Do you eat kosher foods only?

What are kosher foods?

Shalom.

Jacob

genuineoriginal
July 7th, 2017, 01:10 PM

What are kosher foods?
I eat according to the distinction made in the Torah between unclean ( טָמֵא tame' ) and clean ( טָהוֹר tahowr ).

Leviticus 10:10
10 And that ye may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean;
I think most of the rabbinical kosher traditions are pretentious attempts to make the distinction a burden, which Jesus condemned in the Gospels.

Jacob
July 7th, 2017, 01:30 PM
I eat according to the distinction made in the Torah between unclean ( טָמֵא tame' ) and clean ( טָהוֹר tahowr ).

Leviticus 10:10
10 And that ye may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean;
I think most of the rabbinical kosher traditions are pretentious attempts to make the distinction a burden, which Jesus condemned in the Gospels.
Shalom.

You are incorrect.

Shalom.

Jacob

genuineoriginal
July 7th, 2017, 05:39 PM
Shalom.

You are incorrect.

Shalom.

Jacob
How can you know whether I am correct or not?
Do you follow the written law as Jesus did, or do you follow the "oral" traditions that Jesus condemned?

Jacob
July 7th, 2017, 08:04 PM
How can you know whether I am correct or not?
Do you follow the written law as Jesus did, or do you follow the "oral" traditions that Jesus condemned?Shalom.

Jesus instructed us to keep and teach the Commandments of the Law. I read, study, observe, keep, and teach Torah.

Shalom.

Jacob

genuineoriginal
July 11th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Shalom.

Jesus instructed us to keep and teach the Commandments of the Law. I read, study, observe, keep, and teach Torah.

Shalom.

Jacob

The Orthodox Rabbis do not teach the commandments of God written in the Torah, they teach the commandments of men as doctrine.

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 03:52 PM
The Orthodox Rabbis do not teach the commandments of God written in the Torah, they teach the commandments of men as doctrine.
Shalom.

No.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nick M
July 11th, 2017, 04:58 PM
The apostle Paul is not writing about eating bacon. But about immoral things. Adultery is lawful, but he will not do it and will not be brought under the power of it. Same goes with food.

Only bacon is not immoral. Well, it is to you. You have fallen from grace and are now under bondage.

12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13 Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 05:11 PM
The apostle Paul is not writing about eating bacon. But about immoral things. Adultery is lawful, but he will not do it and will not be brought under the power of it. Same goes with food.

Only bacon is not immoral. Well, it is to you. You have fallen from grace and are now under bondage.

12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13 Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

Shalom.

What is immoral is a good or decadent discussion. But you should not do anything that is against God's Law.

Shalom.

Jacob

patrick jane
July 11th, 2017, 05:13 PM
Shalom.

What is immoral is a good or decadent discussion. But you should not do anything that is against God's Law.

Shalom.

JacobAll things are lawful

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 05:19 PM
All things are lawfulShalom.

That is a in interesting word there, lawful. This is a translation from the Greek. What is the Greek word, what does it mean, and are there any other translations or translation possibilities? This is obviously not telling us to break God's Law. However, Paul says that he will not be mastered by anything.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nick M
July 11th, 2017, 05:44 PM
But you should not do anything that is against God's Law.

You are against his law by keeping the law.

Nick M
July 11th, 2017, 05:45 PM
This is obviously not telling us to break God's Law.

Jacob

You are not breaking a law if it is lawful. It is not considered speeding to drive 60 mph with a 70 mph limit. You imbecile.

musterion
July 11th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Shalom.

What are kosher foods?

Shalom.

Jacob

I don't understand what you are asking.

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 06:34 PM
You are against his law by keeping the law.Shalom.

Incorrect.

I am for God's Law. I keep God's Law because it comes to us from God, it is for us, it is His instruction for us, and because I want to do all that God has asked me to do. God's Law is truly for our good. He had us in mind when He gave it to us. This is for all people, but God made us distinct from the nations and unique among the families of the earth. He has given us, Israel, the Torah. May we all learn and benefit from it, even to keep His, God's, Commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 06:38 PM
You are not breaking a law if it is lawful. It is not considered speeding to drive 60 mph with a 70 mph limit. You imbecile.

Shalom.

Learning the Law is different from knowing what it is. It is important to learn the Commandments to know what they are and to do them, applying them to your life.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 06:40 PM
I don't understand what you are asking.Shalom.

Do you understand what clean and unclean animals are to know what is good for you to eat?

Shalom.

Jacob

musterion
July 11th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Shalom.

Do you understand what clean and unclean animals are to know what is good for you to eat?

Shalom.

Jacob

Sorry, I'm unclear on something...you're saying some animals are sinful?

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Sorry, I'm unclear on something...you're saying some animals are sinful?Shalom.

No. Some animals are not kosher. They are not fit for consumption. God has designated what animals are clean, kosher, and what animals are not clean, not kosher, not fit for consumption.

A vegetarian can be content with what they eat, so long as they do not seek to provide cover for murder, killing another human being, or otherwise impeding justice in some way.

Shalom.

Jacob

musterion
July 11th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Shalom.

No. Some animals are not kosher. They are not fit for consumption. God has designated what animals are clean, kosher, and what animals are not clean, not kosher, not fit for consumption.

A vegetarian can be content with what they eat, so long as they do not seek to provide cover for murder, killing another human being, or otherwise impeding justice in some way.

Shalom.

Jacob

God is displeased if, say, shrimp is eaten?

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 09:17 PM
God is displeased if, say, shrimp is eaten?Shalom.

Correct. I am a Jew. I do not eat shrimp.

Shalom.

Jacob

musterion
July 11th, 2017, 09:19 PM
Shalom.

Correct. I am a Jew. I do not eat shrimp.

Shalom.

Jacob

No, I mean if a non-Jew does. Is God displeased?

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 09:22 PM
No, I mean if a non-Jew does. Is God displeased?Shalom.

Yes. It is against God's Commandments found in Torah. The one true God gave the People of Israel His Law.

Shalom.

Jacob

musterion
July 11th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Shalom.

Yes. It is against God's Commandments found in Torah. The one true God gave the People of Israel His Law.

Shalom.

Jacob

This isn't about you.

Is eating something unclean a violation for one who knows nothing of the Law?

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 09:26 PM
This isn't about you.

Is eating something unclean a violation for one who knows nothing of the Law?

Shalom.

Yes. Because the Law exists.

Shalom.

Jacob

musterion
July 11th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Shalom.

Yes. Because the Law exists.

Shalom.

Jacob

Are you saying that one who has never heard of unclean dietary restrictions will be held responsible for breaking those parts of the Law?

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 09:33 PM
Are you saying that one who has never heard of unclean dietary restrictions will be held responsible for breaking those parts of the Law?

Shalom.

God has given us His Law. The whole world will be accountable to God. This is one reason why God has given us His Law. God has given us His Law for our good, to protect us and bless us when we keep His Commandments. Yeshua instructed us that to keep and teach the Commandments will result in being called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Shalom.

Jacob

musterion
July 11th, 2017, 09:34 PM
Shalom.

God has given us His Law. The whole world will be accountable to God. This is one reason why God has given us His Law. God has given us His Law for our good, to protect us and bless us when we keep His Commandments. Yeshua instructed us that to keep and teach the Commandments will result in being called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Shalom.

Jacob

Where did Moses say that non-Jews are bound by the diet restrictions of clean and unclean?

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Shalom.

The answer to your question is more than you were ready for.

Romans 3:19 NIV - Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.

There is one Law in the Land for native born and those who live among Israel. I do not live in the Land, but I do live by God's Law,

Shalom.

Jacob

musterion
July 11th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Shalom.

The answer to your question is more than you were ready for.

Romans 3:19 NIV - Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.

There is one Law in the Land for native born and those who live among Israel. I do not live in the Land, but I do live by God's Law,

Shalom.

Jacob

A Jew quoting Paul to prove something about the Law? Wow.

Where did Moses say that non-Jews are bound by the diet restrictions of clean and unclean?

musterion
July 11th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Oh, you logged off.

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 09:47 PM
A Jew quoting Paul to prove something about the Law? Wow.

Shalom.

Great question. Do you know where it says that all are to live by the same Law?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 09:48 PM
Oh, you logged off.Shalom.

No.

It is good if you only post during the day.

Shalom.

Jacob

musterion
July 11th, 2017, 09:49 PM
Shalom.

Great question. Do you know where it says that all are to live by the same Law?

Shalom.

Jacob

Stop.

You said non-Jews are bound by the dietary rules.

To prove that, you can go only to Moses.

Please show where Moses said non-Jews, who know nothing of the Law, are bound by the diet restrictions of clean and unclean.

musterion
July 11th, 2017, 09:51 PM
Or admit that Moses didn't say that and you were wrong.

musterion
July 11th, 2017, 09:54 PM
You want option 2 because Moses never said it.

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Stop.

You said non-Jews are bound by the dietary rules.

To prove that, you can go only to Moses.

Please show where Moses said non-Jews, who know nothing of the Law, are bound by the diet restrictions of clean and unclean.
Shalom.

You are incorrect. But if I can only go to Moses then I have this for you.

Numbers 15:16 NASB - 'There is to be one law and one ordinance for you and for the alien who sojourns with you.'"

Numbers 15:29 NASB - 'You shall have one law for him who does anything unintentionally, for him who is native among the sons of Israel and for the alien who sojourns among them.

Exodus 12:49 NASB - "The same law shall apply to the native as to the stranger who sojourns among you."

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz
July 11th, 2017, 09:56 PM
Shalom.

Incorrect.

I am for God's Law. I keep God's Law because it comes to us from God, it is for us, it is His instruction for us, and because I want to do all that God has asked me to do. God's Law is truly for our good. He had us in mind when He gave it to us. This is for all people, but God made us distinct from the nations and unique among the families of the earth. He has given us, Israel, the Torah. May we all learn and beneither from it, even to keep His, God's, Commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

Paul speaks of Jacob here. Jacob desires to be a teacher of the law, but has no understanding of it. He does not use it lawfully...as God intended it to be used. It was NOT made to make men righteous, or to justify anyone, or to give anyone life.

1 Timothy 1:7-9
Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm. But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

musterion
July 11th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Shalom.

You are incorrect. But if I can only go to Moses then I have this for you.

Numbers 15:16 NASB - 'There is to be one law and one ordinance for you and for the alien who sojourns with you.'"

Numbers 15:29 NASB - 'You shall have one law for him who does anything unintentionally, for him who is native among the sons of Israel and for the alien who sojourns among them.

Exodus 12:49 NASB - "The same law shall apply to the native as to the stranger who sojourns among you."

Shalom.

Jacob

None of those passages have anything to do with people who had no contact with Israel, hence no knowledge of the dietary rules which you said applied to them anyway.

Admit you were mistaken. God hates pride.

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 10:07 PM
Paul speaks of Jacob here. Jacob desires to be a teacher of the law, but has no understanding of it. He does not use it lawfully...as God intended it to be used. It was NOT made to make men righteous, or to justify anyone, or to give anyone life.

1 Timothy 1:7-9
Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm. But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
Shalom.

No.

I used to be against God's Law because of these verses, but I am not any longer. I do not know the reason that God has taught me what He has. Never speak against God's Law or cause anyone to stumble in regard to it. Be honest and witness to the truth.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 10:16 PM
None of those passages have anything to do with people who had no contact with Israel, hence no knowledge of the dietary rules which you said applied to them anyway.

Admit you were mistaken. God hates pride.

Shalom.

I spoke of the Land of Israel. I have never been there. But Paul left the land in a sense to bring about obedience, the obedience of faith, among the Gentiles. Now I am a Jew, among those Jews who have never been to Israel, though I am a proselyte and a convert.

You will not find what you are looking for in Moses. You must go to Paul's letter to the Romans, Matthew through Revelation, or learn about the Noahide laws and for those who have turned to God from among the Gentiles, the essentials found in Acts 15.

Acts 15:19-21 NASB - 19 "Therefore it is my judgment that we do not trouble those who are turning to God from among the Gentiles, 20 but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood. 21 "For Moses from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath."

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz
July 11th, 2017, 10:54 PM
Shalom.

No.

I used to be against God's Law because of these verses, but I am not any longer. I do not know the reason that God has taught me what He has. Never speak against God's Law or cause anyone to stumble in regard to it. Be honest and witness to the truth.

Shalom.

Jacob

The truth is that you are denying the very purpose of the law. You are giving it a purpose God never intended, so you're the one who is going against God and His Law. Satan has blinded you to this very important truth...just as he blinded the Jews who went about trying to establish their own righteousness through that very law. :nono:

Jacob
July 11th, 2017, 11:21 PM
The truth is that you are denying the very purpose of the law. You are giving it a purpose God never intended, so you're the one who is going against God and His Law. Satan has blinded you to this very important truth...just as he blinded the Jews who went about trying to establish their own righteousness through that very law. :nono:
Shalom.

Do you believe that God gave us His Law with the expectation that we would obey, keep, and observe it?

Shalom.

Jacob

Nick M
July 12th, 2017, 06:26 AM
Learning the Law is different from knowing what it is. It is important to learn the Commandments to know what they are and to do them, applying them to your life.

This literally has nothing to do with what I said in response to your idiotic comment. I am not breaking the law if I am driving 60 mph, and the speed limit is 70 mph.

musterion
July 12th, 2017, 06:43 AM
Either he is a troll pretending to be moronic, or he's moronic.

Jacob
July 12th, 2017, 08:27 AM
This literally has nothing to do with what I said in response to your idiotic comment. I am not breaking the law if I am driving 60 mph, and the speed limit is 70 mph.
Shalom.

Correct. But your thinking about it may still be wrong, even not meaning that you should be driving 70 mph if your car goes that fast.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob
July 12th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Either he is a troll pretending to be moronic, or he's moronic.
Shalom.

I am a Jew of Israel. I do not speak in terms of trolls. You are also insinuating that I might be moronic. I do not know what this means. It has been nice speaking with you or talking with you. It has been my pleasure.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz
July 12th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Shalom.

Do you believe that God gave us His Law with the expectation that we would obey, keep, and observe it?

Shalom.

Jacob

No. He gave us the law so we would know what sin is, and understand our need for a Saviour.

Romans 3:19-20 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

glorydaz
July 12th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Shalom.

I am a Jew of Israel. I do not speak in terms of trolls. You are also insinuating that I might be moronic. I do not know what this means. It has been nice speaking with you or talking with you. It has been my pleasure.

Shalom.

Jacob

Don't pretend like you don't know what moronic means. Playing dumb is deceitful.

Jacob
July 12th, 2017, 03:43 PM
No. He gave us the law so we would know what sin is, and understand our need for a Saviour.

Romans 3:19-20 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Shalom.

You are correct that this is a purpose of the Law. But I refuse to believe that God does not want us to obey His Commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob
July 12th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Don't pretend like you don't know what moronic means. Playing dumb is deceitful.Shalom.

I do not know. I do not use this term. I also do not know if it should be taught or if the word moron should be taught first either. It seems that this is speaking negatively of others.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz
July 12th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Shalom.

You are correct that this is a purpose of the Law. But I refuse to believe that God does not want us to obey His Commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

What He wants if for us to be filled with the Spirit showing forth the fruit of the Spirit. Rather than our performing via our own efforts.

glorydaz
July 12th, 2017, 04:09 PM
Shalom.

I do not know. I do not use this term. I also do not know if it should be taught or if the word moron should be taught first either. It seems that this is speaking negatively of others.

Shalom.

Jacob

It seems you enjoy pretending to not know lots of things. :think:

Jacob
July 12th, 2017, 04:23 PM
What He wants if for us to be filled with the Spirit showing forth the fruit of the Spirit. Rather than our performing via our own efforts.Shalom.

I understand that the Spirit of God dwells in me.

Philippians 2:13 NASB - 13 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

This verse may have to do with God's Spirit at work in me.

What I do know is that obedience is a choice, a decision. It ought to be automatic. Certainly God has prepared good works for us to do, either by way of His Spirit or by way of giving us His Commandments and our learning them.

Ephesians 2:10 NASB - 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

See also

2 Corinthians 13:5 NASB - 5 Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you--unless indeed you fail the test?

Romans 8:9 NASB - 9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

With the above said I am not certain of the application of the following verse.

Is this before or after a person is saved, born again? I assume that it is accepted that a born again believer is saved. Is "my beloved" plural or specific to each individual?

Philippians 2:12 NASB - 12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob
July 12th, 2017, 04:26 PM
It seems you enjoy pretending to not know lots of things. :think:
Shalom.

I know that I am not supposed to tell you what to do. I don't know what you are supposed to do from here.

I am okay with not knowing some things. There are many things that I do know.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nick M
July 12th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Playing dumb is deceitful.

He isn't playing.

glorydaz
July 12th, 2017, 07:07 PM
He isn't playing.

Oh.

genuineoriginal
July 12th, 2017, 09:05 PM
No.
Empty answers like this one have no value.

It demonstrates that you are actually unlearned, since you have no substance to back up your statement.

genuineoriginal
July 12th, 2017, 09:11 PM
I am a Jew. I do not eat shrimp.
Can you point me to the verse that states how a person that eats shrimp is to be punished?

Is it a monetary payment (if so, who gets it?), a certain number of blows from the lash, or being stoned to death?

genuineoriginal
July 12th, 2017, 09:19 PM
Yes.
Moses stated why God gave His Law.

Deuteronomy 6:24
24 And the Lord commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.
It can even be successfully argued that the dietary laws were given to prevent disease.

Exodus 15:26
26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.

Jacob
July 12th, 2017, 09:21 PM
Empty answers like this one have no value.

It demonstrates that you are actually unlearned, since you have no substance to back up your statement.
Shalom.

You were incorrect.

Shalom.

Jacob

genuineoriginal
July 12th, 2017, 09:21 PM
He gave us the law so we would know what sin is, and understand our need for a Saviour.
That is a very anti-semitic statement.
It implies that God gave His law to the children of Israel in order to harm them instead of giving His law to bless them.

Jacob
July 12th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Can you point me to the verse that states how a person that eats shrimp is to be punished?

Is it a monetary payment (if so, who gets it?), a certain number of blows from the lash, or being stoned to death?

Shalom.

You will need to research this. Your suggestions are not in order.

Shalom.

Jacob

genuineoriginal
July 12th, 2017, 09:25 PM
You were incorrect.
Once more you show that you have no substance to back up your opinions.

Please look through the Bible and find all the references where a righteous man used phrases like, "you are incorrect," without following up with a detailed explanation of why the other person was incorrect.

Jacob
July 12th, 2017, 09:28 PM
Once more you show that you have no substance to back up your opinions.

Please look through the Bible and find all the references where a righteous man used phrases like, "you are incorrect," without following up with a detailed explanation of why the other person was incorrect.
Shalom.

The Bible has nothing to say about the opinion that you expressed.

Shalom.

Jacob

genuineoriginal
July 12th, 2017, 09:28 PM
Shalom.

You will need to research this. Your suggestions are not in order.

Shalom.

Jacob

I have researched it, you haven't.
I am pointing out the fact that you have no clue about what the Bible says is the punishment for eating shrimp.

I am sure that if you ask a Orthodox Rabbi about this, you will not get a straight answer.

genuineoriginal
July 12th, 2017, 09:32 PM
Shalom.

The Bible has nothing to say about the opinion that you expressed.

Shalom.

Jacob
Exactly.
Nowhere in the Bible can you find a righteous person that does not back up his statements with explanations.

Maybe you should use the example of the Bible and say more about why you hold your opinion instead of merely trying to end a conversation with, "you are incorrect"

I have been showing you why the opinions of Orthodox Judaism are mistaken.
If I am incorrect, show me why.

Jacob
July 12th, 2017, 09:41 PM
I have researched it, you haven't.
I am pointing out the fact that you have no clue about what the Bible says is the punishment for eating shrimp.

I am sure that if you ask a Orthodox Rabbi about this, you will not get a straight answer.
Shalom.

You need to look in the Torah. Read Vayikra, Leviticus, Chapter 11. Read Devarim, Deuteronomy, Chapter 14.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob
July 12th, 2017, 09:52 PM
Exactly.
Nowhere in the Bible can you find a righteous person that does not back up his statements with explanations.

Maybe you should use the example of the Bible and say more about why you hold your opinion instead of merely trying to end a conversation with, "you are incorrect"

I have been showing you why the opinions of Orthodox Judaism are mistaken.
If I am incorrect, show me why.

Shalom.

You were the one who made the incorrect statement. I just let you know that it is incorrect. The answers that you are looking for, as to what is kosher, are found in the Torah. Your statement, even if it does come from you or does originate with you, was not followed by why you say this. In Orthodox Judaism, there is care taken in regard to those who ask questions. If you do not eat kosher foods or know what the Torah says, your question may be received. It depends on what you are asking. I do not know why you are asking. You may not be showing interest in Orthodox Judaism.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz
July 12th, 2017, 10:22 PM
That is a very anti-semitic statement.
It implies that God gave His law to the children of Israel in order to harm them instead of giving His law to bless them.

Nonsense. God gave His Law that "ALL the world" may become guilty before God. Perhaps you should rethink your notion of God's Law.

Romans 3:18-20
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes. 19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

genuineoriginal
July 12th, 2017, 10:53 PM
Shalom.

You were the one who made the incorrect statement. I just let you know that it is incorrect. The answers that you are looking for, as to what is kosher, are found in the Torah. Your statement, even if it does come from you or does originate with you, was not followed by why you say this. In Orthodox Judaism, there is care taken in regard to those who ask questions. If you do not eat kosher foods or know what the Torah says, your question may be received. It depends on what you are asking. I do not know why you are asking. You may not be showing interest in Orthodox Judaism.

Shalom.

Jacob
I have been following the actual written word of the Torah for the dietary restrictions.
The Orthodox Rabbis are mistaken.
I have researched the history of Orthodox Judaism.
They come from the remains of the Pharisees and scribes who gained power over the Sadducees when the Temple was destroyed in 70 CE.
Considering how much Jesus condemned the words, actions, and judgments of the Pharisees and scribes, I have to wonder why you do not constantly question what they tell you.

Do you know that Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson was thought to be the Messiah by the Jews that reject Yeshuah as the Messiah in the early 1990's?

genuineoriginal
July 12th, 2017, 10:58 PM
Nonsense. God gave His Law that "ALL the world" may become guilty before God. Perhaps you should rethink your notion of God's Law.

Romans 3:18-20
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes. 19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

You are holding onto the false belief that the Law was only a curse, which means that God meant to harm the children of Israel by choosing them.
That is why it is an anti-Semitic statement.

The truth is that the Law contained both blessings and curses.

Joshua 8:34
34 And afterward he read all the words of the law, the blessings and cursings, according to all that is written in the book of the law.

The blessings include the sin offering and the day of atonement for covering over the sins of people, so they might live and not die.
God never expected man to be flawless, but He does expect man to be mature and do what is right.

Jacob
July 12th, 2017, 11:14 PM
I have been following the actual written word of the Torah for the dietary restrictions.
The Orthodox Rabbis are mistaken.
I have researched the history of Orthodox Judaism.
They come from the remains of the Pharisees and scribes who gained power over the Sadducees when the Temple was destroyed in 70 CE.
Considering how much Jesus condemned the words, actions, and judgments of the Pharisees and scribes, I have to wonder why you do not constantly question what they tell you.

Do you know that Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson was thought to be the Messiah by the Jews that reject Yeshuah as the Messiah in the early 1990's?

Shalom.

I know very little of this. I am familiar with the Torah, and Orthodox Judaism teaches what the Torah says. If there is something more that is different from going to the Bible for your answers. It is possible to teach something that is entirely consistent with what the Torah says.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz
July 13th, 2017, 03:23 PM
You are holding onto the false belief that the Law was only a curse, which means that God meant to harm the children of Israel by choosing them.
That is why it is an anti-Semitic statement.

What nonsense. I'm holding no false beliefs about the law and it's purpose. In no way does stating the law's purpose mean that God meant harm to anyone. Perhaps you should stop assuming and start reading what was actually said.