PDA

View Full Version : What is the HiSTORICAL GOSPEL of Jesus Christ?

Robert Pate
November 21st, 2017, 05:40 PM
Only a very small percentage of Christians know or understand the Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ. Perhaps this is why Jesus said,

"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads to life and FEW THERE BE THAT FIND IT" Matthew 7:14.

Jesus and his Gospel are the narrow gate. The Gospel is the means by which we are saved and justified. There is no other way to be saved and justified. The Gospel is historical because the Gospel is a one time past historical event, this is why the Gospel can be referred to as "The Historical Gospel".

In the "Historical Gospel" Jesus comes into the world as God's new Adam. His mission is do for us that which we are not capable of doing for ourselves because we are sinners. As our substitute and representative Jesus fulfills every jot and title of God's holy law, Matthew 5:18. He does this in our name and on our behalf, just like we did it ourselves. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26. Jesus in our name and on our behalf has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his holy law. Because of the perfect life of Jesus Christ we can now stand before God's Holy Court as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

That is only half of the "Historical Gospel". The rest of the Gospel concerns the death of Christ. God requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to his holy law.

2. A perfect sinless atonement for his sins and the sins of the whole world.

Jesus has victoriously met all of these demands for us, Colossians 2:15. When Jesus died on the cross all of humanity died with him. God put to death the whole human race in Jesus Christ, Romans 6:6. This is why Paul said, "I have been crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live" Galatians 2:20. When Jesus came out of Joseph's new tomb God's new humanity came out with him. This is why Paul wrote,

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things have passed away; behold all things have become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17.

God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. ALL THINGS have been reconciled unto God by his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. God has reconciled us and the whole world unto himself by Jesus Christ. Because of the victorious work of Jesus Christ God can now offer salvation to all, anyone, everyone as a free gift. "The free gift of salvation came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" Romans 5:18. So that now, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Calling upon the Lord is an act of faith that God honors and acknowledges, Romans 5:1.

This Gospel cancels out predestination (Calvinism) Catholicism, all religions, it is very obvious that there is no place in this Gospel for religion of any kind. Jesus has done it all and he has done it perfectly. All that is required of us is to believe and receive what God has done for us in Jesus Christ. No religion needed.

Robert Pate
November 22nd, 2017, 05:48 PM
When we believe and receive the Gospel God seals us with the Holy Spirit.

"In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the Gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that you believed, YOU WERE SEALED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE" Ephesians 1:13.

There is no unsealing. Once sealed always sealed. It is the Holy Spirit working in the life of the believer that will bring about good works.

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

It is all of God. Organized religion tries to do the work of the Holy Spirit. The church thinks that it is their responsibility to teach you how to live the Christian life. When I first became a Christian I attended numerous seminars on how to live the victorious Christian life. I was interested in how I could get the victory over sin. No one told me that Jesus had already defeated sin on my behalf. None of that seminary stuff worked, what it did is it led me into myself and tried to make me religious. Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituality. That was me. All I could think about was me and how I could get the victory over my sins. Religion is law and law is religion. The more you try to be religious the more you will sin. Listen to what Paul says,

"For I was alive without the law (religion) once: but when the commandment came (the law) sin revived and I died and the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death" Romans 7:9, 10.

The more that you are told not to sin the more you will sin. Everything was just fine in the Garden of Eden until God gave the law to Adam and Eve. "Don't eat of the tree in the midst of the garden" More than likely Eve had to run down and check it out. Satan was there waiting for her with his promise that if you eat of the tree you will be like God's, Genesis 3:5.

Religion does not build faith in God or his Son Jesus Christ, religion tries to make you be like God. It is the same old pitch that Satan used to get Eve to sin. I have sat through numerous seminars and Bible studies trying to figure out how I could get the sin out, none of it worked.

Jacob
November 22nd, 2017, 06:48 PM
Why did Paul say to stop sinning?

Robert Pate
November 22nd, 2017, 08:41 PM
Why did Paul say to stop sinning?

Paul's emphasis in his epistles was not law keeping. Paul encouraged Christians to live holy lives for the sake of the Gospel. You cannot be an effective witness for Christ if you are living like the devil.

Jacob
November 22nd, 2017, 08:44 PM
Paul's emphasis in his epistles was not law keeping. Paul encouraged Christians to live holy lives for the sake of the Gospel. You cannot be an effective witness for Christ if you are living like the devil.
What is law keeping? Sin is transgression of the law. What does it mean to observe, keep, obey, God's Commands, His Commandments?

Robert Pate
November 22nd, 2017, 08:50 PM
What is law keeping? Sin is transgression of the law. What does it mean to observe, keep, obey, God's Commands, His Commandments?

Anything in the Bible that tells you to do something or not to do something is law.

The law reveals the nature and character of God. Christians are not led by law, they are led by the Holy Spirit.

Jacob
November 22nd, 2017, 08:56 PM
Anything in the Bible that tells you to do something or not to do something is law.

The law reveals the nature and character of God. Christians are not led by law, they are led by the Holy Spirit.
Does the Holy Spirit ever teach against any commandment of God?

Does the Holy Spirit teach you the commandments of God?

Do you obey the Holy Spirit?

Do you obey the commandments of God?

Robert Pate
November 22nd, 2017, 09:09 PM
Does the Holy Spirit ever teach against any commandment of God?

Does the Holy Spirit teach you the commandments of God?

Do you obey the Holy Spirit?

Do you obey the commandments of God?

Living by laws, rules, commandments is not living by faith. I am not concerned about being holy or righteous. Christ is my righteousness. I know right from wrong and don't need a law to tell me how to live. If you need laws and rules then this scripture is for you, 1 Timothy 1:9.

Jacob
November 22nd, 2017, 09:13 PM
Living by laws, rules, commandments is not living by faith. I am not concerned about being holy or righteous. Christ is my righteousness. I know right from wrong and don't need a law to tell me how to live. If you need laws and rules then this scripture is for you, 1 Timothy 1:9.
Are you saying that you do not sin? Jesus said that we are to keep and teach the Commandments.

Robert Pate
November 22nd, 2017, 09:20 PM
Are you saying that you do not sin? Jesus said that we are to keep and teach the Commandments.

Be honest, can you obey the Sermon on the Mount?

Jesus was a teacher of the law. The law says that your righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. Jesus is trying to tell you that you miss the mark.

Jacob
November 22nd, 2017, 09:22 PM
Be honest, can you obey the Sermon on the Mount?

Jesus was a teacher of the law. The law says that your righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. Jesus is trying to tell you that you miss the mark.The entire Bible is for me. I accept everything that Jesus taught.

Robert Pate
November 22nd, 2017, 09:27 PM
The entire Bible is for me. I accept everything that Jesus taught.

The law is not going to save you. The purpose of the law is to show you that you are a sinner and in need of a savior.

Jacob
November 22nd, 2017, 09:29 PM
The law is not going to save you. The purpose of the law is to show you that you are a sinner and in need of a savior.
No one is saved by the law. God wants you to obey Him.

Robert Pate
November 22nd, 2017, 09:36 PM
No one is saved by the law. God wants you to obey Him.

We obey him when we receive his Son Jesus Christ as our savior.

Jacob
November 22nd, 2017, 09:42 PM
We obey him when we receive his Son Jesus Christ as our savior.
Is receiving Jesus obedience?

What does God consider to be obedience?

What does God want you to obey?

Robert Pate
November 23rd, 2017, 10:10 AM
Is receiving Jesus obedience?

What does God consider to be obedience?

What does God want you to obey?

Christians live their lives before God as sinners, saved sinners.

Paul referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. He also said that "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Jacob
November 23rd, 2017, 10:21 AM
Christians live their lives before God as sinners, saved sinners.

Paul referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. He also said that "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.
Are people who have sinned supposed to obey God?

Robert Pate
November 23rd, 2017, 10:27 AM
Are people who have sinned supposed to obey God?

All that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit.

It is the Holy Spirit working in the life of the Christian that makes him want to live the Christian life and to be an effective witness for Christ and his Gospel. NOT THE LAW.

Jacob
November 23rd, 2017, 11:33 AM
All that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit.

It is the Holy Spirit working in the life of the Christian that makes him want to live the Christian life and to be an effective witness for Christ and his Gospel. NOT THE LAW.
God wants us to obey or observe His Commandments. Jesus taught that to be great in the kingdom of heaven one must keep and teach the Commandments.

Robert Pate
November 23rd, 2017, 01:17 PM
God wants us to obey or observe His Commandments. Jesus taught that to be great in the kingdom of heaven one must keep and teach the Commandments.

I don't think that you believe Paul.

"The letter (law) kills, but the Spirit gives life" 2 Corinthians 3:6.

Jacob
November 23rd, 2017, 01:24 PM
I don't think that you believe Paul.

"The letter (law) kills, but the Spirit gives life" 2 Corinthians 3:6.I do.

I discovered that even Paul spoke about obedience.

beloved57
November 23rd, 2017, 02:09 PM

Your witness for Christ is that sinners He shed His Blood for are unwashed in His Blood and lost ! Dont you believe and teach that ?:jawdrop:

Robert Pate
November 23rd, 2017, 03:24 PM
I do.

I discovered that even Paul spoke about obedience.

Your obedience is not worth much seeing that you are a sinner, Romans 3:23.

In the judgment your obedience will disappear in a puff of smoke.

Robert Pate
November 23rd, 2017, 03:30 PM
Your witness for Christ is that sinners He shed His Blood for are unwashed in His Blood and lost ! Dont you believe and teach that ?:jawdrop:

Because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ God sees ALL THINGS as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. However, nothing is yours until it is received by faith.

Jacob
November 23rd, 2017, 03:44 PM
Your obedience is not worth much seeing that you are a sinner, Romans 3:23.

In the judgment your obedience will disappear in a puff of smoke.
Incorrect.

I believe that you said that you are a sinner. Sinners are not supposed to be sinners.

beloved57
November 23rd, 2017, 04:28 PM
Because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ God sees ALL THINGS as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. However, nothing is yours until it is received by faith.

So you really dont have a witness for Christ but against Him !

Robert Pate
November 24th, 2017, 08:34 AM
Incorrect.

I believe that you said that you are a sinner. Sinners are not supposed to be sinners.

Paul said, "For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

There are two kinds of sinners, saved sinners and lost sinners.

Jacob
November 24th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Paul said, "For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

There are two kinds of sinners, saved sinners and lost sinners.
Do you know anyone who used to be a sinner or is a sinner and knows that they are supposed to obey God?

Robert Pate
November 24th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Do you know anyone who used to be a sinner or is a sinner and knows that they are supposed to obey God?

Everyone is born with a conscious. By the age of 6 or 7 we all know right from wrong and become aware that there is a God and we should not sin against him.

Jacob
November 24th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Everyone is born with a conscious. By the age of 6 or 7 we all know right from wrong and become aware that there is a God and we should not sin against him.
Obedience is not sin. Disobedience is sin.

Robert Pate
November 24th, 2017, 12:27 PM
Obedience is not sin. Disobedience is sin.

Why are you so concerned about obedience? Your very best obedience is sin, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

You need to accept your sinnerhood. God does not accept the obedience of sinners. Better find some other way to be saved.

Jacob
November 24th, 2017, 12:46 PM
Why are you so concerned about obedience? Your very best obedience is sin, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

You need to accept your sinnerhood. God does not accept the obedience of sinners. Better find some other way to be saved.
I already am saved. I am talking to you about obedience because you do not seem to accept that God wants you to be obedient to Him.

beloved57
November 24th, 2017, 01:21 PM

You both the same, thinking that its something man does that gets you saved !

Robert Pate
November 24th, 2017, 03:02 PM
You both the same, thinking that its something man does that gets you saved !

Everyone that was saved in the New Testament were saved because they responded to the Gospel. No response is a response. Only a blind fool would think other wise.

Robert Pate
November 24th, 2017, 03:06 PM
I already am saved. I am talking to you about obedience because you do not seem to accept that God wants you to be obedient to Him.

If you are trusting in your obedience you are not saved. God knows that we are sinners and not able to be obedient. What God wants is for us to believe on his Son Jesus Christ and be saved.

Jacob
November 24th, 2017, 03:25 PM
If you are trusting in your obedience you are not saved. God knows that we are sinners and not able to be obedient. What God wants is for us to believe on his Son Jesus Christ and be saved.
You are correct except that if you are saved you have no excuse to not be obedient.

Robert Pate
November 24th, 2017, 08:22 PM
You are correct except that if you are saved you have no excuse to not be obedient.

It is the work of the Holy Spirit working in your life that will produce the Christian life. Ephesians 2:10.

glorydaz
November 24th, 2017, 09:34 PM

God wants us to walk by faith....trusting in Him to perform His work in us. Those who are IN HIM are confident in His performing....not in our performance.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

beloved57
November 24th, 2017, 10:22 PM
Everyone that was saved in the New Testament were saved because they responded to the Gospel. No response is a response. Only a blind fool would think other wise.

Neither one of you believe in the saving blood of Jesus Christ.

Robert Pate
November 26th, 2017, 06:52 PM
God wants us to walk by faith....trusting in Him to perform His work in us. Those who are IN HIM are confident in His performing....not in our performance.

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Amen.

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

Jacob
November 26th, 2017, 08:58 PM
It is the work of the Holy Spirit working in your life that will produce the Christian life. Ephesians 2:10.Those who are not obedient to God are not of God.

Jacob
November 26th, 2017, 09:00 PM

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:It is not about performance.

Robert Pate
November 26th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Those who are not obedient to God are not of God.

Not exactly true. Christians are sinners, saved sinners.

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us" 1 John 1:8.

Jacob
November 26th, 2017, 10:19 PM
Not exactly true. Christians are sinners, saved sinners.

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us" 1 John 1:8.
Is Jesus the one who is born of God that (who) does not sin?

Robert Pate
November 27th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Is Jesus the one who is born of God that (who) does not sin?

Jesus was without sin, but was willing to become sin for us, 2 Corinthians 5:21.

Jacob
November 27th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Jesus was without sin, but was willing to become sin for us, 2 Corinthians 5:21.
Is it possible to not sin?

Robert Pate
November 27th, 2017, 01:29 PM
Is it possible to not sin?

As long as you are in your Adamic body you will sin.

Remember, the law is spiritual and searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12. Are all of your thoughts without sin?

Jacob
November 27th, 2017, 01:34 PM
As long as you are in your Adamic body you will sin.

Remember, the law is spiritual and searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12. Are all of your thoughts without sin?
I am to obey God in word, thought, and deed.

You keep people in sin, which is different from recognizing that you have sinned, and your need for a Savior.

Robert Pate
November 27th, 2017, 01:43 PM
I am to obey God in word, thought, and deed.

You keep people in sin, which is different from recognizing that you have sinned, and your need for a Savior.

You are to obey God in word, thought and deed and at the same time confessing that you are failing miserably, John 1:8.

Jacob
November 27th, 2017, 01:51 PM
You are to obey God in word, thought and deed and at the same time confessing that you are failing miserably, John 1:8.
To admit that you have failed is different from having success.

Robert Pate
November 27th, 2017, 03:01 PM
To admit that you have failed is different from having success.

Paul never taught that he could obey the law. Paul struggled with sin just like everyone else, Romans Chapter 7.

glorydaz
November 27th, 2017, 03:25 PM

We don't obey our way into God's family. We believe our way into Him.

glorydaz
November 27th, 2017, 03:29 PM
It is not about performance.

Did you read the verse? It IS about our LORD performing HIS GOOD WORK in us. So, yes, it absolutely IS about performance....God's performance, not man's. God is conforming us into the image of the Son.

God's Truth
November 27th, 2017, 03:54 PM

Which Jacob does neither.

Jacob
November 27th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Paul never taught that he could obey the law. Paul struggled with sin just like everyone else, Romans Chapter 7.
No. Paul obeyed commandments of God. He did sin, at least before becoming a believer. Was he fulfilling the law or something else.

Jacob
November 27th, 2017, 04:01 PM

Did you read the verse? It IS about our LORD performing HIS GOOD WORK in us. So, yes, it absolutely IS about performance....God's performance, not man's. God is conforming us into the image of the Son.

You cannot believe your way into anything other than trouble.

glorydaz
November 27th, 2017, 04:13 PM

That just shows me you remain outside....a street urchin.

Jacob
November 27th, 2017, 04:37 PM
That just shows me you remain outside....a street urchin.
Just believe. Don't believe into something.

Robert Pate
November 27th, 2017, 04:38 PM
No. Paul obeyed commandments of God. He did sin, at least before becoming a believer. Was he fulfilling the law or something else.

Before Paul was a Christian he was a Pharisee, Philippians 3:4-6.

The law is the nature and character of God. To say that you can keep the law is to say that you are as righteous as God, which is blasphemy.

glorydaz
November 27th, 2017, 04:49 PM

I did.

I believed into the body of Christ. When I believed, I was created IN HIM....begotten through the Gospel.

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Jacob
November 27th, 2017, 05:04 PM
Before Paul was a Christian he was a Pharisee, Philippians 3:4-6.

The law is the nature and character of God. To say that you can keep the law is to say that you are as righteous as God, which is blasphemy.
I do not believe that Paul is saying before anything. God would not have given us His Law if it was not meant to be kept. Jesus kept it. He instructed to keep and teach it.

Jacob
November 27th, 2017, 05:15 PM
I did.

I believed into the body of Christ. When I believed, I was created IN HIM....begotten through the Gospel.

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
Are you talking about believing more than one thing or continuing to believe something or a thing until something happens or comes to pass? If you believe, simply believe, God recognizes that. You do not need to be in a continual state of believing, except that once you believe, you are saved and do not need to do anything else other than believe. God wants you to obey Him, but that is either something that God does in you or a part of believing. I do not believe that you need to maintain your salvation, because it is God in Christ who saves you. Once you are saved, born again, by believing, faith, faith unto obedience, you are a part of the body of Christ. No works to be saved, but obedience, works, are and do exist as the result of salvation. The other view is once you have faith do not lose that faith or you will lose your salvation. Or, once you have faith you never lose it.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz
November 27th, 2017, 05:34 PM

I did.

Are you talking about believing more than one thing or continuing to believe something or a thing until something happens or comes to pass? If you believe, simply believe, God recognizes that. You do not need to be in a continual state of believing, except that once you believe, you are saved and do not need to do anything else other than believe. God wants you to obey Him, but that is either something that God does in you or a part of believing. I do not believe that you need to maintain your salvation, because it is God in Christ who saves you. Once you are saved, born again, by believing, faith, faith unto obedience, you are a part of the body of Christ. No works to be saved, but obedience, works, are and do exist as the result of salvation. The other view is once you have faith do not lose that faith or you will lose your salvation. Or, once you have faith you never lose it.

Shalom.

Jacob

You said those who don't obey are not of God. Now you're talking about believing.

So what do you believe into. The family of God? The body of Christ? What?

God's Truth
November 27th, 2017, 05:38 PM
I did.

Jesus chooses whom he live with, and he lives with those who repent of their sins.

God's Truth
November 27th, 2017, 05:39 PM
You said those who don't obey are not of God. Now you're talking about believing.

You ought to know by now how Jacob is a dishonest person to discuss with.

glorydaz
November 27th, 2017, 05:41 PM
Jesus chooses whom he live with, and he lives with those who repent of their sins.

Liar.

God's Truth
November 27th, 2017, 05:48 PM
Liar.

Scriptures that say we have to obey:

See Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 10:35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Jesus saves those who believe and obey him. See Acts 5:32, Psalm 50:23, Matthew 18:3, Luke 13:3, John 15:14, Matthew 12:50,Luke 11:28, John 13:17.

God's Truth
November 27th, 2017, 05:51 PM
Liar.

Scriptures that say we have to repent of our sins to be saved:

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Acts 17:30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach this message: “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”

Matthew 11:21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Matthew 12:41 The people of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented when Jonah preached to them—and now, something greater than Jonah is here!

Mark 4:12 so that although they look they may look but not see, and although they hear they may hear but not understand, so they may not repent and be forgiven.”

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

Acts 3:19 Therefore repent and turn back so that your sins may be wiped out,

Did you read Acts 3:19? If they are already saved then why are their sins not already wiped out?

Acts 17:30 Therefore, although God has overlooked such times of ignorance, he now commands all people everywhere to repent,

Jacob
November 27th, 2017, 05:52 PM

I don't believe into anything. When I believed the truth I became a part of, or a member of, the body of Christ, the Church.

Believing and obeying are both good.

Believing God. Believing the truth. Believing the truth about God and Christ.

Obeying God. Obeying Christ. Obeying those who rule over you. Obeying, obedience, to God and Christ and to the truth even the gospel.

glorydaz
November 27th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Scriptures that say we have to obey:

See Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 10:35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Jesus saves those who believe and obey him. See Acts 5:32, Psalm 50:23, Matthew 18:3, Luke 13:3, John 15:14, Matthew 12:50,Luke 11:28, John 13:17.

Not a one of those is the Gospel of Grace.

glorydaz
November 27th, 2017, 06:19 PM
I don't believe into anything. When I believed the truth I became a part of, or a member of, the body of Christ, the Church.

Believing and obeying are both good.

Believing God. Believing the truth. Believing the truth about God and Christ.

Obeying God. Obeying Christ. Obeying those who rule over you. Obeying, obedience, to God and Christ and to the truth even the gospel.

I see you try to cover ever base.

And how did you become a member of the body of Christ?

God's Truth
November 27th, 2017, 06:20 PM
Not a one of those is the Gospel of Grace.

Of course it is, it is about receiving the Holy Spirit.

Duh

Robert Pate
November 27th, 2017, 06:25 PM
I do not believe that Paul is saying before anything. God would not have given us His Law if it was not meant to be kept. Jesus kept it. He instructed to keep and teach it.

God never intended for his people to live according to rules and laws, "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 1:17.

The law was given as a keeper until Jesus arrived, after Jesus arrived they were to live by the Spirit and not the law.

Jacob
November 27th, 2017, 06:37 PM
I see you try to cover ever base.

And how did you become a member of the body of Christ?I asked Jesus into my heart as a child. I had pretended to be asleep and confessed this lie to my parents.

Jacob
November 27th, 2017, 06:38 PM
God never intended for his people to live according to rules and laws, "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 1:17.

The law was given as a keeper until Jesus arrived, after Jesus arrived they were to live by the Spirit and not the law.
Obeying God's Commandments can be seen as obeying God's Law.

God's Truth
November 27th, 2017, 06:46 PM
I asked Jesus into my heart as a child. I had pretended to be asleep and confessed this lie to my parents.

You confessed this lie to your parents? What does that mean?

Jacob
November 27th, 2017, 06:57 PM
You confessed this lie to your parents? What does that mean?
Pretending to be asleep is lying. I confessed this sin with bad feelings, even though sleeping would have been rewarded. I was guilty, and came to understand what this meant.

Robert Pate
November 28th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Pretending to be asleep is lying. I confessed this sin with bad feelings, even though sleeping would have been rewarded. I was guilty, and came to understand what this meant.

Did your parents reject you because you believed in Jesus?

Jacob
November 28th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Did your parents reject you because you believed in Jesus?
That is a good question. My Mother helped me with a prayer to pray.

Robert Pate
November 28th, 2017, 11:19 AM
That is a good question. My Mother helped me with a prayer to pray.

As you know the Jewish people reject Christ as their savior, not all, but most.

It is imperative that you believe Jesus is Lord or God.

"I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he (Lord or God) you shall die in your sins" John 8:36.

What do you think about that scripture?

Jacob
November 28th, 2017, 11:25 AM
As you know the Jewish people reject Christ as their savior, not all, but most.

It is imperative that you believe Jesus is Lord or God.

"I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he (Lord or God) you shall die in your sins" John 8:36.

John 8:36 says Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Robert Pate
November 28th, 2017, 11:29 AM
John 8:36 says Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Sorry, I got the wrong scripture, should have been... John 8:24.

Jacob
November 28th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Sorry, I got the wrong scripture, should have been... John 8:24.

John 8:24 says, Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.

He is in italics.

I believe that He is saying that He is the Son of God. This is from reading the context.

Robert Pate
November 28th, 2017, 11:47 AM
John 8:24 says, Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.

He is in italics.

I believe that He is saying that He is the Son of God. This is from reading the context.

And who do you believe the Son of God is?

Jacob
November 28th, 2017, 11:48 AM
And who do you believe the Son of God is?Jesus.

Robert Pate
November 28th, 2017, 11:53 AM
Jesus.

You are avoiding the question. Do you believe that Jesus is God?

Jacob
November 28th, 2017, 11:54 AM
You are avoiding the question. Do you believe that Jesus is God?
This verse does not say that He is, from what I can tell.

Robert Pate
November 28th, 2017, 11:59 AM
This verse does not say that He is, from what I can tell.

Try this.

Colossians 1:14-17.

Jacob
November 28th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Try this.

Colossians 1:14-17.

Colossians 1:14-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 in whom we have redemption through His blood,[a] the forgiveness of sins.

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Footnotes:

Colossians 1:14 NU-Text and M-Text omit through His blood.

Robert Pate
November 28th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Colossians 1:14-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 in whom we have redemption through His blood,[a] the forgiveness of sins.

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Footnotes:

Colossians 1:14 NU-Text and M-Text omit through His blood.

You didn't answer the question. Is Jesus God?

Jacob
November 28th, 2017, 12:08 PM

That is a good question. I do not know. I believe that He is the Son of God.

Robert Pate
November 28th, 2017, 12:39 PM
That is a good question. I do not know. I believe that He is the Son of God.

He is either God or he is just a good man. Which?

Jacob
November 28th, 2017, 12:54 PM
I do not see this.

God's Truth
November 28th, 2017, 03:11 PM

How about you answer? Is Jesus' words life or not?

God's Truth
November 28th, 2017, 03:12 PM

Does Jesus say you are blessed if you obey or not? Does Jesus say you are his family if you obey or not? Does Jesus say you are his friend if you obey or not?

Robert Pate
November 28th, 2017, 04:24 PM
Does Jesus say you are blessed if you obey or not? Does Jesus say you are his family if you obey or not? Does Jesus say you are his friend if you obey or not?

I am not under the law. Jesus fulfilled the law for me, Matthew 5:18. But you are under the law and will be judged by the law.

Robert Pate
November 28th, 2017, 04:25 PM
I do not see this.

More than likely you will die in your sins.

Jacob
November 28th, 2017, 04:28 PM
More than likely you will die in your sins.You have asked me about something not in the verse (do you believe that Jesus is God?), and I do not know where the idea that Jesus was just a man, or a good man, comes from.

Robert Pate
November 28th, 2017, 04:33 PM
You have asked me about something not in the verse (do you believe that Jesus is God?), and I do not know where the idea that Jesus was just a man, or a good man, comes from.

Only God can forgive sins and raise the dead. There is enough in the scriptures that proves Jesus is God. You don't want to believe that he is, so you will die in your sins.

God's Truth
November 28th, 2017, 04:39 PM
I am not under the law. Jesus fulfilled the law for me, Matthew 5:18. But you are under the law and will be judged by the law.

Jesus fulfilled the law WITH the guidelines and gave new guidelines.
Jesus teaches the law of the Spirit.
Nowhere anywhere does Jesus say we don't have to obey anymore.
Paul says you are either working at doing wrong in life or working at doing right.
So stop saying to obey is some excluded works.
If you are not obeying Jesus---then you ARE WORKING AT SIN.
Now do you really want to keep saying we don't have to obey because it is a work?!

God's Truth
November 28th, 2017, 04:43 PM
More than likely you will die in your sins.

So will YOU if you keep sinning and do not repent.

God's Truth
November 28th, 2017, 04:44 PM
You have asked me about something not in the verse (do you believe that Jesus is God?), and I do not know where the idea that Jesus was just a man, or a good man, comes from.

Jesus is sitting on GOD's THRONE as the RULER over all but you don't want to acknowledge him as God?!

Robert Pate
November 28th, 2017, 04:48 PM
Jesus fulfilled the law WITH the guidelines and gave new guidelines.
Jesus teaches the law of the Spirit.
Nowhere anywhere does Jesus says we don'g have to obey anymore.
Paul says you are either working at doing wrong in life or working at doing right.
So stop saying to obey is some excluded works.

Jesus did not come up with new laws. He elevated and spiritualized the law of Moses. Its the same law that has been abolished.

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in the ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace" Ephesians 2:15.

Jacob
November 28th, 2017, 04:50 PM
Only God can forgive sins and raise the dead. There is enough in the scriptures that proves Jesus is God. You don't want to believe that he is, so you will die in your sins.
I answered you about your scripture from what I know.

Jacob
November 28th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Jesus is sitting on GOD's THRONE as the RULER over all but you don't want to acknowledge him as God?!
I do not know what you are saying, but Jesus is the Son of God.

God's Truth
November 28th, 2017, 04:58 PM
I do not know what you are saying, but Jesus is the Son of God.

Jesus is sitting on His Father's throne.

Submit to God.

Jacob
November 28th, 2017, 04:59 PM
Jesus is sitting on His Father's throne.

Submit to God.
Do you know that Jesus is at the right hand of God? I do not know where what you are saying comes from.

God's Truth
November 28th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Jesus did not come up with new laws. He elevated and spiritualized the law of Moses. Its the same law that has been abolished.
God did not nail His words to the cross. You are worse than any Calvinist.

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in the ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace" Ephesians 2:15.

And Paul says you are working at something and if you are sinning then you are working at sin.

You have no understanding because you do not obey.

God's Truth
November 28th, 2017, 05:02 PM
Do you know that Jesus is at the right hand of God? I do not know where what you are saying comes from.

Revelation 3:21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Son.

Jesus' throne is the Father's throne.

Jacob
November 28th, 2017, 05:03 PM
Revelation 3:21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Son.

Jesus' throne is the Father's throne.

Incorrect

God's Truth
November 28th, 2017, 05:09 PM
Incorrect

You are incorrect.

Jacob
November 28th, 2017, 05:15 PM
You are incorrect.Are you saying that Jesus is the Father or the Father is Jesus or neither something else?

Zeke
November 28th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Only a very small percentage of Christians know or understand the Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ. Perhaps this is why Jesus said,

"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads to life and FEW THERE BE THAT FIND IT" Matthew 7:14.

Jesus and his Gospel are the narrow gate. The Gospel is the means by which we are saved and justified. There is no other way to be saved and justified. The Gospel is historical because the Gospel is a one time past historical event, this is why the Gospel can be referred to as "The Historical Gospel".

In the "Historical Gospel" Jesus comes into the world as God's new Adam. His mission is do for us that which we are not capable of doing for ourselves because we are sinners. As our substitute and representative Jesus fulfills every jot and title of God's holy law, Matthew 5:18. He does this in our name and on our behalf, just like we did it ourselves. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26. Jesus in our name and on our behalf has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his holy law. Because of the perfect life of Jesus Christ we can now stand before God's Holy Court as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

That is only half of the "Historical Gospel". The rest of the Gospel concerns the death of Christ. God requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to his holy law.

2. A perfect sinless atonement for his sins and the sins of the whole world.

Jesus has victoriously met all of these demands for us, Colossians 2:15. When Jesus died on the cross all of humanity died with him. God put to death the whole human race in Jesus Christ, Romans 6:6. This is why Paul said, "I have been crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live" Galatians 2:20. When Jesus came out of Joseph's new tomb God's new humanity came out with him. This is why Paul wrote,

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things have passed away; behold all things have become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17.

God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. ALL THINGS have been reconciled unto God by his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. God has reconciled us and the whole world unto himself by Jesus Christ. Because of the victorious work of Jesus Christ God can now offer salvation to all, anyone, everyone as a free gift. "The free gift of salvation came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" Romans 5:18. So that now, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Calling upon the Lord is an act of faith that God honors and acknowledges, Romans 5:1.

This Gospel cancels out predestination (Calvinism) Catholicism, all religions, it is very obvious that there is no place in this Gospel for religion of any kind. Jesus has done it all and he has done it perfectly. All that is required of us is to believe and receive what God has done for us in Jesus Christ. No religion needed.

Its was Egyptian before the christian label was attached to it Robert. Alvin Boyd Kuhn wrote about the origins of the third century fable we now know as exoteric christian dogma that denies to this day the real meaning of timeless scripture, and where to find the Christ in all men, Luke 17:20-21 and that it has always been the case. The entire Christian Bible, creation legend, descent into and exodus from “Egypt,” ark and flood allegory, Israelite “history,” Hebrew prophecy and poetry, Gospels, Epistles and Revelation imagery, all are now proven to have been the transmission of ancient Egypt’s scrolls and papyri into the hands of later generations which knew neither their true origin nor their fathomless meaning. Long after Egypt’s voice, expressed through the inscribed hieroglyphics, was hushed in silence, the perpetuated relics of Hamitic wisdom, with their cryptic message utterly lost, were brought forth and presented to the world by parties of ignorant zealots as a new body of truth. The only new thing about it was the pitiable exegesis that inspired and accompanied the re- issuance. But the sheer fact that even amid the murks of ignorance and superstition the mere ghost, shell, husk and shadow of Egypt’s wisdom inspired religious piety to extremes of faith and zealotry is singular attestation of its original power and majesty. Only by ac- knowledging and regaining its parenthood in that sublime pagan source will Christianity rise at last to its true nobility and splendor.

God's Truth
November 28th, 2017, 07:17 PM
Are you saying that Jesus is the Father or the Father is Jesus or neither something else?

There is only one God and He is the Father. Since Jesus is God then he must be that one and only God who is the Father.

Jacob
November 28th, 2017, 07:31 PM
There is only one God and He is the Father. Since Jesus is God then he must be that one and only God who is the Father.
False

God's Truth
November 28th, 2017, 09:24 PM
False

Jesus has every name the Father has except God?

Jacob
November 28th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Jesus has every name the Father has except God?
No

God's Truth
November 29th, 2017, 12:48 AM
No

God the Father's names are Deliverer, Redeemer, Savior, Rock, First and Last, King of kings, Lord of lords.

Those are Jesus' names too.

Yet Jesus' name is not also God?

Jacob
November 29th, 2017, 12:56 AM
God the Father's names are Deliverer, Redeemer, Savior, Rock, First and Last, King of kings, Lord of lords.

Those are Jesus' names too.

Yet Jesus' name is not also God?

I do not agree with you. I do not agree with what you have said here.

God's Truth
November 29th, 2017, 01:05 AM
I do not agree with you. I do not agree with what you have said here.

This scripture says GOD is the ONLY RULER, the King of kings, and the Lord of lords.

1 Timothy 6:15
which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

This scripture says that the Lamb, Jesus Christ, is the Lord of lords and the kings of kings.

Revelation 17:14
They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

Jacob
November 29th, 2017, 01:12 AM
This scripture says GOD is the ONLY RULER, the King of kings, and the Lord of lords.

1 Timothy 6:15
which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

This scripture says that the Lamb, Jesus Christ, is the Lord of lords and the kings of kings.

Revelation 17:14
They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”
I am not certain of what you are saying.

God's Truth
November 29th, 2017, 01:22 AM
God the Father is the Holy One.

Isaiah 54:5 For your Maker is your husband-- the LORD Almighty is his name-- the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.

Jesus is the Holy One.

Acts 3:14 You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you.

God the Father is the Rock

Psalm 42:9 I say to God my Rock, "Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?

Jesus is the Rock

1 Corinthians 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

God the Father is the Redeemer

Isaiah 48:17 This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.

Jesus is the Redeemer

Galatians 3:14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

GOD the Father is our Savior

Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior be glory,

Jesus is Savior

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

God the Father is the First and the Last

Isaiah 48:12 "Listen to me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

Jesus is the First and the Last

Revelation 22:12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

God's Truth
November 29th, 2017, 01:24 AM
I am not certain of what you are saying.

Jesus' names are the same names as God the Father's.

Take your time and study it harder.

Jacob
November 29th, 2017, 01:26 AM
God the Father is the Holy One.

Isaiah 54:5 For your Maker is your husband-- the LORD Almighty is his name-- the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.

Jesus is the Holy One.

Acts 3:14 You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you.

God the Father is the Rock

Psalm 42:9 I say to God my Rock, "Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?

Jesus is the Rock

1 Corinthians 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

God the Father is the Redeemer

Isaiah 48:17 This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.

Jesus is the Redeemer

Galatians 3:14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

GOD the Father is our Savior

Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior be glory,

Jesus is Savior

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

God the Father is the First and the Last

Isaiah 48:12 "Listen to me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

Jesus is the First and the Last

Revelation 22:12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

I do not agree with what you have said here.

Jacob
November 29th, 2017, 01:27 AM
Jesus' names are the same names as God the Father's.

Take your time and study it harder.

I do not agree with you.

God's Truth
November 29th, 2017, 01:29 AM
I do not agree with you.

It is the scriptures. Read and study for yourself.

Jacob
November 29th, 2017, 01:30 AM
It is the scriptures. Read and study for yourself.
Not if you are a woman.

God's Truth
November 29th, 2017, 01:34 AM
Not if you are a woman.

Read and study for yourself.

Jacob
November 29th, 2017, 01:39 AM
Read and study for yourself.1 Timothy 2:12

God's Truth
November 29th, 2017, 01:48 AM
1 Timothy 2:12

Study for yourself. Don't have a man or a woman help you. You can do it yourself. You should do it yourself that way you can take as long as you need without others being frustrated with your learning disability.
There have been women speaking to you on this site. If you think it is a sin then it is sin.

Jacob
November 29th, 2017, 02:26 AM
Study for yourself. Don't have a man or a woman help you. You can do it yourself. You should do it yourself that way you can take as long as you need without others being frustrated with your learning disability.
There have been women speaking to you on this site. If you think it is a sin then it is sin.
I do not have a learning disability. I am a man. I read, study, observe, keep, and teach the Torah. I would like to finish reading the TaNaK. I also accept Matthew through Revelation. It is a sin for a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man. I understand learning from one's mother or grandmother. But men need to teach men, before ever they teach women. A single man may teach women. A man may teach his wife. I am not married. Neither were Jesus or Paul. You may have shown me something, even if untrue. But your words are not mine and you told me something you wanted me to do. May you learn of God if I never can teach you, unless you are a man then who can teach a man. There are gifted teachers in the church.

Shalom.

Jacob

God's Truth
November 29th, 2017, 09:01 AM
I do not have a learning disability. I am a man. I read, study, observe, keep, and teach the Torah. I would like to finish reading the TaNaK. I also accept Matthew through Revelation. It is a sin for a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man. I understand learning from one's mother or grandmother. But men need to teach men, before ever they teach women. A single man may teach women. A man may teach his wife. I am not married. Neither were Jesus or Paul. You may have shown me something, even if untrue. But your words are not mine and you told me something you wanted me to do. May you learn of God if I never can teach you, unless you are a man then who can teach a man. There are gifted teachers in the church.

Shalom.

Jacob

Just because you don't admit you have a learning disability does not mean you don't have one. You have discussed with many women on this site and when you are not able to defend your beliefs your last resort is to say you obey Paul and don't learn from women. There is something wrong with you and I am going to stay away from such a person as yourself. If you were so concerned about obeying God then you wouldn't be a hypocrite and call another man 'rabbi'. You are a dishonest person whether or not you have a learning disability.

Jacob
November 29th, 2017, 02:44 PM
Just because you don't admit you have a learning disability does not mean you don't have one. You have discussed with many women on this site and when you are not able to defend your beliefs your last resort is to say you obey Paul and don't learn from women. There is something wrong with you and I am going to stay away from such a person as yourself. If you were so concerned about obeying God then you wouldn't be a hypocrite and call another man 'rabbi'. You are a dishonest person whether or not you have a learning disability.

I have not been told that I have a learning disability. I do not know where you came up with that from. If you are a woman you have no business teaching men. I have been called a Rabbi without asking anyone to do so.

God's Truth
November 29th, 2017, 03:41 PM
I have not been told that I have a learning disability. I do not know where you came up with that from. If you are a woman you have no business teaching men. I have been called a Rabbi without asking anyone to do so.

I think you are a troll. What idiot called you a rabbi?

Jacob
November 29th, 2017, 03:47 PM
I think you are a troll. What idiot called you a rabbi?
A woman.

I want to be a Rabbi.

God's Truth
November 29th, 2017, 04:29 PM
A woman.

I want to be a Rabbi.

I think you are dishonest and are not telling the truth.

Jacob
November 29th, 2017, 04:30 PM
I think you are dishonest and are not telling the truth.
No

Robert Pate
November 29th, 2017, 09:55 PM
No

Jacob, you are the worse kind of a sinner, one that thinks he has no sin and is righteous.

Jacob
November 29th, 2017, 10:17 PM
Jacob, you are the worse kind of a sinner, one that thinks he has no sin and is righteous.
Incorrect. What do you mean thinks he has no sin and is righteous? What does it mean to have sin? I believe that I have sinned.

meshak
November 30th, 2017, 09:10 AM

did he say he has no sin?

beloved57
November 30th, 2017, 09:16 AM

Its no worser than saying and believing that sinners Christ shed His blood for, washed them in His Blood, are still lost and condemned as you do !

Robert Pate
November 30th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Its no worser than saying and believing that sinners Christ shed His blood for, washed them in His Blood, are still lost and condemned as you do !

You are condemned because you have never received Christ as your savior. Instead you want to be predestinated. Not going to happen.

Robert Pate
November 30th, 2017, 12:27 PM
Incorrect. What do you mean thinks he has no sin and is righteous? What does it mean to have sin? I believe that I have sinned.

The law demands perfection. You don't have it to offer. You need Christ to save you from the law.

God's Truth
November 30th, 2017, 12:37 PM
did he say he has no sin?

You lie about what I have said. Why don't you stop just posting to inflame?

Jacob
November 30th, 2017, 01:55 PM
The law demands perfection. You don't have it to offer. You need Christ to save you from the law.
I am not intending to offer perfection.

Jacob
November 30th, 2017, 01:56 PM
I do not believe that all people are saved.

Robert Pate
November 30th, 2017, 02:56 PM
I am not intending to offer perfection.

Anything less than perfection is sin. This is why we are to live by the Spirit of Christ and not the letter of the law, 2 Corinthians 3:6.

God's Truth
November 30th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Anything less than perfection is sin. This is why we are to live by the Spirit of Christ and not the letter of the law, 2 Corinthians 3:6.

Does that mean you are working out your salvation with trembling and fear and training yourself?

Robert Pate
November 30th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Does that mean you are working out your salvation with trembling and fear and training yourself?

Working out your salvation is for new Christians.

I am no longer working at any thing. I am resting in what Christ has already worked out for me in the Gospel, Hebrews 4:10.

God's Truth
November 30th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Working out your salvation is for new Christians.

I am no longer working at any thing. I am resting in what Christ has already worked out for me in the Gospel, Hebrews 4:10.

So you were a new Christian before and did work out your salvation, but now are old and speaking against working it out and training yourself?

We are to obey even before we are too old and sick to sin.

Jacob
November 30th, 2017, 03:38 PM
The important thing is to obey God's Commandments.

God's Truth
November 30th, 2017, 03:45 PM

You couldn't even be a Jew as you claim if you obeyed the commandments.

Matthew 23:6 They love the places of honor at banquets, the chief seats in the synagogues, 7 the greetings in the marketplaces, and the title of ‘Rabbi’’ by which they are addressed. 8 "But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

Mark 12:38
In His teaching Jesus also said, "Watch out for the scribes. They like to walk around in long robes, to receive greetings in the marketplaces,

In His teaching Jesus also said, "Watch out for the scribes. They like to walk around in long robes, to receive greetings in the marketplaces,

Luke 11:43
Woe to you Pharisees! You love the chief seats in the synagogues and the greetings in the marketplaces.

Jacob
November 30th, 2017, 03:56 PM
You couldn't even be a Jew as you claim if you obeyed the commandments.

Matthew 23:6 They love the places of honor at banquets, the chief seats in the synagogues, 7 the greetings in the marketplaces, and the title of ‘Rabbi’’ by which they are addressed. 8 "But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

Luke 11:43
Woe to you Pharisees! You love the chief seats in the synagogues and the greetings in the marketplaces.
Please explain your thinking.

If I can help you I will do my best to do so.

Robert Pate
November 30th, 2017, 04:01 PM

No, the important thing is to live by the Spirit. Living by the Spirit is to live according to the Gospel.

In the Gospel I have been justified, sanctified, and redeemed and sit in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6. I am perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

How about you?

Jacob
November 30th, 2017, 04:11 PM
No, the important thing is to live by the Spirit. Living by the Spirit is to live according to the Gospel.

In the Gospel I have been justified, sanctified, and redeemed and sit in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6. I am perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

How about you?
What does it mean to obey the gospel? I believe it is more than just my belief in God and that Jesus died to forgive me of my sins and grant me the free gift of eternal life, if I would but repent and put my faith in God and Jesus, which I believe and have done. It involves obedience to God's Commandments. Not for salvation. But because God wants me to obey Him.

See Ephesians 2:8-9.

Ephesians 2:8-9 New King James Version (NKJV)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

God's Truth
November 30th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Please explain your thinking.

If I can help you I will do my best to do so.

You can't even help yourself.

God's Truth
November 30th, 2017, 04:28 PM

How about you?

Living by the Spirit IS obeying Jesus's commands. No one is living by the Spirit unless they are getting Jesus' teachings and obeying them.

God's Truth
November 30th, 2017, 04:30 PM
What does it mean to obey the gospel? I believe it is more than just my belief in God and that Jesus died to forgive me of my sins and grant me the free gift of eternal life, if I would but repent and put my faith in God and Jesus, which I believe and have done. It involves obedience to God's Commandments. Not for salvation. But because God wants me to obey Him.

See Ephesians 2:8-9.

Ephesians 2:8-9 New King James Version (NKJV)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

You would have to give up trying to be a Jew with that congregation you belong to because they sin by disobeying Jesus by calling people 'rabbi'. You also show that you have a prideful disobedient heart when you said you wanted to be a rabbi.

You don't even know that we are supposed to want to obey God for salvation.

Jacob
November 30th, 2017, 04:34 PM
You can't even help yourself.I do not know why you say this.

God's Truth
November 30th, 2017, 04:35 PM
I do not know why you say this.

I know you do not know.

Jacob
November 30th, 2017, 04:35 PM
You would have to give up trying to be a Jew with that congregation you belong to because they sin by disobeying Jesus by calling people 'rabbi'. You also show that you have a prideful disobedient heart when you said you wanted to be a rabbi.

You don't even know that we are supposed to want to obey God for salvation.
Please explain what you are saying or allow me to respond.

Jacob
November 30th, 2017, 04:38 PM
I know you do not know.What is it that you believe that I do not know?

God's Truth
November 30th, 2017, 05:02 PM
What is it that you believe that I do not know?

You wouldn't understand if I told you.

Jacob
November 30th, 2017, 05:17 PM
You wouldn't understand if I told you.That is what you say you believe.

Robert Pate
November 30th, 2017, 05:29 PM
Living by the Spirit IS obeying Jesus's commands. No one is living by the Spirit unless they are getting Jesus' teachings and obeying them.

You don't believe much of what Paul wrote, do you?

You are under the law and will be judged by the law.

You don't believe the Gospel.

God's Truth
November 30th, 2017, 05:39 PM
You don't believe much of what Paul wrote, do you?

You are under the law and will be judged by the law.

You don't believe the Gospel.

You should go against Satan and stop being his worker.

Robert Pate
November 30th, 2017, 05:46 PM
You should go against Satan and stop being his worker.

Teaching people to keep a law that cannot be kept is about as Satanic as it gets.

God never intended for his people to live by laws and rules. If you need the law you are one of these, 1 Timothy 1:9,10.

beloved57
November 30th, 2017, 05:50 PM
You are condemned because you have never received Christ as your savior. Instead you want to be predestinated. Not going to happen.

You don't believe in Christ, You teach that sinners He died for are still lost. That's unbelief!

God's Truth
November 30th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Teaching people to keep a law that cannot be kept is about as Satanic as it gets.
Didn't you say Jesus taught the law? So according to you what Jesus said is Satanic now?

Lying about what someone says and does is Satanic. I have told you before that I don't teach the old law but the new law. Show where I tell people to get circumcised.

God never intended for his people to live by laws and rules. If you need the law you are one of these, 1 Timothy 1:9,10.

The law is for them so that they can know why they are being punished

Those who are ensnared by the devil teach that we don't have to obey God.

Robert Pate
November 30th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Didn't you say Jesus taught the law? So according to you what Jesus said is Satanic now?

Lying about what someone says and does is Satanic. I have told you before that I don't teach the old law but the new law. Show where I tell people to get circumcised.

The law is for them so that they can know why they are being punished

Those who are ensnared by the devil teach that we don't have to obey God.

Living by rules and laws is not living by faith. You need to read Paul's epistles.

God's Truth
November 30th, 2017, 09:53 PM
Living by rules and laws is not living by faith. You need to read Paul's epistles.

If you do wrong you will be repaid that is what God says.

Don't deceive yourself. That is what God says.

If you are a believer and do wrong, then you will suffer wrath until you repent.

Robert Pate
December 1st, 2017, 09:01 AM
If you do wrong you will be repaid that is what God says.

Don't deceive yourself. That is what God says.

If you are a believer and do wrong, then you will suffer wrath until you repent.

You are a Pharisee. Christians are under grace, not law.

God's Truth
December 1st, 2017, 10:17 AM
You are a Pharisee. Christians are under grace, not law.

The Pharisees are like you, they did not repent of their sins to get saved.

Paul taught the exact same thing as John the baptizer.

You can't tell the difference, except for all nationalities can be saved:

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

Luke 3:8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.

Robert Pate
December 1st, 2017, 10:21 AM
The Pharisees are like you, they did not repent of their sins to get saved.

You don't believe that God has ALREADY dealt with the sins of humanity, so, you are trying to deal with them yourself.

God's Truth
December 1st, 2017, 10:25 AM
You don't believe that God has ALREADY dealt with the sins of humanity, so, you are trying to deal with them yourself.

You can't tell the difference, except for all nationalities can be saved:

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

Luke 3:8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.

God's Truth
December 1st, 2017, 10:31 AM
It is unbelievable how a mind snatched by the devil works. How is it that scripture plain and clear can be denied so ferociously and so blindly?

Robert Pate
December 1st, 2017, 11:06 AM
It is unbelievable how a mind snatched by the devil works. How is it that scripture plain and clear can be denied so ferociously and so blindly?

You should be concerned about sin, because you are going to be judged by the law.

I am not concerned about sin because God has ALREADY dealt with it in Jesus Christ.

God's Truth
December 3rd, 2017, 03:20 AM
You should be concerned about sin, because you are going to be judged by the law.

I am not concerned about sin because God has ALREADY dealt with it in Jesus Christ.

Jesus fulfilled the law.

Robert Pate
December 4th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Jesus fulfilled the law.

Jesus fulfilled the law FOR US and the he abolished the law FOR US. To be under the law or subject to it is to be under judgment and condemnation.

God's Truth
December 4th, 2017, 08:11 PM
Jesus fulfilled the law FOR US and the he abolished the law FOR US. To be under the law or subject to it is to be under judgment and condemnation.

You have no understanding, you are really missing out, but that is the way God says it has to be. Those who want understanding have to humble themselves and repent of their sins.

Jesus fulfilled the law THE GUIDELINES and REGULATIONS.

We have a new covenant with new guidelines and regulations.

glorydaz
December 4th, 2017, 08:36 PM
You have no understanding, you are really missing out, but that is the way God says it has to be. Those who want understanding have to humble themselves

:mock: "humble themselves"

God's Truth
December 4th, 2017, 09:19 PM
:mock: "humble themselves"

Are you ashamed to say what Jesus says?

Robert Pate
December 5th, 2017, 08:36 AM
You have no understanding, you are really missing out, but that is the way God says it has to be. Those who want understanding have to humble themselves and repent of their sins.

Jesus fulfilled the law THE GUIDELINES and REGULATIONS.

We have a new covenant with new guidelines and regulations.

You think that the law of Moses has been replaced by the law of Christ?

Jesus didn't come to replace the law, he came to fulfill it and abolish it for Christians.

The law does not save, the law judges and condemns. You need to believe Paul, Romans 3:20.

God's Truth
December 6th, 2017, 01:57 AM
You think that the law of Moses has been replaced by the law of Christ?

Jesus didn't come to replace the law, he came to fulfill it and abolish it for Christians.

The law does not save, the law judges and condemns. You need to believe Paul, Romans 3:20.

Jesus fulfilled the law. That means the ceremonial works that once purified and justified people are now done by Jesus. It doesn't mean you don't have to obey God anymore; it means you don't have to get cut in your flesh and sacrifice animals, etc.

Jesus gave a new law. The new law is the old law with some changes. God did not nail obeying Him to the cross. Don't be pathetic.

Robert Pate
December 6th, 2017, 09:07 AM
Jesus fulfilled the law. That means the ceremonial works that once purified and justified people are now done by Jesus. It doesn't mean you don't have to obey God anymore; it means you don't have to get cut in your flesh and sacrifice animals, etc.

Jesus gave a new law. The new law is the old law with some changes. God did not nail obeying Him to the cross. Don't be pathetic.

You are in conflict with God's word

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us and took it out of the way NAILING IT TO HIS CROSS" Colossians 2:14.

There it is, right in your face. The law has been abolished, just like the scriptures say, Ephesians 2:15.

God's Truth
December 6th, 2017, 02:59 PM
You are in conflict with God's word

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us and took it out of the way NAILING IT TO HIS CROSS" Colossians 2:14.

That is the ceremonial/purification works.

There it is, right in your face. The law has been abolished, just like the scriptures say, Ephesians 2:15.

Read it more carefully, it is about the purification works.

Robert Pate
December 6th, 2017, 04:40 PM

There is nothing in that scripture about purification works.

The new man is the man that lives by faith, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by the letter of the law.

God's Truth
December 6th, 2017, 06:21 PM
There is nothing in that scripture about purification works.

The new man is the man that lives by faith, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by the letter of the law.

The letter of the law is about the purification works and the people used to live by it.

glorydaz
December 7th, 2017, 12:11 AM
The letter of the law is about the purification works and the people used to live by it.

No it isn't. The letter of the law refers to the outward keeping of the law....not committing the act. While the spirit of the law is of the heart....not lusting etc.

glorydaz
December 7th, 2017, 12:12 AM

Will the woman never grow a brain? :doh:

God's Truth
December 7th, 2017, 12:13 AM
No it isn't. The letter of the law refers to the outward keeping of the law....not committing the act. While the spirit of the law is of the heart....not lusting etc.

No it isn't.

glorydaz
December 7th, 2017, 12:14 AM
Are you ashamed to say what Jesus says?

No, I'm ashamed that you claim you humble yourself. I feel sorry for you, GT. In spite of the false gospel you continue to preach.

glorydaz
December 7th, 2017, 12:25 AM
No it isn't.

This is common knowledge. :nono:

The letter of the law versus the spirit of the law is an idiomatic antithesis. When one obeys the letter of the law but not the spirit, one is obeying the literal interpretation of the words (the "letter") of the law, but not necessarily the intent of those who wrote the law.

Robert Pate
December 7th, 2017, 04:09 PM

Your religion of law keeping is obsolete. It is like feeding a dead horse.

The law that you are trying to do or keep has been abolished, Colossians 2:14. Abolished means that it has been destroyed.

Trying to please God by keeping the law shows that you are not a Christian and are probably lost.

God's Truth
December 7th, 2017, 05:12 PM
Your religion of law keeping is obsolete. It is like feeding a dead horse.

The law that you are trying to do or keep has been abolished, Colossians 2:14. Abolished means that it has been destroyed.

Trying to please God by keeping the law shows that you are not a Christian and are probably lost.

Uh there is a new law. So sad for you acting so wise when you have no idea.

God's Truth
December 7th, 2017, 05:13 PM
No, I'm ashamed that you claim you humble yourself. I feel sorry for you, GT. In spite of the false gospel you continue to preach.

Oh how wonderful for you to feel sorry for me for being glad in the Lord and preaching what the Lord says.

Robert Pate
December 7th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Uh there is a new law. So sad for you acting say wise when you have no idea.

Jesus is the New Covenant. There are no new laws, Hebrews 8:6-13.

God's Truth
December 7th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Jesus is the New Covenant. There are no new laws, Hebrews 8:6-13.

Hebrews 7:12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

Robert Pate
December 9th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Hebrews 7:12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

It was changed alright. Jesus is the New Covenant, Hebrews 7:22. This is why "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

Living by rules and laws is a denial of the Gospel.

God's Truth
December 9th, 2017, 03:18 PM
It was changed alright. Jesus is the New Covenant, Hebrews 7:22. This is why "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

Living by rules and laws is a denial of the Gospel.

You said earlier that Jesus taught the old and that what Jesus said was abolished!!!

The just shall live by faith because they have the laws Jesus preached WRITTEN ON THEIR HEART.

Tell me how you can love God and your neighbor if you are not obeying the new law that says do not murder, do not even hate or get angry? Tell me how you are obeying the new law that says don't commit adultery, do not even look at another woman with lust?

Tell me how?

Robert Pate
December 9th, 2017, 05:20 PM
You said earlier that Jesus taught the old and that what Jesus said was abolished!!!

The just shall live by faith because they have the laws Jesus preached WRITTEN ON THEIR HEART.

Tell me how you can love God and your neighbor if you are not obeying the new law that says do not murder, do not even hate or get angry? Tell me how you are obeying the new law that says don't commit adultery, do not even look at another woman with lust?

Tell me how?

You have no idea of what salvation by grace through faith is about.

I am not under any laws or rules, nor do I live by laws and rules. I don't need to be told how to live. The Holy Spirit teaches me and keeps me from sin, not laws and rules. Do you really need to be told what you should not do? This is why Paul said that the law is not for the righteous man. If you need the law then maybe you are one of these, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

God's Truth
December 9th, 2017, 11:48 PM
You have no idea of what salvation by grace through faith is about.

I am not under any laws or rules, nor do I live by laws and rules. I don't need to be told how to live. The Holy Spirit teaches me and keeps me from sin, not laws and rules. Do you really need to be told what you should not do? This is why Paul said that the law is not for the righteous man. If you need the law then maybe you are one of these, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

Paul is under the law of Christ. You say you are not under any law. You don't imitate Paul, and you claim his writings are worthless and you don't need them.

Robert Pate
December 10th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Paul is under the law of Christ. You say you are not under any law. You don't imitate Paul, and you claim his writings are worthless and you don't need them.

Under the law of Christ means to be "In Christ". All that are "In Christ" God sees as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10

You are not there, instead you are trying to reform your flesh by the works of the law. You have not entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10.

God's Truth
December 10th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Under the law of Christ means to be "In Christ". All that are "In Christ" God sees as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10

You are not there, instead you are trying to reform your flesh by the works of the law. You have not entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10.

You are distorting the truth. Jesus came and gave teachings, which are guidelines for the new law. There is no such thing as nothing to obey.

We are transformed by obeying Jesus' teachings.

Do you not know how many things and how many times Paul tells us to obey?

Robert Pate
December 10th, 2017, 09:52 PM
You are distorting the truth. Jesus came and gave teachings, which are guidelines for the new law. There is no such thing as nothing to obey.

We are transformed by obeying Jesus' teachings.

Do you not know how many things and how many times Paul tells us to obey?

The law will not save you, nor will the law transform you. What the law is going to do for you is damn you to hell. The law demands perfection, you don't have it to offer.

God's Truth
December 10th, 2017, 10:23 PM
The law will not save you, nor will the law transform you. What the law is going to do for you is damn you to hell. The law demands perfection, you don't have it to offer.

There is a new law and if you don't obey, you will not be saved.

1 Corinthians 5:13
God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked person from among you."

Robert Pate
December 11th, 2017, 04:25 PM
There is a new law and if you don't obey, you will not be saved.

1 Corinthians 5:13
God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked person from among you."

Jesus in your name and on your behalf fulfilled the law for you, Matthew 5:18.

But you want to do it yourself.

God's Truth
December 11th, 2017, 11:46 PM
Jesus in your name and on your behalf fulfilled the law for you, Matthew 5:18.

But you want to do it yourself.

Jesus did it so that we have someone to obey to be reconciled to God.

Robert Pate
December 12th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Jesus did it so that we have someone to obey to be reconciled to God.

So, you believe that Jesus was showing you how to be reconciled to God?

God's Truth
December 12th, 2017, 12:22 PM
So, you believe that Jesus was showing you how to be reconciled to God?

Jesus came to give us the guidelines and then he shed his blood for that new covenant.

Robert Pate
December 13th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Jesus came to give us the guidelines and then he shed his blood for that new covenant.

The guide lines are the law.

You believe that you are saved by doing the law.

God's Truth
December 13th, 2017, 10:25 AM
The guide lines are the law.

You believe that you are saved by doing the law.

No, the guidelines are not the old law. Jesus gave the new law guidelines.

Do you really think that Jesus shed his blood for an old covenant?

Robert Pate
December 13th, 2017, 11:50 AM
No, the guidelines are not the old law. Jesus gave the new law guidelines.

Do you really think that Jesus shed his blood for an old covenant?

The Old Covenant and the law were nailed to his cross, Colossians 2:14.

God's Truth
December 13th, 2017, 07:46 PM
The Old Covenant and the law were nailed to his cross, Colossians 2:14.

No, the old covenant's guidelines are nailed to the cross.

Read more carefully.

Robert Pate
December 14th, 2017, 04:47 PM
No, the old covenant's guidelines are nailed to the cross.

Read more carefully.

The Old Covenant was the law and the Jewish religion, Hebrews 8:6-13. Both have been abolished by Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:14. Observing the law is like feeding a dead horse.

God's Truth
December 14th, 2017, 04:53 PM
The Old Covenant was the law and the Jewish religion, Hebrews 8:6-13. Both have been abolished by Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:14. Observing the law is like feeding a dead horse.

Read more carefully. God wiped out the ordinances that were against us. That is about where one worked at cleaning themselves, and the put to death part where one is separated from God and put to death.

Notice that the scripture you gave says it is a new covenant? Covenants have rules and guidelines, even the new one.

Robert Pate
December 14th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Read more carefully. God wiped out the ordinances that were against us. That is about where one worked at cleaning themselves, and the put to death part where one is separated from God and put to death.

Notice that the scripture you gave says it is a new covenant? Covenants have rules and guidelines, even the new one.

There are no laws or rules in the New Covenant. Where there are laws and rules there is judgment and condemnation, Hebrews 8:12.