PDA

View Full Version : "Do you expect a reward for doing this charitable work?"

Truster
June 17th, 2017, 06:05 AM
I saw a man in Town yesterday collecting money for charity. I asked him if he minded me asking him a question and he gave me a nod.

"Do you expect a reward for doing this charitable work?"
Yes or No?

He began to reply that he thought that God is good...
I told him he was not answering my question. "Do you expect a reward for doing this work".
Yes or No?

He began to say that in heaven there will be...
Once again I pointed out to him that he was not answering the question. "Do you expect a reward for doing this charitable work?"
Yes or No?

He began to say that rewards are promised...Again I pointed out to him he was not answering the question."Do you expect a reward for doing this charitable work?"

Yes! he said

I replied that he wouldn't get one and walked away.

Truster
June 17th, 2017, 06:06 AM
PS I know the man as I was asked to have a word with him a couple of years ago. He has started his own religion that includes "Jesus", but not exclusively.

PPS Just thought I'd mention this, before the stones are hurled.

Epoisses
June 17th, 2017, 07:02 AM
I replied that he wouldn't get one and walked away.

LOL

Truster
June 17th, 2017, 07:24 AM
I call these my IEDs of truth. Once buried inside the man it remains there. The Almighty, by the Holy Spirit, is the detonator.

"I have planted, Apollos watered; but Elohim gave the increase."

patrick jane
June 17th, 2017, 07:33 AM
I saw a man in Town yesterday collecting money for charity. I asked him if he minded me asking him a question and he gave me a nod.

"Do you expect a reward for doing this charitable work?"
Yes or No?

He began to reply that he thought that God is good...
I told him he was not answering my question. "Do you expect a reward for doing this work".
Yes or No?

He began to say that in heaven there will be...
Once again I pointed out to him that he was not answering the question. "Do you expect a reward for doing this charitable work?"
Yes or No?

He began to say that rewards are promised...Again I pointed out to him he was not answering the question."Do you expect a reward for doing this charitable work?"

Yes! he said

I replied that he wouldn't get one and walked away.1 Peter 4:8 KJV -

Truster
June 17th, 2017, 07:44 AM
1 Peter 4:8 KJV -

The exhortations in the NT are for the regenerate only. In the minds of the unregenerate they become works. As you have so aptly proven.