughout the bible! A few months after my climb began, I professed my faith in Christ. I have read the bible many times since then and find it far from boring, silly, or too long!

Here are some interesting places to stop as you climb Mount Moriah:

Genesis 22:1-19
1 Chronicles 21:15, 22
2 Chronicles 3:1
Matthew 27:32-34
Mark 15:21-23
John 19:16-18

:first:

Status
Not open for further replies.