October 18th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Do you believe this--

http://www.prca.org/pamphlets/pamphlet_41.html

Artur Axmann
October 18th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Calvin answers questions..

Epoisses
October 18th, 2017, 05:14 PM
Arminianism aka Dispensationalism is legalism and choicism and unbelievism.

Lazy afternoon
October 18th, 2017, 07:57 PM
Calvinism says---

T - Total Depravity
That means simply MAN is DEAD. The Bible says that you and I are dead in trespasses and sins (Eph. 2:1-6) unless we are born again. DEAD!!! More than that, the man or woman who is dead in sin hates God, and his "carnal mind" is "enmity against God" (Rom. 8:7). His will is stubbornly steeled against God. This Biblical idea changes a lot of modern talk about salvation.

Daniel said to King Neb--
Dan 4:27 Wherefore, O king, let my counsel be acceptable unto thee, and break off thy sins by righteousness, and thine iniquities by shewing mercy to the poor; if it may be a lengthening of thy tranquillity.

The unconverted can do good according to the Bible, also Cornelius did good before being converted.

Act 10:1 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
Act 10:2 A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.
Act 10:3 He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.
Act 10:4 And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
Act 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

The children of the believers are considered Holy/ separated from the world to Him) by God.

as well as the unbelieving spouse. Obviously they do not hate God as Calvinism teaches.

1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

LA

Epoisses
October 18th, 2017, 08:40 PM
If the unconverted could do good there wouldn't be much of a need for conversion.

Artur Axmann
October 19th, 2017, 03:14 PM
The heresy of Calvinism by Dave Hunt--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdnZHyJH4KE

LA

The Calvin you should worry about is not John Calvin but Calvin KLEIN!

DAN P
October 19th, 2017, 05:59 PM

Hi and Arminianism is NOT Dispensationaism , so where is a verse to prove your Premise ??

dan p

musterion
October 19th, 2017, 06:09 PM

If the unconverted could do good there wouldn't be much of a need for conversion.

https://giphy.com/gifs/clapping-monkey-skype-k5cnWfaRTPgze?utm_source=media-link&utm_medium=landing&utm_campaign=Media%20Links&utm_term=https://giphy.com/gifs/clapping-monkey-skype-k5cnWfaRTPgze?utm_source=media-link&utm_medium=landing&utm_campaign=Media%20Links&utm_term=https://www.google.com/https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-30-2015/gp-LGS.gif

Epoisses
October 19th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Arminians can never come to terms with the fact that they are sinners who can do nothing good. Sinners don't make good choices they make bad choices like refusing to believe the gospel that says all have sinned and fallen short of the goodness of God. You're just going thru the motions of religion without genuine heart work.

Epoisses
October 19th, 2017, 06:27 PM
And to clarify - an Arminian is someone who believes that a sinner can choose God and be converted by the power of their free-will which is heresy. Arminianism is Heresy!

musterion
October 20th, 2017, 02:19 AM
And to clarify - an Arminian is someone who believes that a sinner can choose God

If the can genuinely choose to obey, or not, is the only way God can justifiably damn them for unbelief and not be a liar when He does it, you blasphemous heretic.

Danoh
October 20th, 2017, 02:37 AM

Actually consistent Dispensationalism is neither Calvinist, nor Arminian - 1 Cor. 1:21; Rom. 6:17.

Danoh
October 20th, 2017, 02:48 AM
And to clarify - an Arminian is someone who believes that a sinner can choose God and be converted by the power of their free-will which is heresy. Arminianism is Heresy!

Can a lost person choose to believe his place of employment will be there when he returns after the weekend?

Can a fool choose to believe some politician has his back?

Can a child choose to believe that if she will just ignore it long enough, her sense that there is a monster under the bed is just her own imagination...will soon dissipate?

THAT is ALL faith IS - CHOOSING to believe that a thing IS or is NOT so.

And often, against hope.

In other words, against seeming evidence or not, to the contrary.

Romans 4:18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. 4:19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 11:2 For by it the elders obtained a good report. 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

In short, it's time you CHOSE TO get a clue...

Start with the fact of Romans 5:8 towards ya.

Epoisses
October 20th, 2017, 08:09 AM
If the can genuinely choose to obey, or not, is the only way God can justifiably damn them for unbelief and not be a liar when He does it, you blasphemous heretic.

Wrong A/B mentality. The first step in becoming a Christian is to understand that you are a sinner and all your choices are always wrong every time. A sinner chooses sin every time without fail and until you come to that epiphany you will continue to worship your will power which is self-worship.

Epoisses
October 20th, 2017, 08:13 AM
Actually consistent Dispensationalism is neither Calvinist, nor Arminian - 1 Cor. 1:21; Rom. 6:17.

Where they're definitely not Calvinists. So many Christians do not have the discernment to understand that some things Calvinists teach are truth. When you throw out the baby with bathwater you're throwing out truth as well. Calvinists are very grounded in the belief that men are sinners and incapable of anything good which is the truth. That doesn't mean I advocate their flavor of predestination but you need to have discernment and not throw away everything just because it has Calvin's stamp on it.

Epoisses
October 20th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Can a lost person choose to believe his place of employment will be there when he returns after the weekend?

Can a fool choose to believe some politician has his back?

Can a child choose to believe that if she will just ignore it long enough, her sense that there is a monster under the bed is just her own imagination...will soon dissipate?

THAT is ALL faith IS - CHOOSING to believe that a thing IS or is NOT so.

And often, against hope.

In other words, against seeming evidence or not, to the contrary.

They believed not chose! Choice is an action of the will or intellect. Belief is something that comes from the heart. It's not an action or a decision, when we hear something we either believe it or we don't - there is no effort involved. This is why it is called the hearing of faith. The thousands who were converted at the preaching of Peter heard the gospel and believed the gospel. Thousands of others heard the gospel but never believed and were never converted.

musterion
October 20th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Wrong A/B mentality. The first step in becoming a Christian is to understand that you are a sinner and all your choices are always wrong every time. A sinner chooses sin every time without fail and until you come to that epiphany you will continue to worship your will power which is self-worship.

If God condemns those who wont obey when He alone gives the power to obey, He is a liar. Stop worshipping an idol.

Zeke
October 20th, 2017, 12:09 PM
They believed not chose! Choice is an action of the will or intellect. Belief is something that comes from the heart. It's not an action or a decision, when we hear something we either believe it or we don't - there is no effort involved. This is why it is called the hearing of faith. The thousands who were converted at the preaching of Peter heard the gospel and believed the gospel. Thousands of others heard the gospel but never believed and were never converted.

Romans nine disputes choice being a mortal one as does John 1:13, observational traditionalist all eat from the same tree of time instead of grasping the now of eternity Luke 17:20-21 the search (alias cloud watchers) of the dead is nothing new under the sun.

Epoisses
October 20th, 2017, 12:46 PM
Romans nine disputes choice being a mortal one as does John 1:13, observational traditionalist all eat from the same tree of time instead of grasping the now of eternity Luke 17:20-21 the search (alias cloud watchers) of the dead is nothing new under the sun.

God converts people based on the purity of the gospel being preached. The purest gospel is the one that gives the glory to God not man. Arminians don't give the glory to God but their all powerful free-will. I've attended churches like this where the emphasis is always on 'making a decision for Christ' and it's all up to me and my decision power. Calvinist/Reformed churches with all their faults do give the glory to God for man's conversion and so there are many more genuine conversions in those churches.

musterion
October 20th, 2017, 03:11 PM
Your god lies. Your god does not exist.

Epoisses
October 20th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Your god lies. Your god does not exist.

My God can stomp your free-will god into a greasy stain on the carpet.

musterion
October 20th, 2017, 08:07 PM
My God can stomp your free-will god into a greasy stain on the carpet.

Your god doesn't exist.

Epoisses
October 20th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Your god doesn't exist.

You're nothing but a 21st century baal worshiper. The worst sinners I ever met were inside the church not outside.

meshak
October 21st, 2017, 03:52 AM
If God condemns those who wont obey when He alone gives the power to obey, He is a liar. Stop worshipping an idol.

If that action is evil and deceitful, of course God will condemn.

Your theology is so convenient and warped.

musterion
October 21st, 2017, 06:15 AM
You're nothing but a 21st century baal worshiper. The worst sinners I ever met were inside the church not outside.

My God cannot lie, so He can be believed in all He says for all He does is right.

Your idol lies--damning for unbelief those He refused to enable to believe.

Epoisses
October 21st, 2017, 05:13 PM
My God cannot lie, so He can be believed in all He says for all He does is right.

Your idol lies--damning for unbelief those He refused to enable to believe.

I'm not a Calvinist MAD-man. I believe that men have free-will. You've chosen your present delusion and now there is no escape. Man's choice is always wrong and God's choice is always right.

musterion
October 21st, 2017, 06:40 PM
Sure you're not.

Epoisses
October 21st, 2017, 08:31 PM
Sure you're not.

I don't deny that men have free-will. What I deny is that sinners can choose God and be converted. Those who are converted first come to the realization that they are hopeless and helpless sinners who are incapable of anything good. Then in this state of mind when the gospel is preached to them they believe and accept it. Those who accept Christ without having the deep conviction of sin which would be 99% of all Christians today have a lukewarm experience where they go thru the motions of religion and are tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine. They just play church like you.

intojoy
October 21st, 2017, 09:12 PM
I don't deny that men have free-will. What I deny is that sinners can choose God and be converted. Those who are converted first come to the realization that they are hopeless and helpless sinners who are incapable of anything good. Then in this state of mind when the gospel is preached to them they believe and accept it. Those who accept Christ without having the deep conviction of sin which would be 99% of all Christians today have a lukewarm experience where they go thru the motions of religion and are tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine. They just play church like you.

Well played

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musterion
October 22nd, 2017, 03:02 AM
I don't deny that men have free-will. What I deny is that sinners can choose God and be converted.

Can they choose to believe the saving Gospel of Christ and be saved?

Epoisses
October 22nd, 2017, 02:32 PM
Can they choose to believe the saving Gospel of Christ and be saved?

No you can't because you're a sinner and all your choices are wrong. Jesus said repent and believe the gospel. Repentance comes first.

Lazy afternoon
October 22nd, 2017, 08:01 PM
It seems many believe the actions of the Holy Spirit to reveal their need for Christ and to reveal Christ Himself, is something like God waving a magic wand,

The persuasion of Gods love in particular in His peoples thoughts, words and deeds, toward others, is regarded as useless and of no account.

LA

musterion
October 26th, 2017, 02:40 AM
No you can't because you're a sinner and all your choices are wrong. Jesus said repent and believe the gospel. Repentance comes first.

Repent means change of mind. It's a choice.

Epoisses
October 26th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Repent means change of mind. It's a choice.

Yes it's God's choice to grant repentance and he has passed you by. Go worship your Hagee and Osteen who preach the will-power gospel.

musterion
October 27th, 2017, 01:52 AM
If it's a gift only and exclusively, then your god is unjust for damning those who don't repent...because your god didn't give it to them.

Zeke
October 27th, 2017, 08:52 AM
God converts people based on the purity of the gospel being preached. The purest gospel is the one that gives the glory to God not man. Arminians don't give the glory to God but their all powerful free-will. I've attended churches like this where the emphasis is always on 'making a decision for Christ' and it's all up to me and my decision power. Calvinist/Reformed churches with all their faults do give the glory to God for man's conversion and so there are many more genuine conversions in those churches.

those brick and mortar assemblies reflect the types and shadows of this temporal world based on flesh and blood, birth and death, good and evil Galatians 4:24 Matt 11:11, our Divine heritage comes from good linage not mental degradation generationally spread by exoteric religions to emotionally entrap the unwary. Cant decide to be what you already are Galatians 4:1, Ephesians 5:14, 2Cor 3:6 which is the good news for everyone playing the mortal mind games spreading false info with a splash of pride and a dash of ego, where everything isn't one in Christ in God's kingdom Luke 17:20-21, the kingdom doesn't have far to go seeing it's within.

Ask Mr. Religion
October 27th, 2017, 11:56 AM
The heresy of Calvinism by Dave Hunt--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdnZHyJH4KE

LA
Wing nuts abound nowadays.

http://vintage.aomin.org/DHOpenLetter.html

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion
October 27th, 2017, 11:58 AM
Do you believe this--

http://www.prca.org/pamphlets/pamphlet_41.html

Yes. It is an accurate summary of the teachings of Scripture.

AMR

Epoisses
October 27th, 2017, 03:49 PM
If it's a gift only and exclusively, then your god is unjust for damning those who don't repent...because your god didn't give it to them.

Scripture presents a tension between Gods unmerited gifts to men and man's responsibility to repent and believe. I present both sides of the equation and belief in presented in the scriptures as a command 20 times for every time it is presented as a gift. Carnal Christians think it's all about them and what they do while mature Christians give the glory to God. As long as we are heading in the right direction God is happy.

musterion
October 27th, 2017, 06:11 PM
tension

That's Calvin-Speak. You denied being a Calvinist.

In any case, God says believe. Man has the choice to believe or not. Thus is the condemnation justified for unbelief. It's the only way.

Epoisses
October 27th, 2017, 08:31 PM
That's Calvin-Speak. You denied being a Calvinist.

In any case, God says believe. Man has the choice to believe or not. Thus is the condemnation justified for unbelief. It's the only way.

You have been brainwashed to replace faith with choice. Faith is not choosing for the one thousandth time! Faith or belief in Hebrew is similar to the word Amen which means certainty, truth or without doubt. Faith is an assent to truth where choice is picking A or B. This isn't that hard to see unless you don't want to.

musterion
October 27th, 2017, 11:39 PM
You have been brainwashed to replace faith with choice. Faith is not choosing for the one thousandth time! Faith or belief in Hebrew is similar to the word Amen which means certainty, truth or without doubt. Faith is an assent to truth where choice is picking A or B. This isn't that hard to see unless you don't want to.

You didn't dispute what I said because it's true.

glorydaz
October 27th, 2017, 11:51 PM

Of course we have a choice. Be reconciled...turn to God.

2 Corinthians 5:20
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

1 Thessalonians 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

Epoisses
October 28th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Of course we have a choice. Be reconciled...turn to God.

2 Corinthians 5:20
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

1 Thessalonians 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

Belief and choice are not synonyms! Belief comes from the heart and it happens when we hear truth. Choice comes from the will or intellect and is the counterfeit of faith. The will-power, self-help religion is very popular today but a dead-end and the broad way that leads to death.

musterion
October 28th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Belief and choice are not synonyms!

They are when God would have all to be saved and saves any on the grounds of belief. What part of this don't you understand? The Bible says they can choose to believe, or they can not choose to believe. God's condemnation is justified if they don't because they knew enough and COULD have chosen rightly and been saved.

I know you're intelligent enough to comprehend what we've been saying to you and to see that it makes sense. You're being deliberately dense. Your act doesn't fool some of us.

glorydaz
October 28th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Belief and choice are not synonyms! Belief comes from the heart and it happens when we hear truth. Choice comes from the will or intellect and is the counterfeit of faith.

:think:

If I really believe a rock is about to fall on my head, I will move out of the way. I don't think you can separate the two. The one is just the proof of or reaction to the other.

In other words, the choosing IS response to what you heard.

musterion
October 28th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Come to think of it, you are of the same spirit as Sonnet. Same M.O., same deliberate stupidity, same need for attention, same disregard for the saving Gospel, everything.

Epoisses
October 29th, 2017, 07:08 AM
They are when God would have all to be saved and saves any on the grounds of belief. What part of this don't you understand? The Bible says they can choose to believe, or they can not choose to believe. God's condemnation is justified if they don't because they knew enough and COULD have chosen rightly and been saved.

I know you're intelligent enough to comprehend what we've been saying to you and to see that it makes sense. You're being deliberately dense. Your act doesn't fool some of us.

If you were a true repentant sinner you would know that you can never believe the way God requires i.e. with no doubt, fear or faltering. You're just the typical Arminian who has trusted in his will-power for so long that you are incapable of truly giving the control of your life to God.

Epoisses
October 29th, 2017, 07:09 AM
:think:

If I really believe a rock is about to fall on my head, I will move out of the way. I don't think you can separate the two. The one is just the proof of or reaction to the other.

In other words, the choosing IS response to what you heard.

Arminian trash. Save me will-power, save me!

musterion
October 29th, 2017, 01:59 PM
If you were a true repentant sinner you would know that you can never believe the way God requires i.e. with no doubt, fear or faltering. You're just the typical Arminian who has trusted in his will-power for so long that you are incapable of truly giving the control of your life to God.

God alone knows what's truly in the heart of others. Not you.

Tambora
October 29th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Yes it's God's choice to grant repentance and he has passed you by. Go worship your Hagee and Osteen who preach the will-power gospel.Standing on the sure promises of GOD is not will-power gospel.

glorydaz
October 29th, 2017, 03:31 PM

You, clearly, love to make up crap about people, and you really have nothing of worth to contribute.

glorydaz
October 29th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Arminian trash. Save me will-power, save me!

Do you really like going around showing people your hind end? :Popcorn:

Epoisses
October 29th, 2017, 06:27 PM
LOL...I hit the Arminian panic button. We have to be right because there are way more people on our broad side. Nevermind that God requires a perfect faith to be believe in Christ that sinners can never achieve. That's why it's called the faith of Jesus. He just loans it out but only after poor proud sinners have been humbled into the dust.

glorydaz
October 29th, 2017, 06:56 PM
LOL...I hit the Arminian panic button. We have to be right because there are way more people on our broad side. Nevermind that God requires a perfect faith to be believe in Christ that sinners can never achieve. That's why it's called the faith of Jesus. He just loans it out but only after poor proud sinners have been humbled into the dust.

Nonsense from start to finish.

I guess the father of faith had that "perfect" faith, but no one else can ever achieve it? Romans 4:12

From faith to faith, Epi. Don't throw out the one while you hold up the other. Both are required. Our faith in Christ, and His faith which justifies.

Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Epoisses
October 29th, 2017, 07:08 PM
Nonsense from start to finish.

I guess the father of faith had that "perfect" faith, but no one else can ever achieve it? Romans 4:12

From faith to faith, Epi. Don't throw out the one while you hold up the other. Both are required. Our faith in Christ, and His faith which justifies.

Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

I didn't see anything about choice in those verses! I choose to reject all things Arminian.

glorydaz
October 29th, 2017, 07:23 PM
I didn't see anything about choice in those verses! I choose to reject all things Arminian.

Ah, I didn't realize you considered Paul to be Arminian. :chuckle:

Epoisses
October 30th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Ah, I didn't realize you considered Paul to be Arminian. :chuckle:

If I can just muster up enough will-power to walk down the aisle I can get saved today and then I can go home and sin all I want. One warm and fuzzy walk down the aisle at the Jesus-thon will cover at least three months of sinning. God is good!

glorydaz
October 30th, 2017, 06:08 PM
If I can just muster up enough will-power to walk down the aisle I can get saved today and then I can go home and sin all I want. One warm and fuzzy walk down the aisle at the Jesus-thon will cover at least three months of sinning. God is good!

Is that your read on it?

Looks like a complete over-exaggeration to me, but I don't expect anything else from you.

It's really easy to run down what you don't understand.

Tambora
October 30th, 2017, 08:32 PM
If I can just muster up enough will-power to walk down the aisle I can get saved today What TOL member has said you can be saved by walking down an aisle?

and then I can go home and sin all I want. You already do that.

One warm and fuzzy walk down the aisle at the Jesus-thon will cover at least three months of sinning. God is good!Good thing you came to TOL so you can learn that is hogwash.

Tambora
October 30th, 2017, 08:35 PM
Looks like a complete over-exaggeration to me,

Looks like something completely made up to me.

Epoisses
October 30th, 2017, 09:58 PM
Can any good thing come out of Texas?

musterion
November 2nd, 2017, 04:29 PM
Typical Reformed elitist snob. Probably drinks nasty IPAs because it's what Spurgeon woulda drunk.

Tambora
November 2nd, 2017, 05:07 PM
Can any good thing come out of Texas?Baseball, apple pie, and Mom.

Epoisses
November 2nd, 2017, 06:14 PM
Typical Reformed elitist snob. Probably drinks nasty IPAs because it's what Spurgeon woulda drunk.

I'm not Reformed you tard!

Durrrrrr.......I walked down the aisle 20 years ago so I'm a Christian now.......Durrrrrrrrrrr.