PDA

View Full Version : Shalom. Has the Law been abolished? Has a covenant of God been made obsolete?

Jacob
June 12th, 2017, 02:35 PM
Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 3-18.

Which of the following do you believe and why? Also, have you or might you change your belief about any of these if you are shown otherwise? What do you believe that you can be sure of, and how are you thinking about the scriptures people use to justify these statements or beliefs?

1. All has been accomplished.
2. The Law has been abolished.
3. Heaven and earth have passed away.
4. The covenant that God made with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai has been made obsolete.

Shalom.

Jacob

jamie
June 12th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Which of the following do you believe and why? Also, have you or might you change your belief about any of these if you are shown otherwise? What do you believe that you can be sure of, and how are you thinking about the scriptures people use to justify these statements or beliefs?

4. The covenant that God made with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai has been made obsolete.

1. All has been accomplished. Nope
2. The Law has been abolished. Which law?
3. Heaven and earth have passed away. Inane
4. The covenant that God made with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai has been made obsolete. Which covenant?

Jacob
June 12th, 2017, 03:14 PM
1. All has been accomplished. Nope
2. The Law has been abolished. Which law?
3. Heaven and earth have passed away. Inane
4. The covenant that God made with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai has been made obsolete. Which covenant?
Shalom.

God's Law for the nation of Israel. The first five books of the Bible. Or, the Law of Moses. What is God's Law, The Law, or The Law of Moses?

God made a covenant with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai.

Shalom.

Jacob

jamie
June 12th, 2017, 03:26 PM
God's Law for the nation of Israel. The first five books of the Bible. Or, the Law of Moses. What is God's Law, The Law, or The Law of Moses?

God made a covenant with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai.

God revealed the law that defines his nature and defined another law to guide Israel.

God's revealed law is a covenant that was placed in a gold-plated box.

The other covenant for Israel was valid only until Christ came.

There are two Jerusalems, one referred to as spiritual Sodom and Egypt and the other as the New Jerusalem.

Jacob
June 12th, 2017, 03:28 PM
God revealed the law that defines his nature and defined another law to guide Israel.

God's revealed law is a covenant that was placed in a gold-plated box.

The other covenant for Israel was valid only until Christ came.

There are two Jerusalems, one referred to as spiritual Sodom and Egypt and the other as the New Jerusalem.
Shalom.

Can you explain your four sentence view with scripture?

Shalom.

Jacob

jamie
June 12th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Can you explain your four sentence view with scripture?

I can and you should also be able to do so.

Jacob
June 12th, 2017, 03:36 PM
I can and you should also be able to do so.Shalom.

I am not able to do so. I can respond to one sentence at a time if you are simply not wanting to teach a man from scripture. For this I applaud you, but I do not know or understand your view.

Shalom.

Jacob

popsthebuilder
June 12th, 2017, 04:33 PM
Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 3-18.

Shalom.

Jacob
None of the above.

peace friend

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Jacob
June 12th, 2017, 06:57 PM
None of the above.

peace friend

Shalom.

Do you know about the new covenant?

See

Jeremiah 31:31-34

Shalom.

Jacob

popsthebuilder
June 12th, 2017, 10:06 PM
Shalom.

Do you know about the new covenant?

See

Shalom.

Jacob
Is that not speaking of the new earth or new creation? When all that will be will be wholly of GOD?

Jacob
June 13th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Is that not speaking of the new earth or new creation? When all that will be will be wholly of GOD?

Shalom.

As far as I know, no. Yeshua brought the new covenant.

Shalom.

Jacob

Epoisses
June 13th, 2017, 11:19 AM
The Law has been abolished. It was temporary until the one it pointed to arrived and showed us a better way. Jesus is the way now not carnal obedience.

Jacob
June 13th, 2017, 11:25 AM
The Law has been abolished. It was temporary until the one it pointed to arrived and showed us a better way. Jesus is the way now not carnal obedience.Shalom.

Jesus has always been the only way to God. I do not know what you mean by carnal obedience. Obedience to God is obedience to God. Jesus said that He did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. See Matthew 5:17-20.

Shalom.

Jacob

Epoisses
June 13th, 2017, 11:27 AM
Shalom.

Jesus has always been the only way to God. I do not know what you mean by carnal obedience. Obedience to God is obedience to God. Jesus said that He did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. See Matthew 5:17-20.

Shalom.

Jacob

Until all was fulfilled and it was. Jesus will never offer another sacrifice so it's finished. For unbelievers it is never finished as they go about trying to perfect their flesh with the law.

Jacob
June 13th, 2017, 11:37 AM
Until all was fulfilled and it was. Jesus will never offer another sacrifice so it's finished. For unbelievers it is never finished as they go about trying to perfect their flesh with the law.
Shalom.

Salvation is only found in Jesus. Jesus instructed us to keep and teach the Commandments. He fulfilled the Law and the Prophets. But, He did not abolish them.

He died once and He rose from the dead never to die again. He died that you would be forgiven and granted the free gift of God, eternal life. You are to repent and believe the gospel if you have not already done so.

Shalom.

Jacob

Epoisses
June 13th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Shalom.

Salvation is only found in Jesus. Jesus instructed us to keep and teach the Commandments. He fulfilled the Law and the Prophets. But, He did not abolish them.

He died once and He rose from the dead never to die again. He died that you would be forgiven and granted the free gift of God, eternal life. You are to repent and believe the gospel if you have not already done so.

Shalom.

Jacob

You're under the curse of the law. Those like Jacob and SDA and other law groups can spin a web of lies to defend their law keeping like nobody's business. This should be a warning that those who are fallen away from the truth and grace will stop at nothing to bring as many as they can into the same bondage they are forever wedded to.

beameup
June 13th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the old covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
But this shall be the new covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Jacob
June 13th, 2017, 11:47 AM
You're under the curse of the law. Those like Jacob and SDA and other law groups can spin a web of lies to defend their law keeping like nobody's business. This should be a warning that those who are fallen away from the truth and grace will stop at nothing to bring as many as they can into the same bondage they are forever wedded to.
Shalom.

You are incorrect. I am not under the Law, I am under grace. Obedience to God's Commandments is not carnal. It is to be done in faith. Even faith is obedience to God.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob
June 13th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the old covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
But this shall be the new covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Shalom.

What translations if any say old covenant as you have said here?

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup
June 13th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Shalom.

What translations if any say old covenant as you have said here?

Shalom.

Jacob

The "old" Covenant given at Sinai was for Israel. ("old" should be italicized).
The "new" Covenant will be for Israel as well.
But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. - Acts 2:16-21 KJV

Jacob
June 13th, 2017, 12:11 PM
The "old" Covenant given at Sinai was for Israel. ("old" should be italicized).
The "new" Covenant will be for Israel as well.
But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. - Acts 2:16-21 KJV
Shalom.

It is my understanding that you did not answer the question. Please answer the question. What translation is this? Also, why do you say that "old" should be italicized?

Shalom.

Jacob

popsthebuilder
June 13th, 2017, 12:44 PM
The Law has been abolished. It was temporary until the one it pointed to arrived and showed us a better way. Jesus is the way now not carnal obedience.
Grace, mercy, justice, and long suffering do not abolish or do away with the law.

peace

popsthebuilder
June 13th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Uhm..... The Christ of GOD was a willing sacrifice.... And is the way.

Do you really think following the way is what a nonbeliever does? To me it seems more like those who act as if the work of the Christ and faith in Him is without effect, knowingly continuing in constant sin without batting an eye and without remorse.

What is written of the conscience within scripture?

peace

popsthebuilder
June 13th, 2017, 12:55 PM
I didn't mean to thank that nonsense.

You condemn whole faithful people with such blanket statements.

This isn't good or right or true.

peace

Epoisses
June 13th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Grace, mercy, justice, and long suffering do not abolish or do away with the law.

peace

You're in bondage with Jacob, two peas in a pod.

Epoisses
June 13th, 2017, 01:43 PM
Uhm..... The Christ of GOD was a willing sacrifice.... And is the way.

Do you really think following the way is what a nonbeliever does? To me it seems more like those who act as if the work of the Christ and faith in Him is without effect, knowingly continuing in constant sin without batting an eye and without remorse.

What is written of the conscience within scripture?

peace

Believers are under the law of Christ which you've never known.

Epoisses
June 13th, 2017, 01:46 PM
I didn't mean to thank that nonsense.

You condemn whole faithful people with such blanket statements.

This isn't good or right or true.

peace

Messianic Jews/Hebrew Roots/SDA are all text book examples of the Judaizing heresy of the 1st century. Weep for them if you want but they are fallen away so Jacob and Jamie and God's truth and Meshak are all Satan's little puppets here to dance for the gullible. Only those who know the truth will be protected from their sorcery.

Jacob
June 13th, 2017, 01:54 PM
You're in bondage with Jacob, two peas in a pod.
Shalom.

You are creating problems where there weren't any.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob
June 13th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Messianic Jews/Hebrew Roots/SDA are all text book examples of the Judaizing heresy of the 1st century. Weep for them if you want but they are fallen away so Jacob and Jamie and God's truth and Meshak are all Satan's little puppets here to dance for the gullible. Only those who know the truth will be protected from their sorcery.
Shalom.

I am a Jew, of Israel, as a proselyte and a convert. I am also a citizen of the United States of America. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah. I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation. See Matthew 5:17-20 and Jeremiah 31:31-34. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts.

Shalom.

Jacob

Epoisses
June 13th, 2017, 02:00 PM
Shalom.

I am a Jew, of Israel, as a proselyte and a convert. I am also a citizen of the United States of America. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah. I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation. See Matthew 5:17-20 and Jeremiah 31:31-34. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts.

Shalom.

Jacob

a.k.a I am Jacob and I am fallen away and Jesus lets me post here as a warning to others not to do what I have done.

Epoisses
June 13th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Shalom.

You are creating problems where there weren't any.

Shalom.

Jacob

It's a free forum and I can voice my opinion.

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. Gal. 5:4

Jacob
June 13th, 2017, 02:06 PM
a.k.a I am Jacob and I am fallen away and Jesus lets me post here as a warning to others not to do what I have done.
Shalom.

If a person such as myself keeps the Law how is that a warning to others to not do as I have done?

Fallen away would be choosing to sin, not choosing to obey God or obeying God. If you obey Jesus in Matthew 5:17-20 how is that being fallen away?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob
June 13th, 2017, 02:11 PM

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. Gal. 5:4
Shalom.

No one can be justified by the law. But you are falsely accusing me, creating trouble, and stirring up strife. For you, you do this better by speaking of more than one person at a time. It is called slander, and false witness. It is forbidden by God. If you choose to express an opinion, pick some topic that you have an opinion about. Otherwise you are attempting to be a Judge without the law.

Shalom.

Jacob

john w
June 13th, 2017, 02:32 PM
The Law has been abolished.

So, OK to have you wacked, murdered, since there is no law against it?

john w
June 13th, 2017, 02:34 PM

As to their walk. But that does not mean the the law was abolished. If it did, then everyone is saved, as there is no law to transgress, by which to be charged, and sin is not imputed, when there is no law.

No 55 miles/hour speed limit- no offense for going 75.

EOT. DOA.RIP.

john w
June 13th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Again....

If the law was "abolished," everyone would be saved:

1 John 3:4 KJV Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

So, one of the definitions of sin is " the transgression of the law."

With me?

Now:

Romans 4:15 KJV because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Romans 5:13 KJV (for until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Thus, since sin is the transgression of the law, and, if it is true that there is no more "God's holy law," then, where there is no law, there is no transgression, whereby anyone can be accused, and sin cannot be imputed, if there is no law. Secular wise, for eg., if there is no law against speeding/going over a certain speed, no one can be charged with speeding/breaking a law-there is no law against speeding-no transgression.

popsthebuilder
June 13th, 2017, 03:46 PM
Nice contradiction friend.

Point made for me.... Thank you.

peace

popsthebuilder
June 13th, 2017, 03:51 PM

Sorcery.... Really..... You attempt to manipulate people's motives or actions through fear... This isn't good, nor is it taught by the Way that you seemingly refuse to follow, all while accusing others who attempt to follow that which they have faith in which is indeed of the Christ.

Tell me please; what is your opinion of marhig?

peace

popsthebuilder
June 13th, 2017, 03:56 PM

He is continually offered up as a pure sacrifice in your doctrine of ineffectual faith.

This is impossible and vanity.

Take your pride and eat it... Then maybe you will understand.

Was John the baptizer a worker of satan? What of Elias?

Is the Christ returning to claim what is His, and lead them home?

peace

Epoisses
June 14th, 2017, 06:52 AM
So, OK to have you wacked, murdered, since there is no law against it?

The rock that is John W just dazzled me his brilliance, lol. Believers which you are not are under the Spirit and he controls all their thoughts, words and deeds. You are not a Christian, have never been converted and probably never will be.

Epoisses
June 14th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Again....

If the law was "abolished," everyone would be saved:

1 John 3:4 KJV Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

So, one of the definitions of sin is " the transgression of the law."

With me?

Now:

Romans 4:15 KJV because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Romans 5:13 KJV (for until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Thus, since sin is the transgression of the law, and, if it is true that there is no more "God's holy law," then, where there is no law, there is no transgression, whereby anyone can be accused, and sin cannot be imputed, if there is no law. Secular wise, for eg., if there is no law against speeding/going over a certain speed, no one can be charged with speeding/breaking a law-there is no law against speeding-no transgression.

I drive 75 all the time, moron! I don't get a ticket and I don't get into accidents either. How is that possible you dumb rock?

popsthebuilder
June 14th, 2017, 07:00 AM
I drive 75 all the time, moron! I don't get a ticket and I don't get into accidents either. How is that possible you dumb rock?
Continue to show your true colors.... please

Epoisses
June 14th, 2017, 07:01 AM
Sorcery.... Really..... You attempt to manipulate people's motives or actions through fear... This isn't good, nor is it taught by the Way that you seemingly refuse to follow, all while accusing others who attempt to follow that which they have faith in which is indeed of the Christ.

Tell me please; what is your opinion of marhig?

peace

Oh I get it you must be a Messianic Jew/Hebrew Roots or SDA and my post came a little too close to home. I bet you're a Hebrew Roots because that's where the Dispy's usually end up - worshipping their beloved law/Israel. There is no sadder aspect of modern Christianity than Gentiles who try to be ethnic Jews like when they dress up as the high priest and blow the rams horn. At least Catholics have Christian saints to look up to.

Epoisses
June 14th, 2017, 07:02 AM
Continue to show your true colors.... please

Ok, I will.

john w
June 14th, 2017, 10:08 AM

Oh.

A few of the purposes of the law, in the past, and still today:

1. So that man can know what sin is.....

Romans 3:20 KJV

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 7:7 KJV

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

....and thus, as in Exodus, a "learning lesson"(Romans 15:4 KJV), the children of Israel, by the law/slavery, experienced the weight of the law, "on their backs," as it broke them, teaching them, leading them, "the lost" in Egypt, and the lost today, on this graveyard called "earth," to the only solution, the LORD God, as it is written.....

2. Galatians 3:24 KJV

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

.....the Lord Jesus Christ.

john w
June 14th, 2017, 10:13 AM
The rock that is John W just dazzled me his brilliance, lol. Believers which you are not are under the Spirit and he controls all their thoughts, words and deeds. You are not a Christian, have never been converted and probably never will be.

A child of the devil, addressing a forever justified saint? You don't have the clout, Hop Sing. And thanks for all the scripture, Oprah, backing up your opinions, about opinions, about opinions of opinions.....and musings, and speculations.....Weighty, Oprah.... We can get that from day time TV-and,it's almost as entertaining as you, clown-ette.

Take your seat.

john w
June 14th, 2017, 10:17 AM

Translation: I did not get caught speeding, murdering someone, stealing someone's blow pop's....................in the secular world,and its associated laws, so I broke no law.

Sit, and I apologize to you-I made an intial assumption that you were in my league, IQ wise. Again, I extend my apologies, and condolences, Gilligan.

ok doser
June 14th, 2017, 11:26 AM
I drive 75 all the time...

in your driveway?

in your garage?

while you're posting on tol?

popsthebuilder
June 14th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Oh I get it you must be a Messianic Jew/Hebrew Roots or SDA and my post came a little too close to home. I bet you're a Hebrew Roots because that's where the Dispy's usually end up - worshipping their beloved law/Israel. There is no sadder aspect of modern Christianity than Gentiles who try to be ethnic Jews like when they dress up as the high priest and blow the rams horn. At least Catholics have Christian saints to look up to.
I have no clue what it is you are trying to say. I don't really hold to divisions or sects in faith.

peace

Epoisses
June 14th, 2017, 01:50 PM
You can't be justified by driving 55MPH. LOL That's what we call works-righteousness where you trust in your abilities instead of trusting that Christ is in control of your life even when your driving at 75MPH! Jesus can keep me safe at 75 and I get where I'm going faster.

john w
June 14th, 2017, 02:15 PM
You can't be justified by driving 55MPH. LOL That's what we call works-righteousness where you trust in your abilities instead of trusting that Christ is in control of your life even when your driving at 75MPH! Jesus can keep me safe at 75 and I get where I'm going faster.

Quite irrelevant, Jethrene, and nice bait'nswitch, create a moving target, move the goal posts. The argument is not whether the law/driving 55 can justify-it cannot(and driving 55, is just doing what is required;keeping the law is just doing what is required-it is not righteousness). The argument is whether the law has been abolished, as you "argue" -it has not been-you made that up. The scripture never argues that. If it did, everyone would be saved. The law, today, still serves the purposes for which it served, in the past, for the lost.

That's slick, Jethrene....Real slick...Slick as a serpent....

Epoisses
June 14th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Quite irrelevant, Jethrene, and nice bait'nswitch, create a moving target, move the goal posts. The argument is not whether the law can justify-it cannot. The argument is whether it has been abolished, as you "argue." -it has not been-you made that up.

That's slick, Jethrene....Real slick...Slick as a serpent....

The spiritual aspect of the law or love is still binding while the letter of the law or 'Torah' is abolished.

john w
June 14th, 2017, 02:32 PM
The spiritual aspect of the law or love is still binding while the letter of the law or 'Torah' is abolished.

More slickness, doing a tap dance, with a cane, and top hat, changing your argument....You "argued:"

You have "deuce/seven" in "Texas Hold'Em"/"Fold 'Em." Fold. Stay down on the mat, slick.

the letter of the law or 'Torah' is abolished.

No, it has not-no scripture says that. If it did, everyone would be saved. The law, today, still serves the purposes for which it served, in the past, for the lost.

Tell us why murder is wrong. Go ahead-objectively.

A few of the purposes of the law, in the past, and still today:

1. So that man can know what sin is.....

Romans 3:20 KJV

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 7:7 KJV

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

....and thus, as in Exodus, a "learning lesson"(Romans 15:4 KJV), the children of Israel, by the law/slavery, experienced the weight of the law, "on their backs," as it broke them, teaching them, leading them, "the lost" in Egypt, and the lost today, on this graveyard called "earth," to the only solution, the LORD God, as it is written.....

2. Galatians 3:24 KJV

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

.....the Lord Jesus Christ.

Epoisses
June 14th, 2017, 02:35 PM
I thought I was dumb until I encountered you!

john w
June 14th, 2017, 02:38 PM

That's the drone's best volley....Love 40....Your volley did not make it over the net....Poor you...

Galatians 3:24 KJV

Tell us just how the law brought Paul, the Galatians, others, to Christ, if it was abolished.

And tell us just how anyone can break the law of going over 55, if no law exists, preventing it? Paul's point...

I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Go ahead. You have the podium.

Fold....Cut your losses.

john w
June 14th, 2017, 02:42 PM

Thanks for checkin' in, Forest. You are dismissed, Col. Klink.

Epoisses
June 14th, 2017, 02:43 PM
That's the drone's best volley....Love 40....Your volley did not make it over the net....Poor you...

Tell us just how the law brought Paul, the Galatians, others, to Christ, if it was abolished.

And tell us just how anyone can break the law of going over 55, if no law exists, preventing it? Paul's point...

I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Fold....Cut your losses.

Human laws were ordained by God for unbelievers who are cut off from grace.

Spiritual laws like faith and love govern believers with their thoughts, words and deeds.

john w
June 14th, 2017, 02:48 PM

Spiritual laws like faith and love govern believers with their thoughts, words and deeds.

Did our slick hero, address my question, based upon her "argument?" Nope. Just more "Well, in my opinion.....," assertions, pound the podium, return to "Well, uh, urr" echo chamber.

Fold....Cut your losses.

john w
June 14th, 2017, 02:54 PM

Quite irrelevant to your "argument" that the law, as outlined in the OT, was abolished.

Quite irrelevant to your "argument" that the law, as outlined in the OT, was abolished. And yes, "faith and love govern believers with their thoughts, words and deeds," but that is in our walk, our sanctification,that has NADA to do with your straw man of mixing in justification into the argument, and that does not mean, nor does scripture even imply, that God's holy law was abolished.If it was, then everyone is saved, as sin is not imputed where there is no law, as no law, no transgression...............and you can make no objective "argument" as to why murder, lying, theft............................................. .................................................. ....................are wrong, if the law was abolished-None.

Epoisses
June 14th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Did our slick hero, address my question, based upon her "argument?" Nope. Just more "Well, in my opinion.....," assertions, pound the podium, return to "Well, uh, urr" echo chamber.

Fold....Cut your losses.

And after we come to Christ we are no longer under the law anymore Gal. 3:25. Just read a few more verses before the smoke shoots out of your ears.

john w
June 14th, 2017, 02:59 PM
And after we come to Christ we are no longer under the law anymore Gal. 3:25. Just read a few more verses before the smoke shoots out of your ears.

So, you admit that the law not abolished? It did bring us to Christ, so you lied, when you said it was abolished, or, your IQ is 34. Which is it?

no longer=we were under it, at one time, so it was not abolished, and still exists today, one of its purposes, still being to bring the lost to Christ.

Fold-this is too easy.

john w
June 14th, 2017, 03:16 PM

vs.

And after we come to Christ we are no longer under the law anymore

Snap, crackle, pop.....

meshak
June 14th, 2017, 03:26 PM

well said. amen.

Jacob is worshipper of his natural blood relatives.

Jacob
June 14th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Shalom.

I do not know what you mean. I am a Jew, of Israel, as a proselyte and a convert. My parents have said that they are not Jewish. I have siblings. I do not have a wife and children. I do not even know what you mean.

Shalom.

Jacob

john w
June 14th, 2017, 03:48 PM
well said. amen.

Post #26 was Epoisses addressing popsthebuilder, with "Believers are under the law of Christ which you've never known...", not Jacob, so sober up, and pay attention to the debate, instead of just spamming random sound bytes. Good day to you, sir.

meshak
June 14th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #26 was Epoisses addressing popsthebuilder, with "Believers are under the law of Christ which you've never known...", not Jacob, so sober up, and pay attention to the debate, instead of just spamming random sound bytes. Good day to you, sir.

You don't know Jacob and what he is talking about.

And I know pops and epo too.

john w
June 14th, 2017, 03:59 PM
You don't know Jacob and what he is talking about.

And I know pops and epo too.

Irrelevant.Post #26 was Epoisses addressing popsthebuilder, with "Believers are under the law of Christ which you've never known...", not Jacob, so sober up, and pay attention to the debate, instead of just spamming random sound bytes.

Put the quart of "Boone's Farm" down. And get rid of that stupid hat, Gertrude. Good day to you, sir.

meshak
June 14th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Irrelevant.

Yes, it is relevant. You dont know behind what Jacob is promoting. You dont know much about which posters are pushing what. I have been paying attention to most posters.

You can never tell how Jacob flip flaps. He has no idea what he is talking about.

john w
June 14th, 2017, 04:12 PM
Yes, it is relevant. You dont know behi8nd what Jacob is promoting. You dont know much about which posters are pushing what. I have been paying attention to most posters.

You can never tell how Jacob flip flaps. He has no idea what he is talking about.

Irrelevant.Post #26 was Epoisses addressing popsthebuilder, with "Believers are under the law of Christ which you've never known...", not Jacob, so sober up, and pay attention to the debate, instead of just spamming random sound bytes.

Put down your bottle of scotch, and sober up. Good night to you sir, as you down another scotch and soda, chased by a good year in wine-May.

Did you have Bybee wacked?

meshak
June 14th, 2017, 04:34 PM

Put down your bottle of scotch, and sober up. Good night to you sir, as you down another scotch and soda, chased by a good year in wine-May.

Yes, we are under Jesus' law. That's what Christianity is all about.

And again you claim to follow Paul and not Jesus. So I guess Jacob is your good company.

good day, John.

popsthebuilder
June 14th, 2017, 04:41 PM

What purpose does the law serve for those God has cut off in your doctrine?

john w
June 14th, 2017, 04:55 PM
Yes, we are under Jesus' law. That's what Christianity is all about.

And again you claim to follow Paul and not Jesus. So I guess Jacob is your good company.

good day, John.

Irrelevant, to the argument, that the law has been abolished-you/others made that up, reading it from your JW SOF,in between numerous shots of Jack Daniels, certainly not the scriptures. And show some respect, Christ rejector; it is the Lord Jesus Christ, not "Jesus," as you address him, in disdain, as His enemies only did, while He was on earth. Good night to you, lush-sleep it off.

john w
June 14th, 2017, 05:11 PM

meshak
June 14th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Irrelevant, to the argument, that the law has been abolished-you/others made that up, reading it from your JW SOF,in between numerous shots of Jack Daniels, certainly not the scriptures. And show some respect, Christ rejector; it is the Lord Jesus Christ, not "Jesus," as you address him, in disdain, as His enemies only did, while He was on earth. Good night to you, lush-sleep it off.

Good day, John.

john w
June 14th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Good day, John.

Did you give Bybee a permanent "good day?" Fess up....You had her wacked, didn't you? And take off that stupid hat. Sleep it off, and good night to you, sir.

Eeset
June 14th, 2017, 06:04 PM
I didn't know Bybee was wacked!

Epoisses
June 14th, 2017, 09:01 PM
What purpose does the law serve for those God has cut off in your doctrine?

Gentiles were never under any Law from God to begin with. Only Israel was under the law. Gentiles began their Christian walk by faith in Christ alone. That's it. That's all we have to do is just put all our faith and trust in Christ. All the endless debates of Paul and Peter and John were always with those who try to add works or law-keeping to the gospel. The gospel is faith and trust alone in Christ alone. You have to trust that God is really in control of your life and when any problems happen you just give them to him and he handles it.

popsthebuilder
June 15th, 2017, 06:17 AM
Gentiles were never under any Law from God to begin with. Only Israel was under the law. Gentiles began their Christian walk by faith in Christ alone. That's it. That's all we have to do is just put all our faith and trust in Christ. All the endless debates of Paul and Peter and John were always with those who try to add works or law-keeping to the gospel. The gospel is faith and trust alone in Christ alone. You have to trust that God is really in control of your life and when any problems happen you just give them to him and he handles it.
1)answer my question please.

2)what makes you assume that those who don't believe faith is ineffectual don't already have faith in the Christ of GOD? How do you conclude that those from which you can observe faith through works don't already have faith. That doesn't make sense and is illogical.

Anyone can rattle off some vague spoon feed bull.

Answer my questions in your words; preferably with actual answers to questions actually asked.

peace

Epoisses
June 15th, 2017, 06:42 AM

2)what makes you assume that those who don't believe faith is ineffectual don't already have faith in the Christ of GOD? How do you conclude that those from which you can observe faith through works don't already have faith. That doesn't make sense and is illogical.

Answer my questions in your words; preferably with actual answers to questions actually asked.

peace

Your wedded to a law that was never for you, Hebrew Roots or SDA or whatever you are.

meshak
June 15th, 2017, 06:56 AM
Your wedded to a law that was never for you, Hebrew Roots or SDA or whatever you are.

Pops is not the enemy of Christ. Please concentrate on the simple truth.

Epoisses
June 15th, 2017, 06:57 AM
Pops is not the enemy of Christ. Please concentrate on the simple truth.

You hat is the enemy of Christ. Please stop provoking the master the way you do.

meshak
June 15th, 2017, 06:58 AM

peace

Epo is not the enemy of Christ. Please concentrate on the simple truth.

No one is perfect.

popsthebuilder
June 15th, 2017, 07:13 AM
I ask that you please do stop with the assumptions. I am not affiliated with any particular sect or division of faith in GOD. I will gladly disclose any information you may like in regards to my faith, but please; just ask, don't guess.

Are you not going to answer my questions at all?

peace

ok doser
June 15th, 2017, 07:37 AM

....and then you realized you were really really dumb? :idunno: