The Argument:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letsargue

There’s only one source for Knowledge, and that’s not some fool’s irrational thought, structured into some doctrine that isn’t supported in God’s Scriptures. If your doctrine is not found verbatim in Scripture, it’s by necessity error. How can any of you say that’s wrong?
There are many doctrines such as, “Once saved always saved”, - and there’s nothing in Scriptures to that extent. – Or, “Saved by faith only, without works”. There’s nothing about that either. Therefore, those are pure and simply, false doctrines, taught by false Christians or false Prophets.
I KNOW, I KNOW, - I just violated the “Christian Correctness”, the same as some violate “Political Correctness” and are condemned for that, so shall some of you condemn me for being
”Christian Incorrect”. It’s a violation of the rules of the modern “Christian” ethics to speak of someone being in error, and on their way to Hell. - You know, even the N----- word or a thousand different things a person can be destroyed for saying; much less doing.
All of you know where you stand on Christian Correctness, and Political Correctness and you know the Liberal or Marxist judgments of either. - However, “( ~~YOU are not a part of anything like that )~~~”, ~~NNOOOO!.
Christian Correctness is far more rampant than Political Correctness, even thought it’s about being Godly and righteous. Today’s modern “Christians” are by far the most vial, hateful, angry, vengeful people on earth, with the exception of maybe the Muslims, and maybe not even.

I think most here don’t care what the Truth is. - That’s not just a theory; you won’t or can’t even challenge it, because that’s who we’re dealing with here. All one needs to do today in this phony “Christian” world is just speak the “TRUTH”, and he’s slammed, cursed, mocked, laughed at and driven out, with the blessings of all the others of the same kind. - - John 15:19 KJV – “If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: BUT BECAUSE YE ARE NOT OF THE WORLD, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore THE WORLD HATETH YOU”.
- That can’t be true among today’s Godless religions.

In politics, people will lie, cheat, destroy and kill, in the name of Political Correctness. Today’s modern “Christians” will do far worse than the Carnal minded, with their Christian Correctness. Here we’re not dealing with the destruction of the body or flesh, but the destruction of the SOUL. As in, “The Blind leading the blind, and they both shall fall into Hell”. However, who cares what God says when it comes to Christian Correctness? - No one is allowed to rock the boat, and talk against the great wisdom of today’s doctrines, taught by those great Scholars with DR. and PH.D. after their names.
The Word of God, as it is written and the Spirit of the Word, as it is written, is the ONLY TRUTH that exists. All knowledge is derived from the Truth of God, and NO WHERE ELSE.
The Scriptures as they exist today in total fulfillment, are one in the same as the “Tree of Life”. One of its fruits is the Fruit of the Knowledge of GOOD / GOD.
Christ is and was the Word of God and he is the fruits of Life that is on that Tree, which the Christians have the joy of eating and planting the seeds thereof, and growing their own Garden of Life. – 1 Corinthians 12:6 KJV - & - 1 Corinthians 15:28 KJV - & - Ephesians 1:22-23 KJV –
Peace.

Paul – 120109

screamin4u2hear

I agree with the spirit of your post. I do find it ridiculous that many times Christians say more hateful things and oppose TRUTH more vehemently than non-Christians do. I do have a question about one of the doctrines that you say is no where in the Bible...

Ephesians 2:8-9
8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

What do you take from that verse? I take that it means our SALVATION is by grace, through faith and nothing else. No amount of work we can do will affect our salvation. Now.. if you are truly saved then you WILL do good works because that is what Christ prepared you to do... but the works do not affect your salvation. What say you? ;)

Egbert

There’s only one source for Knowledge, and that’s not some fool’s irrational thought, structured into some doctrine that isn’t supported in God’s Scriptures. If your doctrine is not found verbatim in Scripture, it’s by necessity error. How can any of you say that’s wrong?
I say it's wrong because it can be logically disproven.

I could rephrase your opinion as, "All doctrinal statements that are not taken verbatim from Scripture are false."
Consider a doctrine that is not clearly spelled out either way in Scripture, like God's knowledge of the future. (You may disagree regarding this particular one, but bear with me, choosing a different one if you must.) Minister A says, "God knows all of the future." Minister B says, "God does not know all of the future."

Who is right? Well, according to your logic, both are wrong — but how is that possible? If A is wrong, that means B is right, and vice versa. Therefore your premise must be flawed.

QED.

Letsargue

I say it's wrong because it can be logically disproven.

I could rephrase your opinion as, "All doctrinal statements that are not taken verbatim from Scripture are false."
Consider a doctrine that is not clearly spelled out either way in Scripture, like God's knowledge of the future. (You may disagree regarding this particular one, but bear with me, choosing a different one if you must.) Minister A says, "God knows all of the future." Minister B says, "God does not know all of the future."

Who is right? Well, according to your logic, both are wrong — but how is that possible? If A is wrong, that means B is right, and vice versa. Therefore your premise must be flawed.

QED.

I didn’t say, “Both ministers are wrong”. You are saying that I did, and that is wrong, being Minister B. God is always truth and true. If I speak what God did in his Word and in his Spirit of the Word, then I would be right also, being truth and true.

HOWEVER, -- Therein is the WAR, between thee and me. (Just a little Bible talk).
Peace?

Paul – 120209

Egbert

I didn’t say, “Both ministers are wrong”. You are saying that I did, and that is wrong, being Minister B.
I said that your logic would dictate thus if you believe that neither position is spelled out verbatim in Scripture. You may want a different example to plug into the logical construct, but given any such example that you are willing to accept, you have to acknowledge that your premise constitutes a logical contradiction.
I invite you to point out where it is found verbatim in the meantime.

Ecumenicist

I like "there but for the Grace of God go I."

I thought it was in the bible for the longest time, then one day I found out it wasn't. It is quoted from an English Priest from the 1550's named John Bradford while he was in the Tower of London.

I'll agree that its good to know the source of doctrinal banterings, rather than pretending or assuming they are all straight from the KJV.

Dave

Letsargue

I agree with the spirit of your post. I do find it ridiculous that many times Christians say more hateful things and oppose TRUTH more vehemently than non-Christians do. I do have a question about one of the doctrines that you say is no where in the Bible...

Ephesians 2:8-9
8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

What do you take from that verse? I take that it means our SALVATION is by grace, through faith and nothing else. No amount of work we can do will affect our salvation. Now.. if you are truly saved then you WILL do good works because that is what Christ prepared you to do... but the works do not affect your salvation. What say you? ;)

The works that we / the Christians do, - that you are referring to, is the Christian’s “way of life”, and not works. They are however a “religion” to the LOST. - Check out what a religion is according to GOD. - Matthew 7:22 KJV -

The Faith is worthless without something to have faith in, and that is ONLY GOD. How can one have faith in God without having FAITH IN HIS WORD, that is all God is, is his Word; nothing more, or nothing less (Check that out?).
Who, or what says, “If you love me, keep my commandments”? There again, Christ’s Commandments are his WORDS. “Christ SO Loved”; and you will not do anything Christ said, for the Love of Christ. - Those are all WORKS, but not the Works of the Old Law. Those works, we do not do.
“Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, AND REPENT, AND (DO THE FIRST WORKS); or else I will come unto thee quickly”. – Of course you are going to TEACH, “NO WORKS”, but what are the - “FIRST WORKS” if not these works: Acts 2:38 KJV – “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ”. Those are Words also, the Words Christ has commanded to do, but some of you LOVE CHRIST soooo much, you won’t do that.
Peace.

Paul – 120309

Status
Not open for further replies.