PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Indian Larry



Knight
August 31st, 2004, 10:46 AM
I think this guy was a Christian.....

'Indian Larry' Said Killed at Bike Show

CONCORD, N.C. (AP) - A custom motorcycle builder known for his appearances on cable's Discovery Channel died Monday at a hospital of head injuries suffered during a stunt, officials said.

"Indian Larry'' fell off a motorcycle Saturday while performing before 8,000 people at an arena outside Charlotte. He was not wearing a helmet, the officials said.

Indian Larry was standing on the moving bike when it began to wobble and went out of control, said Mike Downs, Cabarrus County deputy manager. His full name was not immediately known.

Indian Larry was a man with great skill and talent as a mechanic and metal sculptor,'' said Robert Freeman, chairman of the county board of commissioners. ``He will be truly missed by his fans here in Cabarrus County and throughout the nation.''

Indian Larry, who appeared in movies and television shows, was featured on a Discovery Channel series in which motorcycle builders design and build bikes from scratch, then have them judged by motorcycle aficionados.

[ source (http://channels.netscape.com/ns/tv/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20040830%2F2356133877.htm&sc=1110&photoid=/cp/celebrity/content/i/indianlarry135.jpg) ]

ShadowMaid
August 31st, 2004, 10:49 AM
*Tsk tsk* That's why when I get a motorcycle, I'll have a helmet too. :) It's sad though, that he died. :(

erinmarie
August 31st, 2004, 03:55 PM
AWWWW!!! I love Indian Larry!!!!
His two Bike-Offs are my favorite of the 6 on the Discovery Channel.... And I just dig his style, cool, laid back and he didn't drink or smoke and was a Christian and very open about it....
:cry:

Knight
August 31st, 2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by erinmarie

AWWWW!!! I love Indian Larry!!!!
His two Bike-Offs are my favorite of the 6 on the Discovery Channel.... And I just dig his style, cool, laid back and he didn't drink or smoke and was a Christian and very open about it....
:cry: Yea... I don't think he was a great role model but he certainly seemed to be a pretty cool guy.

firechyld
August 31st, 2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by ShadowMaid

*Tsk tsk* That's why when I get a motorcycle, I'll have a helmet too. :) It's sad though, that he died. :(

Are motorcycle helmets legally compulsory in the States?

ShadowMaid
August 31st, 2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by firechyld

Are motorcycle helmets legally compulsory in the States?

Are they required? Well, it depends on what state you live in. It might have changed since then, though.

I would still highly recommend them for anyone who rides a motorcycle. :)

firechyld
August 31st, 2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by ShadowMaid

Are they required? Well, it depends on what state you live in. It might have changed since then, though.

I would still highly recommend them for anyone who rides a motorcycle. :)

It's illegal to get on a motorbike without a helmet in Australia, even if you're only moving it to the end of your driveway.

Then again, it's also illegal to not wear seatbelts...