PDA

View Full Version : 2004 TOL Fantasy Football League

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

drbrumley
July 9th, 2004, 04:32 AM
To all TOL'ers,

It gives me great joy to introduce this year's TheologyOnline/TruthSmack Fantasy Football League 2004.

This league is open to all members of TheologyOnline/TruthSmack.com

If you want to join the league, please email me. The address is drbrumley@gatorzone.com or just post here and I will PM you for information to send the invitation to your email.

(Note: All of last year's teams need not request an invitation. Your team name and email address are still located at our league homepage. All rosters from last year have been deleted. If you have trouble logging on or forgot your username or password, let me know so I can fix it for you.)

So buckle up, and start the trash talking. It's finally here.

I will create a rules thread so everyone can see and no misunderstandings happen.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL

BillyBob
July 9th, 2004, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by drbrumley

I will create a rules thread so everyone can see and no misunderstandings happen.

Are you taking bets on that? :eek:

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL

:sozo: Sozo is going down!

Sozo
July 9th, 2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by BillyBob

:BillyBob: is down low!

BillyBob
July 9th, 2004, 06:18 AM
:mrt:

Jefferson
July 9th, 2004, 08:04 AM
I'm in.

Did you give any consideration to my suggestion about weekly roster changes? I'll even do all the leg work adding up the scores of each game!

Mr. 5020
July 9th, 2004, 08:33 AM
I want in this season.

Jefferson
July 9th, 2004, 09:11 AM
My suggestion is that any team can have any player any week, even if the other team you're playing already has some of those same players. This will require all team owners to really pay attention to each NFL team's strengths and weaknesses every week instead of just picking players the first week of the season and then just sitting back and watching how it all pans out the rest of the year . . . :yawn:

drbrumley
July 9th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Check your PM Box Jefferson.

drbrumley
July 9th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Mr. 5020

I want in this season.

:thumb:

Glad to have you in the league. I will PM you soon to get your email address so I can send an invitation to you.

drbrumley
July 9th, 2004, 10:02 AM

Are you taking bets on that? :eek:

No bets on misunderstandings.:nono:

Didnt you say he was going down last year as well.:chuckle:

drbrumley
July 9th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Sozo

:BillyBob: is down low! :flamer:

BillyBob
July 9th, 2004, 10:07 AM

Didnt you say he was going down last year as well.:chuckle:

You didn't see him in the locker room........:angel:

drbrumley
July 9th, 2004, 10:08 AM

You didn't see him in the locker room........:angel:

OUCH!!!!

Sozo
July 9th, 2004, 10:08 AM

You didn't see him in the locker room........:angel: He stays away from the cheerleaders.

drbrumley
July 9th, 2004, 10:14 AM

He stays away from the cheerleaders.

Thats why he was looking at us funny?

:think:

BillyBob
July 9th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Yeah, you guys don't look so good in those short skirts. :vomit:

drbrumley
July 9th, 2004, 10:17 AM

Yeah, you guys don't look so good in those short skirts. :vomit: :noway:

Sozo
July 9th, 2004, 10:34 AM

Yeah, you guys don't look so good in those short skirts. :vomit:

Then why did you send me this picture of yourself?

Lucky
July 9th, 2004, 10:45 AM
So does it cost anything? :greedy:

Knight
July 9th, 2004, 10:50 AM
I am in!

Don't let anyone in the league that doesn't really wanna play!

BillyBob
July 9th, 2004, 10:54 AM

Then why did you send me this picture of yourself?

Because I knew you would like it. :kiss:

Sozo
July 9th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Knight

I am in!

Don't let anyone in the league that doesn't really wanna play!

Or is no competition to me, (except Knight, of course). :chuckle:

drbrumley
July 9th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Lucky

So does it cost anything? :greedy:

No!

If you want to give to help fray the cost, you can but its not mandatory.

elected4ever
July 9th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Make all checks payable to e4e!:devil: :devil: :chuckle:

BillyBob
July 9th, 2004, 11:06 AM

Or is no competition to me, (except Knight, of course). :chuckle:

I beat you last year. I also ended the season with a higher average than you [I maintained the highest seasonal average]. :bannana:

I'm in!!! :D

Sozo
July 9th, 2004, 11:11 AM

I beat you last year. I also ended the season with a higher average than you [I maintained the highest seasonal average]. :bannana:

I'm in!!! :D

Who won the league? Who was champion of the world? Who is more handsome?

Uh uh, that's right... it's Sozo!

elected4ever
July 9th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Ridge Runners rule this year!

drbrumley
July 9th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Please cast your Vote on this THREAD. (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15342)

Thank you.

elected4ever
July 9th, 2004, 12:03 PM
I don't think it is fair that one or two owners should bear the burden of the expense. I recently learned that the league had to be bough. I did not know that last year. I think we all should defray this cost if we have the means to do so. I intend to help bare this burden and I hope that the rest of the owners are of the same mind.

Mr. 5020
July 9th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Like he said, it's up to you.

Jabez
July 14th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Count me in..

BillyBob
July 14th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Alright, new blood! :devil:

drbrumley
July 14th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Jabez

Count me in..

Welcome to our league Jabez.

I will dispatch an PM to you asking for your email so I can send you a link to sign up.

Thanks again.

cur_deus_homo
July 21st, 2004, 11:04 AM
Is this a free league? If so, count me in.

Sozo
July 21st, 2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by cur_deus_homo

Is this a free league? It is a "free" will giving league. drbrumley pays for everything out of his own pocket, and asks those who participate to help defray the costs.

I'm sure if you PM him he can give you the details.

btw... you don't get to actually tackle any guys if that is the kind of "fantasy" you were hoping for. :chuckle:

cur_deus_homo
July 21st, 2004, 11:20 AM

btw... you don't get to actually tackle any guys if that is the kind of "fantasy" you were hoping for. :chuckle:
Maybe it's to "be tackled by" them? ;)

kidd94
August 4th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Hey all.

You can definately count me in...

Also, having done many football leagues in the past at our own church plus public leagues online, may I make a suggestion.

drbrumley may already have this in mind. But yahoo has completely free leagues. Yahoo takes care of all the stats, every week. There has to be a commissioner who sets up the league, all done on Yahoo, and very easy to do. The commissioner provides all the teams with a league I.D. and password. The the teams join that "Private League". We can have an online draft and Yahoo takes care of the rest. Very easy user freindly system.

If you guys have any questions let me know....

cur_deus_homo
August 4th, 2004, 08:35 AM
I agree. I ran a Yahoo! league last year, and it was very easy to run.

It's mostly up to drbrumley, though.

BillyBob
September 11th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Sure would be nice if we fixed our teams before we lose the entire first weekend...

:sozo: Is there a Doctor in the house????

elected4ever
September 11th, 2004, 02:42 PM
The DR. is not in the house at the moment. He is in Texas and we here at the homestead are dealing with some more immediate matters at the moment named Charley, Francis and Ivan. Hang in there folks. This I know is a rough start but all is not lost yet.

BB, I am aware of your need for a trade but the CBS site will not recognize my password and so i do not even know what players I have at the moment. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

BillyBob
September 11th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the correspondence, e4e. I realize that Doc is in Texas, I guess seeing his girlfriend is much more important than playing Fantasy Football. [It would be for me, too! :kiss:]

I don't know if Doc realizes that all but one of our teams is illegal and there isn't anything we can do about it. The guys I tried to pick up last Wednesday on waivers are going to be released to me next Wednesday, so I'll have a legal team for next weekend.

It looks like 'Ivan' may be heading your way early next week. Good Luck!!!

Go buy some plywood and batten down the hatches! :eek:

[you can get the website to tell you your password, I had to do the same thing]

drbrumley
September 12th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Ok folks,

All is not lost. There have been some glitches this year. I'm looking into the problem but also need CBS' help. The only problem there is that thier office was directly impacted by Francis and messed things up on thier end. They should be up and running by Monday. So if you will, please be patient. This weeks games will count and I will have your scores right.

It would help if you let me know what problems you are expercieng so I can get in the system and see if I can resolve it from my end now. Otherwise hold tight, and I promise your scores will be right very soon.

BillyBob
September 12th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Thanks Doc!!

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Hey TOLer's,

I'm really sorry about the events the past week as it relates to TOL Fantasy Football.

By looking at it today, it seems some may have given up or are not entirely happy about what has taken place. I share your sentiment. But I am trying to move on with it, but to do so I need your help and cooperation.

I have just been notified by CBS that they have everything up and running and there will be no glitches in the system. With this news, I would like to delete all rosters and draft again the RIGHT way. I would set the draft up for Friday and then I have two days to set everyones lineup for week 1 and by Sunday all scores would be then updated and correct win/loss records also.

Please work with me here.

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 11:44 AM
This also means when the draft takes place, your correct position in the draft order is this.

Jabez
The Snipers
Knight's Avalanche
The Ridge Runners
Redneck Commie Killers
PC Gators
The Troglodytes
Sozo's Ranters ( HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM HIM?)

Knight
September 15th, 2004, 11:51 AM

Hey TOLer's,

I'm really sorry about the events the past week as it relates to TOL Fantasy Football.

By looking at it today, it seems some may have given up or are not entirely happy about what has taken place. I share your sentiment. But I am trying to move on with it, but to do so I need your help and cooperation.

I have just been notified by CBS that they have everything up and running and there will be no glitches in the system. With this news, I would like to delete all rosters and draft again the RIGHT way. I would set the draft up for Friday and then I have two days to set everyones lineup for week 1 and by Sunday all scores would be then updated and correct win/loss records also.

Please work with me here. Don't worry about it.

Its not your fault and fantasy football isn't worth getting upset about.

Personally... I love my roster and am having fun tweaking it. Why don't we just keep what we have and work out the glitches?

But if you want to redraft that's fine with me as well.

I will stand behind any decision you make.

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Im not upset. I just want to get it right.

Of course you love your roster, it's LOADED!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

Knight
September 15th, 2004, 11:57 AM

Im not upset. I just want to get it right.

Of course you love your roster, it's LOADED!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!! Only loaded at RB.

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 12:00 PM
That is for sure!!!!:greedy:

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 12:05 PM
To those who are still thinkin of playing, now is your chance. Speak up here so I can include you.

BillyBob
September 15th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Hey Doc, I've been working my butt off to get the team I have, I'm OK with playing what we've got. [not that it's that good of a team, but it'll do]

If you want to redraft, let's do it NOW so we have time to set our teams and ADD/Drop in time for this weekend.

Other than that, just score us all for the teams we played last weekend and let's move on........

BillyBob
September 15th, 2004, 12:11 PM
I don't think Sozo is playing, he hasn't posted in awhile and I don't think has has done anything with his team.

Maybe you should e-mail him or find a poster who will take his team.

Lucky likes football......

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Lucky, you want to join in? Would love to have you in the league.

Lucky
September 15th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Alright, alright. I do love football. But I have no idea how Fantasy Football works. :liberals:

BillyBob
September 15th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Hey Lucky, take over Sozo's team. I played last year for the first time and had the highest average of any coach. It's not hard, and all the info you need is at your fingertips.

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 08:40 PM

Alright, alright. I do love football. But I have no idea how Fantasy Football works. :liberals:

Ok, it's pretty simple. I'll send you an invite and you sign up. From there, we will draft our players. You can rank your players according to how you want them drafted, (this is no guarantee you will get them being if someone ranks a player higher than you did) and then you have your team. Then all you have to set your starting lineup and watch them on Sunday score points for you. If your (starters) beat the other teams starters in points, then you win for that week. At the end of the year, just as in real football, the one with best records (top 4 teams) goes into the playoffs. Just like real football. Did I help you in understanding alittle?

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Billy,

I think Sozo is playing. WoooooHooooo!!!!!

BillyBob
September 15th, 2004, 08:44 PM

Billy,

I think Sozo is playing. WoooooHooooo!!!!!

Allright!!! That's Good news!

We can't have an uneven number of teams, can we???

Am I supposed to rank my players? Where??????

Lucky
September 15th, 2004, 08:46 PM

Ok, it's pretty simple. I'll send you an invite and you sign up. From there, we will draft our players. You can rank your players according to how you want them drafted, (this is no guarantee you will get them being if someone ranks a player higher than you did) and then you have your team. Then all you have to set your starting lineup and watch them on Sunday score points for you. If your (starters) beat the other teams starters in points, then you win for that week. At the end of the year, just as in real football, the one with best records (top 4 teams) goes into the playoffs. Just like real football. Did I help you in understanding alittle?
:dizzy:

I get it. Are we ready for some football? :guitar:

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Billy,

On your screen, on the league homepage, look to your right. Under Draft prep is a link entitled rank players. Just rank them from there. Pretty easy. Hope that helps.

BillyBob
September 15th, 2004, 08:47 PM
:guitar:

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Lucky,

Glad to have you. Just hold tight till I can get with all the owners to let them know about redrafting and then Ill get you on board.

All I need from you now is your email, so I can send an invite to you and you can set yourself up. Feel free to PM me your email.

BillyBob
September 15th, 2004, 08:50 PM

Billy,

On your screen, on the league homepage, look to your right. Under Draft prep is a link entitled rank players. Just rank them from there. Pretty easy. Hope that helps.

Hey Doc, we've been through this before, I don't see anything that says 'Draft Prep'. :confused:

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 08:57 PM

Hey Doc, we've been through this before, I don't see anything that says 'Draft Prep'. :confused:

Draft prep is there. Rank players are not. We had the draft already, so you cant rank them. Once rosters are clear and we are reset, it will appear again. Hold tight.

BillyBob
September 15th, 2004, 09:00 PM
OK......:noid:

BillyBob
September 15th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Hey Doc, Z Man says he'll join our league! He should be posting here momentarilly!

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 09:29 PM
AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEE

Z Man
September 15th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Did someone say football? Where do I sign? :D

BillyBob
September 15th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Z Man is gonna play!!! :bannana:

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Z Man

Did someone say football? Where do I sign? :D

Just need an email address to send the invite and your ready to go.

Lucky
September 15th, 2004, 09:32 PM
bill.gates@microsoft.com :chuckle:

I'll PM it to you.

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 09:33 PM

bill.gates@microsoft.com :chuckle:

I'll PM it to you. :crackup:

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Lucky and Zman,

I sent you the invites, let me know if you didnt receive them.

Lucky
September 15th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Haven't gotten it yet. :liberals:

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 10:17 PM
Hmmmm!!!!!!!

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Ok sent an invite to your yahoo account Lucky.

Lucky
September 15th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Got it!

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Great!!!!!

Lucky
September 15th, 2004, 10:34 PM
I registered. Now what???? :chuckle:

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Just hold tight, getting late for me. Tomorrow morning, Im deleting rosters and will set up for the draft tommorrow night or friday morning.

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Lucky Leprechauns, I like it.

Lucky
September 15th, 2004, 10:52 PM
:thumb:

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Still taking teams. If interested, post here and I will set you up.

drbrumley
September 15th, 2004, 11:00 PM
If a moderator sees this, can you please move this thread into the Fantasy Football is here thread in the announcements forum. Thank you!

Z Man
September 16th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Got mine. Now what? I don't have any players, and I don't know how to get them...

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 04:45 AM
Hey Doc, after you delete players, you should just let the computer pick our teams and not mess with letting us pick our top choices. That will only complicate matters and my guess is that not all the coaches will get to it in time and it might not be fair any way other than letting the computer pick [assuming it will do it right this time].

Besides, we're all gonna pick Priest Holmes, anyway! :D

drbrumley
September 16th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Ok guys, setting up the draft now and you will have your team by tomorrow morning the latest.

drbrumley
September 16th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Whoever moved the other thread here, Thank You.

drbrumley
September 16th, 2004, 10:58 AM

Got mine. Now what? I don't have any players, and I don't know how to get them...

Ok ZMan,

Noone has any players as of now. We will be holding an automated draft very soon. Just trying to get two more owners before I get the draft rolling.

Sozo
September 16th, 2004, 11:09 AM
quietly sneaks in...

I'm in! :sozo2:

quietly sneaks out...

drbrumley
September 16th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Oh yeah

drbrumley
September 16th, 2004, 11:34 AM
We need 2 more teams in our Fantasy Football league.

Any takers? Heres your chance to beat me, Sozo, Lucky, Knight, BillyBob, Jabez, ZMan, PastorZ77, E4E and Jefferson. Think you can handle it?

drbrumley
September 16th, 2004, 01:38 PM
bump

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 01:39 PM

quietly sneaks in...

quietly sneaks out...

Great to see ya, Sozo!!!!

Glad you're playing. :up:

cattyfan
September 16th, 2004, 02:26 PM
AHA! I knew Sozo couldn't stay away forever! (nice to see you.)

drbrumley
September 16th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Need 1 more team. Any takers? Heres your chance to beat me, Sozo, Lucky, Cattyfan, Knight, BillyBob, Jabez, ZMan, PastorZ77, E4E and Jefferson. Think you can handle it?

Knight
September 16th, 2004, 03:01 PM

quietly sneaks in...

quietly sneaks out... You're going down pal!!! ;)

cattyfan
September 16th, 2004, 03:05 PM
My team's home field: The Litter Box

Z Man
September 16th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by cattyfan

Good. That makes it easier for my team to poop on your team. :p

Lucky
September 16th, 2004, 04:48 PM

I'm guessing... catroturf?

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 05:07 PM
It's a litter box, I'm guessing asstroturf. :eek:

Lucky
September 16th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Or maybe astroturd. :freak:

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 05:22 PM
:chuckle:

Yep, apparently there are many pissibilities! :dunce:

Lucky
September 16th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Oh peehave.

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 05:35 PM
OK, I guess I'll just bowel out of this conversation before it goes too far! :shut:

cattyfan
September 16th, 2004, 05:35 PM
I guess I left myself open for the bad puns....but just remember: come to the Litter Box and I'll bury you. (practicing my trash talk)

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 05:40 PM

I guess I left myself open for the bad puns....

Yep, litterally! :eek:

Lucky
September 16th, 2004, 05:42 PM
..but just remember: come to the Litter Box and I'll bury you.
There you have it folks, the inside scoop!

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 05:45 PM
That was a crappy joke! :freak:

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 05:47 PM
I hear that Catty's team is a bunch of loafers! :bang:

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 05:50 PM
She caught her Running Back barracaded in the men's Room. When he emerged she said urine big trouble, Mister! :bannana:

Lucky
September 16th, 2004, 05:54 PM
I gas she was really mad at him.

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Yeah, it turns out he has a tight end, that's why it took him so long. :madmad:

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Tight end! :madmad:

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 06:01 PM
That's OK, he isn't worth squat anyway! :doh:

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 06:26 PM
She dumped him and it was devistating, it damn near rectum! :angel:

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 06:28 PM
He was hoping to holed out for more money, but he became afraid to assk! :devil:

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Her new Quarter Back is Constipatin Manning. :darwinsm:

cattyfan
September 16th, 2004, 08:30 PM
geez...that was really (Pepto)-abysmal. (just trying to cure the run of bad jokes....)

drbrumley
September 16th, 2004, 08:53 PM
SOTK and Wamba,

The invites should be in your inbox now.

Lucky
September 16th, 2004, 09:36 PM
How do you rank them and where?

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 09:38 PM

geez...that was really (Pepto)-abysmal. (just trying to cure the run of bad jokes....)

There is a QuarterBack named 'Peyton Manning' hence, constipatin Manning....

No.....no......:nono:

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 09:38 PM

How do you rank them and where?

Too late, I already took all the good players! :bannana:

drbrumley
September 16th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Here lucky (http://theolgyonline.football.sportsline.com/rank)

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Hey Lucky, go to the League Home page, http://theolgyonline.football.sportsline.com/
and scroll down on the left side of the page, you'll see 'Rank Players'.

You go from there.........

Lucky
September 16th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Okay. I'm looking at the Java Rank List. Now what? :think:

drbrumley
September 16th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Rank them how you would think a player is to you. If you feel Peyton manning will do better than Preist Holmes, then you would rank peyton over priest and so on down the line.

Lucky
September 16th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Can I just leave it the way it is? :eek:

drbrumley
September 16th, 2004, 09:50 PM
If you want to

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 10:09 PM
You don't want Priest Holmes, Lucky, Gary Anderson would be a much better choice. :angel:

drbrumley
September 16th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Thats terrible

Lucky
September 16th, 2004, 10:15 PM
How am I supposed to rank 600 people, ~575 of which I know nothing about?

(I only watch the Cowboys. :eek: )

Z Man
September 16th, 2004, 10:16 PM
It takes forever just to go through and find certain players... :sigh:

Anyone find Joe Montana yet? :confused:

drbrumley
September 16th, 2004, 10:18 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ranking they use is pretty good. If your uncomfortable ranking them yourself, then leave it as is.

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 10:19 PM

How am I supposed to rank 600 people, ~575 of which I know nothing about?

(I only watch the Cowboys. :eek: )

What's a Cowboy? :freak:

BillyBob
September 16th, 2004, 10:20 PM

It takes forever just to go through and find certain players... :sigh:

I have Joe Namath! :noway:

Lucky
September 16th, 2004, 10:22 PM

No. Let me know if you find Roger Staubach, I don't see him anywhere on the list.

Z Man
September 16th, 2004, 10:24 PM

I have Joe Namath! :noway:
I'll trade ya. I got Johnny Unitas. :thumb:

Z Man
September 16th, 2004, 10:25 PM

No. Let me know if you find Roger Staubach, I don't see him anywhere on the list.

Sozo
September 16th, 2004, 10:31 PM
My players are ranked... now what?

drbrumley
September 16th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Sozo, sit back and tomorrow morning, you will have your players.

Sozo
September 16th, 2004, 10:35 PM

Sozo, sit back and tomorrow morning, you will have your players.

Is it okay if I lie down?

drbrumley
September 16th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Please do. Everything is my hands now and there is nothing anyone can do.

cattyfan
September 17th, 2004, 01:28 AM
I ranked my top 25 choices, then let the rest stand. The program also takes into consideration the preferences you can set up under "teams I like, teams I follow, and teams I dislike."

I'm fairly happy with my team...'cept for my special teams squads. they're unspectacular.

cattyfan's conquerors are ready to roll.

(and I know who peyton manning is, smartyboots.)

cattyfan
September 17th, 2004, 01:30 AM
since we missed week one, how will that be factored in? are those who played last week just scrapping that score and starting over?

Lucky
September 17th, 2004, 07:57 AM
It looks like my team has been OK'ed. Or as Z Man might put it, clear for take-off.

Poly
September 17th, 2004, 08:07 AM
I wanted to play but I just don't have the time. :(

I'll make time to cheer though.

Gooooooo Celtics!! :D

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 10:44 AM

since we missed week one, how will that be factored in? are those who played last week just scrapping that score and starting over?

What I am going to do here is I'm going to take the draft picks and whoever scored the best during the Week 1 games, I will put as your starter. This goes for everyone. This way everyone is on equal footing right at the beginning. You can trade and add/drop now if you like. I sure am when my best QB is gasp: David Carr.

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Someone get GodRulz to PM me, he seems not to be answering his PM's. please

Lucky
September 17th, 2004, 11:33 AM

You can trade and add/drop now if you like.
I wish I kept up with other NFL teams. :doh:

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Its all on the league homepage

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 11:56 AM
I need a Quarterback, who wants to trade?

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Me too, I have David Carr :gasp:

cattyfan
September 17th, 2004, 12:01 PM
I put it for an add/drop. It's pending...how does that get confirmed?

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 12:02 PM
You put what in for an add/ drop?

cattyfan
September 17th, 2004, 12:08 PM
I want to add Trent Dilfer and drop Tim Couch

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Ok, look to the top of your screen and you see two rows of links. You will want the 2nd row as that pertains to the league. Find transactions and it will drop down and you will find the add/ drop and just click that.

cattyfan
September 17th, 2004, 12:20 PM
that's what I did, and it currently lists this above my roster as "pending."

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 12:23 PM
oh I see now. Does it give you a day it will go thru?

cattyfan
September 17th, 2004, 12:24 PM
no. it just says when I listed it.

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Ok done

cattyfan
September 17th, 2004, 12:30 PM
thanks!

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Not a problem, thats what Im here for.

To bypass the waivers just to pick up a player, you might just want to go to the players tab, which is next to the transactions tab, and pick your players from there.

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 12:46 PM
That is provided noone dropped a player and then you immediately want to pick him up, then the waiver rule applies

Jefferson
September 17th, 2004, 12:49 PM

Someone get GodRulz to PM me, he seems not to be answering his PM's. please Try emailing him instead.

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 01:02 PM
I did

Jefferson
September 17th, 2004, 01:12 PM
I'm (The Troglodytes) looking for a running back. Anyone want to trade?

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Ok Guys and Gals,

You can now go back to week 1 and look at your lineup to whoever you thought you would start and post here to let me know who should or should not be active.

The worst part of getting everything up to date is just about done and it will be smooth sailing ahead.

Jefferson, sorry about not gettin back to you on your PM. You think maybe you can find your way around this our league web pages? Everything is pretty self explanatory on what to do when it comes to adjusting others teams lineups or doing add/ drop for them. I'm not asking you to do a whole lot, just if needed, making adjustments here and there if the need arises. You cool with that?

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Jefferson

I'm (The Troglodytes) looking for a running back. Anyone want to trade?

Yeah, I'll trade you a RB for McNair or Green.

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Hey Doc, I put in for a couple Add/Drops earlier, but they are still on waivers. Can you help me that way you did Catty?

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Sure, who are they?

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 02:58 PM
I need a quarterback

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 03:00 PM

Sure, who are they?

Kaeding, Nate K SD

Wilson, Cedrick WR SF

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Ok, what about them, who you adding? Who you dropping?

Knight
September 17th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Jefferson

I'm (The Troglodytes) looking for a running back. Anyone want to trade? I got awesome RB's. I need a good QB.

Lucky
September 17th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Active

Hasselbeck, Matt QB SEA
Barlow, Kevan RB SF
Staley, Duce RB PIT
Johnson, Andre WR HOU
McCareins, Justin WR NYJ
Ward, Hines WR PIT
Kleinsasser, Jimmy TE MIN
Mili, Itula TE SEA
Carney, John K NO
Seahawks, DST DST SEA

Reserve

Brooks, Aaron QB NO
Palmer, Carson QB CIN
Anderson, Mike RB DEN
Green, William RB CLE
Pinner, Artose RB DET
Gage, Justin WR CHI
Warrick, Peter WR CIN
Williams, Reggie WR JAC
Nedney, Joe K TEN
Vikings, DST DST MIN

Guess I need to figure out which of them are good and which of them stinketh.

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 03:12 PM

Ok, what about them, who you adding? Who you dropping?

Adding:

Kaeding, Nate K SD

Wilson, Cedrick WR SF

Dropping:

Dwight, Tim WR SD

Johnson, Kevin WR BAL

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Note for future reference , only 2 quarterbacks need to be drafted, not 3.

Just a note to myself guys, not to anyone else. LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 03:15 PM

Active

Hasselbeck, Matt QB SEA
Barlow, Kevan RB SF
Staley, Duce RB PIT
Johnson, Andre WR HOU
McCareins, Justin WR NYJ
Ward, Hines WR PIT
Kleinsasser, Jimmy TE MIN
Mili, Itula TE SEA
Carney, John K NO
Seahawks, DST DST SEA

Reserve

Brooks, Aaron QB NO
Palmer, Carson QB CIN
Anderson, Mike RB DEN
Green, William RB CLE
Pinner, Artose RB DET
Gage, Justin WR CHI
Warrick, Peter WR CIN
Williams, Reggie WR JAC
Nedney, Joe K TEN
Vikings, DST DST MIN

Guess I need to figure out which of them are good and which of them stinketh.

Three things to look at: [in the collumns next to each player]
1. Average
2. Guru
3. Percentages of who owns them and who starts them

Higher numbers are better, obviously.

Also, each player has a summery availible if you click his name, it will help a lot.

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 03:16 PM

Note for future reference , only 2 quarterbacks need to be drafted, not 3.

Just a note to myself guys, not to anyone else. LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'd think out of 3 Quarterbacks, I could get 1 decent one! :doh:

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Ok Billy Done

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 03:23 PM

You'd think out of 3 Quarterbacks, I could get 1 decent one! :doh:

Those who valued quarterbacks more than any other position and ranked them that way has all the quarterbacks.

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 03:23 PM
:up:

Lucky
September 17th, 2004, 05:52 PM

Three things to look at: [in the collumns next to each player]
1. Average
2. Guru
3. Percentages of who owns them and who starts them

Higher numbers are better, obviously.

Also, each player has a summery availible if you click his name, it will help a lot.
Then it looks like my kicker and tight ends are the worst ones.

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Yeah, it sucks to be you. :eek:

You could move one of your Running Backs out of Reserve and use him to replace one of your Tight Ends. :idea:

You can check how you rank against each team weekly and as you move players around and see what the 'Guru' thinks about it.

Go to 'Scoreboard' and click 'Preview'. You'll see it change as you move players around.

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Hows this for Round 1

1 Wamba-Priest Holmes,
2 GodRulz- LaDainian Tomlinson
3 SOTK- Ahman Green
4 cattyfan's conquerors- Shaun Alexander
5 Jabez- Edgerrin James
6 Lucky Leprechauns- Clinton Portis
7 Flying Aces- Deuce McAllister
8 The Snipers- Jamal Lewis
9 The RidgeRunners- Randy Moss
10 Knight's Avalanche- Fred Taylor
11 The Redneck Commie Killers- Domanick Davis
12 Charlotte Gators- Marvin Harrison
13 The Troglodytes- Daunte Culpepper
14 Sozo's Ranters- Torry Holt

This is only a mock draft with this new program a friend gave me. Not official.

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 06:48 PM
I thought we were only going to re-draft Quarter Backs?????

Sozo
September 17th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Why all the variety?

Shouldn't we resolve one position at a time?

Lucky
September 17th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Can I have my quarter back? :D

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Just re-draft Quarterbacks. Let's get this over with................

Sozo
September 17th, 2004, 06:56 PM

Just re-draft Quarterbacks. Let's get this over with................

I have the feeling that the league does not allow him to do that.

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Im in the process of deleting now. Just playing with this new program too. Awesome stuff.

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 07:06 PM
15 Sozo Ranter's- Terrell Owens
16 The Troglodytes- Rudi Johnson
17 Charlotte Gators- Donovan McNabb
18 The Redneck Commie Killers- Brian Westbrook
19 Knight's Avalanche- Travis Henry
20 The RidgeRunners- Hines Ward
21 The Snipers- Tony Gonzalez
22 Flying Aces- Kevan Barlow
23 Lucky Leprechauns- Chad Johnson
24 Jabez- Derrick Mason
25 cattyfan's conquerors- Marshall Faulk
26 SOTK- Peyton Manning
27 GodRulz- Chris Brown
28 Wamba- Michael Vick

This is only a mock draft with this new program a friend gave me. Not official.

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 07:09 PM
So far you've given me 2 guys I already have! :chuckle:

Not any Quarterbacks, though. :noid:

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 07:12 PM
LOL!!!!!!

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Im sure Sozo be happy with his first two picks.

Sozo
September 17th, 2004, 07:16 PM

Im sure Sozo be happy with his first two picks.

You don't know me very well... I'm never happy.

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 07:17 PM

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 07:22 PM
grumpy

Sozo
September 17th, 2004, 07:24 PM

grumpy

doc

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 07:30 PM
sleazy

Oh wait, that would be Wickwoman. :doh:

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Ok quarterbacks are dropped.

Now to add. Like it or lump it, this is the way it is and thats FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLL

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Fair enough!

Let's do this thing!!! :bannana:

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Wamba receives Daunte Culpepper

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 07:47 PM
You spelled 'BillyBob' wrong!

There are no 'W's in BillyBob!!!

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 07:49 PM
GodRulz receives Donovan McNabb

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Hey GodRulz, you 'nabbed' a good one.

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 07:51 PM
SOTK receives Peyton Manning

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Who woulda thought this thread would be good for post counts?? :freak:

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 07:54 PM
cattyfan's conquerors receive Michael Vick

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Yeah Catty! I hear your a big Vick Fan! :dunce:

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Jabez receives Steve McNair

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 07:57 PM
That's McAwesome! :bannana:

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Vicks Nyquil

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 07:58 PM

Vicks Nyquil

Hey, I'll do the jokes, you do the drafting! :eek:

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Lucky Leprechauns receive Matt Hasselbeck

Sozo
September 17th, 2004, 08:00 PM

Hey, I'll do the jokes, you do the drafting! :eek:

There's a difference?

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 08:01 PM

There's a difference?

Hey Sozo, you're at the bottom of the Draft list, you may end up with the same Quarterbacks that you had yesterday! :chuckle:

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Flying Aces receive Aaron Brooks

Sozo
September 17th, 2004, 08:02 PM

Hey Sozo, you're at the bottom of the Draft list, you may end up with the same Quarterbacks that you had yesterday! :chuckle: :doh: :chuckle: :shut:

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Are we down to Brooks already????

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 08:05 PM
The Snipers receive Trent Green

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 08:05 PM
I'm Green with envy! :skeptic:

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 08:07 PM
The RidgeRunners receive Marc Bulger

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Your Dad is gonna be soooo pissed, Marc my word! :mad:

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Knight's Avalanche receive Chad Pennington

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Is that a swinging chad or a hanging chad? :think:

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 08:12 PM
The Redneck Commie Killers receive Jake Plummer

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Who?

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Charlotte Gators receive Tom Brady

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 08:14 PM
hmmmmm, not my favorite

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 08:15 PM
He should be worth a 'Bunch' of points! [Brady Bunch]

Sozo
September 17th, 2004, 08:15 PM

hmmmmm, not my favorite

yea... that's tough getting the QB of the team that's won 13 games in a row.

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 08:16 PM

yea... that's tough getting the QB of the team that's won 13 games in a row.

I guess that means you get Jeff Garcia!

Sozo
September 17th, 2004, 08:17 PM

I guess that means you get Jeff Garcia!

Better not

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 08:17 PM
The Troglodytes receive Brett Favre

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 08:18 PM
He's everybody's Farverite Quarterback! :doh:

You can Brett your life on it!

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Sozo's Ranters receive Byron Leftwich

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Who????

Sozo
September 17th, 2004, 08:21 PM

Sozo's Ranters receive Byron Leftwich :chuckle: That's funny

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 08:22 PM
OK, now what????

Sozo
September 17th, 2004, 08:23 PM

Sozo's Ranters receive Byron Leftwich

ok seriously... who'd I get

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Sozo's Ranters receive Jeff Garcia

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Told Ya!!!! :bannana:

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Ill trade ya Brady for any two you just got.

drbrumley
September 17th, 2004, 08:27 PM
In between rounds break, be back in 5 minutes

Sozo
September 17th, 2004, 08:28 PM

Told Ya!!!! :bannana: Now reverse the order for the second round.

Sozo
September 17th, 2004, 08:30 PM

Ill trade ya Brady for any two you just got. ok

BillyBob
September 17th, 2004, 08:30 PM

Now reverse the order for the second round.

He already has, that's why you have 2 Quarterbacks.

Lucky
September 17th, 2004, 08:31 PM

Lucky Leprechauns receive Matt Hasselbeck
All that hassel for the same quarterbeck? :D