toldailytopic: Thanksgiving! How do you celebrate Thanksgiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 26th, 2009 10:24 AM

toldailytopic: Thanksgiving! How do you celebrate Thanksgiving?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We normally have two Thanksgivings. One at my house on Thanksgiving with a small amount of guests (20 or so) and then a bigger version at Prisca's house the day after or whenever we can squeeze it in.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Allen family get together. My grandpa has four living siblings, and they all have at least two kids who have kids, etc...

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
∅2L84U;2203922 said:
Enjoy the Turkey, but please skip the dressing.

don't skip the gravy and if you ever had breaded stuffing with summer savory, you wouldn't skip that either

did I mention cranberries?

mashed potatoes?

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
This year we're going to Knight's house! Good friends, good food... What more could we want? :D

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Our immediate family used to get together with the immediate family of one of my uncles. We haven't done that in several years though. My parents sometimes go down to South Carolina to visit my grandmother on Thanksgiving so then I'm left to do whatever my sister does, either a meal at her house or last year it was at her husband's parent's house.

This year it's just my parents, my sister, and her husband at our house for a lunchtime Thanksgiving meal.

:chew:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
They come and we get together and have a family day, then we eat about 4PM.

My children, grandchildren and a few cousins and friends.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I have to get on to the visiting now, so ya'll have a good day and drive safe.

I have over 8000 posts; does that make me major general or corporal captain?

:chew: umm biscuits

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

you are a TOL Legend

it doesn't get any better than that

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is our first year having Thanksgiving at my mom's apartment. She was supposed to go to California for the month of November. But, she changed her mind. She says she's going to go to California for December.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We used to have a small gathering with family on Thanksgiving day, and then a big dinner with friends and family on the Saturday after. But these days it's just a small gathering at Thanksgiving and that's it... Until one of these years that I can get back the kind of income I had before.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I was thinking more like a General Annoyance or a Major Pain. ;)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Food, family, food, football, food, games, food, music, and then, of course, there's always the food. :chew:

We're headed to my parents house in about an hour. I'm bringing a smoked turkey (NarrowWay's doing), stuffing, chicken and noodles, sweet potato casserole, chocolate bon bons, and rolls.

I think this is the first time I've been out of the kitchen all day. :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.