toldailytopic: I am so sick of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 22nd, 2009 10:52 AM

toldailytopic: I am so sick of...

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was just thinking about this this morning.

I am so sick of...

emails and texts with a message at the end saying, "you must send this to x amount of people and you'll be blessed/or you'll have bad luck/to see how many friends you have/something good will happen to you tomorrow." :doh:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was just thinking about this this morning.

I am so sick of...

emails and texts with a message at the end saying, "you must send this to x amount of people and you'll be blessed/or you'll have bad luck/to see how many friends you have/something good will happen to you tomorrow." :doh:

And sometimes contain a false gospel, then say you are ashamed of God if you don't forward it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am so sick of idle talkers and decievers, especially those of faith+works.

Alate_One

People saying evolution is "Just" a theory . . . :bang:

A theory, in the scientific sense of the word, is an analytic structure designed to explain a set of empirical observations. A scientific theory unifies and EXPLAINS a wide range of phenomena, usually from many different fields.

Theories are intended to be an accurate, predictive description of the natural world. Theory connotes the highest degree of certainty in science.

According to the National Academy of Sciences:

Some scientific explanations are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them. The explanation becomes a scientific theory. In everyday language a theory means a hunch or speculation. Not so in science. In science, the word theory refers to a comprehensive explanation of an important feature of nature supported by facts gathered over time. Theories also allow scientists to make predictions about as yet unobserved phenomena,

AAAS book on the subject

Oh and also . . . hearing about Tiger Woods. :chuckle:

Also what Poly said . . .or worse the "inspirational" ones that have a sappy message at the end. :p

john w

Hall of Fame
Those, including myself, who spend more time concerned with what others say to them/listening to others , via their cell phone, than listening to what the LORD God says to them, throught the word of God.

Those, including myself, who spend more time talking/communicating with others via their cell phone, than talking to the LORD God, in prayer.

Let the "But, John........"'s begin. Priorities.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gentiles who think they belong to one of the "lost" tribes of Israel.

If it wasn't for B57, Tet would have the claim of dumbest things ever said about the Bible.

I am so sick of the Double Mint twins.

Peripatetic

Arminians who seemingly cannot view Calvinism but through Hyper-Calvinist goggles.

Calvinists who seemingly cannot view Arminianism but through Semi-Pelagian goggles.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am so sick of Boyd.

Boyd: The agent renders indefinite possibilities (maybe this and maybe that) into definite realities (certainly this or certainly that). Antecedent and external factors influence the agent but cannot determine the agent insofar as the agent is self-determining. The ultimate cause and explanation for a free agent's behavior goes back to the agent, no further. (so God cannot be blamed for sin and evil and we are morally culpable vs deterministic views that impugn His holy character).

Status
Not open for further replies.