toldailytopic: Guns: Good thing? Or bad thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 15th, 2009 10:46 AM

toldailytopic: Guns: Good thing? Or bad thing?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

DocJohnson

I think it's pretty easy to imagine how much better the world would be without guns.

Before guns, people were hacking at each other with swords, axes, and maces or shooting each other with slings, bows, and crossbows or impaling each other with lances and spears. Yeah, it's pretty easy to imagine how much better off we'd be without guns.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The sign in the front yard.

Never mind the dog, beware of gun owner. On the other hand, the neighbor does not believe in guns, and I will not infringe on his beliefs.

antiknight

Before guns, people were hacking at each other with swords, axes, and maces or shooting each other with slings, bows, and crossbows or impaling each other with lances and spears. Yeah, it's pretty easy to imagine how much better off we'd be without guns.
Great point. It's much easier to deal with lesser weapons. Guns amplify the bad guys ability to commit his crimes.

elohiym

Guns are tools, and useful tools at that.

We can use them to put food on our table and to defend our nation and homes from invasion.

They're also fun to shoot. :banana:

drbrumley

Great point. It's much easier to deal with lesser weapons. Guns amplify the bad guys ability to commit his crimes.

So does a nuclear warhead magnify greater than that. Depending of course who you think the bad guy is on this scale. Just sayin.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Inanimate objects are not moral agents....they are neither good nor bad. :nono:

You might just as well ask if a rock is a good or bad thing. :plain:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
The sign in the front yard.

Never mind the dog, beware of gun owner. On the other hand, the neighbor does not believe in guns, and I will not infringe on his beliefs.

How does he explain all those people who get shot? :confused:

Jackson

You better be able to pull the trigger if you pull one out on someone.

I pitty the fool that don't. :reals:

lyngraphics

Gun are less messy than a sword... but maybe not as cool looking. :)

I see nothing wrong with defending your home and family, hunting, etc... why should only criminals be carrying firearms?

Status
Not open for further replies.