Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
chickenman is a TOL super-star.

so they have to work but we don't?

"...have to work..."???

No. Works have nothing to do with anyone's salvation.
But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness... Rom. 4:5
There was a time, however, when works were required as a sign of one's faith. Even after Jesus came to earth, when the object of faith was the Son Himself, belief in Him meant abiding in Him and keeping the commandments.
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life." John 5:24

AS He spoke these words, many believed in Him. Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed." John 8:30-31

"Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit." John 15:2

"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love." John 15:11

You know this is our position, chrys. Yet you continually, falsely present it as if we believe there are 2 requirements for salvation today. This has been clarified to you many times. Agree or not, please stop intentionally misrepresenting our position.
:first:

Status
Not open for further replies.