Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Schizo Light Bulb Maniacs

This is the show from Monday February 8th, 2010.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
You know those squiggly, compact florescent bulbs? I hate those bulbs and I hate the people who promote them. And I hate the people who say we can't be using our incandescent bulbs. I hate those people. The government's own website on these bulbs, they say that if a bulb breaks, you have to evacuate. There's mercury in there. We have kids. Kids break light bulbs. There are billions of light bulbs across this country and light bulbs get broken. They say you can't vacuum it. Because if you vacuum it you have to throw out your vacuum cleaner. It is ridiculous and these are the freaks who worship dirt. They're dirt worshipers. They want to save the earth and they don't care if we expose our kids to mercury poisoning. They don't care. They're freaks. They hate God and they hate unborn children. They're freaks.

SUMMARY:

* A Moment of Silence: Bob and co-host Doug McBurney observe a moment of silence for the completely forsaken fans of the Indianapolis Colts. While the rest of the media revels in your misery, you’ll find a place to commiserate at KGOV.

* Leftists Proven Maniacs: Focus on the Family scores a coup in that they succeeded in exposing the rabid bloodthirsty face of the pro-abort community. They howled in extremis for a week insisting that the children of the nation would be damaged and misled by a pro-life message during the Super Bowl. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth at Planned Parenthood, NARAL and NOW. And then the commercial ran…Turns out they are all mad.

* The Answer to “Why”: Bob Enyart reveals the answer that everyone in the media is looking for every time someone commits a heinous crime, or cheats on their spouse, or steals from their friends or a charity, or the treasury of our nation. They always want to know “how could he do that… what was he thinking….what was going on in his head”? Tune in today for the answer… it might surprise you.

* Help Personhood Efforts Get Signatures: The Deadline to mail Colorado Personhood petitions is Monday Feb. 9th Mail yours in today and call Colorado Right to Life to get more! If you live in Colorado, there’s still time for you to help circulate the Personhood Colorado & CRTL 2010 petition? We need your help! If you live in any other state, can you help to advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways?

Today’s Resource: You can enjoy one or two of Bob Enyart’s entertaining and insightful videos each month, mailed to you automatically, simply by subscribing to the BEL Monthly Topical Videos service! Also, you can check out the other great BEL subscription services!

Granite

Hall of Fame
For all-time desperate Bob attempt to infuriate and or otherwise get some kind of attention by saying something foolish, this may take the cake.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
You know those squiggly, compact florescent bulbs? I hate those bulbs and I hate the people who promote them. And I hate the people who say we can't be using our incandescent bulbs. I hate those people. The government's own website on these bulbs, they say that if a bulb breaks, you have to evacuate. There's mercury in there. We have kids. Kids break light bulbs. There are billions of light bulbs across this country and light bulbs get broken. They say you can't vacuum it. Because if you vacuum it you have to throw out your vacuum cleaner. It is ridiculous and these are the freaks who worship dirt. They're dirt worshipers. They want to save the earth and they don't care if we expose our kids to mercury poisoning. They don't care. They're freaks. They hate God and they hate unborn children. They're freaks.

:rotfl: Business must be slow in the "lets stir the pot" arena today!:rotfl:

Dirt worshipers!? You guys are a trip!:rotfl:

Flipper

That was pretty dumb. I will give the show a listen later, but I'm going to make the prediction now that Doug McBurney was doing the talking.

There's no more mercury in a CF bulb than there is in a regular fluorescent bulb (and probably less), but I haven't yet heard Doug railing over the mercury threat posed by regular fluorescents.

Also, the total amount of mercury in a light bulb is actually pretty negligible. If he really wants to complain about the threat posed by mercury to our children, he should rant about coal-burning power stations or supermarket fish.

Here in Minnesota, the DNR just changed the recommended weekly/monthly limits of fish for the whole state. Before, the heavily polluted Mississippi had the most stringent safeguards. They've extended that to the whole state because they're now finding similar amounts of mercury in fish at the top of the food chain all over the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.