I'm a newbie with a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbrahamReasoned

I've lurked for a while around here and finally decided to become a member. I'm interested in philosophical theology and cosmology, and firmly believe in an existentialist approach to faith.

What is the makeup of the forums here (% Christians, atheists, agnostics, etc), and within the Christians, what would the breakdown be for evangelicals, "high church," etc?

I'm excited to jump into discussions here as I love talking to atheists and agnostics about their perspectives because I can truly relate - faith has never been obvious for me, but has instead been the product of interpreting a very complex universe. I don't consider them to be enemies, and in fact often feel more affinity towards them than I do conservative evangelical types.

elohiym

Welcome!

I don't know who can give you a breakdown of the site demographics you requested; but I'm sure several people will give you a percentage breakdown of idiots, morons, heretics, and :flamer:s...if you ask nicely.

Enjoy your stay. I left a mint on your pillow.

MacGyver

I've lurked for a while around here and finally decided to become a member. I'm interested in philosophical theology and cosmology, and firmly believe in an existentialist approach to faith.

What is the makeup of the forums here (% Christians, atheists, agnostics, etc), and within the Christians, what would the breakdown be for evangelicals, "high church," etc?

I'm excited to jump into discussions here as I love talking to atheists and agnostics about their perspectives because I can truly relate - faith has never been obvious for me, but has instead been the product of interpreting a very complex universe. I don't consider them to be enemies, and in fact often feel more affinity towards them than I do conservative evangelical types.
Welcome to the forum!

0.00001% Atheist
98% Christian/Catholic
1.99999% Other

Not real statistics, but it should at least give you an idea :p

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Welcome. :e4e:
0.00001% Atheist
98% Christian/Catholic
1.99999% Other

Not real statistics, but it should at least give you an idea :p
And THAT should give you an idea about how some people around here argue...90% of the time. :plain:

...I don't know who can give you a breakdown of the site demographics you requested; but I'm sure several people will give you a percentage breakdown of idiots, morons, heretics, and :flamer:s...if you ask nicely.

Enjoy your stay. I left a mint on your pillow.
There's only really one of me though...and don't eat the mint. He gets them from hotel lobbies. :chew:

Status
Not open for further replies.