PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Christians

meshak
November 6th, 2017, 05:30 AM
What do you think Jesus' basic principle or essential purpose for the world?

thank you.

PS, this is a simple question; please give a simple answer.

meshak
November 6th, 2017, 06:14 AM
It seems that not many Christians have answer to this simple question.

oatmeal
November 6th, 2017, 10:20 AM

thank you.

John 10:10 b

I John 3:8

Nihilo
November 6th, 2017, 11:38 AM

thank you.

PS, this is a simple question; please give a simple answer.Oatmeal's John 10:10 (KJV) is good, I'd add Paul's 1st Corinthians 15:25 (KJV), which references Psalm 110:1 (KJV).

meshak
November 6th, 2017, 08:26 PM
John 10:10 b

I John 3:8

So how do you understand those verses in a nutshell?

meshak
November 6th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Oatmeal's John 10:10 (KJV) is good, I'd add Paul's 1st Corinthians 15:25 (KJV), which references Psalm 110:1 (KJV).

I ask you the same. How do you understand those verses in a nutshell?

Nihilo
November 6th, 2017, 08:43 PM
I ask you the same. How do you understand those verses in a nutshell?We're either part of the solution, or we're His enemies.

meshak
November 6th, 2017, 08:51 PM
We're either part of the solution, or we're His enemies.

How do you become part of the solution, specifically?

Nihilo
November 6th, 2017, 09:01 PM
How do you become part of the solution, specifically?Specifically, what the Church's authorized teachers teach is...

307 To human beings God even gives the power of freely sharing in his providence by entrusting them with the responsibility of subduing the earth and having dominion over it. God thus enables men to be intelligent and free causes in order to complete the work of creation, to perfect its harmony for their own good and that of their neighbors. Though often unconscious collaborators with God's will, they can also enter deliberately into the divine plan by their actions, their prayers and their sufferings. They then fully become "God's fellow workers" and co-workers for his kingdom.Through our actions, our prayers, and our sufferings.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p4.htm#307

meshak
November 6th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Specifically, what the Church's authorized teachers teach is...
Through our actions, our prayers, and our sufferings.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p4.htm#307

I asked a simple question. Can you give us simple answer in your understanding?

Nihilo
November 6th, 2017, 09:17 PM
I asked a simple question. Can you give us simple answer in your understanding?Believe Easter.

meshak
November 6th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Believe Easter.

I guess you cannot spread Jesus to the world. You don't seem to understand Jesus' main purposed for the world.

Nihilo
November 6th, 2017, 09:27 PM
I guess you cannot spread Jesus to the world. You don't seem to understand Jesus' main purposed for the world.Another crazy old woman. Censored.

meshak
November 6th, 2017, 09:46 PM
Another crazy old woman. Censored.

good day.

meshak
November 6th, 2017, 10:05 PM
Jesus says:

"For God so love the world... whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

He was sent by His Father to forgive our sins so we have eternal life.

I what is sin? Wrong doings.

When you read His word, it is clear that God is going to give us peaceful and loving world if that's what we desire and aim to accomplish: This is the main theme of Christianity.

Jesus teaches us how to acquire them.

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 07:01 PM
Not too many are interesting Jesus' word.

Paul is not our Lord, Jesus is.

steko
November 7th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Not too many are interesting Jesus' word.

Paul is not our Lord, Jesus is.

1Co_14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Paul's writings are instruction from the ascended Lord Jesus.

glorydaz
November 7th, 2017, 07:09 PM
1Co_14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Paul's writings are instruction from the ascended Lord Jesus.

Maybe Meshak doesn't know our Lord is ascended...or maybe she doesn't know that He told Paul what to preach. :chew:

patrick jane
November 7th, 2017, 07:24 PM
Maybe Meshak doesn't know our Lord is ascended...or maybe she doesn't know that He told Paul what to preach. :chew:She doesn't believe Paul, only Jesus, but it IS from Christ Jesus. :kookoo:

Galatians 1:12 KJV -

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Your comments prove you put Paul on a pedestal.

You guys keep dismiss that Jesus said not to let anyone call you a teacher because He is the Teacher.

And Paul is taking over Jesus' position.

patrick jane
November 7th, 2017, 07:36 PM
Your comments prove you put Paul on a pedestal.

You guys keep dismiss that Jesus said not to let anyone call you a teacher because He is the Teacher.

And Paul is taking over Jesus' position.Paul is a chosen vessel and minister for Christ.

Acts 9:15 KJV -

“But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:”

Galatians 1:15-16 KJV - But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Ephesians 3:7-9 KJV - Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Acts 9:15 KJV -
[CENTER]“But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Georgia]”

I believe Jesus taught us everything we need to know Because He said He is the Teacher.

Jesus does not contradict Himself.

Judson50
November 7th, 2017, 08:21 PM

thank you.

To redeem The Fatherís name through the redemption of his children.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=78367)

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 08:41 PM
To redeem The Father’s name through the redemption of his children.

Is this how you evangelize to the world?

JudgeRightly
November 7th, 2017, 08:44 PM
I believe Jesus taught us everything we need to know Because He said He is the Teacher.

Jesus does not contradict Himself.
Meshak, if Jesus taught all we need to know, then for what is the rest of the New Testament, and for that matter, the Old Testament as well? Why include it if all we need to know is summed up in what Jesus said and did?

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 08:54 PM
Meshak, if Jesus taught all we need to know, then for what is the rest of the New Testament, and for that matter, the Old Testament as well? Why include it if all we need to know is summed up in what Jesus said and did?

You need to know that man collected all epistles or writings of Jesus' followers.

Jesus summarized OT teachings and corrected OT people's errors.

I trust Jesus' word which is written by His faithful ones.

Please don't come back with long winded questions.

this is simple thread about Jesus' teachings.

drbrumley
November 7th, 2017, 08:59 PM
You need to know that man collected all epistles or writings of Jesus' followers.

And?

Are you now claiming Paul isn't a Jesus follower?

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 09:02 PM
And? Are you now claiming Paul isn't a Jesus follower?

I put Jesus on a pedestal and can learn everything I need to know from Him.

drbrumley
November 7th, 2017, 09:02 PM

Good for you!!!! Now answer the question. Are you now claiming Paul isn't a Jesus follower?

Judson50
November 7th, 2017, 09:06 PM
Is this how you evangelize to the world?

Yes. Though the redemption of his children.

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Good for you!!!! Now answer the question. Are you now claiming Paul isn't a Jesus follower?

He is just a follower of Jesus, I suppose.

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Yes. Though the redemption of his children.

I think the world appreciate down to earth explanation, I would if was non-believer.

Ktoyou
November 7th, 2017, 09:09 PM

I can understand your desire to debate here, but with Squeaky? Do you not know he is in the meat?

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 09:10 PM
I can understand your desire to debate here, but with Squeaky? Do you not know he is in the meat?

I don't debate and I don't agree with everything he teaches.

drbrumley
November 7th, 2017, 09:12 PM
He is just a follower of Jesus, I suppose.

You suppose?

Is ALL the Bible the Word of God? Yes or no will do.

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 09:12 PM
And he put Paul on a pedestal too.

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 09:13 PM
You suppose?

Is ALL the Bible the Word of God? Yes or no will do.

This is tricky question.

Are you trying to get me banned?

drbrumley
November 7th, 2017, 09:14 PM
This is tricky question.

Are you trying to get me banned?

How in the world is that a tricky question? Either it is all inspired by God, some of it is inspired or none of it...

Ktoyou
November 7th, 2017, 09:15 PM
I don't debate and I don't agree with everything he teaches.

You do not believe Squeaky is in the meat?

:listen: think about it in another way.

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 09:17 PM

I don't agree with his meat understanding.

I believe meat is mostly prophesy. What he is teaching is basic teaching of NT.

drbrumley
November 7th, 2017, 09:18 PM

Ummmmmmmm, no :rotfl:

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 09:18 PM
How in the world is that a tricky question? Either it is all inspired by God, some of it is inspired or none of it...

good day.

drbrumley
November 7th, 2017, 09:19 PM
good day.

Meshak can't even say the Bible is the WORD OF GOD!!!! Pathetic....

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 09:20 PM
Meshak can't even say the Bible is the WORD OF GOD!!!! Pathetic....

good day, sir.

Ktoyou
November 7th, 2017, 09:25 PM
I don't agree with his meat understanding.

I believe meat is mostly prophesy. What he is teaching is basic teaching of NT.

Lamb-Chop, flying on Bo-Peep airlines.............:sheep:

drbrumley
November 7th, 2017, 09:25 PM
good day, sir.

No, its a horrible day when a professed Christian can't even say the Bible is the Word of God...Tragic!

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 09:27 PM
No, its a horrible day when a professed Christian can't even say the Bible is the Word of God...Tragic!

suit yourself:)

drbrumley
November 7th, 2017, 09:29 PM
Meshak just when I thought it was bad for you, it gets worse....

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 09:37 PM
Meshak just when I thought it was bad for you, it gets worse....

:)

jsanford108
November 7th, 2017, 09:39 PM

thank you.

I agree with the others. Easter is the answer.

Christ came so that the world could be saved.

drbrumley
November 7th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Question for Meshak...

If the name "Jehovah" is so important, then why does Acts 4:12 say, "There is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name [v10 Jesus Christ] under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved"? Would this not have been the logical place for God to have used the name "YHWH"?

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 09:41 PM
I agree with the others. Easter is the answer.

Christ came so that the world could be saved.

Is that how you evangelize to the world?

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Question for Meshak...

If the name "Jehovah" is so important, then why does Acts 4:12 say, "There is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name [v10 Jesus Christ] under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved"? Would this not have been the logical place for God to have used the name "YHWH"?

I don't dwell on God's name.

drbrumley
November 7th, 2017, 09:44 PM
I don't dwell on God's name.

Is there anything biblical you dwell on..oh wait, nevermind

drbrumley
November 7th, 2017, 09:50 PM
I just don't understand the hate for the Apostle Paul...I really cant fanthom it...

Ktoyou
November 7th, 2017, 09:58 PM

Call any vegetable

and a vegetable may respond to you; they have feeling too, you know:mad:

glorydaz
November 7th, 2017, 09:59 PM
I just don't understand the hate for the Apostle Paul...I really cant fanthom it...

They hate the grace message. If salvation is a gift then they can't take any credit for anything.

jsanford108
November 7th, 2017, 10:12 PM

Evangelizing is simply telling people the Truth, by bearing witness to all that Christ said and did.

For tips on how to evangelize, I recommend the letters of James, John, Jude, Paul, Peter, etc.

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 10:47 PM
Evangelizing is simply telling people the Truth, by bearing witness to all that Christ said and did.

For tips on how to evangelize, I recommend the letters of James, John, Jude, Paul, Peter, etc.

So you don't talk about Jesus' teachings?

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 10:47 PM
Is there anything biblical you dwell on..oh wait, nevermind

I dwell on Jesus' teachings.:)

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 10:48 PM

Please don't put the word into my mouth.

I don't hate anyone.

meshak
November 7th, 2017, 10:54 PM
It seems that you people don't like Jesus' word because He commands you to be obedient to Him.

Ktoyou
November 7th, 2017, 11:03 PM
It seems that you people don't like Jesus' word because He commands you to be obedient to Him.

I love Him. You may have missed my vegetable post, which is tangential to the topic, yet funny, but I have to take it down now.

jsanford108
November 7th, 2017, 11:08 PM
So you don't talk about Jesus' teachings?

............did you just skip over the part about "bearing witness to all Christ taught and did?"

glorydaz
November 7th, 2017, 11:19 PM

He commands us to believe.....that's the obedience of faith that you miss out on, because you don't know the Risen Lord told Paul to preach the Gospel of Grace. Our Lord's death and resurrection really did make a difference. Too bad you don't know it. :nono:

Lon
November 7th, 2017, 11:20 PM

Who "you?" :think: I love Him and listen to His words. He said all commands are about loving God and Loving people. If there is even one Christian that doesn't want to love God or his/her fellow man, I'd beg them to show up because I don't know of one. Do you know ANY Christian that does not want to Love God or Love men? Even his/her enemies? Even one? Do you agree, furthermore, that loving God and man is the fulfillment of all the law and prophets? If so, I think your indictment fails AND I'd expect you'd have to admit that "Mainstreamers" or "Trinitarians" then, by that definition, would be listening to Jesus' words. Yes?

meshak
November 8th, 2017, 04:43 AM
He commands us to believe.....that's the obedience of faith that you miss out on, because you don't know the Risen Lord told Paul to preach the Gospel of Grace. Our Lord's death and resurrection really did make a difference. Too bad you don't know it. :nono:

There are much more to the "just believe". Jesus gave a great details about it which most of you skip.

meshak
November 8th, 2017, 04:46 AM
Who "you?" :think: I love Him and listen to His words.

But you don't show it by your actions. Jesus does not approve of lip servers.

You are so busy studying and trying to be loyal to Calvin's teachings.

drbrumley
November 8th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Please don't put the word into my mouth.

I don't hate anyone.
Yes you do..You continually mock him. You bash anyone who brings up an apostle Paul scripture, you say Paul isn't scripture...and now, you can not even say the bible is the word of God..pathetic

Sent from my SM-G920V using TOL mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=78367)

WatchmanOnTheWall
November 8th, 2017, 10:12 AM
To worship God.

Right Divider
November 8th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Maybe Meshak doesn't know our Lord is ascended...or maybe she doesn't know that He told Paul what to preach. :chew:
No maybe about it.

Tambora
November 8th, 2017, 11:14 AM
They hate the fact that Paul preaches grace apart from works, because they are so egotistical that they prefer to gain their salvation through their own merits instead of the works of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
The works of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ are just not sufficient enough to cut the mustard for them.

meshak
November 8th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Yes you do..You continually mock him. You bash anyone who brings up an apostle Paul scripture, you say Paul isn't scripture...and now, you can not even say the bible is the word of God..pathetic

Sent from my SM-G920V using TOL mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=78367)

suit yourself.

good day.

steko
November 8th, 2017, 11:39 AM
They hate the fact that Paul preaches grace apart from works, because they are so egotistical that they prefer to gain their salvation through their own merits instead of the works of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
The works of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ are just not sufficient enough to cut the mustard for them.

Yep!

GOD showed from the beginning that self-gathered fig leaves could never be a sufficient covering.

meshak
November 8th, 2017, 12:15 PM
It is just so sad that most of you are so hostile about being obedient to Jesus.