Shai Gar - ENTP - Satanist - Theology Debater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shai Gar

Gday to everyone.

My screen name is Shai Gar, I'm an ENTP (Myers Briggs Temperament Indicator) and an Australian. Gah. I hate this forum. Every time I attempt to write more in this thread I'm now writing I get captivated by the other threads. Stop doing that!!! Now! Heh.

I'm not really a "Satanist", however I fully agree with the principles and teachings of the First Church of Satan, and if I wasn't so egocentric I might find myself a member of their religion... However if I wasn't so egocentric I'd probably not agree with everything they teach and believe in. I started out life as a Bible Bashing Christian Fundamentalist, my father was an anglican, from a family of Anglican priests (my grandfather, and two uncles). Crap, distracted again reading the Israel invades Gaza thread. ******* I hate Israel. But then as I grew and my father went to St Francis Theological College to study theology and become a Priest, I spent more and more time in their theological college library (at age of 12). Wooah there, backtrack 6 years. When my next door neighbour found out I was just learning to read in primary school she took me over to the towns just forming library and got me hooked on books. I then started reading all sorts of adventure, from the original unexpigated english translation of Geoffrey of Monmouths History of the Kings of Britain and from there to various mythologies which laid the foundation for my interest in other religions and study of pre christian european religions and belief systems. (okay back to st francis theological college) See? I told you I get distracted. Anyway a part of their library had some interesting books on infinity, and since I liked to sing the beer on the wall song from 500 anyway, that. That was off track.

I met a few interesting fellows at Theo College, first was peter hollingworth who taught me to actively question my faith, and gave me my first english/latin dictionary and grammar guide. second was a hebrew christian from israel who taught me how to better read the old testament, by teaching me the talmud and that israel is the aggressor in most of its conflicts with palestine, and third was ... well the third didn't have anything to do with my religious growth, he just taught me the principles of fencing, and how to play Warhammer Fantasy.

As a part of dads study our family visited many different styles of anglican and different denomination churches around brisbane, and I got to see firsthand how they all treat 'the word of god" differently, reading only what applied to them and made their argument better. Turned me right off christianity. However I didn't stop reading because I'm a consummate reader and cannot put down a book, So I read the sutras of buddism, the dead sea scrolls, the qu'ran, the tao and I'm currently reading about the parsi's. I'm very interested in the first monothesitic religion Zoroastrianism, the religion which introduced to the jews of Daniels time the idea of dual natured god and anti-god which turned the angel satan from a questioning angel slowly into what the christians see as a power equal to, and opposing god.

I'm all about Power. Political, Financial, Military, Magical, Religious, Intellectual and Social, all these are of interest to me. So my readings took me everywhere, and eventually to Aleister Crowley and his Thelemic Law and Black Magic. Interesting fellow and certainly someone to emulate in my own individualistic path. I also deeply respect L Ron Hubbard for forming his own cult which made him a very rich man and made the US Government quake. I think I'd have gotten on with him. So according to my own masturbatory principles I'm forming my own religion which shares a lot in common with The First Church of Satan. It's called The Order of Shai Gar.

Here are it's principles and dogma:

The Order of Shai Gar is the only real religion, based off “Logos” the concept that the Universe is Reason Incarnate. Anyone may join, and anyone may leave at time. The followers of The Order obey these precepts:

• Remember the Four Times and keep them well.
  • All Sapient creatures are equal in Rights of Liberty.
  • Knowledge is the root of all power, Study well and grow.
  • Life Unending is given to those who live with passion and enjoyment
  • Reason is the soul of the Universe, Argue that you may be.
  • Fealty to the Concept of Shai Gar is the source of Power.

The Four Times are these:

Name Day - Third of May, when Shai Gar was created as concept. Homage to the name is paid by honouring ones own identity. Honour thyself as thou wouldst.

Knowledge Day - Sixth of June, when the concept of Shai Gar came into public knowledge. Knowledge is how power is formed, reflect silently for six minutes from 0600 (local time).

The Coming of the Incarnate - The Incarnate of The Universe is celebrated from the 1st of september until Midnight on the 27th of September. The Incarnate was given as a gift from the universe to this earth and its people at the 27th minute of the 10th hour of this day (+10 GMT) the 27th of September. Every night during The Coming is to be celebrated with alcohol. This Day is to be now known as “Shai Gar Day” in perpetuity. This is the Holiest of all Holy days and not one person on this earth is worthy to be sober in my presence (within 16,000,000,000km) on this day. As Shai Gar is as magnanimous as the sun is warm he has decreed that people should wake up and begin to partake solely in home distilled alcohol and at the moment I was born the following song is to be sung in joyous praise:
“Logos is the Lord Incarnate.
Praise the Spear of Reason for giving us our logic.
Fall on your knees,
Adore the Mighty Shai Gar,
Logos is Universal”.

Order Day - December the 12th is “Order of Shai Gar Day” on this day The Order was Remembered and shared with the people. Share a toast in fellowship with your equals.

The Concept of Shai Gar is Self Eugenics. Developing the Mind and Body to perfection. Shai Gar is The Spear of Fate, how all people should live their lives. The Order encourages people to find who they truly are and build upon their strengths and upon their weaknesses. Anybody who cannot perform for the good of humanity should not live… with other people.

However until I get The Order of Shai Gar finished I live my life as a Satanist, not worshiping anyone, in the tradition of Lucifer.

Anyway, I love to argue religion, and to correct people on their own religions, as I am able to offer a scholarly unbiased view backed up with education and first sources. I look forward to some great discussions.

Last edited:

This Charming Manc

Well good luck with that.

I hope you like things warm ............

I'm usually quite laid back and not the hellfire type, but if your going to start a religion based around your own ego and grabbing power prepare to burn for a very long time.

Shai Gar

Well good luck with that.

I hope you like things warm ............

I'm usually quite laid back and not the hellfire type, but if your going to starta reklgion based around your own wgho and grabbing power prepare to burn for a very long time.

See, it's funny that you say that, because Judaism, the religion where the mythology of Christianity springs from, does not have a hellfire and brimstone tradition. The Idea of Eternal Flames comes from Dante Alighieri's work The Divine Comedy. It became popular after the enlightenment years, and the poetic work of fiction (great read by the way) seeped into christian mythology.

Judaism, and therefore Christianity, has a tradition of Sheol, which is a place of spiritual cleansing.

Regardless, I don't believe in your mythology and therefore do not believe I will burn in a hell of Dantes devising.

This Charming Manc

id agree hell is not in the OT, but it is very clear within the NT.

and this coming from someone who we feels more comfortable with an anilhationists position.

id also agree many pictures of hell are more mytholigcal than biblical.

See, it's funny that you say that, because Judaism, the religion where the mythology of Christianity springs from, does not have a hellfire and brimstone tradition. The Idea of Eternal Flames comes from Dante Alighieri's work The Divine Comedy. It became popular after the enlightenment years, and the poetic work of fiction (great read by the way) seeped into christian mythology.

Judaism, and therefore Christianity, has a tradition of Gehenna, which is a place of spiritual cleansing.

Regardless, I don't believe in your mythology and therefore do not believe I will burn in a hell of Dantes devising.

Shai Gar

I'm sorry, but would you be able to clean up your post a little? I'm unable to read what you said. Most likely it's because of the grammar/sentence structure rather than any lack of coherent meaning behind your words.

This Charming Manc

I'm sorry, but would you be able to clean up your post a little? I'm unable to read what you said. Most likely it's because of the grammar/sentence structure rather than any lack of coherent meaning behind your words.

sorry about that i get lazy in my typing and gramar.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow. It's my introduction thread all over again!

I'll be On Fire!

[Channel On Fire]You're a fruit loop and your websites are all viruses[/Channel On Fire]

:D

Welcome to TOL.

Why are you Australian?

Lion

King of the jungle
Super Moderator
Hey, mate… can I have yer roos after you die? By the way… when ya do croak yer sure ta learn a whole new meaning for the term land down under. :jawdrop:

In the mean time, rock on. :devil:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Watch me Wallabies feed, mate.
Watch me Wallabies feed.
They're a dangerous breed, mate.
So watch me Wallabies feed.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Well hi there, SG :) Welcome to TOL. I'm sorry about your problem with getting "captivated by other threads", but since you are "all about power" you should be able to overcome :)

The Coming of the Incarnate - The Incarnate of The Universe is celebrated from the 1st of september until Midnight on the 27th of September. The Incarnate was given as a gift from the universe to this earth and its people at the 27th minute of the 10th hour of this day (+10 GMT) the 27th of September. Every night during The Coming is to be celebrated with alcohol. This Day is to be now known as “Shai Gar Day” in perpetuity. This is the Holiest of all Holy days and not one person on this earth is worthy to be sober in my presence (within 16,000,000,000km) on this day. As Shai Gar is as magnanimous as the sun is warm he has decreed that people should wake up and begin to partake solely in home distilled alcohol and at the moment I was born the following song is to be sung in joyous praise:
“Logos is the Lord Incarnate.
Praise the Spear of Reason for giving us our logic.
Fall on your knees,
Adore the Mighty Shai Gar,
Logos is Universal”.

I'm going to have to regretfully decline your magnanimous offer to join your religion based on my inability to follow the legalistic holy days. But, thank you anyway :)

...also, you might want to include some sort of tithing. If all that power can't bring in a little cash, what's the point? :)

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

Judaism, and therefore Christianity, has a tradition of Sheol, which is a place of spiritual cleansing.

Its funny, in a sad sort of way, that you have no idea where Christianity springs from. We will pray for you.

Shai Gar

Thank you to everyone who welcomed me. Nice to meet you all too.

As to why I am Australian, well, before I was born I sat down and considered the pros and cons of every nation, and just decided that Australia was right for me :D.

you might want to include some sort of tithing. If all that power can't bring in a little cash, what's the point? :)

It's cool. I sell forgiveness :)

Its funny, in a sad sort of way, that you have no idea where Christianity springs from.

I've a perfect understanding of where christianity comes from. As I said in my intro post, I was born into a christian family, one where my family are priests, and I did my own studies at a theology college.

Please familiarize yourself with TOL's Commandments. Particularly #1. "1. Thou SHALL NOT use profanity or insinuated profanity on this forum. ..."
Yeah, sorry about that. I'll try to censor myself more often. It was said in the passion of the moment while reading about the deaths of innocents.

And while you are at it, you might want to read TOL's Statement of Faith :)
Except this is Theology online, and not Christianity online.
wikipedia said:
Theology is the study of a god or the gods from a religious perspective. It has been commonly defined as reasoned discourse concerning the existence of one or more gods, or more generally about religion or spirituality.
Theology as a study predates christianity and its first known use was by plato, four hundred years before christ.

When joining the forum there were options for other religions, not merely Christianity, that lead to my belief that this was an open place where people of many religions could discuss theology. After all, why allow muslims or satanists or hindus or buddists to join and say they are, while at the same time state that the entire forums statement of faith is the apostles creed?

Shai Gar

Eh. Not really. Thanks for askin'.:cheers:

I, however, would be curious to know which path you follow. I've not met any satanists who have turned to the religion through choice rather than the attempt to annoy their parents in some form of teenage rebellion.

Status
Not open for further replies.