Thanksgiving Day poll

Thanksgiving Day poll

• Thanksgiving is specially a Puritan holyday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thanksgiving is just a day to pig out.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
What do you think of Thanksgiving and how do you celebrate it? Do you celebrate it at all?

Spitfire

Erntendankfest... it's been Christian so long it's silly to babble anymore about however pagan it may have been way back when nobody had much of an opportunity to attach any Christian significance to it.

johncalvinhall

What do you think of Thanksgiving and how do you celebrate it? Do you celebrate it at all?

Though I cannot answer for others, I can speak for our family.

Thanksgiving is a time for us to reflect on how God has provided for us in the past, and recognize His promises of continued providence.

Yes, we eat lots of turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, etc. but we do not allow this to detract from the primary focus of glorifying God through worship.

mike.obrien56

after the official day, my wife and i have our own thanksgiving on friday with 'the boys' (our two cays). it's my favorite holiday.

Jackson

It's a day we gather as a family and eat till we get thirsty drink till we get sleepy and then sleep till we get hungry... with some football thrown in there for good measure. :cheers:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I went with family day. As holidays go, its relatively new and its day was set by a president. It remembers and celebrates many things. I do not see it as a particularly Christian holiday as I give God thanks everyday for all that He has done.

We celebrate by gathering the family, giving thanks to God for the feast and family and then eat. Turkey, stuffing, potatoes, green bean casserole (love that!) bread and salad and eggnog pie (my favorite)! When I look at it it is truly humbling how blessed we are. Truly. I can't help but think of those less fortunate than I and I am humbled.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2L8, that was hilarious! :rotfl:
Gots ta gets me one u' dem dare punkin' makerz.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Thanksgiving is a family day, along with a time for our family to remember how blessed we we are, and what the pilgrim's left, traversed, and brought to this place called America. To enjoy a marvelous day together.

We will begin Thanksgiving Day with a 10 a.m. Thanksgiving service at the retirement/healthcare center; after the service we'll enjoy a time of fellowship with the residents, feasting on pumpkin cookies and hot apple cider with cinnamon sticks. Then off to our daughter's and her family in Katy for the rest of the day.

It makes for truly wonderful day of Thanksgiving and celebration.

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One day I am going to celebrate a Thanksgiving. :up: